• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:17
CEST 08:17
KST 15:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9836 users

sGs New Player/Low Level Clan - Page 5

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28 29 Next All
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-10 04:08:48
October 10 2011 04:08 GMT
#81
On October 10 2011 13:06 Harem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2011 13:04 sCCrooked wrote:
I end up seeing a good 46% Protoss : 39% Terran : 15% Zerg

Why the hell are there so much fewer main Zergs? o_O

You also need to consider MU itself.

There are a lot of people who dodge mirrors or racepick.


I'm finding the same thing in PvZ though. Anybody out there encountering a more even amount of zergs?(a.k.a. quit stealing my zerg opponents )
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-10 04:22:52
October 10 2011 04:20 GMT
#82
On October 10 2011 12:52 sh4w wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2011 12:47 Falling wrote:
Yeah I don't think it's not near so swung towards protoss as 90% or I'd be playing a lot more pvp's. I actually feel like I get a pretty even spread.

Really?
Yeah...I was exaggerating But it really feels protoss favored to me at least.
Maybe it's because I'm so low?
Some nights it's just 4-5 PvP's in a row.
Now I'm interested as well to see an "official" race distribution.


I dunno, I'm pretty low myself D-. I've never actually thought about race distribution until this thread now because it's always felt 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 to me. And sometimes zerg heavy- but maybe I remember them more because I am rubbish at defending my fast expands from all the possible busts or fast tech Zergs have :S

Edit
Now mind you, the old sGs tended to have a lot of Protoss in it, so maybe there's something to that.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
TheWarbler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1659 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-10 05:26:28
October 10 2011 05:24 GMT
#83
joined up sGsWarbler, I am on ICCUP now msg me if you want to play.
if you can believe you can concieve
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
October 10 2011 07:59 GMT
#84
my numbers are 47% protoss, 37% zerg, 11% terran.

I don't really see the point in chossing protoss because it's "easier" tho, if you never played 1v1 you're gonna get smashed anyway when you start out
hellbound
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2242 Posts
October 10 2011 09:10 GMT
#85
On October 10 2011 16:59 dementrio wrote:
my numbers are 47% protoss, 37% zerg, 11% terran.

I don't really see the point in chossing protoss because it's "easier" tho, if you never played 1v1 you're gonna get smashed anyway when you start out


I remember once, when I was still young and unwise I showed BW to a girl and asked her which race she fancies most. Protoss she said "because they look expensive".

The lack of terran is strange if I knew about the mechanical nature of T gameplay and the sublime power of their armies when controlled correctly when I was starting to play BW I would have definitely opted for it. But alas, all I knew was that the zerg soundtrack was by far the most awesome and now I am infested for life. Don't give up the fight my squishy terran friends!
sCCrooked
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)1306 Posts
October 10 2011 13:38 GMT
#86
On October 10 2011 18:10 hellbound wrote:
I showed BW to a girl and asked her which race she fancies most. Protoss she said "because they look expensive".


I laughed and the song "Gold Digger" immediately popped into my head when I read this.
Enlightened in an age of anti-intellectualism and quotidian repetitiveness of asinine assumptive thinking. Best lycan guide evar --> "Fixing solo queue all pick one game at a time." ~KwarK-
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
October 10 2011 14:57 GMT
#87
whenever I laddered I got like 60% Zerg 30% Terran 10% Protoss
Writerptrk
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
October 10 2011 15:31 GMT
#88
I dont know..

I usually host games and when people join my race is already set to Protoss, so mostly of the people end up picking Zerg versus me, which sucks because I can't beat Zerg.... not sure if their main is Zerg or they just dodge certain matchups.

rant:
how are you supposed to break 6 sunkens behind an evo and hatch...... fucking simcity.. and then there is also the mutas. Holy crap fuck mutas they are so annoying, even more annoying than mosquitos flying into your ear during your sleep..... fuck mutas.
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
X10A
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada9837 Posts
October 10 2011 15:36 GMT
#89
I hope to get back into practice, but school is draining me TT
And my PvZ is absolutely horrible, I cannot do anything to even try to win playing standard ><
CJ/T8 Fighting//#1 STX and Bisu anti <3//YES X10A is based off the Freedom Gundam
supernovamaniac
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States3048 Posts
October 10 2011 16:12 GMT
#90
On October 11 2011 00:31 fabiano wrote:
I dont know..

I usually host games and when people join my race is already set to Protoss, so mostly of the people end up picking Zerg versus me, which sucks because I can't beat Zerg.... not sure if their main is Zerg or they just dodge certain matchups.

rant:
how are you supposed to break 6 sunkens behind an evo and hatch...... fucking simcity.. and then there is also the mutas. Holy crap fuck mutas they are so annoying, even more annoying than mosquitos flying into your ear during your sleep..... fuck mutas.


If they turtle like that make sure they don't expand elsewhere, go drain him.
ppp
duncan.mc
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States231 Posts
October 10 2011 17:06 GMT
#91
On October 11 2011 00:31 fabiano wrote:
I dont know..

I usually host games and when people join my race is already set to Protoss, so mostly of the people end up picking Zerg versus me, which sucks because I can't beat Zerg.... not sure if their main is Zerg or they just dodge certain matchups.

rant:
how are you supposed to break 6 sunkens behind an evo and hatch...... fucking simcity.. and then there is also the mutas. Holy crap fuck mutas they are so annoying, even more annoying than mosquitos flying into your ear during your sleep..... fuck mutas.



I've been experimenting more on 1 base play. I know it's not standard, but it feels a lot more comfortable to me. Plus I don't lose to all the possible ling all-ins/hydra busts/2hatch muta/quick lurker/etc crap that's really hard to scout from FE for us low level players. PvZ was the source of almost all my frustrations in BW, but since I started 1basing I've been a lot happier, even if it isn't the current strongest way to play.
djm858
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
October 10 2011 17:35 GMT
#92
I think that is because sadly there is not enough info on how to properly execute "standard" builds. e.g. Liquipedia tells you the build order, but I once found a post by Idra on how to do a 9 min push tvz, things like cancel marines and get 2nd rax asap if you scout 12hatch, get factory before +1, and such are not explained well in liquipedia, they are such eye openers because i would all of a sudden find myself with double the army size at checkpoint timings (pre-spire, pre-lurker, etc), which snowballs since i would take less damage from mutas and so on.

When you do a 1-base build there's not much deviation so you often get to play perfect for far longer, and it can easily put you in a better midgame than a poorly executed fe, alas for us noobies we can't even tell that we are doing it wrong so we can't improve.

on a related note, i downloaded the tsl2 replay pack, which handle was idra using in it?
W00tbeer1
Profile Joined August 2011
United States33 Posts
October 10 2011 18:05 GMT
#93
Just wondering I already have one iCCup account and I would like to join this clan. Are you allowed to have multiple iCCup accounts? or is that against the ToS and will get both your accounts banned? Thanks.
duncan.mc
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States231 Posts
October 10 2011 18:14 GMT
#94
On October 11 2011 03:05 W00tbeer1 wrote:
Just wondering I already have one iCCup account and I would like to join this clan. Are you allowed to have multiple iCCup accounts? or is that against the ToS and will get both your accounts banned? Thanks.


You can have more than one account. It's fine.
djm858
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
October 10 2011 18:17 GMT
#95
Hi I'm sGs.Fusi I decided to come to BW from SC2 I plan on playing terran and I would like to pratice with fellow low level players as I'm a little bit nervous about playing BW against real people and some matches before I start laddering would help me get over my initial online nerves that I always have playing an online game at first. But a quick newbie question anyways what's the basic 101 for new players TvZ and TvT opening? I know siege expand for TvP but I'm not too sure about the other matchups right now against the AI I just kind of wing it but I'd much prefer to have some kind of basic opening in my mind.
Glorious SEA doto
eXigent.
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada2419 Posts
October 10 2011 19:08 GMT
#96
On October 11 2011 03:17 Fusilero wrote:
Hi I'm sGs.Fusi I decided to come to BW from SC2 I plan on playing terran and I would like to pratice with fellow low level players as I'm a little bit nervous about playing BW against real people and some matches before I start laddering would help me get over my initial online nerves that I always have playing an online game at first. But a quick newbie question anyways what's the basic 101 for new players TvZ and TvT opening? I know siege expand for TvP but I'm not too sure about the other matchups right now against the AI I just kind of wing it but I'd much prefer to have some kind of basic opening in my mind.


Just like for starcraft 2, Broodwar also has a Liquipedia page chalk full of strategies for all 3 races. Here is the link to the terran portion

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Terran_Strategy

enjoy!
Runnin
Profile Joined May 2010
208 Posts
October 10 2011 21:40 GMT
#97
Just made an account and played a few bw games for the first time in...probably a decade? Name is sGs.Runnin, D- (is there an F?) random player. If you're in the same boat feel free to hit me up for games if I'm on, I had a great 30 minute game against another sGs guy whose name I can't recall, but it was awesome to be able to log on and immediately find someone with an equally low skill level.
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
October 10 2011 22:11 GMT
#98
zomg this game is so hard D:

Currently on a SC2 run (mid-high diamond). Will switch back to the best game on the planet as soon as I place into masters. Be ready people
Jaedong.
TruE
Profile Joined November 2005
Sweden16 Posts
October 10 2011 22:11 GMT
#99
Just made an account, waiting for team conformation, REALLY low level T, nick sGs.molteni
Nal_Ra will prevail...
keiraknightlee
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States301 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-10 22:38:59
October 10 2011 22:31 GMT
#100
Hey guys, count me on board!!!

I am sGs.Aldebaran hope to see you peeps soon...

I'm just a noob toss and occasional zerg player, my best moment in bw was 4 pooling a d+ toss
~~~Happiness. Dreams. Love~~~Good Luck
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 304
sorry 65
Mind 64
Bale 33
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
League of Legends
JimRising 725
Other Games
summit1g7877
Coldzera 722
WinterStarcraft644
C9.Mang0318
Sick153
febbydoto22
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick698
BasetradeTV176
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2168
League of Legends
• Rush1483
Other Games
• Shiphtur634
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
3h 43m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
5h 43m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.