• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:41
CEST 13:41
KST 20:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9711 users

[Interview] 2010-10-26 KT vs ACE Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 03:49:57
October 27 2010 00:36 GMT
#1
That was WAY closer than it should have been. Especially considering + Show Spoiler +
RuBy got DQ'd against Flash for something dumd


Action

[image loading]
[T/N ##Vote Action]


Q: Your thoughts on winning?
A: When I discovered who my opponent was going to be, I was very worried, but it's good that I won in the end.

Q: Why were you worried about yoru opponent?
A: I've lost to Yellow before, and his games are usually watched very closely, so I was worried about whether I could win.

Q: You've played a lot of ZvZ this season, are you being particularly chosen to play ZvZ?
A: It's all coincidence; it's not necessarily that I want to play so many ZvZs. Since I don't really like playing ZvZ, I want to play my other matchups.

Q: In the game, when your mutalisks faced off with Yellow's, you ended up in a crisis.
A: I won the first skirmish, so I didn't think I would lose the air battle. I just thought of survival, and I was slightly stunned at facing a loss right there. It's good that my scourge timing was fine.

Q: Out of the people who changed teams during the offseason, your success is the greatest.
A: I suddenly got a paycheck, and my environment changed a lot, and so my ambitions changed too (haha). I started thinking it wasn't okay if I played badly, and I started getting a lot of positive stress regarding my record. I think this is a good influence on me. [T/N thanks Milkis]

Q: Have you discussed results with other players who changed teams?
A: We regularly get together to chat, but we rarely discuss performance.

Q: Right now, are you fully integrated into KT?
A: I can't say fully yet, but I've adjusted to a good degree. Right now, there are people who I'm getting along better with, but there are some aspects of life that are still inconvenient for me.

Q: Your next opponent will be Samsung. Who do you want to face?
A: If Grape is available, I don't want to play him. Aside from Grape, I'm fine with anyone. I don't feel like I'm on the same team as him anymore, so if we play it'll be very weird.

Q: Anything else?
A: Hoejja and coach HOT have told me a lot of things, so I'm thankful for that. Aside from them, there are too many others to thank, so I'll just say "Thanks everyone!" (haha)

source: http://www.wfbrood.com/xingji/hanguoxingji/xingji_57381.html

ForGG and Stats

[image loading]


Q: Your thoughts on winning the match?
Stats: GoRush actually has a winning record head-to-head against me, so I was very anxious. Even though I won, the game was very ugly, but since the team won in the end I'm delighted.
ForGG: Once I knew Rock was going to be my opponent, I knew epic cheese was incoming, so I was worried about that. But I told myself that if I was calm and passed the early game safely, I would be able to win easily.
Stats: I'll also say that today's strategy was one that ForGG never used, not even in practice (haha). [T/N thanks Milkis for fixifying this]
ForGG: I didn't intend to play conservatively. But I felt a little uneasy during the game, so it ended up that way.

Q: Is it because you (ForGG) have been beaten by Rock before?
ForGG: Nope, it's just that on this map P has a lot of cheese options.

Q: Up until the midgame, you (Stats) were in a disadvantageous situation.
Stats: I lost my main, and at that point I though to myself "I lost like this..." But I still thought that it wasn't yet time to GG, so I redoubled my focus on the game. Once the 4 o'clock base went down, the game started turning in my favor. Unfortunately, I also had bad premonitions at that point. I didn't have much resources at that point, so I had to be cautious. Luckily, my opponent didn't make mutas, so I could rely heavily on the power of reavers to save the day. If mutalisks had come out, I probably would have lost (haha).

Q: People often say your [T/N Chinese doesn't say who this is directed at, but I'll assume Stats?] games are quite interesting.
Stats: I want to play an elegant game, but to be honest playing makes me really tired. So playing cleanly is better.

Q: What did you (ForGG) feel while watching Stats play?
ForGG: I was very amused. I know that in the past, I've also played a lot of amusing games. But it's the spectator who is happy watching; the player himself is dead tired (haha). But I hope that in the future there will be many of this type of game.

Q: In the opening, you (ForGG) harassed a lot to gain a lead.
ForGG: At the outset, I didn't think of using a contain, but since Rock got two bases without even a single Dragoon, I ended up gaining a great advantage.
Stats: As a P, seeing that situation just made me enraged (haha). Of course, Rock is on a different team, but seeing a fellow Protoss in that situation was painful.

Q: You (ForGG) must have been in that situation before in practice.
ForGG: Very often, in fact, but in practice Stats always stops me cold, so it was I who was enraged. (haha)
Stats: Seeing it in practice is good because it helps you resist the strategy better. Same with getting the impluse to smash your keyboard. (haha)

Q: Your next opponent is Samsung.
Stats: I don't really have a player I want to face. I just want to win an unconditional victory.
ForGG: I only want to play an opponent I can beat. As to who that might be, I'll let everyone ponder it. We're gradually starting to face stronger opponents, so I hope we can continue winning.

Q: Did Flash's win by default influence you?
ForGG: Not at all. To be honest, being disqualified for accidentally quitting at the start is really regrettable. In this type of win, Flash had no chance to be dominant. I feel some pity for Ruby. Our opponent had a strategy prepared and everything, but he didn't get the chance to show his fans.

Q: Any final comments?
Stats: Coaches HOT and Hery are helping the team practice a lot. Also thanks to Woongjin's Hon_sin and Soulkey who helped me practice.
ForGG: The new Bo7s are being played very late, so I thank all the fans who helped cheer us on. In the future, if the fans keep supporting us, then we'll definitely go to GwangAhnRi again and win the gold to repay them.

source: http://www.wfbrood.com/xingji/hanguoxingji/xingji_57381_2.html
Translator:3
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
October 27 2010 00:56 GMT
#2
ahh i can imagine hoejja trying to help action with the transition to KT. He's such a nice guy
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
October 27 2010 01:07 GMT
#3
thanks~
betting on fomos not interviewing flash, lol
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
October 27 2010 01:13 GMT
#4
On October 27 2010 10:07 Antoine wrote:
thanks~
betting on fomos not interviewing flash, lol

well there's nothing on wfbrood

also, Stats and ForGG is up
Translator:3
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
October 27 2010 01:22 GMT
#5
Stats: I'll also say that today's strategy was one that I never used, not even in practice (haha). [T/N this sounds incredible so someone check it for me please?]


据说是练习的时候都没有打过的战术,今天用上了(笑)

"Supposedly it was a strategy that was never used/never seen before in practice, that was used today"

I have no idea who or what this is referring to though
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
October 27 2010 01:23 GMT
#6
On October 27 2010 10:22 Kyuukyuu wrote:
Show nested quote +
Stats: I'll also say that today's strategy was one that I never used, not even in practice (haha). [T/N this sounds incredible so someone check it for me please?]


据说是练习的时候都没有打过的战术,今天用上了(笑)

"Supposedly it was a strategy that was never used/never seen before in practice, that was used today"

I have no idea who or what this is referring to though

ffffff
the wonders of retranslation
Translator:3
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 01:54:03
October 27 2010 01:49 GMT
#7
On October 27 2010 10:22 Kyuukyuu wrote:
Show nested quote +
Stats: I'll also say that today's strategy was one that I never used, not even in practice (haha). [T/N this sounds incredible so someone check it for me please?]


据说是练习的时候都没有打过的战术,今天用上了(笑)

"Supposedly it was a strategy that was never used/never seen before in practice, that was used today"

I have no idea who or what this is referring to though


▲ 김대엽=연습 때도 안 하던 플레이를 오늘 하더라(웃음).
▲ 박지수=나는 원래 이렇게 안전하게 하지 않는다. 하지만 오늘은 뭔가 무서워서 안전하게 했다

Stats: [ForGG] was using a play today that he doesn't even use in practice [laugh]
ForGG: I don't normally play this safe. But today, I was really scared of something so I played conservatively.

Q: Out of the people who changed teams during the offseason, your success is the greatest.
A: I suddenly got a paycheck, and my environment changed a lot, and so my ambitions changed too (haha). I thought that if [T/N says 太菜, dunno what that means] wasn't OK, the thirst for success I had also gave me pressure, so I guess that was a serious motivator. [T/N ok wtf]


▲ 갑작스럽게 연봉도 받게 됐고, 환경도 달라져 생각이 많이 달라졌다(웃음). 못하게 되면 안 되겠다는 생각이 들기도 하고, 성적에 대한 긍정적인 스트레스도 많이 늘어난게 좋은 영향을 끼치는 것 같다.

I suddenly started getting a salary, and the environment changed a lot so i started thinking a lot differently (laugh). I started thinking it wasn't okay if I played badly, and I started getting a lot of positive stress regarding my record. I think this is a good influence on me.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
October 27 2010 01:51 GMT
#8
Bahahah epic cheese incoming nice nice.
Man Flash should have gotten an interview.

"What does it feel like to be so good that you win the match before it even starts?"
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 02:07:14
October 27 2010 01:53 GMT
#9
Thanks for the translations

On October 27 2010 10:51 flamewheel wrote:
Man Flash should have gotten an interview.


[image loading]


Q: So Flash, what do you have to say about the strategy you have shown us?
I honestly didn't think it would work. I have been practicing my epic eye twitches lately, and decided to try the new and improved twitch in a live match. I almost began doubting myself but then I saw RuBy leave the game before the countdown ended.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
October 27 2010 01:53 GMT
#10
On October 27 2010 10:49 Milkis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2010 10:22 Kyuukyuu wrote:
Stats: I'll also say that today's strategy was one that I never used, not even in practice (haha). [T/N this sounds incredible so someone check it for me please?]


据说是练习的时候都没有打过的战术,今天用上了(笑)

"Supposedly it was a strategy that was never used/never seen before in practice, that was used today"

I have no idea who or what this is referring to though


▲ 김대엽=연습 때도 안 하던 플레이를 오늘 하더라(웃음).
▲ 박지수=나는 원래 이렇게 안전하게 하지 않는다. 하지만 오늘은 뭔가 무서워서 안전하게 했다

Stats: [ForGG] was using a play today that he doesn't even use in practice [laugh]
ForGG: I don't normally play this safe. But today, I was really scared of something so I played conservatively.

kk thanks
Translator:3
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
October 27 2010 02:10 GMT
#11
On October 27 2010 10:53 moopie wrote:
Thanks for the translations

Show nested quote +
On October 27 2010 10:51 flamewheel wrote:
Man Flash should have gotten an interview.


[image loading]


Q: So Flash, what do you have to say about the strategy you have shown us?
I honestly didn't think it would work. I have been practicing my epic eye twitches lately, and decided to try the new and improved twitch in a live match. I almost began doubting myself but then I saw RuBy leave the game before the countdown ended.


LOL you're funny=P
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
Lightningbullet
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States507 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 02:20:00
October 27 2010 02:16 GMT
#12
Comment of the 12-year old Chinese Skt fan and Brrod War addict: I think 太菜 means too much. If im not mistaken of course.
EDIT: oh wait, my mistake I know that 太 means very, but the other character idk
BoxeR is AWESOME!!!!//Proud 2nd Member of the BW>SC2 club.
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9828 Posts
October 27 2010 02:19 GMT
#13
yayay forgg!
+ Show Spoiler +
##Vote infinitestory
boomer hands
lastkarrde
Profile Joined December 2009
New Zealand66 Posts
October 27 2010 02:37 GMT
#14
Thanks for the translation!

What happened in the Flash Ruby game?
TTD
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
October 27 2010 02:41 GMT
#15
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 27 2010 11:10 Antoine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2010 10:53 moopie wrote:
Thanks for the translations

On October 27 2010 10:51 flamewheel wrote:
Man Flash should have gotten an interview.


[image loading]


Q: So Flash, what do you have to say about the strategy you have shown us?
I honestly didn't think it would work. I have been practicing my epic eye twitches lately, and decided to try the new and improved twitch in a live match. I almost began doubting myself but then I saw RuBy leave the game before the countdown ended.


LOL you're funny=P


FTW!!! really funny
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
alypse
Profile Joined May 2010
2784 Posts
October 27 2010 02:51 GMT
#16
Long time no seeing you flamewheel. Welcome back. Will you write another epic article for BW?
KT Violet 1988 - 2012
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
October 27 2010 03:40 GMT
#17
Action wasn't even receiving a salary back on Estro?

=[
Redmark
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2129 Posts
October 27 2010 03:44 GMT
#18
On October 27 2010 11:16 Lightningbullet wrote:
Comment of the 12-year old Chinese Skt fan and Brrod War addict: I think 太菜 means too much. If im not mistaken of course.
EDIT: oh wait, my mistake I know that 太 means very, but the other character idk

It's vegetable isn't it?
ArbAttack
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada198 Posts
October 27 2010 03:52 GMT
#19
On October 27 2010 11:16 Lightningbullet wrote:
Comment of the 12-year old Chinese Skt fan and Brrod War addict: I think 太菜 means too much. If im not mistaken of course.
EDIT: oh wait, my mistake I know that 太 means very, but the other character idk


太 is very, and 菜 means vegetables.

Together, it means "too soft", or just "too noob".

The expression makes sense I guess, you are playing pretty badly if you're playing like a vegetable.
Altenotiz
Profile Joined December 2009
Canada41 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 03:57:06
October 27 2010 03:53 GMT
#20
太菜 means "too noob", or something like that. It's slang.

▲ 突然拿到了年薪,环境也变了,于是想法变了很多(笑)。我想要是太菜是不行的,对于成绩的渴望也让我感受到了很多压力,这也是一种积极的影响吧。

Suddenly I got my salary, and the environment changed, so my mind also changed a lot. I thought that I can't be too noob, my thrist for performance gave me a lot of pressure, but it's also has a kind of positive effect.


Not too good with translation, but I'm 99% sure on what 太菜 means.

Edit: Damn, beaten.
A pizza with radius z and crust-height a, has a volume calculated by pi*z*z*a
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 951
WardiTV342
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 12426
StarCastTV_EN392
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko345
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 16578
Bisu 4525
Jaedong 4071
EffOrt 1235
BeSt 980
ZerO 521
Horang2 467
Pusan 307
actioN 276
Zeus 240
[ Show more ]
Larva 198
Mind 137
Hyun 129
Barracks 108
ggaemo 78
Killer 54
Sharp 44
scan(afreeca) 41
Shinee 40
Bale 36
ToSsGirL 33
NotJumperer 33
Sea.KH 27
Hm[arnc] 20
Sacsri 19
Terrorterran 13
Snow 12
zelot 11
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
Dendi892
League of Legends
JimRising 312
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1660
byalli669
markeloff66
Other Games
crisheroes249
Pyrionflax188
DeMusliM155
dupreeh103
Mew2King62
QueenE17
B2W.Neo0
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream49
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV595
League of Legends
• Jankos1265
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 19m
Patches Events
1d 4h
The PondCast
1d 22h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.