• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:44
CEST 20:44
KST 03:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9727 users

[Interview] Korean Air OSL S2 Semi-Final A Winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-01 21:51:18
September 01 2010 18:41 GMT
#1
... and the winner is

THE DONG

[image loading]
Jaedong
"It will be a very crucial finals in my pro-gaming career"


'Tyrant' Jaedong (Hwaseung Oz) won the ticket to Shanghai.

In the Korean Air OSL Season2 Semi-Final A, Jaedong defeated Stork (Samsung Khan) with the set score of 3:2 and succeeded in reaching the finals. This is his first OSL final since winning the Bacchus OSL in 2009, 3 seasons ago.

Q&A:

Q: After one year, you've finally made it back to the OSL finals.

- Even though I'm very happy, it still feels a little strange. Since I'm in the finals now, I'm even hungrier for the title, so I've decided to cancel vacation time in order to practice. Honestly, I'd rather play the finals today and get it over with so that I can have a rest [T_T]. I haven't been playing well at all in recent finals, so I really want to win this OSL.

Q: How was life after the MSL finals loss?

- I wanted to forget about it and return to normal life but I was filled with so much regret. I remembered the fans and their expectations too. Also, I had to prepare for today's semi-finals match. It was hard to focus in practice. Moreover, my opponent today was Stork, the man who gave me the most ZvP losses. I'm glad that I won at the end.

Q: Your gameplay wasn't the best today [t/n: literally your competitive edge wasn't that good]

- I also think that this series didn't seem like it was played by me. I won the first match due to luck, then I lost the second and third matches, so I thought today might end up a failure. Usually during a match, I would never have any pessimistic thoughts like these, but today I just had that kind of feeling. But I thought of pleasing my fans, and I really wanted them to see me winning a title. To be honest, I did not play to my full ability today, that's why I wasn't that happy even though I had won.

+ Show Spoiler [Fomos: different Q, similar A] +
Q: Was there not enough time to practice?

- Even from my point of view, I wasn't on my game today. It wasn't my play, and I felt that several times during the matches. To be honest, I got really lucky the first game. Losing the second and third game made me feel that perhaps I will lose the series altogether, but then I thought of the fans. I was then able to focus better in games 4 and 5, envisioning myself winning at the finals and grasping perhaps the last opportunity for the OSL title. Still, it feels strange inside because I don't think I prepared as well as I should have.

Q: Do you want another "LeeSsangRok" for the OSL finals?

- Of course! I want Flash to reach the finals. Really, I am hoping for that to happen. I learned a lot from the recent MSL finals loss, and I also took the time to re-evaluate myself. The score of 2:3 may indicate a narrow loss, but I thought that I was definitely behind in many areas of the game. I must use this opportunity to become stronger and bring my momentum back up by winning at the OSL finals. It will be a very crucial finals in my pro-gaming career.

Q: Perhaps you're feeling insecure? [T/N: most likely referring to the fact that Flash seems to be dominating the rivalry and solidifying his position as #1 SCBW player in esports]

- I understand that I could be falling out [of the race for #1 spot]. [For me] losing to the same player in three straight finals is unacceptable. That's why I really want Flash to make it to the finals. I will play as if my life depended on it and win in the finals.

Q: Nobody has 4 OSL titles yet.

- I'm aware that If I win, I will be the first to do so. Sure that sounds great and it makes me want the title even more, but that has no meaning to me right now. I just want to pull up my momentum and pace.

Q: Compared to MSL, OSL maps are said to be slightly better for the zerg in ZvT.

- Maps don't matter too much. I don't have too many concerns or comments regarding the map pool. The maps weren't bad for both leagues anyway. I don't want to criticize or blame the maps.

Q: The finals will be in Shanghai

- Since the finals is overseas, I think many fans that live there will come. I'm worried that it'll feel more like a vacation than a finals match. Self-control will be necessary to prevent myself from getting too loose. Otherwise, there aren't any major concerns.

Q: Last words

- Many fans reached out to me after the MSL Finals last week. I may have lost [in the MSL Finals], but my passion and desire for winning are both as strong as ever. I will prove this to you next week in Shanghai, and to do that I will practice and prepare to the best of my ability. Thanks [to the fans] for all your concern and support.

Credits (along with apologies and thanks) to Kyuukyuu who completed first half of the interview before the nasty OpticalShot decided to translate too! xD
*Note: Some parts didn't overlap so I just included both.

Sources:
Fomos
Wfbrood

**Note: Few clarity-based edits made.
[TLMS] REBOOT
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
September 01 2010 18:42 GMT
#2
I'm already half done T_T
Tien
Profile Joined January 2003
Russian Federation4447 Posts
September 01 2010 18:45 GMT
#3
Thanks guys.
We decide our own destiny
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
September 01 2010 18:46 GMT
#4
On September 02 2010 03:42 Kyuukyuu wrote:
I'm already half done T_T

What!! =(
Want to post your work here so I can just credit you for it instead of having 2 threads then?
[TLMS] REBOOT
GhoSt[shield]
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2131 Posts
September 01 2010 18:47 GMT
#5
Damn Jaedong shows his Bo5 death glare and takes out Stork. 2nd game by Stork was sweet with the attack on Jaedong's 3rd gas.
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-01 18:50:47
September 01 2010 18:49 GMT
#6
You can do the rest because you are the OP! heheh

Unfortunately I accidentally F5'd the wrong tab so it erased like an entire paragraph worth D: D:

+ Show Spoiler +
- After one year, you've finally made it back to the OSL finals.

Even though I'm very happy, it still feels a little strange. Since I'm in the finals now, I'm even hungrier for the title, so I've decided to cancel vacation time in order to practice. Honestly, I'd rather play the finals today and get it over with so that I can have a rest [T_T]. I haven't been playing well at all in recent finals, so I really want to win this OSL.

- Your gameplay wasn't the best today [t/n: literally your competitive edge wasn't that good]

I also think that this series didn't seem like it was played by me. I won the first match due to luck, then I lost the second and third matches, so I thought today might end up a failure. Usually during a match, I would never have any pessimistic thoughts like these, but today I just had that kind of feeling. But I thought of pleasing my fans, and I really wanted them to see me winning a title. To be honest, I did not play to my full ability today, that's why I wasn't that happy even though I had won.
Lebesgue
Profile Joined October 2008
4542 Posts
September 01 2010 18:56 GMT
#7
Thanks for the interview. Jaedong didn't play in an inspiring fashion today but in the end he advanced and that's what matters... I'm still sad for Stork though. So close...
virpi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany3599 Posts
September 01 2010 19:06 GMT
#8
thx for the interview!
first we make expand, then we defense it.
dybydx
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Canada1764 Posts
September 01 2010 19:12 GMT
#9
n0000000ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo soooooo cloooooooooooooooooooooosssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

poor stork.
...from the land of imba
infinity2k9
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom2397 Posts
September 01 2010 19:19 GMT
#10
Jaedong refuses to comment on map balance haha
pieisamazing
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1234 Posts
September 01 2010 19:24 GMT
#11
Jaedong's unwavering fortitude and determination is very admirable.
connoisseur
RHoudini
Profile Joined October 2009
Belgium3628 Posts
September 01 2010 19:25 GMT
#12
Best thing JD could do is get some rest instead of practicing, he looked really exhausted during the semifinal today.
Lee Jae Dong fighting!
SubtleArt
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
2710 Posts
September 01 2010 19:26 GMT
#13
Jaedong seems exhausted, probably burning out at this point. It definitely wasn't him playing at his best, especially game 2. not scouting a speed zealot timing, skimping so much on defense, losing a drone to a probe, and being indecisive with 2 control groups of lings that then didn't participate in the deciding engagement.... He should probably take it chill for 2 or 3 days. Also:

Q: Compared to MSL, OSL maps are said to be slightly better for the zerg in ZvT.

- Maps don't matter too much. I don't have too many concerns or comments regarding the map pool. The maps weren't bad for both leagues anyway. I don't want to criticize or blame the maps.


No imbalance complaints from Jaedong, ever lol :D. Take lessons idra
Morrow on ZvP: "I'm not very confident in general vs Protoss because of the imbalance (Yes its imbalanced, get over it)."
LRM)TechnicS
Profile Joined May 2008
Bulgaria1565 Posts
September 01 2010 19:27 GMT
#14
Thank you for translations!!!
Enjoy the game
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
September 01 2010 19:42 GMT
#15
eeeeeeeeeeeejedonggggggggggg
Thanks thanks~
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Mumei
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States270 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-01 19:45:06
September 01 2010 19:44 GMT
#16
"Since the finals is overseas, I think many fans that live there will come. I'm worried that it'll feel more like a vacation than a finals match. Self-control will be necessary to prevent myself from getting too loose. Otherwise, there aren't any major concerns."

... You know, I think that feeling more relaxed is something that'd be good for him.
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
September 01 2010 19:48 GMT
#17
On September 02 2010 04:44 Mumei wrote:
"Since the finals is overseas, I think many fans that live there will come. I'm worried that it'll feel more like a vacation than a finals match. Self-control will be necessary to prevent myself from getting too loose. Otherwise, there aren't any major concerns."

... You know, I think that feeling more relaxed is something that'd be good for him.

I was thinking the same thing. All the death-stare and "hate losing" attitude makes him the tyrant he is, sure, but sometimes I think he's too intense in the mind for his own good. Oh well, he's just doing what's best for his job and it's hard to hold up a dispute against Jaedong's decorated career, so meh.
[TLMS] REBOOT
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
September 01 2010 19:49 GMT
#18
On September 02 2010 03:41 OpticalShot wrote:
Q: Compared to MSL, OSL maps are said to be slightly better for the zerg in ZvT.

- Maps don't matter too much. I don't have too many concerns or comments regarding the map pool. The maps weren't bad for both leagues anyway. I don't want to criticize or blame the maps.

Fuck yeah, the Dong is so manly. Sometimes his fanboys makes me dislike him due to their annoying constant whining about Terran/map imba, but he himself is such a baller that I just have to love him. Go JD!
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
KristianJS
Profile Joined October 2009
2107 Posts
September 01 2010 20:01 GMT
#19
JD is a great guy and I hope he stays strong, but I hope Flash wins this OSL regardless of what it may do to JD =/
You need to be 100% behind someone before you can stab them in the back
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
September 01 2010 20:13 GMT
#20
Jaedong means real business
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason220
BRAT_OK 73
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14617
BeSt 367
Mini 233
Dewaltoss 149
Mind 90
Zeus 50
hero 44
Hyun 41
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 25
[ Show more ]
NaDa 20
PianO 19
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
qojqva3025
420jenkins450
Counter-Strike
fl0m4181
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5698
Khaldor1320
Liquid`Hasu1077
MindelVK15
Other Games
summit1g2031
FrodaN1932
B2W.Neo767
byalli402
Hui .244
QueenE77
Railgan60
Mew2King35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1168
BasetradeTV217
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
StarCraft 2
angryscii 27
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 35
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 22
• FirePhoenix6
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3927
Other Games
• imaqtpie800
• Shiphtur274
• WagamamaTV260
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
16m
BSL Open Qualifier
16m
Replay Cast
4h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 16m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
16h 16m
Monday Night Weeklies
21h 16m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 16h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.