• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:07
CEST 23:07
KST 06:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7080 users

[CBW] Miss CSL? Play CBW ! - Page 5

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
SauterSC
Profile Joined May 2010
United States6 Posts
August 27 2010 02:42 GMT
#81
I love this idea, OP, but I'm going to have to wait a year, like supernovamaniac.
Severedevil
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4839 Posts
August 27 2010 03:10 GMT
#82
On August 27 2010 07:39 Muirhead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2010 11:59 mmp wrote:
On August 26 2010 11:08 [AhunGrY]MelOn wrote:
On August 24 2010 04:30 ]343[ wrote:
anyone wanna organize an MIT team? being D/D- doesn't really lend itself to being in charge


MIT
[ahungry]melon
[ahungry]melon
2-3?

Do I know you guys? Send me a pm, let's play some time.

I think most of our CSL team has migrated to SC2, but I'd be happy to play/coordinate/coach once I know I'll be on campus (it's complicated). Fibster might play if I bug him, not sure how addicted to SC2 he's become. And Severedevil is a merc, I think.


Man why am I completely out of the picture?
Also what's up with severedevil? Did he graduate or not?

I'm still in school, I haven't graduated. But I definitely cannot take CBW as seriously as CSL, or I won't graduate >.>

I can play though.
My strategy is to fork people.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
August 27 2010 04:39 GMT
#83
On August 27 2010 07:39 Muirhead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2010 11:59 mmp wrote:
On August 26 2010 11:08 [AhunGrY]MelOn wrote:
On August 24 2010 04:30 ]343[ wrote:
anyone wanna organize an MIT team? being D/D- doesn't really lend itself to being in charge


MIT
[ahungry]melon
[ahungry]melon
2-3?

Do I know you guys? Send me a pm, let's play some time.

I think most of our CSL team has migrated to SC2, but I'd be happy to play/coordinate/coach once I know I'll be on campus (it's complicated). Fibster might play if I bug him, not sure how addicted to SC2 he's become. And Severedevil is a merc, I think.


Man why am I completely out of the picture?
Also what's up with severedevil? Did he graduate or not?


hello sir you should hurry up and get here since i haven't seen you in like

a long time

plus you would be the last one out of the picture, obviously
Writer
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-27 05:58:13
August 27 2010 05:58 GMT
#84
Some polls! Please do not vote if you know you are not going to be participating in this.

Should alumni be allowed to play for their alma mater?
Poll: Allow alumni?

Yes (10)
 
83%

No (2)
 
17%

12 total votes

Your vote: Allow alumni?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No



Should incoming students be allowed to play if they know they will be attending a specific college/university?
Poll: Allow incoming students?

Yes, if they know they will be attending a specific school next year (6)
 
55%

Not at all (3)
 
27%

Yes, if they know they will be attending a specific school next semester (2)
 
18%

11 total votes

Your vote: Allow incoming students?

(Vote): Yes, if they know they will be attending a specific school next year
(Vote): Yes, if they know they will be attending a specific school next semester
(Vote): Not at all



How should we deal with the small teams?
Poll: Handle small teams by...

Somehow merging them into larger teams (8)
 
80%

Splitting into separate divisions based on team size (2)
 
20%

Other (please explain) (0)
 
0%

10 total votes

Your vote: Handle small teams by...

(Vote): Somehow merging them into larger teams
(Vote): Splitting into separate divisions based on team size
(Vote): Other (please explain)

brood war for life, brood war forever
supernovamaniac
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States3048 Posts
August 27 2010 09:37 GMT
#85
Should incoming students be allowed to play if they know they will be attending a specific college/university?


This is only possible if a person is determined to join the college that they want to. Without it, players can join only around spring when they know which college that they were accepted into.
ppp
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
August 27 2010 09:48 GMT
#86
On August 27 2010 18:37 supernovamaniac wrote:
Show nested quote +
Should incoming students be allowed to play if they know they will be attending a specific college/university?


This is only possible if a person is determined to join the college that they want to. Without it, players can join only around spring when they know which college that they were accepted into.

obviously people should only do it if they know FOR SURE that they are going to that college
brood war for life, brood war forever
thrslimde
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany57 Posts
August 27 2010 10:56 GMT
#87
---------------------------------------
University of Tuebingen
thrslimde
theslimde
2
----------------------------------------
Gogo Tuebingen!
Funnytoss
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Taiwan1471 Posts
August 27 2010 15:20 GMT
#88
I like this alumni idea
AIV_Funnytoss and sGs.Funnytoss on iCCup
mIniAtURe
Profile Joined December 2009
United States32 Posts
August 27 2010 22:23 GMT
#89
If there isn't enough people, then you should probably go with the alumni idea.
However, if we can help it, we should preserve the idea of a collegiate broodwar league, and keep it as students only.
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9829 Posts
August 27 2010 22:33 GMT
#90
for the alumni thing, we could always restrict the number of alumni per college to (5 - actual college students) or something similar.
boomer hands
Chewii101
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada23 Posts
August 28 2010 06:05 GMT
#91
In Canada they're universities..? I hope that counts

University of Toronto (UofT)

Chewii101
SKT1 Fighting!
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
August 28 2010 07:02 GMT
#92
On August 28 2010 15:05 Chewii101 wrote:
In Canada they're universities..? I hope that counts

University of Toronto (UofT)

Chewii101

Is Chewii101 your iccup sn as well?
brood war for life, brood war forever
MuffinDude
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3837 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-28 11:25:59
August 28 2010 10:03 GMT
#93
Is anyone from Cal here. I'm terrible but I am very interested in this.

I personally think that allowing students to play for a school that they haven't gotten into is bad. Next semester is pushing it, but next year is a no. I mean its not even application season yet and people are deciding which school to go to? What if they get rejected from their top choice? I know I got rejected from my top choice schools. I think alumni will be enough.
Zerg can be so abusive sometimes | third member of the "loli is not a crime club" PM konadora to join!
Gregsen
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Germany667 Posts
August 28 2010 10:43 GMT
#94
awesome.
Boycott Activision whenever, wherever you can.
Murderotica
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Vatican City State2594 Posts
August 28 2010 14:42 GMT
#95
On August 28 2010 07:23 mIniAtURe wrote:
If there isn't enough people, then you should probably go with the alumni idea.
However, if we can help it, we should preserve the idea of a collegiate broodwar league, and keep it as students only.

Disagree.
ǝsnoɥ ssɐlƃ ɐ uı sǝuoʇs ʍoɹɥʇ ʇ,uop || sıʇɹoɟ ɹǝdɯǝs
Shotcoder
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2316 Posts
August 28 2010 14:53 GMT
#96
Anyone from Kent State willing to form a team? I know I've played a few on ICCup but don't know any in person.
Shotcoder - C+ BW Terran, Gold LoL(ADC Main)
e_i_pi_1_0
Profile Joined September 2009
933 Posts
August 30 2010 04:54 GMT
#97
Anybody from UMich want to form a team? I need something to do during the school year besides studying all day.
Jaedong and Hwaseung Oz fan.
Funnytoss
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Taiwan1471 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-30 07:30:55
August 30 2010 07:20 GMT
#98
On August 30 2010 13:54 e_i_pi_1_0 wrote:
Anybody from UMich want to form a team? I need something to do during the school year besides studying all day.


From TL alone it seems like phyren, saluber, and DeathByMonkeys would be up for it, and probably nubster as well. Then there's Hosunge (don't think he has TL account) who as far as I know still hasn't switched to BW. Maybe joohyunee too.

I'm fairly certain both allowicious and AcrossFiveJulys have switched completely to SC2, but hey, if it's still just one match a week (or every two) maybe they'd be interested too.

Yeah, there are quite a few TL people that go to Michigan currently
AIV_Funnytoss and sGs.Funnytoss on iCCup
e_i_pi_1_0
Profile Joined September 2009
933 Posts
August 30 2010 12:37 GMT
#99
On August 30 2010 16:20 Funnytoss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2010 13:54 e_i_pi_1_0 wrote:
Anybody from UMich want to form a team? I need something to do during the school year besides studying all day.


From TL alone it seems like phyren, saluber, and DeathByMonkeys would be up for it, and probably nubster as well. Then there's Hosunge (don't think he has TL account) who as far as I know still hasn't switched to BW. Maybe joohyunee too.

I'm fairly certain both allowicious and AcrossFiveJulys have switched completely to SC2, but hey, if it's still just one match a week (or every two) maybe they'd be interested too.

Yeah, there are quite a few TL people that go to Michigan currently


I'm new at UMich, so I may need to search around to figure out who's who there first.
Jaedong and Hwaseung Oz fan.
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-06 22:00:25
September 06 2010 21:59 GMT
#100
Posting to remind people that the deadline for this is in about a week!

Also looks like we will be allowing alumni and incoming students and merging small teams (based on the will of about 10 people >__> ).

edit: currently 14 teams are signed up but that number is going to shrink when the small teams get put together
brood war for life, brood war forever
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 147
ZombieGrub64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14782
Calm 1716
scan(afreeca) 24
Bale 14
Dota 2
febbydoto30
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King56
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4478
Liquid`Hasu628
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1973
shahzam610
WinterStarcraft348
RotterdaM338
C9.Mang0283
ToD239
JuggernautJason49
Dewaltoss47
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1085
Other Games
• imaqtpie1071
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 54m
INu's Battles
13h 54m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
15h 54m
OSC
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 1h
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.