• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:20
CEST 06:20
KST 13:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8947 users

[Interview] OSL RO16 Day 5 winners Group C,D

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-11 14:36:39
August 11 2010 14:07 GMT
#1
Jaedong: I'm expecting a lot of things from Sea.
[image loading]


- How does it feel to get two wins in a row after your loss in the round of sixteen?
▲ First, because I'm closer to the round of 16, I'm a lot more calm now than when I first lost. But because there's still the possibility of a rematch, I hope Sea pulls through and wins.

- You won the game almost perfectly today.
▲ While that overlapped a lot with my opponent's mistake, but I also didn't make any special mistakes. I think that's why I was able to play a satisfying game today.

- Next match, if Sea beats Hydra, you reach the round of 8, but if he loses, it's a rematch.
▲ Because Sea is very good... I think everyone would want to avoid a rematch with him. I think I'd feel cheated if I won two games and then got eliminated from the rematches. I think because Sea wouldn't want to do rematches, I hope he definitely wins.

- This Saturday, you'll be able to play a revenge match against Sea continuing from the OSL and the MSL
▲ First, I hope Sea concentrates on Starleague so we don't have a rematch situation, and I hope we make it to the round of 8 together. It'd be a fantastic scenario if I won Saturday in addition to that. I'm expecting a lot of things from Sea (laugh).

- You won't be able to help Sea practice because of your match against him on the MSL
▲ I believe in him because he has good fundamental skills even if I don't help him practice.

- You'll be playing against HiyA on the round of 16 in the WCG
▲ It'll be the first time playing him on a broadcasting match. I became a progamer with him, and we've been living together for the longest. While the game we're playing isn't official, but I honestly believe that it's a very meaningful match. So I think we'll both feel very weird. Because I don't have much experience with team kills, I think it'll be a fun duel.

- HiyA said in an interview that he's only behind by a paperthin margin.
▲ I think that's correct. It's true that between progamers, the differences between our skills is paper thin. Let's just leave it at that (laugh).

- Anything else you want to say?
▲ I was really ambitious towards this Starleague, and I was really worried after starting with one lost at the beginning. I've been able to conclude the round of 16 with a record of 2 wins and one loss and so I hope I'll be able to make it to the round of 8 without rematches. And because I have a lot of time right now, I'll also prepare for MSL really diligently. And I'll reward my fans with amazing matches in the MSL

http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=109764&db=interview&cate=&page=1&field=&kwrd=



Free: I rather win every game in the Starleague more than win the lottery
[image loading]


- How does it feel to be win all seven Starleague matches by winning three straight games in the round of 16?
▲ First when I was talking with Stork, we both offered each other 1st place. Because there's a lot of Zergs at second place and there was a high possibility that Zero would take 2nd place, I thought it'd be better to take 2nd place rather than 1st place. For some strange reason the strong Zerg players have a higher chance of coming in second place (laugh). Stork told me "Your all-win streak will end one day, why are you caring about it so much", and I think that's correct but when I came to play today, I wanted to keep my 100% win rate strangely (laugh).

- You must have not felt burdened during Practice because you're already certain to make it to the round of 8
▲ I thought Stork would have practiced his Protoss matchup a lot because he faces Pure tomorrow in the WCG but he said he didn't practice (laugh). But I didn't practice that much either, and because Polaris Rhapsody is also a proleague map and there were a lot of matches, it wasn't that difficult to practice. The game was really tense so I felt bad that I wasn't able to show a good match.

- Is there a reason you used Maelstorm at the end?
▲ At the moment I had won, I thought I had to show something. I was originally going to mind control my opponent's shuttle but Stork didn't have enough power to produce one (laugh). So at the end after I cast Maelstorm, I was going to cast Feedback on the opposing High Templars, but I forgot to do that and I just got rained on by Psionic Storms (laugh). I felt embarrassed because after casting that Maelstorm stylishly, all that happened was I got showered by Psionic Storms.

- Your record against Stork is 2 wins and 7 losses including informal matches, and 2 wins 4 losses in the official matches, so you were quite behind.
▲ I didn't know about the informal matches. I only thought about the official 2 wins 4 losses and that if I lose today, it'd be 2 wins 5 losses. I don't want to lose against players I have a losing record against. At the very least, I want to catch up to them and tie the record or even get ahead of them.

- Is there anyone or any race you want to play against in the round of 8?
▲ Honestly if I went on as second place, I wanted to play against Flash. But now that I've been confirmed to be 1st place, I just want to avoid Jaedong. While the two players have different races, they have equal skill level if they played the same race. But because of the advantage Protoss has against Terran, I want to play against Flash and avoid Jaedong. While since they're both very good, I'd like to avoid them, but while I'm at it I'd like to face them early. While it'd be nice if I could avoid a team kill, but if that happens, then there one person who would have played disappears (laugh). [T/N: I don't really get it either]

- What's the probability that you will win the Starleague undefeated?
▲ Shouldn't it be higher than winning the first place at the lottery? (laugh) If I'm given the opportunity, then I definitely want to do it. If I had to choose between getting 1st place at the Lottery and win a Starleague undefeated, then I'll choose to win the Starleague undefeated. While it'd be nice to win the Lottery, it doesn't end well, judging by seeing other people's examples. I want to win the Starleague because I'll be able to reap a result as much as I have worked. Rather than just hoping to win 1st place in the lottery through luck, I want to do something I'm able to do.

- Zero, in an interview before, said that he hoped Stork would show his absolute self.
▲ Since I showed Stork absolutely losing, shouldn't Zero now be satisfied? (laugh) Because Zero is ahead due to the Zerg race advantage, he shouldn't feel burdened even if he plays against me. If I face him in the round of 8, it's not going to just turn into a normal revenge match. If we get to play each other in the round of 8, it'd be nice to play a game with a punishment for the loser. But honestly I rather play Jaedong than Zero (laugh).

- Any last words?
▲ There's less than 100 days until Sooneong [T/N: Big Highschool exam in Korea, decides where you can go to college]. While I won't be taking the Sooneong, it's an exam where the students pour in every thing they've learned for the few years, I hope everyone will be able to control their condition well and take the exam well.

Source: http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/view.daily?idx=31341
Source: http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=109769&db=interview&cate=&page=1&field=&kwrd=
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
August 11 2010 14:08 GMT
#2
Thanks milkis
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
SubtleArt
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
2710 Posts
August 11 2010 14:10 GMT
#3
WOw, jaedong seems almost scared to play sea :S. I dont blame him, his last loss was basically just "wtf does zerg do against this strat" rather than "he outplayed me"
Morrow on ZvP: "I'm not very confident in general vs Protoss because of the imbalance (Yes its imbalanced, get over it)."
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
August 11 2010 14:15 GMT
#4
Jaedong is gonna beat Sea in their MSL series, fighting!
brood war for life, brood war forever
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
August 11 2010 14:17 GMT
#5
Sea is gonna turtle like hell, 99% sure. :o)

Thanks for the interview!
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
August 11 2010 14:18 GMT
#6
Thanks Milkis but you got me f5ing like a nutter.
MagicMirror
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States32 Posts
August 11 2010 14:19 GMT
#7
Nah, he's not scared to play Sea, but rather I think Jaedong can't wait to play Sea in a higher ranking round. He feels challenged by him.
People see me and only see a reflection of themselves.
koreasilver
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
9109 Posts
August 11 2010 14:20 GMT
#8
On August 11 2010 23:10 SubtleArt wrote:
WOw, jaedong seems almost scared to play sea :S. I dont blame him, his last loss was basically just "wtf does zerg do against this strat" rather than "he outplayed me"

Sea and Jaedong have had some really good games with each other, and Sea is definitely capable of outplaying Jaedong in a head-to-head slugfest.

Their game on Andromeda was unbelievable.
SubtleArt
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
2710 Posts
August 11 2010 14:22 GMT
#9
On August 11 2010 23:20 koreasilver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2010 23:10 SubtleArt wrote:
WOw, jaedong seems almost scared to play sea :S. I dont blame him, his last loss was basically just "wtf does zerg do against this strat" rather than "he outplayed me"

Sea and Jaedong have had some really good games with each other, and Sea is definitely capable of outplaying Jaedong in a head-to-head slugfest.

Their game on Andromeda was unbelievable.


I'm just saying that jaedong played better in their last game on polaris rapsody
Morrow on ZvP: "I'm not very confident in general vs Protoss because of the imbalance (Yes its imbalanced, get over it)."
koreasilver
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
9109 Posts
August 11 2010 14:27 GMT
#10
That is highly arguable. And anyone could be apprehensive of playing against Sea in his good days.
prosatan
Profile Joined September 2009
Romania9385 Posts
August 11 2010 14:33 GMT
#11
Thx Milkis!
I'm hope that JD will beat both Hiya and Sea
Lee JaeDong Fighting! The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
August 11 2010 14:36 GMT
#12
Free is up
Lysteria
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
France2280 Posts
August 11 2010 14:38 GMT
#13
Jaedong doesn't fear Sea, they have a lot of respect for each other and they train one against other quite often - if I recall correctly !
Too_MuchZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Finland2818 Posts
August 11 2010 14:42 GMT
#14
Hehe Jaedong says it: WCG isn't official. So maybe TLPD should mark STX cup games too or make WCG games as non-elo games too.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
August 11 2010 14:43 GMT
#15
This is sers business. Is anyone on the Khan house practicing? LOL
zenMaster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada761 Posts
August 11 2010 14:46 GMT
#16
.

- You'll be playing against HiyA on the round of 16 in the WCG
▲ It'll be the first time playing him on a broadcasting match. I became a progamer with him, and we've been living together for the longest. While the game we're playing isn't official, but I honestly believe that it's a very meaningful match. So I think we'll both feel very weird. Because I don't have much experience with team kills, I think it'll be a fun duel.

it's time to D-D-D-D-D-D-Duel!!!!!
Pyrthas
Profile Joined March 2007
United States3196 Posts
August 11 2010 14:54 GMT
#17
On August 11 2010 23:42 Too_MuchZerg wrote:
Hehe Jaedong says it: WCG isn't official.

In the same way that GOM was unofficial, as far as I know. It's just a kespa thing.
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
August 11 2010 14:55 GMT
#18
free vs Zero match would be sweet. If free wins, he doesn't have to replace Zero's headphones.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
August 11 2010 15:04 GMT
#19
On August 11 2010 23:46 zenMaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
.

- You'll be playing against HiyA on the round of 16 in the WCG
▲ It'll be the first time playing him on a broadcasting match. I became a progamer with him, and we've been living together for the longest. While the game we're playing isn't official, but I honestly believe that it's a very meaningful match. So I think we'll both feel very weird. Because I don't have much experience with team kills, I think it'll be a fun duel.

it's time to D-D-D-D-D-D-Duel!!!!!

LOLOL omg
Similar moment came up yesterday when I was playing monopoly (yes the newer ones with credit cards which is so awesome) and someone landed on Fenway (it's the second-most earning spot... if you have that version) so the owner pulled out his Fenway and said "you've activated my T-T-T-TRAP CARD!"
[TLMS] REBOOT
chongu
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Malaysia2606 Posts
August 11 2010 15:20 GMT
#20
- Anything else you want to say?
▲ I was really ambitious towards this Starleague, and I was really worried after starting with one lost at the beginning. I've been able to conclude the round of 16 with a record of 2 wins and one loss and so I hope I'll be able to make it to the round of 8 without rematches. And because I have a lot of time right now, I'll also prepare for MSL really diligently. And I'll reward my fans with amazing matches in the MSL


THIS SAT-SAT-SATURDAY!!!! wooohoooooo
SC2 is to BW, what coke is to wine.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 190
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1491
910 89
NotJumperer 74
Bale 35
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Noble 8
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm173
febbydoto16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox399
Mew2King91
Other Games
summit1g8037
Coldzera 734
JimRising 637
C9.Mang0332
WinterStarcraft331
PiGStarcraft280
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1013
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter149
• practicex 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota237
League of Legends
• Lourlo979
• Rush789
• Stunt179
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 40m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
6h 40m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
19h 40m
Patches Events
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.