• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:41
CEST 20:41
KST 03:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9915 users

[Interview] OSL Ro16 Day 3 Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-03 05:58:46
August 03 2010 05:35 GMT
#1
Winner of Free vs Fantasy Interview by Milkis

(Z)ZerO! - The opponent may have played too relaxed
I'd like to thank Flash for practicing with me
[image loading]


- You won after losing your first match.
▲ If I lost today, I'd practically be eliminated. I'm very glad I could win today.

- Were you affected by your WCG win?
▲ I was a tiny bit tired, but it helped me warm up faster.

- Everyone thinks that this map (Dreamliner) produces intense games.
▲ If the first wave of mutalisk harass doesn't do much, Terran has a great chance to win. Though today's match ended quickly, I don't think this map favors Zerg very much. (T)HiyA was too relaxed, and when Terran spawns at 6 they want to curse (laughs). It's way too hard to defend mutalisks at 6 o'clock, but if they are defended, Terran is in a good position.

- Did this win remove the sting of losing the first match?
▲ Though I lost the last match, it didn't make me depressed, but rather gave me greater motivation to win.

- Your next opponent is (Z)Hyuk.
▲ The last match is ZvZ. Recently my ZvZ results have been ok, so I am confident I can win. In the past, I've said I was confident but then lost the match, but this time it's real (laughs).

- What will happen if there are tiebreakers?
▲ After seeing (Z)EffOrt last season, maybe they're not so bad. But the chance of being eliminated is big, so I'd like to safely advance.

- Last words?
▲ Many fans are waiting for (T)HiyA's ceremonies, but I can't lose the match just to see his ceremonies. I hope that he can win in the future for the fans' entertainment. I'd like to thank (T)Flash and my teammates for helping me practice, even though our team is on break.

- (P)free is playing soon.
▲ Recently Free has had a lot of confidence in OSL. In this situation, it's good for him to lose a game, but even if he loses he shouldn't become dejected. Last time when I lost he laughed at me.

Source: http://sc.plu.cn/note/2010-08-02/20456.html

(T)Sea! - I'll cheese more in the future
I won pretty easily
[image loading]


- After two wins, you've practically advanced.
▲ Pure clearly analyzed my play a lot, but I was lucky today, and won easily. It's a little like I lucked out a win. 2fac was my prepared strategy, but I did some impromptu play, and I'm very happy I could win. I'm even happier than when I beat (Z)Jaedong.

- You usually like to take it to the late game, but today's change of strategy was very entertaining.
▲ Originally I would cheese only if I thought I would win. Mostly I played very safely, but in the future I should cheese more.

- You still have a match with (Z)Hydra.
▲ Though I'm not too familiar with his play, but I'm not too worried. There's plenty of time to practice, so I'll be fine as long as I prepare.

- Your MSL opponent is (Z)Jaedong.
▲ On a balanced map, T is favored in TvZ. Jaedong is very good at expanding (macro?), so this matchup will definitely be very exciting; playing him is my honor.

- We heard you're going to GwangAhnRi.
▲ I'm going for the All-Star match. Unfortunately, I'm the only one on my team going, so I'm lonely. Still, I want to see the fans in Pusan, so I'm very happy. I will have a good time talking with Stork. I also have the chance to watch KT vs SKT in the Proleague Finals; I eagerly await this match. Also, in the interview after the last match with SKT I said something a bit unclear, and coach Oov may have misunderstood me, so I'd like to clear that up.

- Last words?
▲ Barca has come to Korea, but because of MSL I might not be able to watch. Though I can watch it on TV, but I am definitely excited for it. And Messi, I'll visit him in Spain when I have time.

Source: http://sc.plu.cn/note/2010-08-02/20457.html

(T)Leta! - After my successful vulture harass, I knew I won
I'm happy to have 2 wins
[image loading]


- How do you feel about getting your second win?
▲ I didn't expect to get 2 wins in my group, so I'm very excited. I'm ready for my 3rd match with (Z)Action.

- Your vulture harass was effective.
▲ In practice I can often kill a worker, but I didn't think I could manage to do so much damage. After the harass, I was sure I won as long as I kept my wraiths alive.

- You appeared to be in very good condition today.
▲ My marine micro at the end wasn't good enough, perhaps because I relaxed too much after doing so well in the opening. If I microed that last wave of marines horribly, the game could've turned around.

- You still have a match with (Z)Action.
▲ The map is Dreamliner, so there might be some variables. I've been practicing a lot though, so being a progamer I should be able to exploit the map through sufficient practice. Recently Action has been playing very well, so I'm nervous, but I'm definitely no weak player so I'm confident I can win. Since he's a Zerg player. (T/N LOL)

- Many people say you love 2port wraith too much.
▲ 2port wraith transitions into M&M; I'm confident in my M&M micro, so that's not really an issue. 2port wraith is just a build that helps me win with my M&M transition. [T/N check this please lol]

- Your best result in the OSL has been making the Ro8.
▲ I am excited for this season. As long as I work hard towards my goal of the semifinals, I am confident I can advance even higher.

- Last words?
▲ I'd like to thank my teammates who helped me practice during their off time. I will continue to practice hard.

Source: http://sc.plu.cn/note/2010-08-02/20455.html

Writer
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
August 03 2010 05:37 GMT
#2
- Your MSL opponent is Jaedong.
▲ On a balanced map, T is favored in TvZ. Jaedong is very good at expanding (macro?), so this matchup will definitely be very exciting; playing him is my honor.


Wait what? Balance map=T>Z
So TvZ imba is true.
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-03 05:50:53
August 03 2010 05:38 GMT
#3
ty ty
Did this win remove the sting of losing the first match?
▲ Though I lost the last match, it gave me greater motivation [momentum?] than being depressed. [T/N huh...]

I'm not looking at the original Korean, but it would make sense if he said "I lost the last match, but rather than making me depressed, that gave me greater motivation".

Basa (T/N help? football player... agh) has come to Korea, but because of MSL I might not be able to watch. Though I can watch it on TV, but I am definitely excited for it. And Messi, I'll visit him in Spain when I have time.

I believe "Basa" is Barca, or FC Barcelona (a spanish football club which Messi plays for)
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
August 03 2010 05:52 GMT
#4
On August 03 2010 14:38 Antoine wrote:
ty ty
Show nested quote +
Did this win remove the sting of losing the first match?
▲ Though I lost the last match, it gave me greater motivation [momentum?] than being depressed. [T/N huh...]

I'm not looking at the original Korean, but it would make sense if he said "I lost the last match, but rather than making me depressed, that gave me greater motivation".

Show nested quote +
Basa (T/N help? football player... agh) has come to Korea, but because of MSL I might not be able to watch. Though I can watch it on TV, but I am definitely excited for it. And Messi, I'll visit him in Spain when I have time.

I believe "Basa" is Barca, or FC Barcelona (a spanish football club which Messi plays for)


ahhhhh yes. thank you!
Writer
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
August 03 2010 05:54 GMT
#5
大招 = cheese
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
August 03 2010 05:56 GMT
#6
On August 03 2010 14:54 zulu_nation8 wrote:
大招 = cheese


AHHHH ROFL thanks! I was like uhhhh???
Writer
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
August 03 2010 05:57 GMT
#7
Thanks for the interview!

Zero is so nice! Props to him for mentioning Hiya's ceremonies!
LeCoeur
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)9 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-03 06:27:20
August 03 2010 06:24 GMT
#8
Sea: And Messi, I'll visit him in Spain when I have time.

SEA OMFG LOL
SO BALLER YOU ARE MY HERO (T.T tears of love)
BW >>> SC2... until LeeSsangTaekBang says otherwise.
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
August 03 2010 06:37 GMT
#9
On August 03 2010 14:37 LunarDestiny wrote:
- Your MSL opponent is Jaedong.
▲ On a balanced map, T is favored in TvZ. Jaedong is very good at expanding (macro?), so this matchup will definitely be very exciting; playing him is my honor.


Wait what? Balance map=T>Z
So TvZ imba is true.


o.O

Sea telling it like it is.
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
August 03 2010 06:42 GMT
#10
Seems like progamers, terran and zerg alike, have reached the conclusion that on a balanced map T>Z
Good to hear it from them!
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
Yxes2211
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1587 Posts
August 03 2010 06:45 GMT
#11
Man... JD HAS to beat Hydra now to advance... Ima have a stroke during that game
Jaedong and Baby
ZavikZyke
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States382 Posts
August 03 2010 06:45 GMT
#12
Isn't it t>z>p>t? That's what people generally say so...
Hoejja is Bonjwa
dtnmang
Profile Joined April 2010
Vietnam752 Posts
August 03 2010 07:32 GMT
#13
Sea, to prepare for Jaedong you must practice more Team Melee.
KT Roflster - the lulziest team of Proleague.
Djabanete
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States2786 Posts
August 03 2010 07:33 GMT
#14
I thought the definition of a balanced map is one where the two races in question would be even?
May the BeSt man win.
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
August 03 2010 07:37 GMT
#15
Dude fuck yes leta making it out 2 wins against BISU AND EFFORT BOSS

LETA I STAND BEHIND YOU!!!!! he for sure has what it takes.
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
August 03 2010 07:52 GMT
#16
On August 03 2010 15:45 Yxes2211 wrote:
Man... JD HAS to beat Hydra now to advance... Ima have a stroke during that game

It won't be THAT exciting....
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
rainei
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada1316 Posts
August 03 2010 08:16 GMT
#17
On August 03 2010 16:52 Klive5ive wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2010 15:45 Yxes2211 wrote:
Man... JD HAS to beat Hydra now to advance... Ima have a stroke during that game

It won't be THAT exciting....


As someone with an emotional investment in the outcome of the game... yes I will have a stroke as well. I remember having a stroke the last time JD played Hydra in the MSL.

the ZvZ matchup doesn't help much either.
All aboard the HSY fanboat/train/ whatever form of transportation you desire!! Everyday is Sojin day
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
August 03 2010 08:21 GMT
#18
On August 03 2010 17:16 rainei wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2010 16:52 Klive5ive wrote:
On August 03 2010 15:45 Yxes2211 wrote:
Man... JD HAS to beat Hydra now to advance... Ima have a stroke during that game

It won't be THAT exciting....


As someone with an emotional investment in the outcome of the game... yes I will have a stroke as well. I remember having a stroke the last time JD played Hydra in the MSL.

the ZvZ matchup doesn't help much either.

Hydra is gonna do 4 pool and win the game :>
In the woods, there lurks..
Yxes2211
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1587 Posts
August 03 2010 09:00 GMT
#19
On August 03 2010 17:21 Iplaythings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2010 17:16 rainei wrote:
On August 03 2010 16:52 Klive5ive wrote:
On August 03 2010 15:45 Yxes2211 wrote:
Man... JD HAS to beat Hydra now to advance... Ima have a stroke during that game

It won't be THAT exciting....


As someone with an emotional investment in the outcome of the game... yes I will have a stroke as well. I remember having a stroke the last time JD played Hydra in the MSL.

the ZvZ matchup doesn't help much either.

Hydra is gonna do 4 pool and win the game :>


This is why im gonna have a stroke XD

ZvZ is just so... hard to call in a Bo1 XD Anything can happen
Jaedong and Baby
Invictus
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Singapore2697 Posts
August 03 2010 09:04 GMT
#20
Sea has a nice face LOL
Lee Jaedong Fighting!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15:00
#14
Clem vs Harstem
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason220
BRAT_OK 73
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14841
BeSt 367
Mini 216
Dewaltoss 155
Mind 89
hero 58
Zeus 43
Hyun 37
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 25
[ Show more ]
NaDa 19
PianO 19
Rock 16
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
qojqva3025
420jenkins450
Counter-Strike
fl0m4241
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5196
Khaldor1430
Liquid`Hasu1077
MindelVK17
Other Games
summit1g2031
FrodaN1932
B2W.Neo767
byalli402
Hui .244
QueenE74
Railgan60
Mew2King35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1168
BasetradeTV218
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream55
StarCraft 2
angryscii 27
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 35
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 22
• FirePhoenix6
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3927
Other Games
• imaqtpie800
• Shiphtur274
• WagamamaTV260
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
19m
BSL Open Qualifier
19m
Replay Cast
4h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 19m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
16h 19m
Monday Night Weeklies
21h 19m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 16h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.