• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:57
CEST 00:57
KST 07:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8965 users

[Interview] OSL Day 3 Free vs Fantasy winner

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-02 19:30:32
August 02 2010 19:18 GMT
#1
Free: "I wanted to get a GG in one shot, so I called in scouts"
[image loading]


- You're the first one to get two wins in the group of death.
▲ I made a few mistakes during the game, so I started feeling rather nervous. But luckily, I was able to find his hidden expansion. I won luckily. I feel great since I reached reached the milestone of two wins first.

- You shut down the "Vulture Professional" Fantasy's vulture harassment.
▲ When I was practicing, I upgraded Observer speed up and practiced against vulture harassment quite a bit. While I did receive damage from the harassment, I'm quite happy because it looks like I was able to stop Vultures as well as I did in practice. (T)MVP suggested I get Observer speed up, and I think I won because of that. I used to think it wasn't worth the money so I didn't upgrade it often, but after practicing, it was an investment I won't regret.

- The scout recall was extremely shocking.
▲ At first, I had no intention of doing anything like that but he went too far not typing in "GG". I'm sure Fantasy was quite frustrated that his expansion was discovered and his vulture harassment failed. I also accidentally did not get Zealot speed up, but I managed to get through anyway so I think he was a bit more stubborn because of that. It's not something I thought of beforehand, but I was thinking how I would get a GG in a situation where I already won in one shot, so I thought of scout recall.

- You are continuing your undefeated streak in the Starleague.
▲ I keep thinking about that more and more. Usually if you think about stuff like that, your game becomes more timid, so it's better you don't think about something like that, but I keep thinking fondly about my record. I think it's a pretty sweet looking record, and if I can make it into 10 win 0 losses, I think it'll look even better. I've been doing especially well in the Starleague and I think luck is on my side.

- Your remaining match is against Stork.
▲ While I'm close to Stork, he's also the player that has stopped me from advancing many times. I want to beat him in the respect that I want to be able to beat a player whom I lost to a lot to recover my confidence. I will prepare extremely hard just like I was preparing for the first match of the Starleague.

- In the interview before, Zero said that "Free is getting a bit too happy. He's going to lose soon".
▲ I didn't even win that much, so it's not a statement that sits right with me. And I'm always happy normally. And it looks like he told the earphone story. What happened was that I lost my earphones a MBCGame, and the Proleague ended so I didn't have an opportunity to go to MBCGame, so I borrowed Zero's earphone for the Starleague. But after the match ended, I forgot Zero's earphones and didn't grab it with me. I didn't know Zero would act so cool in front of everyone, saying that it was okay, and talk behind my back like this. And it looks like Zero also stole Soulkey's earphones. Soulkey was complaining about that in the practice room and playing. Anyway, since the earphone is one of the most important gear for a Progamer, I'm obviously going to buy him one. To be honest I ordered it a while back, but when I checked again, it was refunded.

- If you have a goal this Starleague, what is it?
▲ My goal is to win. I would need a lot of luck on my side, but I set my goal as winning the Starleague.

- Is there anything you want to say?
▲ Recently, all the Protoss were eliminated from the MSL. I was the last Protoss in the last MSL, and I felt really bad for the fans after losing to Flash 3:0. I hope all the Protoss does well in the Starleague, and amongst them, I hope to be the last Protoss standing.

Also, many of my fans looked at the groups and worried alot, so I wanted to show them myself getting out of the group alive, even if I don't get 3 wins. Now I'm quite satisfied, and since Stork is a close friend, he knows my style very well so I lost to him a lot. Recently, he [T/N: potentially "I"] said that we should get two wins each and have an entertaining match when we meet at the last match. Rather than having an intense fight, I want to meet him in a state where we both have two wins.

Source: http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=109444&db=interview&cate=&page=1&field=&kwrd=




The "Zero" line the interview referred to:
- Free's game will start soon
▲ Recenlty, Free-hyung has been winning in the Starleague and has been extremely happy. I think it's about time now that he'll lose, and I hope that he doesn't get too much of a shock and recover well just because he lost a game when he was doing well. Also, last week, he borrowed my earphones and said that he lost it. If he loses, I think it'll be divine punishment for that act. When I lost last time, he laughed and made fun of me.

http://www.fomos.kr/board/board.php?mode=read&keyno=109437&db=interview&cate=&page=1&field=&kwrd=
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
August 02 2010 19:23 GMT
#2
Scout recall? Gotta see this.
And Stork and Free...sheesh, why do tosses have to kill each other...
▲ ▲ ▲
QibingZero
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
2611 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-02 19:54:24
August 02 2010 19:25 GMT
#3
Ahahaha... free and Zero's back and forth is great stuff.

How does free forget two sets of earphones that quickly?! This is hilarious.


As for the game, free is so hilarious when he's being BM: stasis on SCVs, scout recall, niiice.
Oh, my eSports
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
August 02 2010 19:29 GMT
#4
Zero picking on free, lol.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
August 02 2010 19:30 GMT
#5
Free fighting!

free + zero so pretty + cute! lol
Jaedong :3
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
August 02 2010 19:37 GMT
#6
Thanks for the translation Milkis!!!
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
August 02 2010 19:38 GMT
#7
scout+recall? wat

and lol at the earphone
Realpenguin
Profile Joined December 2006
8253 Posts
August 02 2010 19:40 GMT
#8
Aww yeah free :3

Come on, get that OSL title! Who cares how many earphones you lose in the process, just do it!
<Wolfpox> i remember when MVP beat that one guy, and everyone was like 'whoa' except that penguin dude.
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
August 02 2010 19:48 GMT
#9
On August 03 2010 04:23 Taekwon wrote:
Scout recall? Gotta see this.

http://www.wfbrood.com/movie/OSL2010/movie_53143.html
It was only like 4 scouts or so, the game was over anyway, but I guess this gives the game another exciting factor.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
538
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Hungary3932 Posts
August 02 2010 20:41 GMT
#10
I cant tell if free and Zero really have some grudge against each other or not. Maybe its more apparent in the original text, are they just joking around?
BW fighting!
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
August 02 2010 20:53 GMT
#11
On August 03 2010 05:41 538 wrote:
I cant tell if free and Zero really have some grudge against each other or not. Maybe its more apparent in the original text, are they just joking around?


They most definitely love each other =)
Jaedong :3
HeadhunteR
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Argentina1258 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-02 21:16:09
August 02 2010 21:15 GMT
#12
free is insane... one of the most interesting toss in these days.. tnks for the interview translations
in The Kong line forever
Taku
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada2036 Posts
August 02 2010 21:32 GMT
#13
Free is one of the six dragons, he just doesn't have as big of an image but he can definitely put out some good play. Scouts though...lulz.
When SC2 came for BW, I cried. Now LoL/Dota2 comes for SC2, and I laugh. \o/
SubtleArt
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
2710 Posts
August 02 2010 21:41 GMT
#14
just curious, when do progamers usually get observer speed in PvT? As far as I know most say it's useless until mid-late game PvT but I always get it really quickly after observatory. Personally I can't live without observer speed at any point, especially cause goons move faster than an unupgraded observer, which makes mine clearing annoying.
Morrow on ZvP: "I'm not very confident in general vs Protoss because of the imbalance (Yes its imbalanced, get over it)."
Bobdowle
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States53 Posts
August 02 2010 22:05 GMT
#15
On August 03 2010 06:41 SubtleArt wrote:
just curious, when do progamers usually get observer speed in PvT? As far as I know most say it's useless until mid-late game PvT but I always get it really quickly after observatory. Personally I can't live without observer speed at any point, especially cause goons move faster than an unupgraded observer, which makes mine clearing annoying.

I'm assuming it depends on how fast the vultures and if the opponent is massing them or not when playing against Fantasy I would assume he get the upgrade asap and was able to shut down the mines and vulture harass.
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
August 02 2010 22:08 GMT
#16
Free's vulture harass denial was so hot <3
Sprouter
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1724 Posts
August 02 2010 22:28 GMT
#17
free is so gosu
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
August 02 2010 22:40 GMT
#18
ty for translating this
crossing my fingers that somebody translates the others, especially sea. i read leta interview on playsc via google translate (it's better at chinese than korean for some reason), and don't really care about zero ><
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
Moridin
Profile Joined December 2009
Bulgaria167 Posts
August 03 2010 00:18 GMT
#19
Antoine, can you please give me the link for the leta interview in playsc, I can't find it.
It's about time.
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-03 01:19:49
August 03 2010 01:18 GMT
#20
On August 03 2010 09:18 Moridin wrote:
Antoine, can you please give me the link for the leta interview in playsc, I can't find it.

http://www.playsc.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=207308&extra=page=1

and i did find the sea interview, http://www.playsc.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=207312&extra=page=1
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O155
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1074
ZZZero.O 155
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm122
League of Legends
Doublelift5296
JimRising 693
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6663
Other Games
summit1g8793
FrodaN3058
KnowMe204
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie955
• Shiphtur184
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3m
CranKy Ducklings10
Afreeca Starleague
11h 3m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
12h 3m
Monday Night Weeklies
17h 3m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 12h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.