From YGoSu, 1/12/10:
Pics of some n.Die members
Clan name - NeverDie
Date founded - January 2003
Server/Channel - West/Op n.die
Site - http://www.n-die.com
Nice to meet you. Please introduce yourself.
- Hi. I'm NeverDie Clan's master n.Die_yOng. My clan doesn't have a strict master lineage; it changed from time to time, but ever since it was founded I've been vicemaster and master and so on. I'm 27.
When was it founded?
- n.Die_Leader, n.Die_aTtaCk, n.Die_Baby, n.Die_Protoss, and I started in January 2003. The clan name doesn't have a special meaning. I just came up with it. People have misread it as "Naver Die," "Niver Die," etc.
People think of Jaedong when they think of n.Die clan.
- Since he was in middle school, we've been like brothers through our clan. But nowadays~ I understand that he's busy, but it's bit sad that he rarely keeps in touch. Jaedong, when your phone number is changed, text me!!! And when are you gonna take us out to eat!!! At least buy us a rice roll or smething, Jaedong.
Jaedong is aggressive even when it comes to noodle.
Jaedong is known for his huge practice amount. Was he like that back in the days?
- I remember that even as an amateur he consistently practiced 30 - 40 games daily. When a server like PGTOUR opened, he just said hi briefly and burrowed himself into practicing. As an amateur he won many tournaments and was famous.
We would rather just interview Jaedong if we keep talking just about him.. how about Jaehoon, another progamer from n.Die?
- Ah... I wasn't able to keep up with gaming news for a while, and I saw it a lot later - his Recall fail. When I saw it, I felt like falling down. On the other hand, it's good that he got a nickname and became an issue. He's usually good, but since he's like that on TV he might not have gotten used to TV. Fighting, Jaehoon! Don't get nervous.
We've heard that n.Die has many girl members.
- We have about 15 of them. It seems a bit few. Back in the days hotties were active, but all have burrowed; maybe they lost interest in StarCraft or turned to other games. Our vicemaster n.Die_TheCross is really interested in girls, so he actively recruit them. When he sees a girl on Battle.net, he friends her on Cyworld. If he then sees that she's pretty, he asks for a team play. I have nothing against n.Die_TheCross...
When you look at teens trying to be progamers, only few become successful ones. What do you think when you see teens giving up school and focusing on game?
- I apologize to the younger clan members for saying this, but I wanna stop those who challenge themselves after seeing only the glorious side. If you're not the top, it's hard to be successful. 1 ~ 2 years can be a long time, and I feel that when they're supposed to study, they waste their time trying to be progamers. Maybe unless they try really crazily. Why are there so many Courage Matches? The number of progaming teams accepting apprentices is limited.. Personally I think that needs to change. The participation fee is a problem too. And nowadays looks seem to matter too...
Some think that StarCraft's popularity is not what it used to be. How about n.Die?
- It's hard to interpret just from n.Die's situation. Of course it's not what it used to be. But even as the generation who was really into StarCraft leaves, the generation after that gets into it and enjoys, so it's good so far. My clan recently made a Crazyarcade clan.
- Clan promotion. We totally welcome girls! If you're good at PhotoShop and HTML, leave a message on our site. It's http://www.n-die.com.