• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:54
CEST 02:54
KST 09:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8081 users

Lee Jae Dong International Fan Cafe. - Page 8

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 All
Kibibit
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1551 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 22:53:47
December 06 2012 22:52 GMT
#141
On December 07 2012 06:12 Hesmyrr wrote:
Why would you be disappointed? He'd be stuck playing SC2 in T8 anyway. Good for him to take available opportunities.

This is my take on this and any other BW notable going to SC2 and inevitably going to foreign teams. Even if I don't really like the game much, I can't help but be happy to see those who gave me so many years of entertainment get their due, even in a game I barely watch.
R.I.P. 우정호 || Do probes dream of psionic sheep?
Greg_J
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
China4409 Posts
December 06 2012 23:01 GMT
#142
It's hard for any Jaedong fan to ever be excited by such news. But at least he's finding work. I'm sure he's got a bit of money tucked away but he's got to do something with the rest of his life.

Thank you Jaedong for all the excitement and wonderful games you provided the world with.
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
December 07 2012 00:03 GMT
#143
On December 07 2012 08:01 Greg_J wrote:
It's hard for any Jaedong fan to ever be excited by such news. But at least he's finding work. I'm sure he's got a bit of money tucked away but he's got to do something with the rest of his life.

Thank you Jaedong for all the excitement and wonderful games you provided the world with.


Yeah. I hope he wins some tournaments and gets a bunch of money. I won't be watching, but I wish him good luck in his life. I also hope that he finds a job that won't be too boring for him after he's done with pro gaming.
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-07 02:57:00
December 07 2012 02:56 GMT
#144
On December 07 2012 09:03 vOdToasT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2012 08:01 Greg_J wrote:
It's hard for any Jaedong fan to ever be excited by such news. But at least he's finding work. I'm sure he's got a bit of money tucked away but he's got to do something with the rest of his life.

Thank you Jaedong for all the excitement and wonderful games you provided the world with.


Yeah. I hope he wins some tournaments and gets a bunch of money. I won't be watching, but I wish him good luck in his life. I also hope that he finds a job that won't be too boring for him after he's done with pro gaming.


I think Jaedong is literally the only KeSPA player who actually likes SC2 (comparing it to an ugly girl with a nice personality, a metaphor I don't fully understand).

I'm not sure if that makes me like him more for being able to find happiness wherever he goes, or like him less for not sticking to his purity guns.

I like to imagine he spends his nights glaring at Dustin Browder with a disappointed expression. And Dustin's all like "We made Mutas faster in Heart of the Swarm and gave you flying defilers! Isn't that what you wanted?!" and Jaedong is all "No, Dustin. You have much to learn".

And then he and Nada start making out.
fuzzylogic44
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada2633 Posts
December 07 2012 04:34 GMT
#145
On December 07 2012 11:56 Ribbon wrote:


I think Jaedong is literally the only KeSPA player who actually likes SC2 (comparing it to an ugly girl with a nice personality, a metaphor I don't fully understand).



I think they have all publicly either praised the game or said something to the effect of "it's not my first love but it's good in it's own way", who knows which of them are sincere and which are just saying it for PR..
Glioburd
Profile Joined April 2008
France1911 Posts
December 07 2012 08:39 GMT
#146
On December 07 2012 13:34 fuzzylogic44 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2012 11:56 Ribbon wrote:


I think Jaedong is literally the only KeSPA player who actually likes SC2 (comparing it to an ugly girl with a nice personality, a metaphor I don't fully understand).



I think they have all publicly either praised the game or said something to the effect of "it's not my first love but it's good in it's own way", who knows which of them are sincere and which are just saying it for PR..

I agree with fuzzylogic44, for exemple Sea said in his first interview on TL that he found SC2 more fun than BW.
Then he said "sc2 bad" while streaming some BW for fun. It's difficult to say if JD really likes SC2. Personnaly I wonder how an ex BW pro can prefer a game which is mechanically easier and less fun. It does not make sense
"You should hate loosing, but you should never fear defeat." NaDa.
winthrop
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Hong Kong956 Posts
December 07 2012 08:56 GMT
#147
funny it took long for jd to have his oversea debut.
gogo JD
Incredible Miracle
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
December 07 2012 12:34 GMT
#148
On December 07 2012 17:39 Glioburd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2012 13:34 fuzzylogic44 wrote:
On December 07 2012 11:56 Ribbon wrote:


I think Jaedong is literally the only KeSPA player who actually likes SC2 (comparing it to an ugly girl with a nice personality, a metaphor I don't fully understand).



I think they have all publicly either praised the game or said something to the effect of "it's not my first love but it's good in it's own way", who knows which of them are sincere and which are just saying it for PR..

I agree with fuzzylogic44, for exemple Sea said in his first interview on TL that he found SC2 more fun than BW.
Then he said "sc2 bad" while streaming some BW for fun. It's difficult to say if JD really likes SC2. Personnaly I wonder how an ex BW pro can prefer a game which is mechanically easier and less fun. It does not make sense


No pro will ever say the game is bad, it would just bring heat on them. I suspect none of the major BW pros like the game, and I strongly believe Bisu hates SC2.

Except Idra who often times calls SC2 a piece of shit game and seems sincere about it, but in his particular case it just boosts his persona, which is the biggest reason to have people interested in him...
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
vOdToasT
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden2870 Posts
December 07 2012 12:45 GMT
#149
On December 07 2012 21:34 fabiano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2012 17:39 Glioburd wrote:
On December 07 2012 13:34 fuzzylogic44 wrote:
On December 07 2012 11:56 Ribbon wrote:


I think Jaedong is literally the only KeSPA player who actually likes SC2 (comparing it to an ugly girl with a nice personality, a metaphor I don't fully understand).



I think they have all publicly either praised the game or said something to the effect of "it's not my first love but it's good in it's own way", who knows which of them are sincere and which are just saying it for PR..

I agree with fuzzylogic44, for exemple Sea said in his first interview on TL that he found SC2 more fun than BW.
Then he said "sc2 bad" while streaming some BW for fun. It's difficult to say if JD really likes SC2. Personnaly I wonder how an ex BW pro can prefer a game which is mechanically easier and less fun. It does not make sense


No pro will ever say the game is bad, it would just bring heat on them. I suspect none of the major BW pros like the game, and I strongly believe Bisu hates SC2.



Sea said "Sc2 bad"

What more do you want?
If it's stupid but it works, then it's not stupid* (*Or: You are stupid for losing to it, and gotta git gud)
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-07 15:13:22
December 07 2012 15:09 GMT
#150
On December 07 2012 21:34 fabiano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2012 17:39 Glioburd wrote:
On December 07 2012 13:34 fuzzylogic44 wrote:
On December 07 2012 11:56 Ribbon wrote:


I think Jaedong is literally the only KeSPA player who actually likes SC2 (comparing it to an ugly girl with a nice personality, a metaphor I don't fully understand).



I think they have all publicly either praised the game or said something to the effect of "it's not my first love but it's good in it's own way", who knows which of them are sincere and which are just saying it for PR..

I agree with fuzzylogic44, for exemple Sea said in his first interview on TL that he found SC2 more fun than BW.
Then he said "sc2 bad" while streaming some BW for fun. It's difficult to say if JD really likes SC2. Personnaly I wonder how an ex BW pro can prefer a game which is mechanically easier and less fun. It does not make sense


No pro will ever say the game is bad, it would just bring heat on them.


It actually doesn't, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot anti-SC2 coming out of pros in the coming weeks.



Nony made a video comparing BW carriers to SC2 carriers, and explaining why SC2 carriers were boring and uninteresting. Earlier this week, explicitly because of this video, Blizz met him halfway and let carriers switch targets at leash range (no stop-movement, though). They've also been openly flirting with increasing Muta acceleration (as a buff, but this is something a lot of BW fans wanted since the WoL Beta - Muta micro), and making changes based on what makes the game interesting and generally being semi-competentish for a while.

So I expect more pros to realize that, if they get the community sufficiently riled up, they can maybe get a change they want enacted. Doesn't matter if Blizz never makes a smart decision again. There's the hope, now. The bitching will increase tenfold, and I'm really happy about that, because the more pressure on Blizzard to make SC2 BWier, the better.

Plus, everyone whines about balance eventually.
Tufas
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Austria2259 Posts
December 07 2012 16:38 GMT
#151
On December 07 2012 17:56 winthrop wrote:
funny it took long for jd to have his oversea debut.
gogo JD


He played WCG in the US as far as I can remember !
Where is my ACE flair
iSiN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1075 Posts
December 07 2012 17:17 GMT
#152
If you don't think this is huge news then you either A. Don't live in the US B. Probably aren't a fan of Jaedong the person just Jaedong the broodwar player. Jaedong's presence in America will single-handedly get me to go to SC2 events regardless of how much I may not like the game. I'm actually excited. Plus I feel I'm allowed to bump this thread as I'm considered part of the staff to the original fanclub and didn't feel like posting with a million small children that only know the name Jaedong not the tyrant.
Grouty @HoN/PCKJ <--<333 || Jaedong Fan Cafe GFX
SagaZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
France3460 Posts
December 07 2012 17:55 GMT
#153
He will finally get some vacations
paid vacations
so good for him i guess, i just hope we'll get to see him play some broodwar games for some event matches or something, would be awesome.
Be nice, buy wards and don't feed double buff.
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
December 07 2012 18:23 GMT
#154
On December 08 2012 02:17 iSiN wrote:
If you don't think this is huge news then you either A. Don't live in the US B. Probably aren't a fan of Jaedong the person just Jaedong the broodwar player. Jaedong's presence in America will single-handedly get me to go to SC2 events regardless of how much I may not like the game. I'm actually excited. Plus I feel I'm allowed to bump this thread as I'm considered part of the staff to the original fanclub and didn't feel like posting with a million small children that only know the name Jaedong not the tyrant.


One nice thing about non-KeSPA teams is that we'll have more exposure to Jaedong the person. Which is nice, because Jaedong the person seems to be a cool guy.



And he even loves us <3
nttea
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Sweden4353 Posts
December 07 2012 18:34 GMT
#155
Guys.. you know what will happen? we get a stream...
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
December 07 2012 18:38 GMT
#156
On December 08 2012 03:34 nttea wrote:
Guys.. you know what will happen? we get a stream...


Yeah, that's been confirmed. Jaedong is going to start streaming soon.

Obviously, it'd be mostly SC2, but Liquid'Sea streams Brood War from time to time, so maybe Jaedong might as well?
Navi
Profile Joined November 2009
5286 Posts
December 08 2012 00:18 GMT
#157
omg plos jd stream some BW <3
Hey! Listen!
Jaevlaterran
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden578 Posts
December 08 2012 05:25 GMT
#158
jaedong WE WANT BROOD WAR! Quit SC2 and show SSL who the real dong is!
Need a light?
WGT-Baal
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
France3561 Posts
December 10 2012 10:19 GMT
#159
On December 08 2012 01:38 Tufas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2012 17:56 winthrop wrote:
funny it took long for jd to have his oversea debut.
gogo JD


He played WCG in the US as far as I can remember !


he was also in WCG 2008 in Germany and even went to a TL meet up there
Horang2 fan
Prev 1 6 7 8 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft471
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft471
WinterStarcraft206
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 471
White-Ra 163
Noble 84
Hyuk 60
NaDa 54
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm149
League of Legends
Doublelift4278
Counter-Strike
taco 216
minikerr23
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox433
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor749
Other Games
summit1g7842
FrodaN1754
Coldzera 824
JimRising 494
C9.Mang0325
KnowMe156
ViBE69
Mew2King60
ArmadaUGS56
CosmosSc2 12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick763
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 112
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21018
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
9h 6m
Online Event
10h 6m
FEL
15h 6m
AI Arena Tournament
16h 6m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 11h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.