• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:09
CEST 21:09
KST 04:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9799 users

[Project] Jaedong Fighting Card!

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-31 23:10:01
August 31 2009 07:10 GMT
#1


[image loading]

~ Jaedong Fighting Card Project 2009. ~

What Is It?

The spiritual successor to the 'Get Well Soon Backho Card' initiated during February 2009 ~ March 2009 (When it was delivered to the man himself.) Basically it's exactly the same project (a big card filled with messages, pictures and other nice stuff.) for Hwaseung OZ zerg player Lee Jaedong.

[image loading]


~ Wouldn't it be nice to see Jaedong with one of these? (Sadly I don't mean a bowlcut.)~

Links:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=87771
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=89957

Why Are You Organizing This?

This might seem as though it's solely motivated by the free agency period and the massive headache it seems to have produced for players, parents and the teams themselves. In part it is, I'm not going to deny that.

However, this project is more about bringing together fans of Lee Jaedong and showing him the foreign community supports him regardless of which team he's aligned with or what struggles he goes through.

The response to the Backho card was so overwhelming and it represented not only something fun for me to work on, but also a way to once again connect the overseas fans with the Korean scene.

You'll have to trust me when I say that Chanwoong's reaction was worth every single message printed on those pieces of card. I want to do something like that for another player who has faced a recent series of problems and it would be brilliant if fans of Jaedong and Hwaseung could unite to send messages over to him when the new Proleague season kicks off in about a month.

How Can I Join In?

It couldn't be simpler. Just leave a message using the following format and I will personally print them off, assemble a card and present it to Jaedong at the first available opportunity. I will also take some photos of him recieving it and get a small message from Jaedong himself regarding the card.

Messages need to be:

~ In Korean or English.
~ Less than 300 words.
~ One per forum member.
~ Directed to Jaedong himself.
~ Not offensive or discussing 'Free Agency Period.'

Username:
Nationality:
Message:


Graphics and photos are also welcomed as long as they are:

~ 400px or less.
~ Worksafe.
~ Not depicting anything illegal or offensive.

Please direct any further questions or suggestions as comments to this post. Also if you don't wish to participate or don't agree with this project for whatever personal reasons please don't discuss them here. PM me with any concerns and I'll respond ASAP.

P.S. As a little bit more motivation for people to join in even if they're a tad reluctant:

If this project goes well I'm way more liable to make cards for other players. (Boxer, Bisu, Savior etc etc.) So if you'd like the chance to join in at a later date then please leave a message - no matter how large or small.

PLEASE TRY TO KEEP NON-MESSAGE CHAT IN THIS THREAD TO A MINIMUM!
(It'll make collecting the messages easier on me ~ thanks.)
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-31 07:18:18
August 31 2009 07:17 GMT
#2
KawaiiRice
USA
Congratulations on winning the Golden Mouse! I look forward to seeing your games in the future ~~

Edit: Thanks for doing all this NeverGG~
@KawaiiRiceLighT
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
August 31 2009 07:19 GMT
#3
Username: iCCup.deL
Nationality: Australian
Message: You are the best player of all time - I hope to see you playing for many years and that you achieve everything you want in StarCraft! Remember to do what's best for you and don't be persuaded otherwise, know that you have many foreign fan's support!

<May update with a pic>

Thanks NeverGG nuna for this opportunity, I am sure it will mean a lot to him after this stressful period
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
August 31 2009 07:31 GMT
#4
Username: So no fek
Nationality: USA
Message: Congratulations on winning the Golden Mouse, I wish for your continued success, and hope you are the first person to win a Platinum Mouse!

(Assuming they still have plans to give them away at 5 wins.. and since there may not be many more OSLs for SC, he would probably have to win the next two, but it would be great to see such a deserving player reach that height, and if there are 2-3 more OSLs left, I think Jaedong can do it.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
xalo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Peru80 Posts
August 31 2009 07:32 GMT
#5
Username: xalo
Nationality: Peruvian
Message: Congratulations on the golden mouse achievement! Watching your games was the reason i chose zerg. Keep working hard and win more starleagues!
NukeTheStars
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States278 Posts
August 31 2009 07:35 GMT
#6
Username:NukeTheStars
Nationality:USA
Message:Hi, Jaedong. I commentate Korean games in English for the foreign community. Every game I cast that involves you gets about three times as many views as any other game. The foreign community loves you. Your drive to do your best is truly something that transcends cultural differences and our countries' borders. We'll always support you!
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
August 31 2009 07:36 GMT
#7
Username:Warrior Madness
Nationalityerg
Message: JD I've never been as emotionally invested in any starcraft player or athelete as I with you. You're the most passionate, most dedicated, most fiercely focused and most resilient player on the face of the earth. Your heart and soul just pours onto the keyboard & mouse, and you are able to bounce back from the most difficult adversities that would cripple others. You inspire me! Keep on fighting. I'll keep on following!
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
geegee1
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States618 Posts
August 31 2009 07:37 GMT
#8
Username: geegee1
Nationality: USA
Message: You are one of the best players of the world aim for a higher goal. Many foreigners continue to look at you and watch you. Jaedong Fighting!
pew pew
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
August 31 2009 07:39 GMT
#9
Zelniq
USA
When watching SC started becoming stale, I considered quitting viewing TV matches. But your games were so exciting and impressive to watch, you reminded me of why I loved to watch SC in the first place. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. Don't ever forget you have many foreign fans who will always support you.
ModeratorBlame yourself or God
AlTheCake
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada1071 Posts
August 31 2009 07:47 GMT
#10
Username: AlTheCake
Nationality: Canadian
Message: You're the greatest Starcraft player that I've ever known - Congratulations on winning your golden mouse, and please keep playing as great as always~!
FranzF1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile1710 Posts
August 31 2009 07:48 GMT
#11
FranzF1
Chile
Jaedong you are not only the best player of SC ever, you are a great person and you always seems to be so hardworking, I really admire your entusiasm and you inspire me to do everything to reach my own dreams. I hope to keep seeing you dominate the StarCraft scene.
Congratulations for your recent Golden Mouse and I will always suport!

(may update with a picture)
Member #99999^99 of the fanclub of Grape, Reality and TurN
vRoOk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States1024 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-31 07:55:55
August 31 2009 07:55 GMT
#12
vRoOk
USA
Lee Jae Dong.. your so baller with your pink i-pod and rap.. plus you can dance. Your Starcraft skills are beyond measure. I hope you continue to study English so maybe we can have a conversation one day. Keep it up man think platinum (:
Breaking Bad
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
August 31 2009 07:56 GMT
#13
Username: Grobyc
Nationality: Canadian
Message:
Jaedong, you are one of my all time favourite players and I like watching you play so much it is a hobby to watch all your games. I can always rely on you to put up a strong fight and do your best to win. If it weren't for you, I would never ever play Zerg. Keep doing your best, because I know you have what it takes to be the best StarCraft player in the world!
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Khos
Profile Joined October 2008
52 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-09 09:50:30
August 31 2009 08:08 GMT
#14
woops
YellOw/EffOrt/Jaedong+
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
August 31 2009 08:14 GMT
#15
Username: neobowman
Nationality: Korean/Canadian
Message:
Jaedong, after I mvoed to Canada and started watching your games, I was amazed at the level you play at. In my opinion, you are the greatest player in StarCraft of all time. A year ago, I asked my cousin for your autograph in Korea and he brought it with him when he came back to Canada. I still keep it with my most important posessions today. You are my favourite player by far and your hard work and dedication inspires me to work harder in my own life. Congratulations on winning the Golden mouse and remember than there are countless Jaedong fans like myself even in Canada and the US.
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
August 31 2009 08:14 GMT
#16
Username: Hyde
Nationality: Australian
Message: Congratulations on your shiny Golden Mouse! Thank you for all your hard work and providing us with wonderful and entertaining games. I wish you much success and will forever cheer and support you in the future! Thank you for all that you have done for Starcraft!
Lee Jae Dong FIGHTING!
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
saikeraku
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada2933 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-04 01:16:02
August 31 2009 08:19 GMT
#17
Username: saikeraku
Nationality: Chinese
Message: Jaedong, your games are always awesome to watch! Hope you'll be able to reach all of your goals and continue being the best SC player there ever was. Congratulations on winning your golden mouse! Hope you'll become the first person ever to win the OSL 3 times in a row and the platinum mouse! Good luck, I'll always support you.
Lenwe
Profile Joined March 2008
Netherlands757 Posts
August 31 2009 08:22 GMT
#18
Username Lenwe
Nationality Dutch
Message Congratulations on your golden mouse, you are definately one of the all time greatest now. I hope we can continue to enjoy your games for many more seasons to come.
Pufftrees
Profile Joined March 2009
2449 Posts
August 31 2009 08:24 GMT
#19
Username: Pufftrees
Nationality: USA
Message: Continue your path of destruction as the world watches in awe. Keep the firing burning in your eyes!
Chance favors the prepared mind.
genryou
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Malaysia390 Posts
August 31 2009 08:28 GMT
#20
Username:genryou
Nationality:Malaysia
Message: Jaedong, to be honest, I,m not an Oz fan nor I,m a fan of you either, but I really respect the way you played your games. You never ceased to amaze me at how great you are. Every time you destroyed a Terran, it just gave me a motivation to train harder to improve my skills. Keep on winning Jaedong, because you are my ultimate source of motivation, and I,ll definitely surpass you one day.
I, Challenge Everything
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason190
BRAT_OK 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14178
Mini 249
Dewaltoss 166
Artosis 151
Mind 86
Hyun 42
ZZZero.O 26
Bale 21
NaDa 21
Dota 2
qojqva2840
420jenkins528
Counter-Strike
fl0m4036
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5648
Khaldor1284
Liquid`Hasu1049
MindelVK17
Other Games
summit1g4258
FrodaN2020
B2W.Neo839
byalli415
ToD137
QueenE76
Railgan49
Mew2King43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1190
BasetradeTV244
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
StarCraft 2
angryscii 33
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 41
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 25
• FirePhoenix7
• niya90s 2
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• FT.aCt)Sony0
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3938
Other Games
• imaqtpie838
• Shiphtur271
• WagamamaTV243
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 52m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 52m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 52m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 52m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.