Thanks for everyone downloading and supporting it, and for the appreciations !
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Current version: 0.8.10
- 0.8.10: Added crash handler.
- 0.8.9: Fixed bug when clicked Open (did not open browser with stream but still performed Play).
- 0.8.8: Added Contact and Update features.
Search and play are now in place (same window, without spawning additional instances of executable).
Temporarily removed self-signed certificate.
- 0.8.6: Added self-signed certificate to binaries.
- 0.8.5: Fix search internal bug.
- 0.8.4: Reverted to IE hosting.
- 0.8.3 (Chrome based): Improved channel retrieval for antiviruses rewriting gzip into xml
- 0.8.2 (Chrome based)
- IE rendering engine completely replaced with Chrome
- eliminate the need for IE 7 or later (gzip code now uses zlib instead of wininet)
- setup checks for Adobe Flash and asks user to install if not detected
- some bugfixes.
- the standalone client is now removed since it can't function as a standalone executable (as IE version did).
- 0.8.1: added event names for ON AIR streams; added viewers count.
- 0.8.0: added "always on top" caption option.
- 0.7: added intermediate search pages, error reporting (if any).
- 0.6: added xfire.com streams support.
I am a longtime fan of TL and watching streams for some years now I come up with a small desktop player (Windows for now) which can perform a number of features regarding streams - namely, play a stream, search for streams, display/notify events and more.
Not all features are implemented at this time and not all stream providers - please remember that this is a work in progress, although I am using the player daily for some time now without any problems than occasional bugs that prevents me to see a good fight
Where to get it
That been said, here are the download links:
TeamLiquid Player - Installer
(Note. The installer proposes by default user profile directory, not Program Files directory).
What if it does not start
Most likely a required component is not installed. All runtime dependencies have been eliminated, but is still a work in progress and bugs can happen. Try to drop me a mail with details on how to reproduce, what environment do you have (operating system, browsers versions, VS runtime - nerd stuff but I know you guys know what I'm talking about).
The installer checks for Internet Explorer 7 or later. Windows XP SP3 or later (not checked by setup) is recommended, although it should run also on older platforms, but IE7+.
It will not work with default Flash Player 6 supplied by XP. Install the latest Flash Player version (the next version of setup will take care also of this).
How it works
At startup, the program displays a very simple window, offering 7 buttons
- Reload - reloads the current page
- 3 Streams: ON AIR, Live and User streams - clicking on each will search for the respective TL streams
- Contact - Opens default mail client for contact and feedback
- Update - Checks for update and offers options for download and install.
- Spawn - opens a new instance.
The upper right edit allows you to type a string which is searched among TL streams, and channels matching title, description etc. are displayed.
The search results will be displayed in the results list, which offers two buttons: Play and Open.
When Play is missing, usually this means the channel does not support embedding.
Play will launch a separate instance and load the stream inside the player, while Open simply opens the default browser to the channel URL.
Any suggestions, bug reports, feedback of any kind - please hit Contact button and let me know what improvement and fixes you would like to have in day to day running.