• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:36
CEST 08:36
KST 15:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8814 users

The "Let's quote IdrA" thing

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
January 02 2012 10:41 GMT
#1
I'm not sure how else I should call this.
Every time a thread comes up with a particular zerg posting a "witty" one liner the next few pages are just quotes like:"I love you<3",the popular "Don't ever change","HAVE MY BABYS!!","This",etc.

I know I'm not the perfect poster and I have my flaws,I post my fare share of one liners and I may have been guilty in the past of doing this as well.
TL does not look kind upon posts that have little no content or no relevance to the thread,so I'm just curious what mods think about the "Pro player quote train" that happens in threads and usually derails the thread into a fan club.
I'm not saying people shouldn't quote pros,for instance,when Tyler posts,his posts are fairly long and contribute to the discussion,so people refrain from posting just the "<3 and I would lick your balls Tyler" and make a well thought out post as well.

This is not that big of a deal but do people really need to read a thread and than have to scroll their way through 2 pages of people telling IdrA how right and amazing he is?
Cackle™
blubbdavid
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Switzerland2412 Posts
January 02 2012 11:56 GMT
#2
Omg I love you kefka I agree 100%!!!!!1111
What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all other? Whatever you desire - that is here. Tower of God ¦¦Nutella, drink of the Gods
nanospartan
Profile Joined July 2011
649 Posts
January 02 2012 12:05 GMT
#3
Hmmm, I see your point, but there is basically no solution :/
I was an athiest until I watched the Day[9] daily
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-02 12:17:29
January 02 2012 12:17 GMT
#4
On January 02 2012 21:05 nanospartan wrote:
Hmmm, I see your point, but there is basically no solution :/

Ofc there is,give out a warning for a offtopic no content post like for any other.
But that's just my opinion I don't want to back seat moderate.
Cackle™
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
January 02 2012 12:45 GMT
#5
This happens with a lot of pros, community figures, and sometimes admins. People like rallying behind important people I suppose. It is definitely worse with IdrA though because his post's content is much more "noticeable"
Phyrigian
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
New Zealand1332 Posts
January 02 2012 12:46 GMT
#6
--- Nuked ---
Bartimaeus
Profile Joined January 2011
United States67 Posts
January 02 2012 14:42 GMT
#7
Phyrigian, i completely agree in regards to the higher post count - I think that many people believe having a larger post count somehow gives you a more important opinion, whereas post counts can't take in the quality of said post. To the OP, I agree, this drivel belongs on facebook or the pro's home webpage - not on TL. I wish these posts would incur warnings or worse for repeated offenses.
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-02 15:43:56
January 02 2012 15:42 GMT
#8
On January 02 2012 23:42 Bartimaeus wrote:
Phyrigian, i completely agree in regards to the higher post count - I think that many people believe having a larger post count somehow gives you a more important opinion, whereas post counts can't take in the quality of said post.


It used to be like that at the beginning of the SC2 beta actually. A bunch of new members (including and especially me) would always look up to the old members with high post count. But now, so many people are in the 3k-7k ranges, and even some newer members (TDL and the Live Reporters) have 10k+ posts, that people need to abandon that notion of high post count = good.

edit: perhaps it is time to take out the post count number? (This was brought up before though, so we may have to give it more time before we revisit the topic.)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 03 2012 02:09 GMT
#9
edit: perhaps it is time to take out the post count number? (This was brought up before though, so we may have to give it more time before we revisit the topic.)


Remove Live Report topics from counting posts, remove polls and Liquibets from counting posts.
Half of the posters with high counts will have something a bit more reasonable.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
January 03 2012 02:48 GMT
#10
On January 03 2012 00:42 Whole wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2012 23:42 Bartimaeus wrote:
Phyrigian, i completely agree in regards to the higher post count - I think that many people believe having a larger post count somehow gives you a more important opinion, whereas post counts can't take in the quality of said post.


It used to be like that at the beginning of the SC2 beta actually. A bunch of new members (including and especially me) would always look up to the old members with high post count. But now, so many people are in the 3k-7k ranges, and even some newer members (TDL and the Live Reporters) have 10k+ posts, that people need to abandon that notion of high post count = good.

edit: perhaps it is time to take out the post count number? (This was brought up before though, so we may have to give it more time before we revisit the topic.)


Nah you just have to start reading posts and realize they're shit from what they actually say. The spammy kids with high post counts will usually have trash posts anyways, they're not around (mostly) because they post well it's because they know how to post without getting banned. So just read!

Quoting pros is fine though, especially if it's genuinely funny
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
January 03 2012 04:01 GMT
#11
Everything has its place on the site. I would say TL has the best moderation of the forums I have visited and while they do not catch every shitty post, they certainly catch most. There is a general negative presumption against posts without content or that add anything to the topic unless they are appropriate. Quoting pros is usually someones attempt at humor and personally I find it harmless unless it is in an inappropriate place. Overall, the bad posts get reported and then it is up to the mods..

As for the high post count users; post count is not always a reflection of quality. But being a forum veteran usually allows people some leeway with their posting as well as them being the users that generally set the standard for posting etiquette. If you think about it logically-more posts = more opportunities to get banned; if you can post 10,000 times without getting banned you probably know whats going on. Anyone that has survived here for more than a year should generally know the accepted behavior and should be able to set a quality standard for other posters.
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
HackBenjamin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1094 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-03 17:09:16
January 03 2012 17:09 GMT
#12
On January 02 2012 19:41 TheKefka wrote:
"<3 and I would lick your balls Tyler"


+ Show Spoiler +
THIS


For serious though, it's pretty irritating to see the fanboy/girl trains do this to threads. Yes, some pros are quite witty and amusing. Do we really need 2 pages of support for every time they flex said wit? No, we do not.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
January 05 2012 08:38 GMT
#13
Obviously I've survived only through some clerical error bkrow.

Honestly Kefka you're dead right and there's nothing that can be done. It sucks so damn bad scrolling through 3-4 pages of a LR of pure
Jinro said:

Funny comment/opinion post
`
`
`

blabla this.

So one decent post by a pro ends up being responded to by a dozen people. It's fine but it takes up space and it's very infrequent that someone spoilers a quote over a few lines when it's been spam quoted already.

It would be lovely if people spoilered longer posts or simply didn't post THIS (ever). There's just no way to moderate that. Sorry it annoys you though. Over the year or so I've developed an internal filter and arthritis in my scrolling finger.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
ZoW
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3983 Posts
January 05 2012 09:13 GMT
#14
i think its a very useful talent toi have
the courage to be a lazy bum
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
January 05 2012 18:20 GMT
#15
On January 05 2012 17:38 Probe1 wrote:
Obviously I've survived only through some clerical error bkrow.

Honestly Kefka you're dead right and there's nothing that can be done. It sucks so damn bad scrolling through 3-4 pages of a LR of pure
Show nested quote +
Jinro said:

Funny comment/opinion post
`
`
`

blabla this.

So one decent post by a pro ends up being responded to by a dozen people. It's fine but it takes up space and it's very infrequent that someone spoilers a quote over a few lines when it's been spam quoted already.

It would be lovely if people spoilered longer posts or simply didn't post THIS (ever). There's just no way to moderate that. Sorry it annoys you though. Over the year or so I've developed an internal filter and arthritis in my scrolling finger.


I think this is partly because posts by people like Jinro tend to be the most insightful on gaming topics since someone like Jinro knows so damn much about SC. I don't see anything wrong with that. It's also partly because the bright blue and red posts are the only ones that attract the attention of skimmers and people who don't actually read the threads. That I have some issues with.

On January 02 2012 19:41 TheKefka wrote:
I'm not sure how else I should call this.
Every time a thread comes up with a particular zerg posting a "witty" one liner the next few pages are just quotes like:"I love you<3",the popular "Don't ever change","HAVE MY BABYS!!"


How else will IdrA know that I want to copulate with him? HOW??!!!


I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
January 08 2012 05:15 GMT
#16
On January 02 2012 18:44 Gamegene wrote:
lol it shouldn't really be surprising.

just look at incontrol: one post and everyone jumps on the bandwagon, quotes him and pretends they're best friends. it's like twitter (annoying).

or they decide to take the moment to draw attention, criticize him and call him an idiot.
"AHA! GOTCHA!"

Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
January 28 2012 00:08 GMT
#17
Well I guess a lot of this was discussed in that "Lots of Pros Lurk" thread... I don't think the pros themselves like the slavish attention either... A lot of this is already minimalized by their lack of posting (imagine Artosis or Day9 posting on regular basis)
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
Keyboard Warrior
Profile Joined December 2011
United States1178 Posts
January 28 2012 01:55 GMT
#18
I didnt know about this until the ABL.

What is the reason for this thread, to separate it from the fan thread?
Not your regular Keyboard Warrior ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
February 02 2012 16:14 GMT
#19
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=308383

All aboard the Quote-train baby
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
February 02 2012 16:44 GMT
#20
SmoKim, I think this one was worse: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=307176
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 160
-ZergGirl 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1473
Hyuk 223
910 84
Yoon 51
Bale 29
NotJumperer 21
ZergMaN 21
yabsab 14
Icarus 10
League of Legends
JimRising 601
Reynor60
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King51
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor276
Other Games
summit1g6954
WinterStarcraft405
PiGStarcraft243
Sick240
C9.Mang0230
Livibee149
ceh9126
Happy46
ArmadaUGS42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick607
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream291
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2348
League of Legends
• Stunt507
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 24m
Stellar Fest
6h 24m
The PondCast
1d 3h
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
OSC
1d 17h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.