• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:48
CEST 23:48
KST 06:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7570 users

[Spoiler] Masters - Stars vs eSTRO Interview

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
ghostWriter
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3302 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-10 15:30:16
August 10 2009 15:09 GMT
#1
(P)SangHo: "Our team is looking towards winning the championship."
"I want to make a big impact in the next series as the vanguard of our team."


[image loading]



In the 2009 GyeongNam STX Master's Cup at the LOOX hero Center, eSTRO won against the Woongjin Stars, thanks to (P)SangHo's 3 victories.

-Your team has won 3 series in a row, while you have 5 consecutive victories.
▲If you say "5 consecutive victories", it seems like a big deal, but I am just somewhat dazed.
After we beat WeMade FOX, I was chosen to play and I played uninspired games. However, as I started winning, I began to try harder. I was able to get win all my games by thinking that I would keep pushing myself until we advance.

-In the previous series, (P)GosI[Flying] was able to execute an all-kill.
▲I felt really good about that. In his winner's interview, he said that he wants to defeat (P)SangHo hyung and become one of the main players. In a previous interview, I said that I was cultivating a protoss to be one of our best players. However, since (P)GosI[Flying] is improving so quickly, I feel pressured and motivated at the same time. It seems that everything is going the way I want it to.

-eSTRO's momentum in this tournament is impressive.
▲Right now, we have the most games played in the tournament. But, we cannot lose to a team after winning each game. If we lose to a team that hasn't played yet, it would feel unfair, so we will do our best to keep winning. It seems that my teammates' skills have increased greatly after the proleague finished, so I believe that we will be able to go far in this tournament.

-You had a very close and intense game against (P)GuemChi (Stars).
▲I feel that if I lost that game, I would have opened myself to much criticism. I lost some of my composure because it's been a long time since I've played this kind of game. Usually, if you save as many probes as possible and kill the enemy's nexus, you win the game. Although I tried to entice him to send his reaver to attack my probes, I made a mistake and lost many probes. Therefore, I had no choice but to attack his base, but thankfully, I was able to win the game.

-Your decision to save one dragoon was essential to your victory.
▲I attacked because I thought I had no other choice and was going to lose, but I gained an advantage in the battle and I was able to save one dragoon. I won because my opponent had no more minerals and I was able to kill his nexus. When the dragoon was attacked by the reaver, it was dangerous but since I was able to save it until the end, I was able to win the game.

-By your opening in the game against (Z)ZerO, it seems that you were able to anticipate his strategy.
▲I know that (Z)ZerO likes to play a macro-style game, so I used a strategy that would counter it. As soon as I saw his build order, I knew that he was going to go for a macro game, just as I expected, and at that moment, I thought that I would win.

-You controlled your units very boldly.
▲I thought that if I could use my zealots to kill the hydralisks, then I would be able to shrink his overlord count with my corsairs, so it was worth it. Although I might have wasted some units, I feel that this was very important to my victory.

-Your use of dark templars in the game against (P)free was very good.
▲Protoss vs Protoss is mostly about the fundamentals. However, in that game, my starting position was disadvantageous and my build was inferior. But since I was able to scout my opponent's base, I had the information I needed to win. If I was unable to scout his base, I would have lost.

-Did you have a good vacation?
▲After I debuted as a progamer, I had no time to go fishing with my dad. Therefore, I took this opportunity to go with him. The early morning forecast said that it was going to rain, so we wore our rain gear, but the weather cleared up. Since we didn't expect it to be sunny, we got very sunburned.

-This tournament seems like a huge opportunity for eSTRO.
▲We were able to harvest the fruits of our labor after (P)GosI[Flying] got an all-kill and (T)PuMa was able to win for the first time in a while. Since we are able to keep playing and gain momentum from our victories, it seems like a great opportunity for us. I am happy because we are able to show a new side of eSTRO in this tournament. We only think of working hard so that we can make it to the finals. It is definitely possible.

-Your next opponent is KT.
▲In the lottery for the maps, many protoss favored maps were chosen. I want to be able to display my skills as the vanguard of the team, but the decision is up to the coach. I have a good feeling, so I believe that we will be able to defeat KT as well.


Source: Sangho's interview on Fomos

If you catch any mistakes in my translation, spelling, or grammar, or have any other feedback, feel free to share. ^^
Sullifam
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
August 10 2009 15:17 GMT
#2
Sweet interview. hope they win against KT FINGER BOOM!
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
Shauni
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
4077 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-10 15:24:16
August 10 2009 15:22 GMT
#3
I was really anticipating this interview and kept refreshing tlnet. Thanks a lot!
I thought there was some kind of rivalry between SangHo and Flying because of his comment in the last interview, but it doesn't seem like it from his words. It's nice that SangHo has started to play well again, although the games against ZerO and free had some luck involved.

Haha... he had no time to go fishing with his dad. Poor boy.
I'm taking whatever coverage I can get, because frankly, I'm busy working on this million dollar deal at my job. Early retirement is a good thing brotha man. - MessengerASL
tirentu
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1257 Posts
August 10 2009 15:24 GMT
#4
Wow, well done, that's ALMOST an all-kill .

eSTRO fighting!
MrHoon *
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
10183 Posts
August 10 2009 15:28 GMT
#5
I wouldn't mind seeing Estro going perfect throughout the whole tourney
wooo go estro
dats racist
foeffa
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Belgium2115 Posts
August 10 2009 15:29 GMT
#6
Nice, tx for the translation. Some interesting titbits in the answers as well.
觀過斯知仁矣.
sAw
Profile Joined November 2008
965 Posts
August 10 2009 15:41 GMT
#7
Thanks a lot! Sangho seems to be a great guy. Now estro is motivated and pumped, expect to see more "upsets" from this crew.
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
August 10 2009 16:09 GMT
#8
HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Too_MuchZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Finland2818 Posts
August 10 2009 16:37 GMT
#9
I bet Artosis is very very very happy now :D
ghostWriter
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3302 Posts
August 10 2009 17:45 GMT
#10
On August 11 2009 00:41 sAw wrote:
Thanks a lot! Sangho seems to be a great guy. Now estro is motivated and pumped, expect to see more "upsets" from this crew.


Agreed. I doubt that they will be able to beat CJ or SKTT1, but watching them continually advance like this is pretty exciting.
Sullifam
GrimAngel
Profile Joined September 2008
United States416 Posts
August 10 2009 20:47 GMT
#11
aww i kinda like sangho now! Not having time to go fishing with his dad since he debuted, that's pretty sweet
Wan step ahead!
Shizuru~
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Malaysia1676 Posts
August 10 2009 22:30 GMT
#12
This tournament is getting exciting thanks to E-STRO.

thanks for the translation ghostwriter.
psion0011
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada720 Posts
August 10 2009 22:55 GMT
#13
Well considering they just played the most entertaining pvp ever, of course it's getting exciting.

Only downside is no upmagic yet.
KizZBG
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
u gotta skate8152 Posts
August 10 2009 23:01 GMT
#14
Thanks ghostWriter! It's feeling good to be an eSTRO fan :D
eSTRO for life | #2 Sea.Really fan! | #1 GosI[Flying] fan! | Clide - best SC2 terran!
boesthius
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States11637 Posts
August 10 2009 23:07 GMT
#15
--- Nuked ---
iamho
Profile Joined June 2009
United States3347 Posts
August 10 2009 23:12 GMT
#16
sangho is now 5-0 in stx masters compared to flying's 4-0
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
August 11 2009 00:28 GMT
#17
After the match Sangho gave me his orange juice in the lift. He was in a really cheerful mood (as usual.) Go eSTRO
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
August 11 2009 00:52 GMT
#18
rooting for eSTRO all the way after this.

and also hoping upmagic does something.

i really enjoy the fact that his vacation was chill.
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
August 11 2009 00:59 GMT
#19
Great job ghostwriter, I like the interviews where they actually talk about the games a little bit. I feel an estro bandwagon forming.
ModeratorGodfather
Hinanawi
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2250 Posts
August 11 2009 01:11 GMT
#20
Aww, this is adorable:

After I debuted as a progamer, I had no time to go fishing with my dad. Therefore, I took this opportunity to go with him.


I can't see the Protoss/Terran heavy eSTRO standing a chance against KT (and Flash), though.
Favorite progamers (in order): Flash, Stork, Violet, Sea. ||| Get better soon, Violet!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech161
ViBE32
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 192
Dewaltoss 96
Hyuk 65
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm62
League of Legends
Doublelift3047
Counter-Strike
Fnx 803
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King85
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5561
Khaldor885
Liquid`Hasu775
Other Games
summit1g7847
FrodaN2302
shahzam477
KnowMe284
C9.Mang0180
ArmadaUGS112
UpATreeSC110
PPMD53
Trikslyr50
ZombieGrub45
CosmosSc2 23
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH362
• davetesta5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie923
• Shiphtur218
Upcoming Events
OSC
12m
CranKy Ducklings
12h 12m
Online Event
13h 12m
FEL
18h 12m
AI Arena Tournament
19h 12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.