• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:32
CEST 00:32
KST 07:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7691 users

settle the debate, girl question

Blogs > Xeris
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
July 21 2009 05:45 GMT
#1
Ok, I figure TL is a good place to settle this debate I was having with 2 friends of mine. We were walking around an outside mall area or whatever and my friend points out some girl and is like "shes pretty hot" etc etc. So I take a look and I notice that she looks pretty young; I guessed about 16-17 (we're 21), and he said 18-19.

Anyways, then we started debating about at what age it is acceptable/unacceptable to date girls. My friend said that it's fair game basically as long as the girl looks good, and I said that regardless of her looks, if she's under 18-19 I wouldn't even think about it. So we argued about that for about 45 minutes....

So Teamliquid, help settle this debate. What's the +/- age that is acceptable to either actually date, or think about dating a girl? (Assuming you're 21, but maybe just a general ratio).

In my opinion, anything from 18-25 is acceptable. PS, my other friend said something about some kinda formula like, divide your age by 2, and add 7 to get the youngest person you could be with...

Anyways, discuss.

*
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-21 05:51:58
July 21 2009 05:51 GMT
#2
http://xkcd.com/314/

he was possibly directly referencing this comic.
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
July 21 2009 05:53 GMT
#3
Your friend has severe emotional deficiencies if a 16 year old girl can actually hold his attention in any kind of serious conversation, at 21.

Going out with once maybe but there is zero possibility a normal 21 year old man can string together any kind of relationship with someone under 18.
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
vx70GTOJudgexv
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3161 Posts
July 21 2009 05:57 GMT
#4
On July 21 2009 14:53 heyoka wrote:
Your friend has severe emotional deficiencies if a 16 year old girl can actually hold his attention in any kind of serious conversation, at 21.

Going out with once maybe but there is zero possibility a normal 21 year old man can string together any kind of relationship with someone under 18.


Wow. So quick to write it off. You'd be surprised at what you can find in common with younger women. I've dated both up (2 years) and down (2 years) and had interesting relationships with both. I don't think there's a definite "limit" or "age" for things like this. If it's right, it's right.
(-_-) BW for ever. #1 Iris fan.
sk`
Profile Joined November 2008
Japan442 Posts
July 21 2009 06:00 GMT
#5
You're of drinking age... you will quickly find dating someone under that will go nowhere. Also, your friend may be a pedo.
www.pureesports.com
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
July 21 2009 06:00 GMT
#6
It's OK to date some one below 18 just don't have sex with her until the right time..

But really, girls that are 16 to 20 years old seems to be too much adventurous to have a serious relationship. (by means of serious relationship, there's still a big chance of breaking up after 1 to 2 years)
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
July 21 2009 06:00 GMT
#7
at 21 the youngest I'd go is 18. Not necessarily because of the years but because of where that puts them in the typical American educational system which aids big time in their maturity / experiences. By then they are either a frosh in college or graduated/ing from HS and are moving on to adult life.

I like pretty girls like the next guy but girls that are immature (as we can stereotype MOST HS aged girls) are a huge waste of time.. no matter how pretty.

16 is really young btw.. I can understand an argument for 17. I know that seems really nit-picky but the ages 16-21 are so fucking incredibly different each year has a substantial leap typically.
BuGzlToOnl
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5918 Posts
July 21 2009 06:01 GMT
#8
If there is grass on the field play ball?
If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.
Etherone
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1898 Posts
July 21 2009 06:02 GMT
#9
very mature 17 year old up.
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
July 21 2009 06:02 GMT
#10
On July 21 2009 15:01 BuGzlToOnl wrote:
If there is grass on the field play ball?



Oh god the PUNS! ^_^
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
BuGzlToOnl
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5918 Posts
July 21 2009 06:07 GMT
#11
On a serious note thou it is in my humblest of opinions that age has absolutely nothing to do in a relationship. This kind of thing should be judged on "emotional" maturity. I'm 21 myself and wouldn't see a problem being with a 16 year old.

Yes the whole out of high school thing is a big deal in regards to learning about the world rather than living under the illusion that the only thing that matters in your hair, who your dating, and your social status. But seriously age is just a number.
If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-21 06:08:46
July 21 2009 06:07 GMT
#12
On July 21 2009 14:53 heyoka wrote:
Your friend has severe emotional deficiencies if a 16 year old girl can actually hold his attention in any kind of serious conversation, at 21.

Going out with once maybe but there is zero possibility a normal 21 year old man can string together any kind of relationship with someone under 18.


Lol are you kidding? There are tons of immature and stupid 21 year olds and tons of mature and intelligent 16 year olds. Your generalization is pretty wrong really... Besides, if she's hot who cares if she makes good conversation lol.

I mean a 21 year old going out with a 17 year old isn't even that taboo really.

As for Xeris' question for a 21 year old guy. I'd say it depends on the individual girl, or at least it would be that way in a perfect world. I think 17 and over would be ok, any girl younger might be a bit odd but hey, as long as you don't have sex I guess it's not illegal.
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
July 21 2009 06:09 GMT
#13
On July 21 2009 15:07 Jonoman92 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2009 14:53 heyoka wrote:
Your friend has severe emotional deficiencies if a 16 year old girl can actually hold his attention in any kind of serious conversation, at 21.

Going out with once maybe but there is zero possibility a normal 21 year old man can string together any kind of relationship with someone under 18.


Lol are you kidding? There are tons of immature and stupid 21 year olds and tons of mature and intelligent 16 year olds. Your generalization is pretty wrong really... Besides, if she's hot who cares if she makes good conversation lol.

I mean a 21 year old going out with a 17 year old isn't even that taboo really.

As for Xeris' question for a 21 year old guy. I'd say it depends on the individual girl, or at least it would be that way in a perfect world. I think 17 and over would be ok, any girl younger might be a bit odd but hey, as long as you don't have sex I guess it's not illegal.



Hey, there's even 22 to 28 year old people that are immature. Now that's really a serious matter.
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
iNCuBuS_
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States905 Posts
July 21 2009 06:10 GMT
#14
Im 22 and I wouldnt date someone under the age of 19. 19 is even pushing it, so most likely 20 and up, unless the girl was really special.
Ive had this debate with friends before too and some of my friends have the same position as your friends. Its actually kind of creepy.
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
July 21 2009 06:10 GMT
#15
I think it's pretty bad when a 21 year old guy is gawking at a 16 year old girl. That is really young
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
July 21 2009 06:13 GMT
#16
How come everybody is assuming that the man is older?

You and your friends are looking in the wrong direction sir. Look up, and discover the joys of older women.
ModeratorGodfather
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
July 21 2009 06:13 GMT
#17
On July 21 2009 15:01 BuGzlToOnl wrote:
If there is grass on the field play ball?


and if there's not, turn her over and play in the mud.
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
GoSu
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Korea (South)1773 Posts
July 21 2009 06:13 GMT
#18
take care about age yes.
#1 olleh KT 팬 http://sports.kt.com/ | #1 김택용 선수 팬 | 좋은 선수: 송병구, 이제동, 도제욱, 정명훈, 이성은 | KeSPA 한국 e-Sports 협회
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
July 21 2009 06:13 GMT
#19
it depends on the age. I mean if were talking teens, anything more than a year difference is a little creepy/pathetic, though obvious massive differences in age are common in teens dating. Once you hit 20's, dating an 18 year old is pathetic, I'd think. Early twenties things start to loosen up, 19-23 is reasonable, but after that starts to push it. And yet further, a 23 year old dating a 29 year old or something? Again pushing the limits. Yet when ya hit the 30's, I wouldn't say 39 dating a 30 year old is at all very weird. I guess basically, age is loosely used to judge someones maturity, for teens a year is a huge point of development so a signficant difference in that shows a signficant difference in maturity and experiences, or at least the expectations for that. Ya go down the line, what I think is acceptable is based off that. Early twenties you are all entering the workforce/in college, same general experiences and presumed maturity, late 20's is of course drastically different, 30's and beyond your a full on adult and I dont really give a crap after that. Though there are still some weird differences like 50 to 34 or something...
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
integral
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3161 Posts
July 21 2009 06:16 GMT
#20
The number doesn't matter.
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 247
Nina 126
ViBE46
Nathanias 13
SpeCial 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12419
Artosis 394
NaDa 25
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever276
febbydoto31
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox459
Mew2King86
Other Games
summit1g5931
Grubby2886
Liquid`RaSZi1840
shahzam597
WinterStarcraft420
C9.Mang0310
JimRising 193
Trikslyr7
JuggernautJason3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 94
• musti20045 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie811
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 28m
INu's Battles
12h 28m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
14h 28m
OSC
23h 43m
Replay Cast
1d
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.