• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:43
CEST 17:43
KST 00:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8150 users

[Translation] Interview w/ "Storm Zerg" - Yellow!

Forum Index > BW General
53 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-07 20:17:43
July 07 2009 03:36 GMT
#1
Airforce Ace Webzine - "Storm Zerg" Yellow!

[image loading]

We are curious about Ace! - Interview #8
"Storm Zerg" - Yellow


You’ve been interviewed many times already about your win last time against Bisu so I won’t ask you again. Instead, can you tell us how you feel about your fans' passionate response and reaction to your win?
- I was so happy because it had been such a long time since I last won, but watching my fans feel even happier about the win left me feeling both touched and regretful. They were so happy about my one win that I felt that I had let them down for so long because I was unable to win for such a long time… but in the future, by quickly earning 2, 3 wins, I hope to repay their constant encouragement.

[image loading]
Age is no matter; I will overcome it all


It wasn’t just any win but a “storm” styled game against Bisu where you kept pushing him into a corner until you won. I think that was the key point that put the fans in such a fervor.
- It seems that way. There were probably fans who felt nostalgic after seeing an old-style being used, and because of that they probably cheered for me even harder. As I prepared for the match, I felt that Bisu was probably very prepared for recent styles of play, so I believed using an old style of play would be more effective, and that is how I ended up playing such a game.

Before the 4th round started, we went to Ace’s practice room and interviewed you. Back then, you along with your other teammates mentioned that you were practicing very hard and that we should look forward to how you play in the future – are the fruits of your labor finally showing?
- Because I’ve earned one win, I believe I’ve portrayed minimal improvement. I think I still lack a lot, and even in this state I feel I haven’t shown my utmost potential yet. Before this win, I had many other chances to win, but because I lost rather vainly I wasn’t able to show what I had practiced. I believe there’s a lot more I need to show in the future.

That day as I watched the match, when your first lurkers died and the cannons finished warping in and the reaver came out as well, I honestly thought the game was over for you.
- Nowadays players defend so well so during practice, such strategic plays don’t have a high success rate. Rather, during a broadcasted match where nerves are higher I believe better situations arise, and success rates are higher. So I believed it would work out, but Bisu defended so well that I felt a bit nervous. However, because I was prepared for the later game as well, I didn’t get down on myself or start thinking the game was too difficult.

When you killed the reavers that were coming out of his nat, people were saying that was a miracle – how did you feel at that moment?
- At that moment, I felt that Bisu was taken aback. If you’re a protoss progamer, it’s a definite that you know that on that particular location on Heartbreak Ridge, reaver scarabs don’t shoot very well. But Bisu’s reavers were coming up in that location. Seeing him make that mistake, I knew he was starting to shake up a bit.

That day after you won, you didn’t perform any special ceremony. I’m curious as to when we can look forward to watching a cool ceremony from you again.
- If I can attain 2, 3 wins, I will think of performing a ceremony. However, last time, because it was a win that I had earned after losing for so long, I was too embarrassed to do it so I didn’t.

Last week did you see the article on “ㅋㄲㅈㅁ”?
- I did. In general it’s a topic I sympathize with. It’s something that follows along with what a lot of fans wrote in my gallery blog so I enjoyed reading it.

On July 07 2009 12:45 MrHoon wrote:
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ = 콩까지마
Which can be translated (but it spills any direction) "DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT YELLOW"
it is a meme on the internet whenever someone even insults Yellow slightly everyone jumps on him saying "DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT YELLOW YOU FUCKING NOOB"

Scenario
Netizen
lol yellow sux
Netizen
GET THE FUCK OUT
Netizen
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ 쎄꺄 (DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT YELLOW YOU BITCH)
Netizen
ARE YOU SERIOUS? GET OUT
Netizen
GTFO
Netizen
YELLOW >>>>> BOXER GTFO
Netizen
YELLOW IS OUR HERO GTFO
Netizen
MASTER OF EVENT MATCHES YELLOW FUCK YEAH

it doesn't matter if Boxer pioneered and revolutionized Starcraft, in Korea, Yellow >>>> Boxer.


[image loading]


Thank you. In the future I hope you will also read through. You have numerous nicknames – is the nickname you like most “storm zerg”?
- It is. That was the first nickname fans gave me so I like it the most.

There isn’t much time left before Oversky is discharged from the army. Ever since the 5th round started, he’s a player who’s been struggling but I predict his departure will cause a huge impact on the team… In the next season, are you confident you can replace Oversky in leading the team’s zerg line?
- From the beginning, when I joined Ace, I thought the LEAST I would do is take responsibility for the zerg line and my feelings haven’t changed. Because I’ve been losing so much up till now, I haven’t been able to put those thoughts into practice, but when this round wraps up and the new season begins, I will definitely take responsibility. I believe there’s not much meaning in just saying it, so I will show my meaning through my results then.

During an interview with Oversky, he mentioned a player he would want on the team was the “God of War” July – is there a specific player you would want?
- It’s hard to say that I would want a certain player, but if it was July I would also welcome him warmly. Compared to other players, his style and mine complement each other, and if we practice together, I believe the results of synergy would show. However, if it’s a player who can be of aid to the team, I’d be happy with any player.

Honestly tell us whether you believe Ace can achieve 10 wins. The three matches you have left aren’t easy.
- I personally am like this, and I believe the team I’m part of and in general the people around me start to struggle as they get older, and this situation is no different. However in the 3 remaining games, I believe earning at least one win is no problem. Over the weekend in the match against MBCGame, I’m projected to play, and though I’m not playing in the match against Khan, because I believe all my teammates have the strength to win, I’m positive we will surpass 10 wins.

In the match against MBCGame, you’re playing Jaehoon. Do you have a strategy planned out to win?
- There is a strategy I’ve thought of. Knowing the race I’m playing, I’m hoping to refine my play even further in preparation.

You’ve become a Private.
- I’m personally very happy. However, besides that, I don’t believe anything else has really changed. I think more people have to join for me to feel that I’ve been promoted.

GoRush and Xellos are beneath you, as well as Ruby and DarkElf who have just joined. I’m curious as to how these lower ranks will be managed/taken care of.
- In GoRush and Xello’s cases, because I’m just one rank above them, there’s a lot I can say firsthand and we’re also getting along very well. For Ruby and DarkElf who are just joining, GoRush and Xellos will have to take care of them, and I believe that is also most appropriate. In terms of military discipline and team morale, the plan is to take care of the new players well to lead the team forward.

According to Oversky, he said you and Reach seem like you guys would be the toughest in controlling the new enlisted players – are you harsh against the newbies?
- I’m not the type of person to force people into doing things, but I think depending on the situation I do tend to follow military discipline. I believe that type of behavior is necessary in the army, and even now I am behaving that way. Even if I tend to follow military discipline, I believe doing that is the right thing to do.

SoNyuhShiDae came out with a new song.
- Just like anyone else, I like SoNyuhShiDae. So of course, I’ve listened to their new song. I have no expertise in music at all so it’s hard for me to evaluate their new song, so maybe it’s because I’m not used to it yet but as of now I like their older song Gee better.

Who do you like most?
- I like them all, but if I were forced to pick one I would pick Taeyeon and Jessica.

Anytime also likes Taeyeon.
- (startled) I have no intentions of competing against a senior for Taeyeon.

I know this is a senseless question so I’m sorry, but I believe this is the fun part of interviews like this so please bear with me~ What do you think of Wonder Girls’ debut in America?
- They debuted in America? I didn’t really know, but maybe I did hear a bit about it before… though I don’t know how much my view on it counts, because they were so successful in Korea, I’m thinking it wouldn't be surprising if they also do well in America.

If there is a goal you have before you’re discharged from Ace, please tell us.
- My ultimate goal is for the team to get into the playoffs. Though others may say it’s just a dream, more players will join in the future, and in terms of structure, if an organized practice system is set up I believe the team’s level will rise, so I believe it’s very much possible. In terms of individual leagues, my initial goal is to qualify through the prelims. Last time, I dropped out of both leagues so close to qualifying for both, and I don’t want to experience a similar regretful situation twice. I will definitely get through the prelims, and then I will set a new goal for myself then.

Thank you so much for this interview. Is there something you want to tell the fans?
- I always want to say thank you to you guys. No matter how much I say thank you though, it’s not enough. Whenever I see the fans' encouragement in the fan café or blog, because it looks best to not give up and keep working hard, I will show my willingness to do so. Though I often say that instead of the best I will try my best, by not giving up and showing ambition, I want to be a player who repays my fans’ anticipation. Also, when I first enlisted, I suffered a lot because I couldn’t play the game like I used to, but nowadays I’m earning wins and also rising in the team rankings so I believe I will be able to show better performances in the future. I ask for your continual support.

Because of personal circumstance, after next week, for about a month and a half, for the “We are curious about Ace~” interview, I will have to temporarily take a break. However, when I come back, I hope to be able to deliver news about Yellow’s 3, 4 wins~
I will definitely make sure I am able to do that.

[image loading]





Source: fomos.kr

Please let me know if you find mistakes!
Feedback welcome and appreciated!
Facebook Twitter Reddit
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
July 07 2009 03:38 GMT
#2
Let's go YellOw, show us what you're made of pretty boy!

Oddly enough, Jessica is probably my favorite from SNSD zomg
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
Kuja900
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3564 Posts
July 07 2009 03:39 GMT
#3
"During an interview with Oversky, he mentioned a player he would want on the team was the “God of War” July – is there a specific player you would want?"

Anyone have link to this inverview?

Ty for the translation.
OMG you nasty gurl
d3_crescentia
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4054 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-07 03:41:24
July 07 2009 03:40 GMT
#4
On July 07 2009 12:36 Smix wrote:
(startled) I have no intentions of competing against a senior for Taeyeon.


Hahaha, oh Yellow.

Thank you so much for the translation!
once, not long ago, there was a moon here
JIJIyO
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1957 Posts
July 07 2009 03:42 GMT
#5
Omg Hong Jin Ho interviewwwwww sick. Thanks Smix. Keke Bisu >=D
KT_Violet
MrHoon *
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
10183 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-07 03:49:22
July 07 2009 03:45 GMT
#6
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ = 콩까지마
Which can be translated (but it spills any direction) "DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT YELLOW"
it is a meme on the internet whenever someone even insults Yellow slightly everyone jumps on him saying "DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT YELLOW YOU FUCKING NOOB"

Scenario
Netizen
lol yellow sux
Netizen
GET THE FUCK OUT
Netizen
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ 쎄꺄 (DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT YELLOW YOU BITCH)
Netizen
ARE YOU SERIOUS? GET OUT
Netizen
GTFO
Netizen
YELLOW >>>>> BOXER GTFO
Netizen
YELLOW IS OUR HERO GTFO
Netizen
MASTER OF EVENT MATCHES YELLOW FUCK YEAH

it doesn't matter if Boxer pioneered and revolutionized Starcraft, in Korea, Yellow >>>> Boxer.
dats racist
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
July 07 2009 03:46 GMT
#7
An excellent read! I'm curious about ㅋㄲㅈㅁ as well.

Nice job Smix, and good luck to YellOw!
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
July 07 2009 03:47 GMT
#8
On July 07 2009 12:45 MrHoon wrote:
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ = 콩까지마
Which can be translated (but it spills any direction) "DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT YELLOW"
it is a meme on the internet whenever someone even insults Yellow slightly everyone jumps on him saying "DONT TALK SHIT ABOUT YELLOW YOU FUCKING NOOB"


Thanks MrHoon! Added to op
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
pubbanana
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3063 Posts
July 07 2009 03:48 GMT
#9
I'm so glad that YellOw never turned into a poker douchebag.
Wachet, stehet im Glauben, seid männlich und seid stark.
JIJIyO
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1957 Posts
July 07 2009 03:55 GMT
#10
Haha finished it. Cute interview. I liked the stuff about SNSD and lol at Yellow not wanting to compete with Anytime for Taeyeon. And I TOTALLY forgot about the all star matches, thanks for posting that pic Smix. Can't wait for that.
KT_Violet
Marine50
Profile Joined September 2007
Australia1764 Posts
July 07 2009 03:59 GMT
#11
Yellow is awesome
IRIS FIGHTING!!!
YPang
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States4024 Posts
July 07 2009 04:07 GMT
#12
can someone link to me the yellow vs bisu interview? :>
sMi.Gladstone | BW: B high| SC2: gold T_T
Ozarugold
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
2716 Posts
July 07 2009 04:17 GMT
#13
I love Yellow! I remember seeing him and Reach on Live Battle and it was soooo entertaining~

Thanks for the interview~
this is my quote.
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
July 07 2009 04:20 GMT
#14
Yay, epic Yellow interview!!! Thx for da translations!!!!

I know this is a senseless question so I’m sorry, but I believe this is the fun part of interviews like this so please bear with me~ What do you think of Wonder Girls’ debut in America?
- They debuted in America? I didn’t really know, but maybe I did hear a bit about it before… though I don’t know how much my view on it counts, because they were so successful in Korea, I’m thinking it wouldn't be surprising if they also do well in America.


About this.... I highly doubt it'll be any successful... I already listened to their English version of Nobody and oh god... wow.....

maybe it's b/c I have such high standards for things...
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
FranzF1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile1710 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-07 04:51:36
July 07 2009 04:50 GMT
#15
HONG JIN HO! HONG JIN HO!
omfg he is going to win that tournament and then win the OSL for the first time and the world will end with the ultimate STORM!
Go Ace go Yellow!


edit: Thx for the translation... i love all the TL people with stars =P
Member #99999^99 of the fanclub of Grape, Reality and TurN
fnaticNoname
Profile Joined January 2008
India858 Posts
July 07 2009 04:54 GMT
#16
Really enjoyed reading that, good job
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
July 07 2009 04:58 GMT
#17
I love you YellOw
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
stafu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1196 Posts
July 07 2009 04:58 GMT
#18
Really awesome translation! Thank you so much.
Perguvious
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1783 Posts
July 07 2009 05:04 GMT
#19
lol yellow sux
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
July 07 2009 05:05 GMT
#20
On July 07 2009 13:07 YPang wrote:
can someone link to me the yellow vs bisu interview? :>


There wasn't a formal post-game interview (I believe..) but fomos released an extensive article on the "ㅋㄲㅈㅁ" incident MrHoon describes above ^. I'm thinking of translating it...
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 503
BRAT_OK 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30717
Bisu 2666
Shuttle 1601
Hyuk 1083
EffOrt 845
Mini 729
Soma 412
Larva 406
ZerO 242
firebathero 234
[ Show more ]
hero 139
Sexy 57
Hyun 47
Mong 43
Pusan 37
PianO 36
Trap 36
Killer 33
ToSsGirL 30
Aegong 23
Hm[arnc] 17
sorry 16
Terrorterran 16
zelot 16
Rock 13
JulyZerg 13
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
Bale 1
Dota 2
Gorgc9166
qojqva1744
Dendi870
Counter-Strike
fl0m3150
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1368
crisheroes1051
Liquid`Hasu569
Other Games
singsing2054
B2W.Neo1035
Beastyqt662
Mlord326
Hui .230
Livibee197
Liquid`VortiX141
ArmadaUGS118
KnowMe106
elazer81
Mew2King73
CosmosSc2 16
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 56
• StrangeGG 32
• mYiSmile120
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7693
League of Legends
• Jankos1730
Other Games
• WagamamaTV215
• Shiphtur211
Upcoming Events
FEL
17m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 17m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 17m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 17m
INu's Battles
20h 17m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.