• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:49
CEST 22:49
KST 05:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8585 users

[Photos] I Hate LOOX (MSL Selection Night 1/2.)

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-12 12:00:32
June 12 2009 11:58 GMT
#1
So it's pretty widely known (thanks to my numerous bitch fests on IRC.) that I loathe LOOX MBC Hero Centre with an all-consuming and furious passion. It's mainly because of the horrendous layout of the studio itself, but also because the lighting is based upon these weird sky patterned panels (aside from some dim over-head lighting above the benches.) hence even the crew of Fomos with their $2000 cameras struggle - for me the place is un-usable and I instead live at OGN's far superior studio in Yongsan.

Having said all this and with profuse apologies for the shit quality of these photos I did end up working the event which is a perpetual disaster for me - I've missed it several times due to work commitments in the past and last season - well lets just say my assistant and I didn't stay for the whole abysmal thing.

This year was no exception and around half way through I conceeded defeat to LOOX and sat down with my Mum who was sporting FBH-style shades and finding it all fascinating despite not knowing a bit of Korean.

It was worth going to see the excellent ceremonies perpetuated by Nada, UpMagic, Hiya, a highly embarrased Free and the totally-unexpected-down-right-shockingly-wicked Pure.

Nada looked like a vampire in every single shot I took of him - I was too busy scraping my jaw off of the floor and trying to reconcile the man I've met with such a strangely alluring display of dancing prowess.

So, in conclusion - Sorry for these photos, don't flame me. Flame whoever designed LOOX.

GG LOOX, gg. I'll get you next year.

(Note: Some shots are clearer and carry a different look because they were taken using a weird technique called 'NeverGG holds down the flash hood and tries not to drop her camera.' God I can't wait to get my Speedlite flash -_-.)

[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


Bonus:

I accidentally whacked the contrast up to max whilst editing. Nada ended up with a cute Pokemon kind of expression. O.o

[image loading]


우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
Zalfor
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States1035 Posts
June 12 2009 12:07 GMT
#2
NADA so baler
555, kthxbai
alexpnd
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1857 Posts
June 12 2009 12:11 GMT
#3
cool!
www.brainyweb.ca //web stuff!
genryou
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Malaysia390 Posts
June 12 2009 12:14 GMT
#4
Nada look stylish with his jeans and black shirt. Nice job.
I, Challenge Everything
GoSu
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Korea (South)1773 Posts
June 12 2009 12:17 GMT
#5
I really love going to LOOX (even if Yongsan Stadium is better). Maybe LOOX is not a really big studio but anyway, it's pleasure to go there.
#1 olleh KT 팬 http://sports.kt.com/ | #1 김택용 선수 팬 | 좋은 선수: 송병구, 이제동, 도제욱, 정명훈, 이성은 | KeSPA 한국 e-Sports 협회
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
June 12 2009 12:21 GMT
#6
On June 12 2009 21:17 [M]ToaD wrote:
I really love going to LOOX (even if Yongsan Stadium is better). Maybe LOOX is not a really big studio but anyway, it's pleasure to go there.


I think I hate it for the following reasons:

~ It's nigh on impossible to photograph well even from press positions (which I use.) It's also laid out so it's very difficult to shoot the right side players at proleague without kneeling in a very awkward position infront of the front row of the audience.

~ The two main pillars blocked all view of the benched players - it feels as though the audience/players cannot connect on a fun level like at OGN's studio because they're all hidden away.

~ The lack of anything fun to do in the mall. It's nice in the break between events to go and buy a book or have lunch. At LOOX you have to trek to Home Mart or make do with squeezing past the entire Hite team to get a sandwich from the GS25 down stairs.

~ The press room is much bigger than OGN's and very nicely equipped with a steady net connection. That's a plus at least.

~ I have very, very fond memories of my pre-photographer days spent at COEX's old MBC Centre. Nothing can compare to those when it comes to MBC venues.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
kaleidoscope
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Singapore2887 Posts
June 12 2009 12:24 GMT
#7
Nice photos! Much looks pretty bad in that photo lol
대지따라 돌린게 시간이다.. 흘러가고 돌아오지도 않고..
GoSu
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Korea (South)1773 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-12 12:26:10
June 12 2009 12:25 GMT
#8
On June 12 2009 21:21 NeverGG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2009 21:17 [M]ToaD wrote:
I really love going to LOOX (even if Yongsan Stadium is better). Maybe LOOX is not a really big studio but anyway, it's pleasure to go there.


I think I hate it for the following reasons:

~ It's nigh on impossible to photograph well even from press positions (which I use.) It's also laid out so it's very difficult to shoot the right side players at proleague without kneeling in a very awkward position infront of the front row of the audience.

~ The two main pillars blocked all view of the benched players - it feels as though the audience/players cannot connect on a fun level like at OGN's studio because they're all hidden away.

~ The lack of anything fun to do in the mall. It's nice in the break between events to go and buy a book or have lunch. At LOOX you have to trek to Home Mart or make do with squeezing past the entire Hite team to get a sandwich from the GS25 down stairs.

~ The press room is much bigger than OGN's and very nicely equipped with a steady net connection. That's a plus at least.

~ I have very, very fond memories of my pre-photographer days spent at COEX's old MBC Centre. Nothing can compare to those when it comes to MBC venues.


I understand you NeverGG for these reasons indeed. You have a little restaurant just in front of the STX SouL 연습실. You can eat kimbap, buy soda/water, then Icecream too. It's not too bad.
But for your shoots, I think yes... it's not like at Yongsan... ㅠ.ㅠ
#1 olleh KT 팬 http://sports.kt.com/ | #1 김택용 선수 팬 | 좋은 선수: 송병구, 이제동, 도제욱, 정명훈, 이성은 | KeSPA 한국 e-Sports 협회
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
June 12 2009 12:27 GMT
#9
On June 12 2009 21:25 [M]ToaD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2009 21:21 NeverGG wrote:
On June 12 2009 21:17 [M]ToaD wrote:
I really love going to LOOX (even if Yongsan Stadium is better). Maybe LOOX is not a really big studio but anyway, it's pleasure to go there.


I think I hate it for the following reasons:

~ It's nigh on impossible to photograph well even from press positions (which I use.) It's also laid out so it's very difficult to shoot the right side players at proleague without kneeling in a very awkward position infront of the front row of the audience.

~ The two main pillars blocked all view of the benched players - it feels as though the audience/players cannot connect on a fun level like at OGN's studio because they're all hidden away.

~ The lack of anything fun to do in the mall. It's nice in the break between events to go and buy a book or have lunch. At LOOX you have to trek to Home Mart or make do with squeezing past the entire Hite team to get a sandwich from the GS25 down stairs.

~ The press room is much bigger than OGN's and very nicely equipped with a steady net connection. That's a plus at least.

~ I have very, very fond memories of my pre-photographer days spent at COEX's old MBC Centre. Nothing can compare to those when it comes to MBC venues.


I understand you NeverGG for these reasons indeed. You have a little restaurant just in front of the STX SouL 연습실. You can eat kimbap, buy soda/water, then Icecream too. It's not too bad.
But for your shoots, I think yes... it's not like at Yongsan... ㅠ.ㅠ


Yeah - that place is kind of handy, but I refuse to visit LOOX except for special events such as this or if I'm called in to do work for eSTRO/STX or MBC Heroes. I also miss bumping into Yeongchul (Thezerg) there - we had some nice chats before he left.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
stafu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1196 Posts
June 12 2009 12:27 GMT
#10
Anyone happen to know what brand/style those jeans NaDa wore are? Unlikely I know, but seriously, probably the best looking jeans I've seen for a long while.
meathook
Profile Joined December 2007
1289 Posts
June 12 2009 13:03 GMT
#11
Nada transcends the uniform!
An ugly planet. A bug planet.
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
June 12 2009 13:41 GMT
#12
:D
nice work kc as always
no flash
loox dosent seam that bad btw
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
Kerotan
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
England2111 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-12 13:51:36
June 12 2009 13:51 GMT
#13
I love your shots of Yum Bo Sung especially this one.

[image loading]


Shame about the stray elbow.
Nerdette // External revolution - Internal revolution // Fabulous // I raise my hands to heaven of curiosity // I don't know what to ask for // What has it got for me? // Kerribear
Hammy
Profile Joined January 2009
France828 Posts
June 12 2009 13:54 GMT
#14
Those pics are amazing :x This is my favorite batch by far actually! Everyone looks so badass (except Free haha^^). Savior looks kind of silly with his haircut, but all the other players look awesome.
Did Nada turn into a Korean pop singer over night? : )
QuickStriker
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3694 Posts
June 12 2009 13:54 GMT
#15
Still nice shots and photos as always NeverGG! Although I havent been to LOOX myself when I was at Korea, I definitely enjoyed Yongsan much more than LOOX when looking thru TV, better quality, stream and etc. So I understand, if I have the chance to go to a match once more, I would go for Yongsan over LOOX (despite not going there)... anyway, GJ!
www.twitch.tv/KoreanUsher
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
June 12 2009 14:03 GMT
#16
Nada looks baller. Savior looks awesome.
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
ghostWriter
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3302 Posts
June 12 2009 16:52 GMT
#17
Rofl
"The Athlete's Foot"
Sullifam
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
June 12 2009 17:23 GMT
#18
I think most of these shots turned out pretty well actually NeverGG - I really love the second pictures of NaDa and Fantasy in particular. Thanks for these!
✌
FuRRie
Profile Joined February 2009
Belgium815 Posts
June 12 2009 17:28 GMT
#19
I must say, the pictures did turn out pretty good.
Mancrush @ Nada = gogo :p
G0dly
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States450 Posts
June 12 2009 19:06 GMT
#20
Yeah I think these shots turned out really good despite it all.
The Emperor - The Genius - The Cheater - The Maestro
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O90
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason158
BRAT_OK 45
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15982
Artosis 931
ZZZero.O 90
Hyun 42
NaDa 26
Bale 23
League of Legends
Doublelift3615
JimRising 417
Counter-Strike
Fnx 850
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6168
Other Games
summit1g7790
FrodaN2394
B2W.Neo658
ToD249
KnowMe181
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1457
BasetradeTV263
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 53
• StrangeGG 44
• Adnapsc2 25
• musti20045 12
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• blackmanpl 5
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1190
• Shiphtur199
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 11m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
14h 11m
Monday Night Weeklies
19h 11m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 14h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.