• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:46
CEST 22:46
KST 05:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7310 users

[Manga] One Piece

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 1662 1663 1664 Next
This is a thread that is dedicated to discussing One Piece. Do not read this thread if you are not currently caught up as there are spoilers in here.

If an episode or a chapter has already been officially released, then it is not necessary to post using spoilers.

If you have knowledge on a chapter that has not been officially released yet, do NOT post it in this thread. Ignoring this public note will result in a mod action.
Conquest101
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1395 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-21 01:18:33
March 21 2009 01:17 GMT
#1
Ok, so I was reading through the Bleach thread and someone mentioned the lack of a One Piece thread, so I figured I'd create one. Of the three "main" shounen titles, One Piece is by far my favorite.
It's obviously not the greatest manga ever, but it's enjoyable, amusing, and light-hearted and almost always a fun read.

Obviously expect spoilers if you're gonna read this thread.

+ Show Spoiler +
HAKI! Not sure how I feel about it thus far. It's like Luffy with Haki = cool, everyone else with Haki = meh. Some werido guy showed up. Bon-chan aka Mr. 2 is still fricking awesome.
liger13
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States1060 Posts
March 21 2009 01:39 GMT
#2
i think there's good reason for the lack of one piece threads...
I feel like pwning noobs
xxsaznpride
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States506 Posts
March 21 2009 01:42 GMT
#3
Why can't people discuss anime on anime-discussing websites?

Leave TL to Starcraft, please.
“Life is too short to embrace a woman I don’t love. I also think a woman’s life is too short to be embraced by a man she doesn’t love.” | CSGO: Cure Moonlight
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
March 21 2009 01:47 GMT
#4
On March 21 2009 10:42 xxsaznpride wrote:
Why can't people discuss anime on anime-discussing websites?

Leave TL to Starcraft, please.


yeah man, every thread should be about starcraft.
who cares that there are forums with giant labels of "Broodwar" and "Starcraft 2" and "Tourneys" - etc etc - and GENERAL
xxsaznpride
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States506 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-21 01:53:05
March 21 2009 01:51 GMT
#5
On March 21 2009 10:47 travis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2009 10:42 xxsaznpride wrote:
Why can't people discuss anime on anime-discussing websites?

Leave TL to Starcraft, please.


yeah man, every thread should be about starcraft.
who cares that there are forums with giant labels of "Broodwar" and "Starcraft 2" and "Tourneys" - etc etc - and GENERAL


Hell ya... but sarcasm doesn't get through as well in text, apparently =\.



~
Waiting for Daz Boris to start kicking ass again.
“Life is too short to embrace a woman I don’t love. I also think a woman’s life is too short to be embraced by a man she doesn’t love.” | CSGO: Cure Moonlight
naonao
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States847 Posts
March 21 2009 02:13 GMT
#6
imo one piece is my favorite manga of the three. It's more light-hearted and amusing and i feel that it is much more creative and original.

+ Show Spoiler +
Don't die luffy!
SaveYourSavior
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1071 Posts
March 21 2009 02:32 GMT
#7
if you guys read the manga or see the real manga and not the horrifying 4kids version you would probably change your stance on One Piece.

It is by far the best Shounen Manga probably of all time. Some of the bad arcs are sort of meh but even the bad arcs outclass some animes out there (Bleach) I personally like Hunter x Hunter a little better but One Piece is always a good read.

+ Show Spoiler +
nothing much to say about this current week, they just find the cross-dressing lady who will heal luffy
a
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
March 21 2009 02:41 GMT
#8
I used to "hate" One Piece before I actually watched it. Now its one of my favorite animes.

+ Show Spoiler +
Luffy with Haki is alright, along with I guess a few of them with Haki, but... I just hope that "Haki" doesn't turn the show too much into DBZ. It started getting close to DBZ type stuff towards the end of Enies Lobby, but still kept its One Piece flavor. But I guess that the creators had to come up with someway for people like Luffy to fight people with Logia-type devil fruits.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
March 21 2009 02:58 GMT
#9
HxH would be sooooooo good if he didn't keep taking breaks. WTF is that.

Anyway, OP manga = awesome. I don't watch any anime anymore really. OP is definitely my fav over naruto and bleach.

+ Show Spoiler +
In any case, I want to honestly see what the other chars are doing right now.

Oda said this current arc is gonna take a year or thereabouts.. so Luffy may not be healed for while unless he's actually gonna depict whitebeard and some of the war or whatever else is supposed to happen if Luffy doesn't succeed in freeing Ace.

Will be fun to see how it turns out though. Luffy won't die.... although his rubber may become vulcanized. We'll see....
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
lesser_good
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Canada698 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-21 03:32:52
March 21 2009 03:30 GMT
#10
On March 21 2009 10:39 liger13 wrote:
i think there's good reason for the lack of one piece threads...

thanks for letting all of us know :D
pew pew
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
March 21 2009 03:30 GMT
#11
On March 21 2009 11:58 eshlow wrote:
HxH would be sooooooo good if he didn't keep taking breaks. WTF is that.

Anyway, OP manga = awesome. I don't watch any anime anymore really. OP is definitely my fav over naruto and bleach.

+ Show Spoiler +
In any case, I want to honestly see what the other chars are doing right now.

Oda said this current arc is gonna take a year or thereabouts.. so Luffy may not be healed for while unless he's actually gonna depict whitebeard and some of the war or whatever else is supposed to happen if Luffy doesn't succeed in freeing Ace.

Will be fun to see how it turns out though. Luffy won't die.... although his rubber may become vulcanized. We'll see....

A year? That seems like a really long time. How long was the Water7/CP arc? If its a year, that would make it one of the longest arcs in the series, wouldn't it? I just don't want things to get stale with a dragged out arc. But then again, this is One Piece, and OP really doesn't know how to drag things out to the point of stagnation.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Conquest101
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1395 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-21 03:34:54
March 21 2009 03:34 GMT
#12
Water 7 + Enies Lobby, if you're lumping them together is BY FAR the longest arc thus far. Over 100 chapters IIRC, so like 2 years.

1 year isn't really that long when talking about a manga like One Piece. It's just 50 chapters, but it FEELS hecka long. Still, one chapter a week is better than manga like Claymore, which fucking kills me with the month long waits.
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
March 21 2009 04:05 GMT
#13
I see. Up until recently I had only been watching the Anime, but when told by a friend that "huge plot stuff happens soon", I got impatient and read ahead. I also got into One Piece rather late (watched a shit load of episodes one after another), so I guess " one year" just sounds like a long time.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-21 23:59:38
March 21 2009 23:58 GMT
#14
On March 21 2009 13:05 Sentenal wrote:
I see. Up until recently I had only been watching the Anime, but when told by a friend that "huge plot stuff happens soon", I got impatient and read ahead. I also got into One Piece rather late (watched a shit load of episodes one after another), so I guess " one year" just sounds like a long time.


I read ~520 chapters of the manga in a week.

This is what happens when you get bored of waiting for other chapters to come out so you binge read another series. On the upside, OP is much better than the other series (Naruto, Bleach, etc.) I was reading. I definitely look forward to it the most of any of the manga I am reading currently.

And yeah about ~50 chaps for this current arc. We've already had about ~10 from when Hancock took Luffy to Impel Down. I'm pretty much expecting Luffy to get healed... learn about his "power up" and *probably* free Ace or at least fight in the incoming probable war for Ace's life. 40 chaps is still a lot in terms of what can happen though.

For reference the Moria/Thriller Bark arc was pretty much ~48-50 chapters. So it's going to be about that long. On the downside, I think the TB arc was the worst arc of the series... hated it, lol.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
IzzyCraft
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4487 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-22 00:01:25
March 22 2009 00:00 GMT
#15
On March 22 2009 08:58 eshlow wrote:
I read ~520 chapters of the manga in a week.

So you read the ebullient of a like a 150 page book at best in terms of text lol.
I have ass for brains so,
even when I shit I'm droping knowledge.
lesser_good
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Canada698 Posts
March 22 2009 00:11 GMT
#16
On March 22 2009 09:00 IzzyCraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2009 08:58 eshlow wrote:
I read ~520 chapters of the manga in a week.

So you read the ebullient of a like a 150 page book at best in terms of text lol.

lol probably more then that. 150 page book = 2hours MAX. im pretty sure its imposible to read 520 manga chapters in 2 hours
pew pew
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-22 00:38:17
March 22 2009 00:37 GMT
#17
On March 22 2009 09:00 IzzyCraft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2009 08:58 eshlow wrote:
I read ~520 chapters of the manga in a week.

So you read the ebullient of a like a 150 page book at best in terms of text lol.


It depends on how much you want to understand what's going on. It's not just about reading the text but also understand what's going on in the pictures and going back to previous images if you need to. There's also subtle stuff, heh.

If you take 5 mins per chapter... decent amount to understand well... it's 43.33 hrs to do that much. Probably averaged like 2-4 mins per chap though.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
March 22 2009 04:59 GMT
#18
On March 22 2009 08:58 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2009 13:05 Sentenal wrote:
I see. Up until recently I had only been watching the Anime, but when told by a friend that "huge plot stuff happens soon", I got impatient and read ahead. I also got into One Piece rather late (watched a shit load of episodes one after another), so I guess " one year" just sounds like a long time.


I read ~520 chapters of the manga in a week.

This is what happens when you get bored of waiting for other chapters to come out so you binge read another series. On the upside, OP is much better than the other series (Naruto, Bleach, etc.) I was reading. I definitely look forward to it the most of any of the manga I am reading currently.

And yeah about ~50 chaps for this current arc. We've already had about ~10 from when Hancock took Luffy to Impel Down. I'm pretty much expecting Luffy to get healed... learn about his "power up" and *probably* free Ace or at least fight in the incoming probable war for Ace's life. 40 chaps is still a lot in terms of what can happen though.

For reference the Moria/Thriller Bark arc was pretty much ~48-50 chapters. So it's going to be about that long. On the downside, I think the TB arc was the worst arc of the series... hated it, lol.

I didn't think Thriller Bark was that bad, it just got off to a really slow start. The latter half of it was fine, though.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Conquest101
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1395 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-03-26 23:41:36
March 26 2009 23:41 GMT
#19
Chapter 537 is out already. Pretty early this week.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/537/

All I can say is......

+ Show Spoiler +
HAHAHAHA, wtf? Okamas, man->chick, etc. Luffy getting healed is some weird way (probable power-up incoming).
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
March 27 2009 00:40 GMT
#20
On March 27 2009 08:41 Conquest101 wrote:
Chapter 537 is out already. Pretty early this week.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/537/

All I can say is......

+ Show Spoiler +
HAHAHAHA, wtf? Okamas, man->chick, etc. Luffy getting healed is some weird way (probable power-up incoming).


The whole chapter was "wtf" for me.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
1 2 3 4 5 1662 1663 1664 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 483
UpATreeSC 105
JuggernautJason30
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 701
Dewaltoss 118
firebathero 95
Zeus 71
Trap 41
910 30
Bale 27
ToSsGirL 23
NaDa 21
Dota 2
monkeys_forever279
Counter-Strike
edward145
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS121
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4118
Liquid`Hasu2070
Other Games
summit1g6006
byalli481
shahzam424
ToD245
C9.Mang0171
KnowMe140
Chillindude24
Trikslyr24
Railgan17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV233
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream162
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 64
• Adnapsc2 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• Azhi_Dahaki26
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur335
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 14m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 14m
Stellar Fest
16h 14m
Stellar Fest
16h 14m
Stellar Fest
16h 14m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.