• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:08
CEST 09:08
KST 16:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8099 users

New FPVods

Blogs > Oystein
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Oystein
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Norway1602 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-30 12:45:56
January 29 2009 14:53 GMT
#1
So yesterday I made a new FPVod and once again its a PvT, but this time on the map Colosseum at the B- rank at iccup. This time its a standard game vs a T who takes a quick third and my thoughts on how to beat a T that waits for heavy upgrades and a huge ball before rolling out.

Last time a lot of people complained about my voice, but hopefully it will be better this time around. (Feedback wanted)

If you want specific build orders watching my play is probably not the best idea since I never really use the same BO`s after the 25-30~ supply, I will add gates\expos ect at different timings in each game and most of the time just play on a sort of feel. This is probably a big flaw in my game and something I am thinking about starting to work on. So if you want the BO for this game you can watch the rep : http://www.repdepot.net/replay.php?id=7307

As usual I ended up not talking about all the stuff I wanted to, especially about when to recall.

So here is the VOD : http://files.filefront.com/PvTcollowmv/;13128694;/fileinfo.html

As always any feedback is appreciated!

Hope you enjoy it.

Edit :
So I just made another FPVod tonight that I might aswell put in this blog. This time its a ZvT@colosseum from the B- rank @ iccup. A game where I do a lot of micromistakes, but overcome the disadvantage by using mobility and good decision making to get myself back in the game.

Anyway here is the game : http://files.filefront.com/ZvTcolloseumwmv/;13137803;/fileinfo.html

And here is the rep : http://repdepot.net/replay.php?id=7317

Edit : Youtube link for the PvT game


****
God Hates a Coward
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-29 14:56:28
January 29 2009 14:55 GMT
#2
Haven't watched it yet, but I liked your voice! You have that sophisticated accent haha.

Just one thing, though, is that the Arbiter spell is pronounced "stay-siss" field instead of "stay-tiss".

I'm probably going to have to wait until it's uploaded onto the youtube account before I can watch it, though, but I really liked your earlier FPVods like the one on Destination :D

EDIT: I mean I liked your voice in the earlier one I watched. I don't know why people complain about it. Especially since probably no one who complained about it could put together a coherent sentence in Norwegian.
Moderator
Splunge
Profile Joined July 2008
Germany925 Posts
January 29 2009 16:56 GMT
#3
Thx really mutch.. i really enjoy watching your vods. Your voice was good.
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
January 29 2009 17:26 GMT
#4
Nice i'll watch. But hey i think you need to compress it abit harder. 300MB is very big imo. What programs do you use? You have anyone that can help you?
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
ZerG~LegenD
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Sweden1179 Posts
January 29 2009 17:43 GMT
#5
On January 30 2009 02:26 AnOth3rDAy wrote:
Nice i'll watch. But hey i think you need to compress it abit harder. 300MB is very big imo. What programs do you use? You have anyone that can help you?

What program did you use? Mine are even larger, though I mostly only watch them myself.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day
Oystein
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Norway1602 Posts
January 29 2009 18:00 GMT
#6
On January 30 2009 02:26 AnOth3rDAy wrote:
Nice i'll watch. But hey i think you need to compress it abit harder. 300MB is very big imo. What programs do you use? You have anyone that can help you?


I use camtasia for recording, virtualdub for compressing, audacity to record commentary and Windows movie maker to put it all together. I pretty much know nothing about any of the programs and all I do is trying to remember what the guy who first learned me how to use it told me to do when compressing. The audiomaking and putting together into a videofile with audio is all self learned so there is probably lots of things I can do different, but I just dont know how

The video file itself after compressing was 176mb and the audio file 20mb so I have no clue why the file itself is 300mb, and like I said I really have no idea how to use these programs.
God Hates a Coward
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
January 29 2009 18:21 GMT
#7
hehe, you can add commentary in camtasia stuidos, and put it all together in virtual dub. So you're basically using 4 programs when you only need 2.
Im abit busy atm but ill send you a pm of my msn or ventrilo and maybe i vcan help you out. I just learned how to do it, I can probably get better quality than i have right now but its decent and the files arent that big so its pretty good.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
HiOT
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Sweden1000 Posts
January 29 2009 19:03 GMT
#8
camtasia is baaaad, if you have a good computer use GUNCAM amazing quality and small files i use it to see my flaws in my game and improve
Officially the founder of Team Property (:
theqat
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States2856 Posts
January 29 2009 20:14 GMT
#9
Here's a free program you can try to replace Camtasia/Hypercam/anything you have to pay for: http://camstudio.org/
Racenilatr
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States2756 Posts
January 29 2009 20:22 GMT
#10
You can't use camstudio to record starcraft. Thank you alot Oystein! I really needed an explanation like this for the type of strategy T uses on colo I kept losing to it but now im confident I can beat it. Also what is your compression quality? 300mbs is a dam lot for an fpvod
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
January 29 2009 20:49 GMT
#11
Downloading now! Thanks for this Oystein!
✌
MasterZilla
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
Sweden234 Posts
January 29 2009 20:56 GMT
#12
Great VOD, thanks
For Aiur! - If you reach for the stars and miss, you still might end up walking among the clouds.
Dgtl
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada889 Posts
January 29 2009 20:58 GMT
#13
I wish you could release more VODs, I love them so much!
^______________^
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
January 29 2009 21:49 GMT
#14
Thanks again for the FPVods, they are great!
We make signature, then defense it.
Psyqo
Profile Joined November 2007
United States401 Posts
January 29 2009 23:58 GMT
#15
Good show.
ColdLava
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Canada1673 Posts
January 30 2009 01:08 GMT
#16
Awesommme vod :D Thanks
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
January 30 2009 02:33 GMT
#17
Just watched...wow he killed that probe so many times T_____T

Nice macro though, for sure won you this game. One thing I kept wondering: it seemed you had plenty of gas early in the game, why not start all your upgrades earlier to try to keep up with his?
✌
Oystein
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Norway1602 Posts
January 30 2009 03:09 GMT
#18
So I just made another FPVod tonight that I might aswell put in this blog. This time its a ZvT@colosseum from the B- rank @ iccup. A game where I do a lot of micromistakes, but overcome the disadvantage by using mobility and good decision making to get myself back in the game.

This time I realized I could actually put how big I wanted the file to be from windows movie maker, so its just 134mb this time with a pretty decent quality, but I think I could make them even more compressed in the future.

It dont seem like its possible to stream the movie right now, but hopefully that will change but I have no idea how filefront makes videos streaming.

Anyway here is the game : http://files.filefront.com/ZvTcolloseumwmv/;13137803;/fileinfo.html

And here is the rep : http://repdepot.net/replay.php?id=7317
God Hates a Coward
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-30 05:35:09
January 30 2009 05:33 GMT
#19
Don't use WMM to combine the video and audio, it recompresses the video. You can probably just add the audio in VirtualDub.

I think Merz has the highest quality video in his FPVODs, so maybe ask him what settings/programs to use.

Added an 's' to the thread title btw
Administrator
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
January 30 2009 06:34 GMT
#20
cant playing zerg itself be called overcomming micro mistakes?
i mean, i just throw units away half the time. i dont think ill ever get to 100% of unit effectivness. zerg is macro to make up for micro.

nice work man!!
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4853
Leta 1852
Shuttle 1725
BeSt 394
Soma 123
Soulkey 63
ZergMaN 57
sorry 43
Shine 33
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
JimRising 609
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King50
Other Games
summit1g8211
WinterStarcraft668
Sick210
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2273
League of Legends
• Rush1157
• Lourlo1102
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 52m
Patches Events
7h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 52m
OSC
15h 52m
OSC
1d 4h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.