• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:41
CEST 10:41
KST 17:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7707 users

New OGN Site Feature

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
January 09 2009 11:24 GMT
#1
Disclaimer: This will not work if you cannot make an account (requires a Korean social security number).

I am not sure if people are aware, but www.ongamenet.com recently got a redesign. Along with the redesign, they decided to stop charging people for their live stream. This means that if you can make an account, you can watch OGN as much as you want, in good quality widescreen.

Go make some Korean friends now.
ModeratorGodfather
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
January 09 2009 11:41 GMT
#2
I always thought PlayPle, which provides, VOD/Live OGN, was operated by OGN. I haven't used it in near weeks because I have horrible internet but others have succeed with it. It's free and requires a Korean SSN or Foreigner ID number.
Stuck.
Mandalor
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Germany2362 Posts
January 09 2009 11:44 GMT
#3
Can someone tell me why korean websites pretty much always require ssn? Is it for age verification or what? I can't think of anything else.
Agavond
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
448 Posts
January 09 2009 11:44 GMT
#4
I need a Korean S.S., this is like a fat kid at pizza hut with no money.
O.oSins Since Op Cal
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-09 11:47:47
January 09 2009 11:45 GMT
#5
On January 09 2009 20:41 Wala.Revolution wrote:
I always thought PlayPle, which provides, VOD/Live OGN, was operated by OGN. I haven't used it in near weeks because I have horrible internet but others have succeed with it. It's free and requires a Korean SSN or Foreigner ID number.


They integrated playple into the ogn website. Before it was different and you had to pay on the site. (This could have happened anytime in the last 3-4 months). I don't / didn't know about playple before. (If it has existed for a long time and I have been paying money needlessly to OGN all these years, I will be choked )
ModeratorGodfather
GinNtoniC
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Sweden2945 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-09 11:51:00
January 09 2009 11:49 GMT
#6
What!? I need to call a korean friend asap.
This is such a wonderful feature!

I'd even accept the same feature for 20-30 bucks a month.
Huge fan of JulyZerg, HonestTea and that guy Kim Taek Yong.
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
January 09 2009 11:55 GMT
#7
Hohoooooo, time to call up a Korean friend and get a translation
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
January 09 2009 12:00 GMT
#8
On January 09 2009 20:45 Manifesto7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2009 20:41 Wala.Revolution wrote:
I always thought PlayPle, which provides, VOD/Live OGN, was operated by OGN. I haven't used it in near weeks because I have horrible internet but others have succeed with it. It's free and requires a Korean SSN or Foreigner ID number.


They integrated playple into the ogn website. Before it was different and you had to pay on the site. (This could have happened anytime in the last 3-4 months). I don't / didn't know about playple before. (If it has existed for a long time and I have been paying money needlessly to OGN all these years, I will be choked )


Oh shit Mani, I'm sorry for you. I think I told about 3-5 people how to watch on playple so far; I didn't advertise openly because I'd get a stampede of PMs and it required a Korean SSN. I usually put one post in each LR I did on sending me for free, high quality streams (when I was in Korea).

Here was the original guide: it may be of some use; I'll check out OGN after school.

+ Show Spoiler +
Install Korean.

First go to playple.com

Next to WHITE login on top-left corner, there should be three options. The left one and the middle one has a space, and the third one shouldn't. Click that one.

There should be three options once the page loads. Click the left one saying 14X XX XXX.

Now two long license and agreement form should be seen. Highlight the left one (I agree) for both. Under them, there is space to input Korean name and SSN.

Put name in the top box, with no space and then put Korean SSN in. Make sure the first two number of SSN is lower than 94. After inputting name and SSN, click the red box next to SSN box. It will verify the name and SSN.

Note that if you aquired the name and SSN from the internet, it most likely wouldn't work. Either continuously repeat the process, or get it from a Korean.

Well, since I already used my SSN, I can't access the next page. From what I remember, the first one is for ID, second one for nickname. Both of them have to be checked for registeration. Then it's password and repeat passworld.

After you have to put in name of a prefecture. Copy and put in one of the following, and there should be a list generated. Click the top one.

방이동
동부이촌동
역삼동
흑석동

Now it's phone number and cell phone number. For the first one, leave the area code to 02 and fabricate a phone number, and do the same for the cell phone number. I think that's all you need, maybe an email address.

If I was correct and you did it correctly, congratulations!

If not, oh well go ask another Korean.

Oh also to watch live stream IF you successfully registered, go to playple.com

Put in ID and password.

Press enter.

On the bottom right corner without there should be a blue patch(?) that says "LIVE" and "ch." in yellow and white respectively. That will open a new page.

Now there should be a button XXXX and a play button next to it (next to skyblue "ongamenet"). IIRC I didn't install anything. The stream should pop up~!

Happy streams.
Stuck.
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
January 09 2009 12:02 GMT
#9
Koreans use SSN for verification, but it's so useless. I know people who have minimum of 5 SSN, from his parents to random ones on the internet. Usually they use SSN+phone number, but since most teenagers have phones and parents don't know what charge is what on the bill, they basically have no limitation on sotes (just like US on porn sites lol).
Stuck.
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
January 09 2009 12:03 GMT
#10
Playple was around since, early 2008? Hope you didn't pay that much Mani.
Stuck.
renegade_zerg
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Korea (South)525 Posts
January 09 2009 12:04 GMT
#11
On January 09 2009 20:44 Mandalor wrote:
Can someone tell me why korean websites pretty much always require ssn? Is it for age verification or what? I can't think of anything else.


i think they require a korean ssn for bandwidth control.
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
January 09 2009 12:08 GMT
#12
On January 09 2009 21:03 Wala.Revolution wrote:
Playple was around since, early 2008? Hope you didn't pay that much Mani.


Nono, i've been paying since 2003 so no big deal. I almost didn't post this because I felt sorry for everyone with "south korea" beside their nick, but if people can get access I thought it was worth it =\
ModeratorGodfather
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8181 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-01-09 13:07:39
January 09 2009 13:03 GMT
#13
So I'm trying to signup... got past the SSN... but it won't let me put in a fucking zip code! It brings up a "zip code search" and no matter what I type in (zip code.. address... whatever) nothing comes up!

Can anyone help?

This is the picture telling me what to do at the step...I put in a zip but nothing happens. It loads and shows nothing.

[image loading]
AloneInDaBunker
Profile Joined November 2008
Korea (South)123 Posts
January 09 2009 14:16 GMT
#14
On January 09 2009 22:03 Vasoline73 wrote:
So I'm trying to signup... got past the SSN... but it won't let me put in a fucking zip code! It brings up a "zip code search" and no matter what I type in (zip code.. address... whatever) nothing comes up!

Can anyone help?

This is the picture telling me what to do at the step...I put in a zip but nothing happens. It loads and shows nothing.

[image loading]


do wut i tell you on that picture. just copy&paste "신림동" and press the button.
when you do, some choices will pop up in one way or the other. just click on any of them.
and then put some random numbers like 306-24 in the next spot which most likely is "address 2"
and tell me if this doesnt work.
Boxer is the truth.
AloneInDaBunker
Profile Joined November 2008
Korea (South)123 Posts
January 09 2009 14:19 GMT
#15
it didn't work because you put zip code in the city search box. You are supposed to search a city you live in and select from closest matches from your search word.
Boxer is the truth.
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8181 Posts
January 09 2009 14:22 GMT
#16
On January 09 2009 23:19 AloneInDaBunker wrote:
it didn't work because you put zip code in the city search box. You are supposed to search a city you live in and select from closest matches from your search word.


So I tried it in internet explorer and it worked. Firefox was being all glitchy for some reason...

But even then I couldn't register for some reason . So... what can ya do?
AloneInDaBunker
Profile Joined November 2008
Korea (South)123 Posts
January 09 2009 14:27 GMT
#17
tell what that reason is.
if some error message popped up, let me see it.
Boxer is the truth.
orangeshines
Profile Joined September 2008
United Kingdom204 Posts
January 09 2009 14:34 GMT
#18
On January 09 2009 21:08 Manifesto7 wrote:

i've been paying since 2003 so no big deal.


wow you're so hardcore
Zozma
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1626 Posts
January 09 2009 20:47 GMT
#19
Isn't it a bit ironic that Korea is the only place where Starcraft is on the TV, but you also need to be from Korea to see this stream? :D
Cadical *
Profile Joined September 2005
United States469 Posts
January 09 2009 21:13 GMT
#20
Thanks for the news
I just signed up and it works nice

I also extracted this stream link

mms://liveongame.gscdn.com/L1

Try this on VLC or something, it works for me
IMBA
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4111
Leta 2795
Soulkey 495
BeSt 475
Soma 278
Rush 170
Killer 44
Barracks 35
Shine 30
ZergMaN 29
[ Show more ]
Shinee 24
Hm[arnc] 22
Sharp 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe217
League of Legends
JimRising 563
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King77
Other Games
WinterStarcraft728
Sick282
Pyrionflax89
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV237
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 42
• 3DClanTV 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2319
League of Legends
• Jankos1871
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 19m
Patches Events
6h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 19m
OSC
14h 19m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.