• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:08
CEST 23:08
KST 06:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8060 users

[T] MS Paint-Off Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
August 09 2017 12:51 GMT
#45
Does it start before Monday? If no, /in
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
August 11 2017 14:10 GMT
#69
11/10

Better cancel game because we already saw best drawing.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
August 12 2017 10:39 GMT
#80
Jaelous is a total boss.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
August 22 2017 10:00 GMT
#3472
Playing with confirmed townies is so easy. I was most of the time +30 pages behind the thread but due to be able to trust Vivax and Superbia 100% it wasn't a problem.

I also believe this game was pretty town favored but still not as townfavored as the previous game with Damdred and geript being in the game innocent childs. And then you don't write entire essays on why is was unbalanced. Be consequent. Like... This was nothing compared to that.

But this game was something new and I prefer this over Cell mafia anyday. It for sure has some balance issues but the idea was pretty fun and it was incredible to be able to be a judge. Great experience!!! I will for sure join another one of these and theorycraft about the balance then. I think the concept is great, and you can change a lot, or a little bit and both would work.

I'll try to write something down to recap the judges mindset next.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
August 22 2017 10:04 GMT
#3474
Going to read mafia QT first. And yeah, mafia should have always started with a RB. Or have the ability to once upgrade their shot to pierce armor.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
August 22 2017 10:10 GMT
#3477
Yeah a shot that pierces any form of protection nullifies that. If you had it I think geript can take the D2 powerup. He played well D1 and D2. In the back but with good activity and posts, generally townread and we cba to recheck that.

ofcourse you could have killed HF N1 anyway but it was a gamble that you lost.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
August 22 2017 10:14 GMT
#3480
On August 22 2017 19:09 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2017 19:00 Koshi wrote:
Playing with confirmed townies is so easy. I was most of the time +30 pages behind the thread but due to be able to trust Vivax and Superbia 100% it wasn't a problem.

I also believe this game was pretty town favored but still not as townfavored as the previous game with Damdred and geript being in the game innocent childs. And then you don't write entire essays on why is was unbalanced. Be consequent. Like... This was nothing compared to that.

But this game was something new and I prefer this over Cell mafia anyday. It for sure has some balance issues but the idea was pretty fun and it was incredible to be able to be a judge. Great experience!!! I will for sure join another one of these and theorycraft about the balance then. I think the concept is great, and you can change a lot, or a little bit and both would work.

I'll try to write something down to recap the judges mindset next.

I thin a mason pair in a mini is far, far more balanced than this setup. 9/10ths of the time in this setup mafia has to leave the towniest guy alive all game while he gets useful roles. If scum Town confirm 1 person, the game becomes almost impossible with this person. The setup completely takes away any strength mafia has to control a game. In a normal setup, I can bus Rayn D1 with his play and go to town using my influence to protect the third mafia player. The mason setup looked OP, but the mafia team was basically MIA and let Town do its thing.

haha. Please geript. You can have your opinion but it is wrong. If we ever meet up we can talk about this for 4 hours. There is no way I am wrong about this.

14 players. 2 confirmed town. 1 parity cop. So 4 misslynches in a pool of 11 before you lose. It's like judges that can actually interact with the thread and you are not limited by any shenanigans, making EoD way harder for scum.

And we as judges played way way way way better than you guys did in that previous game btw. And we as mafia did a pretty decent job as well. I still don't understand the modconfirmed shit with rayn but HF dropped the ball so fucking hard on the D1 lynch.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
August 22 2017 10:15 GMT
#3481
I'll type up our mindset after my break.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
August 22 2017 10:23 GMT
#3486
Well in a normal open game HF would be only confirmed to the doc. And if you want to medic dodge you still have to shoot very much down the line like you did here.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
August 22 2017 10:27 GMT
#3488
On August 22 2017 19:22 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2017 19:14 Koshi wrote:
On August 22 2017 19:09 geript wrote:
On August 22 2017 19:00 Koshi wrote:
Playing with confirmed townies is so easy. I was most of the time +30 pages behind the thread but due to be able to trust Vivax and Superbia 100% it wasn't a problem.

I also believe this game was pretty town favored but still not as townfavored as the previous game with Damdred and geript being in the game innocent childs. And then you don't write entire essays on why is was unbalanced. Be consequent. Like... This was nothing compared to that.

But this game was something new and I prefer this over Cell mafia anyday. It for sure has some balance issues but the idea was pretty fun and it was incredible to be able to be a judge. Great experience!!! I will for sure join another one of these and theorycraft about the balance then. I think the concept is great, and you can change a lot, or a little bit and both would work.

I'll try to write something down to recap the judges mindset next.

I thin a mason pair in a mini is far, far more balanced than this setup. 9/10ths of the time in this setup mafia has to leave the towniest guy alive all game while he gets useful roles. If scum Town confirm 1 person, the game becomes almost impossible with this person. The setup completely takes away any strength mafia has to control a game. In a normal setup, I can bus Rayn D1 with his play and go to town using my influence to protect the third mafia player. The mason setup looked OP, but the mafia team was basically MIA and let Town do its thing.

haha. Please geript. You can have your opinion but it is wrong. If we ever meet up we can talk about this for 4 hours. There is no way I am wrong about this.

14 players. 2 confirmed town. 1 parity cop. So 4 misslynches in a pool of 11 before you lose. It's like judges that can actually interact with the thread and you are not limited by any shenanigans, making EoD way harder for scum.

And we as judges played way way way way better than you guys did in that previous game btw. And we as mafia did a pretty decent job as well. I still don't understand the modconfirmed shit with rayn but HF dropped the ball so fucking hard on the D1 lynch.

I forgot about parity Cop which was stupidly OP with masons. Masons in a mini is Town favored, but not >65% imo (which is pretty Town favored). Even with the parity Cop, I think it's like 75-80% Town favored. Don't get me wrong, the last game was Town favored, but I don't think it's as much as this setup is.

I agree this game was batshit hard for mafia again btw. and with batshit insane games the rolls are so swingy.

Like last game having lower activity but good players Damdred/Geript as conf town and then rayn and hf (I think) bossing it up in the thread was pretty fucking insane as well. It was a tandem with reads you couldn't dismiss because they were conf town, and then a tandem of 2 hyper active vets who were controlling the game like crazy and were super activily trying to solve the game. And the cop was rolled on a guy who would never die before night 6 and he knew it...
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
August 22 2017 10:30 GMT
#3489
On August 22 2017 19:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2017 19:23 Koshi wrote:
Well in a normal open game HF would be only confirmed to the doc. And if you want to medic dodge you still have to shoot very much down the line like you did here.

No Koshi, the problem is here is no medic dodge. If you medic dodge in a normal game (correctly), you can shoot the person the next night. Here it's impossible, also there is the fact that if you happen to shoot someone who actually took the vest you will NEVER EVER be able to get rid of the mod confirmed town, unlike in a normal game.

you should have always nominated Holyflare and ritoky for D3, that's where you made a mistake. Even if you think they can be mafia you should have always nominated them on D3 for the prize. That's a fact.

We should have nominated ritoky I agree. I didn't read a single post that day (and from the lynch before that, I didn't even know who was lynched) because I was with gf and I saw no other judge had a list. So I just remembered superbia saying "We need to look at HF" after the lynch, and removed him from the pool, I didn't think of ritoky, and then just wrote down my townreads.

geript kinda never was a real townread for me, I mean one with reaoning. He just popped up there because he played so good.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
August 22 2017 10:31 GMT
#3491
And yeah. You guys needed a piecing protection bullet. I 100% agree that was a big problem.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
August 22 2017 10:33 GMT
#3493
On August 22 2017 19:30 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2017 19:27 Koshi wrote:
Like last game having lower activity but good players Damdred/Geript as conf town and then rayn and hf (I think) bossing it up in the thread was pretty fucking insane as well. It was a tandem with reads you couldn't dismiss because they were conf town, and then a tandem of 2 hyper active vets who were controlling the game like crazy and were super activily trying to solve the game. And the cop was rolled on a guy who would never die before night 6 and he knew it...

I am not really sure what you're trying to say? That last game was imbalanced because town was too good? That's not how balance works, well playing team beats the less well playing. That has nothing to do with if the game is balanced or not.

No. I mean that in favored games like this the battering looks even worse if the correct people get the correct roles. I can see this game be more "balanced" with other people on the blues. You guys played very well D2 and the thread and the judges were bamboozled. But due to some skill (Vivax and then Superbia) bossed it up and we hit the perfect scumteam. I think that it could have went different if for example we had somebody who actually scumread CC or TW on the judges. But we never did.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-22 10:35:24
August 22 2017 10:35 GMT
#3494
Just like if in the previous game lets say HF and rayn were in a mason together.

Then it is business as usual and the imba setup doesn't look imba at all.

(also we needed a framer that game)
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
August 22 2017 10:37 GMT
#3499
On August 22 2017 19:35 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2017 19:14 Koshi wrote:
On August 22 2017 19:09 geript wrote:
On August 22 2017 19:00 Koshi wrote:
Playing with confirmed townies is so easy. I was most of the time +30 pages behind the thread but due to be able to trust Vivax and Superbia 100% it wasn't a problem.

I also believe this game was pretty town favored but still not as townfavored as the previous game with Damdred and geript being in the game innocent childs. And then you don't write entire essays on why is was unbalanced. Be consequent. Like... This was nothing compared to that.

But this game was something new and I prefer this over Cell mafia anyday. It for sure has some balance issues but the idea was pretty fun and it was incredible to be able to be a judge. Great experience!!! I will for sure join another one of these and theorycraft about the balance then. I think the concept is great, and you can change a lot, or a little bit and both would work.

I'll try to write something down to recap the judges mindset next.

I thin a mason pair in a mini is far, far more balanced than this setup. 9/10ths of the time in this setup mafia has to leave the towniest guy alive all game while he gets useful roles. If scum Town confirm 1 person, the game becomes almost impossible with this person. The setup completely takes away any strength mafia has to control a game. In a normal setup, I can bus Rayn D1 with his play and go to town using my influence to protect the third mafia player. The mason setup looked OP, but the mafia team was basically MIA and let Town do its thing.

haha. Please geript. You can have your opinion but it is wrong. If we ever meet up we can talk about this for 4 hours. There is no way I am wrong about this.

14 players. 2 confirmed town. 1 parity cop. So 4 misslynches in a pool of 11 before you lose. It's like judges that can actually interact with the thread and you are not limited by any shenanigans, making EoD way harder for scum.

And we as judges played way way way way better than you guys did in that previous game btw. And we as mafia did a pretty decent job as well. I still don't understand the modconfirmed shit with rayn but HF dropped the ball so fucking hard on the D1 lynch.


What's there not to understand? Rayn got called mafia and when people were piling on he got angry and said he's replacing out. Then he said "the mods won't let me replace." When I see that I don't believe a mafia rayn would replace out for being called mafia. But apparently it was more than that.

Still shouldn't ever talk about mod actions and not being able to be replaced though.

Ok now I understand. I just never read that.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
August 22 2017 10:41 GMT
#3505
Probably smarter to discuss that later on in a different thread in like a month or 3 before we do this again. Builds some hype as well :D
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
August 22 2017 10:43 GMT
#3508
On August 22 2017 19:37 Superbia wrote:
Shoutout to my fellow judges for being awesome.

No you sir!
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
August 22 2017 10:44 GMT
#3510
On August 22 2017 19:43 Holyflare wrote:
The elongated day 1 was annoying. Remove that and have a normal day 1 and mafia don't need to start with a rb cos they can shoot whoever they want.

smart
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
August 22 2017 10:46 GMT
#3516
On August 22 2017 19:45 disformation wrote:
do i count as having played in the game? :D

Yes. You have another mafia loss on your record.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
August 22 2017 13:04 GMT
#3545
On August 22 2017 21:24 Conversion wrote:
duly noted btw Koshi, on your big post calling me trash


Meh don't take it personal. I call everybody that once in a while.


I was pissed off with the fact I knew rayn was mafia and was pretty sure 1 out of hopeless and fefe were mafia. And then there were people calling the 3 picks bad.

1/3 was pretty ok for a list pre flip.

We made a mistake thinking fefe vs h1 was TvM
I had a good night of sleep.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O148
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 566
ZZZero.O 151
soO 53
Hyun 53
Dota 2
qojqva2308
monkeys_forever10
League of Legends
Doublelift2337
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4309
Liquid`Hasu633
Other Games
summit1g6143
FrodaN1577
KnowMe352
Pyrionflax197
420jenkins190
Livibee182
QueenE98
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick711
StarCraft 2
angryscii 38
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 79
• Adnapsc2 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 41
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie969
• Shiphtur620
• Scarra449
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 52m
Patches Events
17h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 52m
OSC
1d 1h
OSC
1d 14h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.