• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:48
CEST 00:48
KST 07:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9692 users

MSL SL Final Winner's Interview

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Essex
Profile Joined February 2007
United States19 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-03-03 00:51:40
March 03 2007 00:13 GMT
#1
Congratulation to Kim, Taek Yong aka Bisu[Shield] for winning 10th MBC Star League GomTV

첫 진출한 MSL에서 우승을 차지했다.
▶현재 '본좌'인 마재윤 선수를 이겨 정말 기쁘다. 설 연휴 때 (김)동현이형이 계속해서 숙소에 남아서 정말 많이 도와줬다. 그 외에도 연습 많이 해 준 선수들에게 고마움을 전하고 싶다. MSL은 로열로드가 없어서 크게 신경쓰지 않았다. 내가 로열로드를 달성하게 돼 신기하다.

You entered MSL for the first time and you won.

>I am very happy that I beat “BonJwa” (it means he’s among the top/best) Mah, Jae Yoon (savior). During Lunar New Year, Kim, Dong Hyun, aka Saint[z-zone] really helped me out a lot. Also, I want to thank other players who practiced with me. Because MSL doesn’t have Royal Road, I didn’t mind much. It’s almost like miracle that I achieved Royal Road.

-3대0 압승을 거뒀다.
▶연습 과정에서 저그에게 좋은 빌드를 발견했다. 그것 때문에 어제 연습하면서 좌절도 많이 했다. '내일도 이렇게 지면 안되는데'라는 생각이 들었다. 오늘 마재윤 선수가 나에게 까다로운 빌드 대신 상대적으로 편한 빌드를 써서 이길 수 있었던 것 같다. 3대0으로 이길거라고는 나 외에는 아무도 믿지 않았다(웃음). 3대0으로 이겨 그 사람들에게 복수한 것 같다(웃음).

You won 3-0.
>During practice session, I discovered very good build against zerg. Due to this, I was frustrated many times from practicing last night. I thought, ‘ I shouldn’t lose like this tomorrow’. I believe I won because Mah Jae Yoon’s builds were not particularly intimidating, but rather comfortable. None other than myself believed that I would win 3-0. (laughs) I feel like I avenged against those people by winning 3-0. (laughs)

-역대 최연소 우승이다.
▶최연소 우승이라서 더 기쁘다. 기록을 더 많이 세워야 한다는 부담감도 있지만 이번 우승을 계기로 더 많은 기록을 세우겠다.

You are the youngest ever to win.
>I’m very glad that I’m the youngest ever to win. Even though I have pressure to set more records now, I’m going to use this victory as an opportunity to set a lot more records.

-언제 우승할 것 같다는 생각이 들었나.
▶1세트가 끝난 뒤 우승할 수 있다고 생각했다. 마재윤 선수가 많이 긴장한 것 같았다. 예전과는 다른 대처를 했다. 3세트에서도 마재윤 선수가 자신의 플레이를 제대로 선보이지 못한 것 같았다.

When did you think you were going to win?
>After the 1st Set, I thought I could win. It seemed like Mah, Jae Yoon was very nervous. He played differently compared to how he did in the past. Also in the 3rd Set, it seemed like Mah, Jae Yoon couldn’t play as himself.

-우승을 해 보니 어떤가.
▶지난번에 (박)성준형이 우승했을 때 정말 멋있다고 생각했다. '나도 저 자리에 서 보고 싶다'는 생각도 했었다. 우승을 하고 나니 성준형이 기뻐했던 마음을 이해할 수 있더다. 앞으로 성준형의 우승을 따라 잡기 위해 열심히 하겠다.

What’s it like to win?
>Last time when Park, Sung Joon, aka July[z-zone], won, I thought he was awesome. I thought, ‘I wish I could stand there, too’. After the victory, I could understand the time when Sung Joon was very happy from winning. From now on, I’m going to work hard and catch up to Sung Joon’s victories.



-상대가 마재윤이었는데 긴장하지 않았나.
▶당연히 부담됐다. '본좌'인데다 프로토스에게 정말 강하지 않았나. 그렇기 때문에 '저그일뿐이다'라고 생각했고 그래서 이길 수 있었다.

Your opponent was Mah, Jae Yoon, weren’t you nervous?
>It was a heavy burden. He’s ‘BonJwa’ and he’s really strong against protoss. So I just thought that ‘it’s only zerg’, which eventually led to my victory.

-연습 경기에서 승률이 좋았다고 들었다.
▶연습 경기의 승률은 단지 승률일 뿐이다. 연습 때 많이 이긴다고 방송 때 잘하는 것은 아니라고 생각한다.

I heard that you had very good win ratio in practice games.
>Win ratio in practice games is just win ratio. I don’t think one can do well on broadcast just from winning many practice games.

-오늘 다크템플러의 활용이 돋보였다.
▶오늘 전략의 핵심은 다크 템플러였다. 연습을 보니 다크 템플러가 제일 좋은 것 같다. 한 번에 드론을 잡을 수 있어 효과적이다. 앞으로 다크템플러의 활용도가 더 높아질 것이다. 내 다크템플러는 어디서 나타날 지 예측을 못 한다. 앞으로 나의 다크템플러를 조심해야할 것이다.

You used dark templars very well today.
>My main strategy was dark templar. From practicing, I realized that dark templar was the best to use. It was effective because it could kill drone with one shot. From now on, I’m going to be using dark templar a lot. Opponents can’t predict where my dark templar will appear. They should now be aware of my dark templar.

-푸껫 포상휴가로 인해 경기력이 저하될 수도 있다는 우려를 말끔히 씻어냈다.
▶나는 별로 신경을 쓰지 않았다. 그런데 주위분들이 많이 우려를 하시더라. 나는 푸껫에서 충분히 휴식을 취했고 마재윤 선수는 지난주까지 결승을 치르느라 쉬지 못했다. 그것 때문에 이길 수 있었던 것 같다.

Although you went to Phuket (small island in Philippines), you cleansed the fear of not playing well.
>I didn’t mind much. People around me were worried. I could rest well enough in Phuket, but Mah, Jae Yoon couldn’t because he had the finals last week. I think I won because of it.

-2세트 뒤 감독님이 뭐라고 하셨나.
▶2세트가 끝난 뒤 "첫 경기라고 생각하고 마음을 비우라"고 주문하셨다. 그래서 더 경기가 잘 된 것 같다.

What did your coach say after the 2nd Set?
>After the 2nd Set ended, he told me, “Just empty your mind and think it is a first game”. I think the game went well because of him.

-부모님은 뭐라고 하셨나.
▶내가 경기 전에 얘기하는 것을 좋아하지 않는다. 그래서 경기 전에는 아무 말도 하지 않으셨다. 경기가 끝난 뒤 잘했다고 격려해주셨다

What did your parents say?
>We don’t like to talk before my games are about to start. So we didn’t say anything. They congratulated me after the game.



-2007 시즌 목표는 어떤가.
▶앞서 얘기했듯이 내가 자신감이 없었다. 앞으로는 더 자신감 있는 모습을 보이겠다. 경기에서도 지지 않겠다. 이번 우승으로 자신감이 많이 생겼다. 이 자신감을 바탕으로 더 많이 우승하겠다.

What’s your goal for 2007?
>Previously I said that I didn’t have much confidence. From now on, I’m going to show more confidence in myself. I won’t lose in a game. From today’s victory, I gained a lot of confidence. I’m going to confidently win more.

source: http://www.fighterforum.com/news/news_read.asp?cat=INT&idx=16896
Prose
Profile Joined June 2004
Canada314 Posts
March 03 2007 00:17 GMT
#2
Your opponent was Mah, Jae Yoon, weren’t you nervous?
>It was a heavy burden. He’s ‘BonJwa’ and he’s really strong against protoss. So I just thought that ‘it’s only zerg’, which eventually led to my victory.


It's only zerg. Haha. It's only zerg.
April showers bring May flowers bring June bugs bring JulyZerg.
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-03-03 00:19:43
March 03 2007 00:19 GMT
#3
Awesome stuff Essex. After only 8 Posts too ^_^
Tadzio
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
3340 Posts
March 03 2007 00:20 GMT
#4
Thanks for the translation.
Essex
Profile Joined February 2007
United States19 Posts
March 03 2007 00:22 GMT
#5
rinizim posted the same interview but 4 minutes later than mine heh
oh well
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
March 03 2007 00:24 GMT
#6
thanks very much. I'm amuzed how bisu killed savior. I cant wait to see the vods.
i still love you savior
Teamliquidian townie
QuietIdiot
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
7004 Posts
March 03 2007 00:26 GMT
#7
Awesome.

He truly is the Mid-game master
Locked
Profile Joined September 2004
United States4182 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-03-03 00:32:26
March 03 2007 00:32 GMT
#8
ahhh thanks for translating all of that

bisu is cool

too bad he made zvp imbalanced now, i can never forgive him

ZERGS ARE SUPPOSED TO BEAT PROTOSS

protoss are then supposed to whine

this is law
UMS map pack http://teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=50442
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
March 03 2007 00:40 GMT
#9
"it is just zerg"

hah Bisu is top protoss atm <3 to him.
GrandInquisitor *
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
New York City13113 Posts
March 03 2007 00:57 GMT
#10

>My main strategy was dark templar. From practicing, I realized that dark templar was the best to use. It was effective because it could kill drone with one shot. From now on, I’m going to be using dark templar a lot. Opponents can’t predict where my dark templar will appear. They should now be aware of my dark templar.


lmfao

also, how old is bisu?
What fun is it being cool if you can’t wear a sombrero?
mk..))
Profile Joined February 2007
95 Posts
March 03 2007 01:12 GMT
#11
He is 17.. so 16 in US age I guess.
tKd_
Profile Joined February 2005
United States2916 Posts
March 03 2007 01:15 GMT
#12
On March 03 2007 10:12 mk..)) wrote:
He is 17.. so 16 in US age I guess.


He definitely isn't 16, looks way too old.
ShcShc
Profile Joined October 2006
Canada912 Posts
March 03 2007 02:22 GMT
#13
Wtf 16?
Are you serious?
God DAJNFBGHSfIDSHUKLFHSGUIO! -Jinro
AruGuN.
Profile Joined January 2007
25 Posts
March 03 2007 02:41 GMT
#14
He looks 18-19 at the very least
Whether you think you can or cant, youre probably right.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
March 03 2007 03:37 GMT
#15
He's 17 in America
Taek-Yong and I are both born in 1989
Official Entusman #21
mk..))
Profile Joined February 2007
95 Posts
March 03 2007 08:20 GMT
#16
Yes 1989 is right,. He is really young, like it said in interview youngest to win msl/osl title.
KizZBG
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
u gotta skate8152 Posts
March 03 2007 08:39 GMT
#17
Wow! Winning an MSL at 17! That's tallent!

Thanks for the interview
eSTRO for life | #2 Sea.Really fan! | #1 GosI[Flying] fan! | Clide - best SC2 terran!
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
March 03 2007 14:03 GMT
#18
Yeah, I remember about two years ago, there was a gosu young toss user in [Shield]. I specifically remember when he even played in a clanwar vs. ToT. For that matter, so did another young Terran user.

How good they've gotten since.
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
March 03 2007 14:11 GMT
#19
On March 03 2007 23:03 Myrmidon wrote:
Yeah, I remember about two years ago, there was a gosu young toss user in [Shield]. I specifically remember when he even played in a clanwar vs. ToT. For that matter, so did another young Terran user.

How good they've gotten since.

was that terran by any chance sea[shield]?
YoUr_KiLLeR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States3420 Posts
March 03 2007 14:20 GMT
#20
yuppp. they actually lost their games vs tot. bisu 1-2 vs mondragon and sea 0-1 vs testie and forfeited the 2nd game or something like that.
what the fuck do you have to say for yourself now you protoss jackass can you retaliate in any way
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 131
SpeCial 124
Vindicta 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11727
Artosis 541
Bale 10
League of Legends
Doublelift3923
JimRising 655
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox668
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5428
Liquid`Hasu1076
Khaldor999
Other Games
summit1g7315
shahzam523
FrodaN154
ArmadaUGS82
NeuroSwarm72
ViBE52
Mew2King47
JuggernautJason44
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV182
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 15
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 28
• HerbMon 25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie848
• Scarra456
• Shiphtur184
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 12m
Stellar Fest
14h 12m
OSC
23h 12m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 11h
Online Event
1d 12h
FEL
1d 17h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.