• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:03
CEST 03:03
KST 10:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7903 users

PYP: Pick Your Protoss Mini Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 14 2015 02:27 GMT
#22
/in
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 14 2015 19:32 GMT
#25
I'm taking DT.

Always taking DT.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 17 2015 03:32 GMT
#33
Playerlist looks nice already.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-22 07:24:14
January 22 2015 07:23 GMT
#53
Nevermind.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 22 2015 14:12 GMT
#56
On January 22 2015 18:05 Fecalfeast wrote:
also nevermind


Stop copying me.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 24 2015 14:28 GMT
#113
At this point I think we can assume Sentinel is dead.

We need to go on without him.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 24 2015 19:03 GMT
#133
On January 25 2015 02:13 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2015 02:09 The Milkman wrote:
That was quite an ambiguous situation.
Anyway, you know the drill, every time we either go for some big crazy plan or just let the draft flow and from that we try to read what we can. There is a lot to read moment we get a single red hanging - but - that's future.
If somebody has not yet read the setup-unique rules I really advise you to do so. We are going to be running some sweet, sweet WIFOM joint during this game. What I am talking about? The KP rules. On that note
Is anything known about Mafia KP? Does it have 100% chance to hit anybody or the rule of KP having a reduced chance of hitting based on armor stands?
Do types of armor have any significance besides actions being related to them?


Now, because I have some time I'm going to go through the roles and figure what is what and what I don't want to land as a combination for the scum team.

Scummiest post in the thread btw.


I agree.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 24 2015 19:28 GMT
#140
I'm taking DT.

Anybody that tries to take DT from me will be claiming scum, especially when I'm a relatively easy read. There is 0 reason to give an check-immune role to a hard to read player, and I don't think I'm that hard to read.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 24 2015 19:32 GMT
#142
On January 25 2015 04:30 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2015 04:28 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
I'm taking DT.

Anybody that tries to take DT from me will be claiming scum, especially when I'm a relatively easy read. There is 0 reason to give an check-immune role to a hard to read player, and I don't think I'm that hard to read.



Except when someone in front of you takes it you don't know who took it...


I was going to argue with this but I came up with a reason not to talk about it.

Nevermind.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 24 2015 19:37 GMT
#145
On January 25 2015 04:34 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2015 04:28 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
I'm taking DT.

Anybody that tries to take DT from me will be claiming scum, especially when I'm a relatively easy read. There is 0 reason to give an check-immune role to a hard to read player, and I don't think I'm that hard to read.

q1. do you get mislynched as town?

if yes, your assertion that you're easy to read seems misplaced


Yeah, I'm prbs gonna rethink my strategy here.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 24 2015 19:42 GMT
#147
On January 25 2015 04:38 The Milkman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2015 04:28 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
I'm taking DT.

Anybody that tries to take DT from me will be claiming scum, especially when I'm a relatively easy read. There is 0 reason to give an check-immune role to a hard to read player, and I don't think I'm that hard to read.


You see, it doesn't really matter if you are easy or hard to read, you plan on taking a good role - if you are easy to read and you turn out to be scum we still got denied a DT. From this point of view, your reasoning simply does not hold. Of course it is not like Mafia taking the DT makes us lose or makes winning unbelievably hard to do.


That's partly why I wanted to just up and claim DT at the start, since there are so many juicier roles out there for mafia to hunt down and a bunch of talented players around to warrant kp being sent elsewhere despite a claimed vig running around.

The problem I realized was that there are a bunch of other roles that don't/shouldn't want to be claimed right at the start that are still invisible, so my plan doesn't really work.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 24 2015 19:52 GMT
#152
On January 25 2015 04:48 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2015 04:42 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On January 25 2015 04:38 The Milkman wrote:
On January 25 2015 04:28 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
I'm taking DT.

Anybody that tries to take DT from me will be claiming scum, especially when I'm a relatively easy read. There is 0 reason to give an check-immune role to a hard to read player, and I don't think I'm that hard to read.


You see, it doesn't really matter if you are easy or hard to read, you plan on taking a good role - if you are easy to read and you turn out to be scum we still got denied a DT. From this point of view, your reasoning simply does not hold. Of course it is not like Mafia taking the DT makes us lose or makes winning unbelievably hard to do.


That's partly why I wanted to just up and claim DT at the start, since there are so many juicier roles out there for mafia to hunt down and a bunch of talented players around to warrant kp being sent elsewhere despite a claimed vig running around.

The problem I realized was that there are a bunch of other roles that don't/shouldn't want to be claimed right at the start that are still invisible, so my plan doesn't really work.


Did you post this in the mafia QT before you posted it here?


Ouch, my pride.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 24 2015 21:01 GMT
#157
I picked 7, 9.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 24 2015 21:29 GMT
#164
Oats and Super are just going to end up at the end of the list.

Fine by me, tbh.

On January 25 2015 06:16 sicklucker wrote:
Can I just tell you my number safter? Or is it pro town for me to tell you now? Ive never played or really even heard of this format


Do what you want. People are doing it so they don't conflict and everyone gets a spot.

Nobody wants to willingly send themselves to the end of the line.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 24 2015 21:42 GMT
#166
Okay, switching my numbers to 3, 1.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 25 2015 03:28 GMT
#217
I thought Marv's numbers were 7, 2. Meh.

I also realized how shit Dark Templars are compared to everything else on that list.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 25 2015 14:55 GMT
#308
Yeah, I kinda realized the DT is useless outside of stopping alignment checks but I was in the mindset to deny anything that can't be checked.

At this point it seems like a waste because I managed to get so high on the draft list but idrk.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 25 2015 14:56 GMT
#309
The KP is sort of nice but there are so many more dangerous roles out there.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 25 2015 15:11 GMT
#310
On January 25 2015 22:21 Superbia wrote:
From my perspective it would be great if Obi check-picked WP.


There is no world where I ever do this.
Retired.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 25 2015 15:57 GMT
#318
On January 26 2015 00:39 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2015 23:55 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Yeah, I kinda realized the DT is useless outside of stopping alignment checks but I was in the mindset to deny anything that can't be checked.

At this point it seems like a waste because I managed to get so high on the draft list but idrk.

I honestly don't care if mafia picks DT.

If there is an undocumented shot, we lynch probes.

DT can only shoot and fakeclaim: zealot, stalker, oracle, ht, tempest. the oracle and tempest should be checking on night 1, not shooting, and the zealot, stalker and HT are autolynches just like DT.

DO NOT PICK MAFIA ROLES.


Yeah, I agree with this.
Retired.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 146
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 467
Bale 40
League of Legends
Doublelift4474
Other Games
summit1g9453
JimRising 547
ViBE216
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick663
BasetradeTV205
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 116
• Light_VIP 3
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1168
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 57m
Patches Events
13h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 57m
OSC
21h 57m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.