• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:17
CEST 15:17
KST 22:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War465.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7817 users

[I][T][M] Vengeful Mini Mafia!

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 27 2014 19:46 GMT
#14
On January 28 2014 04:20 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2014 04:13 iamperfection wrote:
On January 28 2014 04:09 yamato77 wrote:
On January 27 2014 22:03 Mocsta wrote:
What is
"Good-Faith" effort?

Basically, we leave it up to our judgment of your play relative to the play of everyone else in the game. If we feel like your activity or effort is significantly dragging down the game as a whole, we may ask you to step it up, or perhaps replace you if we feel the need.

i think its a bad idea having an ambiguous rule like that.

I very highly doubt it will become a problem in the first place.

That's the fun of invite-only games.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 29 2014 04:25 GMT
#21
/replace
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 03 2014 01:59 GMT
#44
Ughhhhhh I hate this deadline tiiiiime
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 03 2014 02:11 GMT
#46
On February 03 2014 11:10 Promethelax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2014 10:59 WaveofShadow wrote:
Ughhhhhh I hate this deadline tiiiiime


Me too but it is IML so it isn't really a deadline.

Oh yeah.
Never mind then!
<3 IML
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 03 2014 23:19 GMT
#73
So close.
I was so damn close, and then reroll.

Anyway, ##vote: marv 'cause policy. We can't have someone of your apparent unlynchability running around these parts so it will be my job to draw any and all attention to you as necessary.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 03 2014 23:23 GMT
#81
Also I'd be totally in favour of lynching scumclainers. There does seem to be some truth to holy's 'case,k though the only examle I can think of was ## maybe?
Ill look when I'm not on my phone.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 03 2014 23:25 GMT
#82
On February 04 2014 08:23 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 08:19 WaveofShadow wrote:
So close.
I was so damn close, and then reroll.

Anyway, ##vote: marv 'cause policy. We can't have someone of your apparent unlynchability running around these parts so it will be my job to draw any and all attention to you as necessary.

Given this is a vengeful game, this is probably the stupidest thing you could possibly have written. Every single person that gets lynched can shoot me if they so please.

Oh marvy.
Y so srs
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 03 2014 23:30 GMT
#89
On February 04 2014 08:26 iamperfection wrote:
Hrm wave are you being serious?

Bout marv, no.
Bout holy/artanis, yes.
Gimme a while and ill find examples.

It always seemed to me to be more likely to joke about being scum AS scum because it would be seen at endgame to be ballsy as hell even though nobody ever takes it to be alignment indicative.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 03 2014 23:32 GMT
#92
On February 04 2014 08:30 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 08:27 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:26 iamperfection wrote:
Hrm wave are you being serious?

Was wondering the same thing. Accuses marv of taking a joke too seriously right before taking a joke too seriously himself.

He could be scum misreading the thread thinking the stuff on you was somewhat legitimate and trying to position for later.

LOL
Oh please. Nobody but me would ever take that angle seriously.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 03 2014 23:59 GMT
#109
Whoa.
Weird how DP is apparently on the same page as me.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 04 2014 00:02 GMT
#111
On February 04 2014 09:01 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 08:59 WaveofShadow wrote:
Whoa.
Weird how DP is apparently on the same page as me.

Lel. I guess I expect more than rank stupidity from you wave. <3

You should never expect more than that.
Just be pleasantly surprised.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 04 2014 00:12 GMT
#118
On February 04 2014 09:03 DarthPunk wrote:
Also a couple of Policy things.

First, before we lynch someone we should make sure we know who they are going to shoot.

Second, we should extend the days for as long as possible. If someone quick hammers I will be fucking furious.

(looking at you rayn)

As much as I love quickhammering 'cause hilarious (especially when Ace is involved), /agree.

Anyway regarding my earlier stuff, this is from Thug Life:
On September 27 2013 05:24 Palmar wrote:
I'm member of one of the mafia teams. I'm requesting one person from the other team PM me, or if that's not allowed, just claim in the thread so we can work together.


And look at the reaction from town:
On September 27 2013 05:30 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 27 2013 05:24 Palmar wrote:
I'm member of one of the mafia teams. I'm requesting one person from the other team PM me, or if that's not allowed, just claim in the thread so we can work together.

Hello Palmar, I am eager to help your mafia organization. Please tell me your mafia teammates so that I know not to shoot them tonight.

Ehhh...
Trying to find another 'cause I swear it happened in another game I was a part of but I can't think of it right now.

So mebbe not as much evidence as I thought.
Still lookin tho
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 04 2014 00:20 GMT
#122
On February 04 2014 09:15 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 08:29 Holyflare wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:23 WaveofShadow wrote:
Also I'd be totally in favour of lynching scumclainers. There does seem to be some truth to holy's 'case,k though the only examle I can think of was ## maybe?
Ill look when I'm not on my phone.


I don't get it? There's some truth to my case but you can only think of 1 example? Those 2 things are contradicting statements.


Wave I still want you to address this.

What is there to address?
On re-reading your 'case' on Artanis I actually realize I don't like it much because I didn't see at first you were referring to voice, which I believe should basically be completely disregarded as evidence for forum mafia. It got me thinking though and so I am where I am.

I don't really see what's contradictory though, unless you consider my only having one example thus far being contradictory but imo weak != contradictory.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 04 2014 00:23 GMT
#123
On February 04 2014 08:18 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 08:14 iamperfection wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:12 Holyflare wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:10 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:04 Holyflare wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:02 iamperfection wrote:
Who else is town?


That's a terrible question, we want to know who ISN'T town.

I'm Mafia. How about you?

always lynch the people that claim mafia, you've played enough voice to know that's at least 80% correct!

##vote artanis

But if your saying he knows this why would he do it?


because it's a scum default mindset! they think we know they always do it so they do it again to bluff but really, they're always scum!
Artanis also claims jester exclusively as town.

This sort of gives the same idea I'm trying to get across but not quite. Essentially it comes down to there being absolutely no reason to claim scum as town, even to joke---seems much more likely to me to come from a mafia standpoint to introduce WIFOM into the thread at best, shit things up a little at worst and somewhere in the middle they get to brag if they win.

And before anyone asks again, yes I am completely serious. I'm gettin' them feels. This is super early and there hasn't been much in thread to give me other feels right now so it's what I'm going with atm.
##Unvote
##Vote: Artanis
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 04 2014 00:35 GMT
#127
On February 04 2014 09:24 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 09:20 WaveofShadow wrote:
On February 04 2014 09:15 Holyflare wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:29 Holyflare wrote:
On February 04 2014 08:23 WaveofShadow wrote:
Also I'd be totally in favour of lynching scumclainers. There does seem to be some truth to holy's 'case,k though the only examle I can think of was ## maybe?
Ill look when I'm not on my phone.


I don't get it? There's some truth to my case but you can only think of 1 example? Those 2 things are contradicting statements.


Wave I still want you to address this.

What is there to address?
On re-reading your 'case' on Artanis I actually realize I don't like it much because I didn't see at first you were referring to voice, which I believe should basically be completely disregarded as evidence for forum mafia. It got me thinking though and so I am where I am.

I don't really see what's contradictory though, unless you consider my only having one example thus far being contradictory but imo weak != contradictory.


Artanis is quite clearly playing this game in the style of voice mafia as he has referenced that he joined this for fun (not srs forum mafia funz) so my statement referred to that medium. With the amount of games that have been played on TL to say the case holds truth but only to have 1 example that isn't the same as this game's claim is worse than weak and so contradictary is the only term to use here.

That doesn't make any sense.
You can't just ascribe meaning to a word that doesn't exist.
Anyway it seems as though meta-type stuffs is proving that no other examples exist (at least that I can find) so the only example I really have to go on is Palmar right now. If anyone wants to help me out that'd be great.

On February 04 2014 09:33 marvellosity wrote:
P.S. Wave, if you're going to try to make "jokes", the first job is that they should be just a tiny bit amusing. :/

It amused me, that's all I needed.
So marv what do you think of Artanis for #1 scum NA?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 04 2014 00:37 GMT
#129
On February 04 2014 09:35 marvellosity wrote:
Dunno. Later.

KK.
But just so you know I was serious about paying attention to you, at least myself. Going to be watching you like a hawk this game so prepare to be incredibly annoyed.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 04 2014 00:45 GMT
#135
On February 04 2014 09:40 iamperfection wrote:
do you find marv hard to read wave?

Considering I 'caught' him very early in the game in Shadow (though I didn't believe myself at the time) I'd say probably not, though at that point I also had never played a game with scum-marv before and there was a lot of other shit going down in thread all game, and marv survived so obviously neither I nor anyone else can really take any credit at all. At the very least I'd feel more confident in my ability to catch him in future games (including this one).

I'd probably find rayn my personal 'hardest to read' in this particular game.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 04 2014 00:47 GMT
#138
On February 04 2014 09:46 Holyflare wrote:
if marv is scum I will catch him for you don't worry about that

Can I catch you then?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 04 2014 00:49 GMT
#140
Oh hey I have a poignant question:
How do we plan on dealing with Cephiro this game?
We don't exactly have vig shots to 'waste' if he plans on being lurk city.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
February 04 2014 00:51 GMT
#144
On February 04 2014 09:49 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2014 09:45 WaveofShadow wrote:
On February 04 2014 09:40 iamperfection wrote:
do you find marv hard to read wave?

Considering I 'caught' him very early in the game in Shadow (though I didn't believe myself at the time) I'd say probably not, though at that point I also had never played a game with scum-marv before and there was a lot of other shit going down in thread all game, and marv survived so obviously neither I nor anyone else can really take any credit at all. At the very least I'd feel more confident in my ability to catch him in future games (including this one).

I'd probably find rayn my personal 'hardest to read' in this particular game.

then i dont get why you would need to watch him like a "hawk". Unless you are just saying things for show.

Iamp, you're talking a lot about shit you don't understand. Nobody paid much attention to marv at all in Shadow game including me and he got away all game not doing a hell of a lot. Had I or anyone else paid more attention to him (which was rather difficult given the other lynch candidates in thread and how marv played), he may very well have been caught and lynched.

Is there a particular reason you're pushing this?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 256
TKL 206
CranKy Ducklings98
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1149
Lowko494
TKL 206
IndyStarCraft 203
Serral 189
Rex 118
ProTech80
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 61649
Free 2430
Jaedong 1930
BeSt 619
Horang2 322
firebathero 227
Zeus 188
Last 108
Hyun 106
Pusan 82
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 80
910 35
soO 32
Aegong 22
Yoon 17
scan(afreeca) 17
Noble 16
Sacsri 11
Trap 10
Icarus 7
Rock 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6945
Dendi1039
XaKoH 445
canceldota80
Other Games
gofns29549
singsing2310
B2W.Neo481
byalli354
Pyrionflax296
ToD227
Beastyqt138
DeMusliM123
Liquid`VortiX73
Mlord64
QueenE61
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV234
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 32
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1819
League of Legends
• Jankos3485
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 43m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 43m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 43m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.