• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:16
CEST 08:16
KST 15:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7845 users

[M][N] "SMB" Mini Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
January 14 2014 17:26 GMT
#56
/in
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
January 15 2014 22:56 GMT
#99
How about none of us read our role pm's

and then we all live in blissful peace and harmony
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
January 16 2014 07:00 GMT
#240
Hiii. I'd be delighted if you kittens could indulge me in a brief questionnaire, it'll only take a little of your time.

(1) Do you prefer to play as town or scum?
(2) What will you be remembered for this game?
(3) How do you react to pressure?
(4) Is your play usually emotional, or reserved?

Joke answers = Totally scum, by the way.

Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
January 16 2014 07:41 GMT
#260
On January 16 2014 16:21 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 16:00 Skanjab1s wrote:
Hiii. I'd be delighted if you kittens could indulge me in a brief questionnaire, it'll only take a little of your time.

(1) Do you prefer to play as town or scum?
(2) What will you be remembered for this game?
(3) How do you react to pressure?
(4) Is your play usually emotional, or reserved?

Joke answers = Totally scum, by the way.


whos scum?


Answer my questions if you want me to answer yours.
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
January 16 2014 09:04 GMT
#279
On January 16 2014 16:41 Oatsmaster wrote:
twe3k pls why do you do this???

Thrawn, when did you reread this 10 page thread? And what exactly makes Rayn the scummiest guy in the room?


Sno is the scummiest to me at the moment. This is what I've found after a read-through of his filter:

- His "let's lynch the host" thing, while being a joke, shows a deep lack of desire for actually wanting to find scum.
On January 16 2014 09:27 Sn0_Man wrote:
Its my first mafia game in monthsssssss

PS since when does kush do like reads and shit 15 mins into a mafia game?

- His non-committal OMGUS onto kush's light accusations is scummy. He attempts to discredit kush to undermine is argument and divert the attention onto his accuser, which is inherently scummy.
On January 16 2014 10:21 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 10:14 Toadesstern wrote:
On January 16 2014 10:08 Cephiro wrote:
On January 16 2014 10:01 Toadesstern wrote:
So Ceph, what was your your thought process when you figured it's a good idea to explain that there's no self-aware millers?

There's no BH in this game so it's quiiiiiiiite unlikely that a townie would ever fakeclaim self-aware miller.


My thought process was this long:

1. See false information in thread
2. Post right information in thread
3. ???
4. Answer your question about my thought process.

There pretty much wasn't one. I also fail to see how it's relevant whether I said that or not. I can't see someone being stupid enough to claim miller at this point in the game.


well yeah, with you telling everyone about it I don't see anyone being stupid enough either. Just for reference, Matt claimed self-aware miller in a game that had no self-aware millers in one of my games and it got him lynched d1, ended up flipping mafia obviously. Anyways beans are spilled and like I said I don't read to much into it either.

What how come this never happens in my games?

I don't think i've ever lynched scum day 1...

Subtly playing the 'inability' card.

- His contributions are all incredibly tentative, careful comments that make sure to not outright accuse anyone. He doesn't push/question people, nor does he come to any conclusions in these posts:
On January 16 2014 12:12 Sn0_Man wrote:
"How to pressure; A guide by Hopeless"
1) Vote ur target
2) Tell them to post seals and abandon thread
3) Flame their play
+ Show Spoiler [1] +
On January 16 2014 11:11 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 11:08 Grackaroni wrote:
##Vote: Grack

I call your bluff
##Vote: Grackaroni


+ Show Spoiler [2] +
On January 16 2014 11:30 Hopeless1der wrote:
this is the part where you post seals and peace out of the thread grack


+ Show Spoiler [3] +
On January 16 2014 11:37 Hopeless1der wrote:
because you've self voted and followed up with complete nonsense for no discernible purpose than to make noise.


No need for much else
On January 16 2014 10:25 Sn0_Man wrote:
I dunno it sounds incredibly stupid to waltz into a thread as scum and blatantly announce that you are lurking and avoiding contributing.

Admittedly, still stupid to do as town, but less so.


##vote: Sn0_Man
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
January 16 2014 09:06 GMT
#280
On January 16 2014 17:12 thrawn2112 wrote:
Hey Skanjab1s, why are you being silent for all of this?


Hey hey I was away way.
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
January 16 2014 09:12 GMT
#283
On January 16 2014 18:07 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 18:06 Skanjab1s wrote:
On January 16 2014 17:12 thrawn2112 wrote:
Hey Skanjab1s, why are you being silent for all of this?


Hey hey I was away way.


What do you think about Oats and Thrawn


I think you're almost certainly town, and I'm leaning slightly town on Oats, too. Your interactions feel like town-on-town.

What do you think of Sn0?
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
January 16 2014 09:13 GMT
#284
On January 16 2014 18:09 Koshi wrote:
Mr. Evil Snowman so scummy.

Why are you not trolling with Grack Skanjab1s?


I'm too busy finding scum.
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
January 16 2014 09:33 GMT
#286
On January 16 2014 18:20 thrawn2112 wrote:
##unvote

Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 18:12 Skanjab1s wrote:
On January 16 2014 18:07 thrawn2112 wrote:
On January 16 2014 18:06 Skanjab1s wrote:
On January 16 2014 17:12 thrawn2112 wrote:
Hey Skanjab1s, why are you being silent for all of this?


Hey hey I was away way.


What do you think about Oats and Thrawn


I think you're almost certainly town, and I'm leaning slightly town on Oats, too. Your interactions feel like town-on-town.

What do you think of Sn0?


I think what you said here:

"- His "let's lynch the host" thing, while being a joke, shows a deep lack of desire for actually wanting to find scum. "

is quite possibly the scummiest thing in the thread. A "deep lack of desire," are you serious? That reeks of exaggeration and propaganda based writing.



It felt scummy to me, so I put it in the case. And yes, a lack of desire to find scum is, believe it or not, present in scum.
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
January 16 2014 10:02 GMT
#290
On January 16 2014 18:44 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 18:33 Skanjab1s wrote:
On January 16 2014 18:20 thrawn2112 wrote:
##unvote

On January 16 2014 18:12 Skanjab1s wrote:
On January 16 2014 18:07 thrawn2112 wrote:
On January 16 2014 18:06 Skanjab1s wrote:
On January 16 2014 17:12 thrawn2112 wrote:
Hey Skanjab1s, why are you being silent for all of this?


Hey hey I was away way.


What do you think about Oats and Thrawn


I think you're almost certainly town, and I'm leaning slightly town on Oats, too. Your interactions feel like town-on-town.

What do you think of Sn0?


I think what you said here:

"- His "let's lynch the host" thing, while being a joke, shows a deep lack of desire for actually wanting to find scum. "

is quite possibly the scummiest thing in the thread. A "deep lack of desire," are you serious? That reeks of exaggeration and propaganda based writing.



It felt scummy to me, so I put it in the case. And yes, a lack of desire to find scum is, believe it or not, present in scum.


Apart from what I pointed out, what irks me the most about skan's case is that it looks exactly like a scum's "I'm going to read this filter and point out every single 'scumtell' I can" type of case. I don't see any thought process behind the case, it all looks very robotic. (scum going through the motions of writing a case) Nowhere in the case does he stop to consider reasons why sn0man might be town, which is something that townies generally do even if they are experiencing confirmation bias. He obviously read sn0's filter knowing that he wanted to scum-read sn0_man, and wrote a bunch of exxaggerated propaganda to prove his point.


That's the way I write cases, I filter people and point out all the scummy things I think they've done.

Obviously I don't stop to consider reasons in my case of why snoman might be town. That's not what a case is. A case on why someone is scum is a compilation of their scumminess.

Also, I got scum feels from sno's posts, so I filtered him and made the case. It's not that I wanted to scumread him, it's that I already have scumread him.

If you believe that the points in my case are "exaggerated propaganda" then please explain how.
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
January 16 2014 10:30 GMT
#296
On January 16 2014 19:16 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 19:02 Skanjab1s wrote:
Obviously I don't stop to consider reasons in my case of why snoman might be town.


yes, but have you done this?


Yes, and I still find the things he has done to be quite scummy.

Could you please stop ignoring my questions thrawn?
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
January 16 2014 11:12 GMT
#298
I'm giving you a very suspicious look right now.

Even though you're halfway across the world and asleep, I hope you feel it, thrawn.

I hope you feeeeeeel it.
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
January 16 2014 12:05 GMT
#313
I take offense at that, question 2 was definitely the best out of the 4.
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
January 16 2014 12:56 GMT
#316
On January 16 2014 21:06 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Why is that? There is only one answer to that question.


No there isn't, there are an infinite number of legit answers to it that are helpful, but anyway this is irrelevant
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
January 16 2014 13:50 GMT
#328
So hey, you could, y'know, explain that.
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
January 16 2014 14:26 GMT
#335
On January 16 2014 23:03 raynpelikoneet wrote:
The case is not a case. It's a couple of posts and made up reasons why they are scummy.

This doesn't even mean anything, all cases are just posts? And the reasons why he is scummy are entirely legit. Which reasons do you think are "made up"?
On January 16 2014 23:05 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Also Skanjab1s seems to be deliberately choosing which posts to respond to and which posts not to.

Bullshit. I've responded to every single post directed at me. This is a blatant lie.
On January 16 2014 23:14 Hopeless1der wrote:
skanjab what was the first thing about sn0 that tipped you off that he was totes scum?

rayn, any thoughts on grack?

It was partly the feels that his "lynch the host" joke gave me, but mainly it was his reaction to kush's accusations that made me think he's scum, and warranted a filter dive.
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
January 16 2014 14:29 GMT
#336
Edit: Except this, which I missed.
On January 16 2014 22:02 Koshi wrote:
I hope it is relevant. Otherwise why you ask those questions?

I was referring to the arguing about the questions, not the questions themselves.
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
January 16 2014 15:04 GMT
#338
On January 16 2014 23:32 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Skanjab1s, expand on your case. Tell me why what Sn0 has done is more likely to come from scum than from a townie. That's not clearly seen from your case, why do those things you pointed out come from scum and not from town?

Also there is only one important question to you. It's about your questionnaire, which was bad. Sooner or later you need to explain why you decided to do a bad questionnaire which can't possibly help you find mafia.

Under that little pressure, (all kush said was "sn0s fluff seems awkward") I don't think town would react in this way.
Town is more likely to either (1) Ignore it, (2) ask for elaborations, or (3) omgus aggressively, depending on how the person plays. What Sn0 did was omgus very carefully, in a way that doesn't pressure or question kush, and doesn't help sn0 find out anything about kush's alignment.
For the first quote, and the rest of them: The purpose of these posts is not to find scum, but rather, to just mildly paint a person as scummy by throwing out small accusations. That is why these things come from scum and not town.

You said I will eventually have to explain what I wanted to find with the questions, which I will do, I'm not going to do that now, as not everyone has answered them. Also, the questionnaire wasn't bad at all, and it can definitely help me find mafia, just because you aren't able to see how doesn't make it bad.
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
January 16 2014 15:24 GMT
#349
On January 17 2014 00:06 Hopeless1der wrote:
your questionnaire was stupid and a waste of time both to post and respond to.

You're stupid and a waste of time both to post and respond to.
On January 17 2014 00:12 raynpelikoneet wrote:
For someone who has Sn0 as this top suspect and has read Sn0's posts carefully this accusation should not be possible:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 18:04 Skanjab1s wrote:
His contributions are all incredibly tentative, careful comments that make sure to not outright accuse anyone.


Like this is what Sn0 says:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2014 12:03 Sn0_Man wrote:
Oke you word-lawyer'd me.

How about some COMMENTS with your commentary then?

PS: hopeless for scum. Too many "i'm totally contributing" 1-liners and easy snipes plus seems overly interested in cementing a lynch with 40 hours left in the day.

If someone consideres this as "incredibly tentative, careful comment" then i don't know what to say.

So, i stand by my words that Skanjab1s is just making shit up.

Literally every one that I quoted was tentative and careful, I wasn't calling that tentative and careful, hence why it wasn't included in the case, dear.

What do you think of Hopeless, rayn?
Skanjab1s
Profile Joined June 2013
748 Posts
January 16 2014 15:43 GMT
#366
On January 17 2014 00:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2014 00:24 Skanjab1s wrote:
On January 17 2014 00:06 Hopeless1der wrote:
your questionnaire was stupid and a waste of time both to post and respond to.

You're stupid and a waste of time both to post and respond to.
On January 17 2014 00:12 raynpelikoneet wrote:
For someone who has Sn0 as this top suspect and has read Sn0's posts carefully this accusation should not be possible:
On January 16 2014 18:04 Skanjab1s wrote:
His contributions are all incredibly tentative, careful comments that make sure to not outright accuse anyone.


Like this is what Sn0 says:
On January 16 2014 12:03 Sn0_Man wrote:
Oke you word-lawyer'd me.

How about some COMMENTS with your commentary then?

PS: hopeless for scum. Too many "i'm totally contributing" 1-liners and easy snipes plus seems overly interested in cementing a lynch with 40 hours left in the day.

If someone consideres this as "incredibly tentative, careful comment" then i don't know what to say.

So, i stand by my words that Skanjab1s is just making shit up.

Literally every one that I quoted was tentative and careful, I wasn't calling that tentative and careful, hence why it wasn't included in the case, dear.

What do you think of Hopeless, rayn?

But you were, because you said all of his contributions....
Why are you changing your story?

I don't have a read on Hopeless yet.


All of his contributions that I quoted. My story isn't changing at all.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 152
-ZergGirl 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1817
Hyuk 262
910 67
Yoon 38
Bale 34
NotJumperer 28
ZergMaN 17
yabsab 13
Icarus 8
League of Legends
JimRising 638
Reynor49
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox595
Mew2King59
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor222
Other Games
summit1g6076
WinterStarcraft400
PiGStarcraft251
C9.Mang0201
Sick191
Livibee170
ArmadaUGS48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick660
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream215
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2311
League of Legends
• Stunt467
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 44m
Stellar Fest
6h 44m
The PondCast
1d 3h
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
OSC
1d 17h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.