• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:02
CEST 02:02
KST 09:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1 [IPSL] IPSL is Back With Winter 26-27!
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9935 users

[Interview] SPL SKT vs. MVP/KT vs. CJ Winner R1

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Mintie
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia563 Posts
December 31 2013 02:10 GMT
#1
Rain - "Come support us at the studio!"
Rain, feeling the pressure of being the favourites to win Proleague this season.

[image loading]

After winning the first game of Proleague this season, Rain revealed that the goal of the team this year was to be the champions.

Rain, of team SK Telecom, defeated Dream, of team MVP in the 1st game of the 1st match of the 1st round of the 2014 SKT Proleague at the Nexon Arena.

Rain gained an advantage with blink stalkers before using psionic storms to claim the victory over his opponent.



How do you feel about being sent out first in the first match of the season, and winning?

To be honest, I was worried that I'd have trouble adjusting to the new stadium. I worried because I was first up as well, so it's a relief that I did win the match.

Did you prepare a blink stalker build to use against Dream?

It was a prepared build. I was thrown out a little because he didn't do as I expected. I thought I had lost because I didn't get warpgate but I ended up winning anyway.

You let the Reaper scout your base

With my build, it doesn't matter if the opponent knows. The timing was messed up though, because he delayed my expansion.

People are looking at SKT as the favourites this season

It's a lot of pressure. I think it's natural that people would say that. Even when I look at our team, I feel like we should definitely win. But I do think that with games, you can't know. When there were rumours that Soulkey was coming to our team, people started saying that they should go for a holiday overseas and concentrate on the season afterward, since we were going to have so many winners on our team.

It was iloveoov's first match. What did he ask of you?

He knew that we were good, and because he didn't want to put any more pressure on us he didn't ask anything of us. Because he knows our skills, he trusted us and told us to just concentrated on the game.

How were the settings in the booth?

The settings at the venue were really good. The USB ports were all out externally, so it was really comfortable.

What are your personal goals?

The goal is for the team to win. It's the SKT Proleague, so I think that we have to win no matter what.

Any last things you want to mention?

Proleague has started, and now that I've been able to come to the stadium I think it's really great. It's even located in Gangnam, which is great, so I'd like it if a lot of people came to watch us.




TY - "I felt a lot of pressure after switching teams"
TY, feeling the pressure a little less after getting his first win.

[image loading]

After his first win, TY is feeling a little less burdened.

TY, of team KT Rolster, defeated herO, of team CJ Entus in the 4th match of the 1st Round of the SK Proleague held at the Nexon Arena.

On Yeonsu, TY was able to withstand heavy pressure early on, despite unending attacks from herO using stalkers, then blink stalkers, then dark templar. At an engagement near the xel'naga tower TY showed off his control, picking up Marines and Marauders in Medivacs during Psionic Storms and claimed the win.


You were able to get your first win after switching teams

I felt a lot of pressure and stress to show good results after changing teams, so I'm happy about being able to take the win. I'm feeling a bit calmer after being able to get a win.

Before transitioning to SC2, you weren't able to get even one win against herO

In all the games I lost against herO hyung, they were all matches where I got an early advantage but lost anyway. This time, I was able to go with my advantage and consolidate behind it well, and I think that's why I was able to take the win.

You did well defending the blink stalker's on Yeonsu

herO generally likes using blink stalkers, so I had them in my mind. I think that there was no great difficulty in defending them. On Yeonsu, there are so many spots where they can blink into the base so after thinking about it a lot, I just tried building a sensor tower and it worked well so I did it in the game.

In the first map, Flash lost. How was the mood in the team?

Flash did lose in the first map, but because there are so many good players on the team I was sure that we'd win maps 2 and 3 so there weren't any great worries.

What are your personal goals for this season?

The most important thing is making KT the champions. I haven't decided on any individual goals, but as the season progresses, I'm planning on thinking on it a bit more.

In the previous match, your old team Jin Air lost.

Even though I'm a KT player now, it was still sad watching Jin Air lose. They're all good players so I'd like them to win as soon as possible, with the exception of the next match against us

What are your predictions for the next match against Jin Air?

KT will win. As much as I know how good the Jin Air players are, I also know their weaknesses. Personally, I think it's a do-able match.

Anything you'd like to add?

I want to thank the fans for cheering for us until so late. I want to thank my friend Sojung too
partydude89
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
1850 Posts
December 31 2013 02:17 GMT
#2
great interviews, thanks!
#1 Official Hack Fan|#2 Bomber behind Wintex.|Curious|Life|Flash|TY|Cure|Maru|sOs|Jin Air Green Wings fighting!|SBENU Fighting!|
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
December 31 2013 02:18 GMT
#3
thanks for the translation! Great interviews. I too am still shocked that Flash lost lol but sounds like TY is more confident in his abilities which is a good thing
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
SoFrOsTy
Profile Joined December 2011
United States525 Posts
December 31 2013 02:24 GMT
#4
I hope we get a lot more of these. I know they are difficult for the translators to keep up with, but they really enhance the experience of proleague.

Thanks so much for the interview Mintie!
Julyzerg ftw
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 31 2013 02:26 GMT
#5
thanks mintie!
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
December 31 2013 02:34 GMT
#6
After winning the first game of Proleague this season, Rain revealed that the goal of the team this year was to be the champions.


NO WAY!

Thanks for the interviews
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
December 31 2013 04:19 GMT
#7
thanks a lot for the translation.
Zest fanboy.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-31 04:22:19
December 31 2013 04:21 GMT
#8
He should have felt the pressure last season considering Telecom used him almost at every turn hue. As for BaBy there should be hardly any pressure on him (I get it he wants to perform, but KT is far more stable than T8 ever was and now you have the two child prodigy terrans together).
TR
Profile Joined February 2011
2320 Posts
December 31 2013 05:34 GMT
#9
BaBy so good yo. Thanks for translation!
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
December 31 2013 16:47 GMT
#10
I feel like those interviews deserve some more attention. Thanks for doing them!
purakushi
Profile Joined August 2012
United States3303 Posts
December 31 2013 16:55 GMT
#11
Thanks for the interview!
T P Z sagi
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
December 31 2013 17:01 GMT
#12
Thanks
Refer to my post.
SavvyAndreas
Profile Joined December 2013
4 Posts
December 31 2013 17:10 GMT
#13
--- Nuked ---
Muffloe
Profile Joined December 2012
Sweden6061 Posts
December 31 2013 17:15 GMT
#14
On December 31 2013 11:34 Bagration wrote:
Show nested quote +
After winning the first game of Proleague this season, Rain revealed that the goal of the team this year was to be the champions.


NO WAY!

Thanks for the interviews

Like yeah, he is way out on thin ice xD
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
December 31 2013 17:17 GMT
#15
SKT best KT. Rain best weather <3
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
tomastaz
Profile Joined January 2013
United States976 Posts
January 01 2014 17:24 GMT
#16
Come on Flash! We all have big hopes of you! At least make it to Blizzcon this year <3
No church in the wild --- @tzhang0126
NovaMB
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany9534 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-01 17:29:34
January 01 2014 17:29 GMT
#17
Thanks for the translation!

On December 31 2013 11:10 Mintie wrote:
You let the Reaper scout your base

With my build, it doesn't matter if the opponent knows. The timing was messed up though, because he delayed my expansion.

This scares the shit out of me.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings10
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta29
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
19:00
Jungsu & Hasu #1
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11372
Artosis 872
White-Ra 138
Dota 2
monkeys_forever689
League of Legends
Doublelift6976
JimRising 597
Counter-Strike
fl0m15982
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox950
AZ_Axe149
Other Games
summit1g7999
Maynarde173
KnowMe165
ArmadaUGS100
Mew2King35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1045
BasetradeTV175
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 13
lovetv 5
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 50
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 58m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
10h 58m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 58m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSA
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-09-27
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.