• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:13
CEST 02:13
KST 09:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1 [IPSL] IPSL is Back With Winter 26-27!
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10474 users

[Interview] SPL Samsung vs. Jin Air Winner R1

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
egernya
Profile Joined March 2013
Canada352 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-31 00:41:32
December 31 2013 00:35 GMT
#1
Source: http://m.sports.naver.com/esports/news/read.nhn?oid=236&aid=0000095830

"The player with the most wins is my goal for this season."

Q. How do you feel after your victory?
A. I heard that Stork or I will be picked for the ace match. When I heard my name, I was so excited, and I am happy that I won. I want to tell this my parents.

Q. You received a lot of attention when you made your debut last season.
A. I was a bit too cocky for I played on ladder. Now, I will practice in the modest way. I will practice until 4:00 AM every day.

Q, You lost to Jaedong at the final in M House cup.
A. I qualified through the online qualifier. Even though I lost to him, I learned a lot of things about the attitude. I felt that there are reasons for him being held in high esteem by so many players.

Q. Your victories were not expected.
A. I studied on him watching replays second by second. I made sure that he will be defeated at the timing.(In another article, it was said that he watched 100 replays of SoS.)

Q. Do you consider yourself a hard worker?
A. I heard that I am not talented a lot of times since I played Brood War. Since when I was amateur, I practiced so much, sleeping only 5 hours a day. Even today, to attend school, I had a very short sleep. After I visited France, I made an aim that practicing the longest time in the team. 5 to 6 hours are enough for sleep.

Q. The goal for the season?
A. To win the most, but there Flash is. (smile)

Q. You'll part in Asus winter 2014 too.
A. Because I'll have been practicing hard, I really want to win.

Q. Any last words?
A. Thanks to my coaches who believed me for the Ace match. Love to my Parents. Teammates call me a "child patriarch", and because I won 2 matches, I feel that it's gonna be a happy day.
dyDrawer
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada438 Posts
December 31 2013 00:39 GMT
#2
Uh... no offense, but Stork is on like a what, 12 game losing streak in Proleague? I feel like he shouldn't even have been considered to play in the Ace match.
Dear, Rain, PartinG, Trap - "Glory to the Firstborn"
egernya
Profile Joined March 2013
Canada352 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-31 00:43:05
December 31 2013 00:41 GMT
#3
On December 31 2013 09:39 dyDrawer wrote:
Uh... no offense, but Stork is on like a what, 12 game losing streak in Proleague? I feel like he shouldn't even have been considered to play in the Ace match.


In other words, he may play a lot better when he practice?
sparklyresidue
Profile Joined August 2011
United States5524 Posts
December 31 2013 00:44 GMT
#4
I'm glad Solar had a bit of exposure at the Mil-house cup... it was great setup to the Proleague season.
Like Tinkerbelle, I leave behind a sparkly residue.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-31 00:56:08
December 31 2013 00:47 GMT
#5
Congrats to Solar! Sad that sos lost but ya, the best player in that game won or so I hope since I didn't watch the games lol. Thanks for the translation!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Tamagoshi
Profile Joined September 2012
Brazil981 Posts
December 31 2013 00:56 GMT
#6
On December 31 2013 09:47 BigFan wrote:
Congrats to Solar! Sad that sos lost but ya, the best player in that game won or so I hope since I didn't watch the games lol.

The ace match was really good imo
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
December 31 2013 00:56 GMT
#7
On December 31 2013 09:56 Tamagoshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2013 09:47 BigFan wrote:
Congrats to Solar! Sad that sos lost but ya, the best player in that game won or so I hope since I didn't watch the games lol.

The ace match was really good imo

I had to go to sleep so I missed it but read the comments and it seemed like sOs made a mistake and overcommitted or something which is why he lost. I may take another look though to see how it went
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
GTPGlitch
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
5061 Posts
December 31 2013 00:59 GMT
#8
On December 31 2013 09:56 Tamagoshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2013 09:47 BigFan wrote:
Congrats to Solar! Sad that sos lost but ya, the best player in that game won or so I hope since I didn't watch the games lol.

The ace match was really good imo


he stayed way too long at Solar's third and Solar basically won by making zerglings because for some reason sOs decided to go void rays really slowly, with no ground army, and even though Solar had three or four botched lign attacks sOs just sat at his third and let Solar make ling/infestor/ultra/queen with no harass apart from the first attack...

I dunno how that's good >.>
Jo Byung Se #1 fan | CJ_Rush(reborn) fan | Liquid'Jinro(ret) fan | Liquid'Taeja fan | oGsTheSuperNada fan | Iris[gm](ret) fan |
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
December 31 2013 01:01 GMT
#9
On December 31 2013 09:56 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2013 09:56 Tamagoshi wrote:
On December 31 2013 09:47 BigFan wrote:
Congrats to Solar! Sad that sos lost but ya, the best player in that game won or so I hope since I didn't watch the games lol.

The ace match was really good imo

I had to go to sleep so I missed it but read the comments and it seemed like sOs made a mistake and overcommitted or something which is why he lost. I may take another look though to see how it went


sOs did a really aggressive, low economy pressure build that Solar held by basically just flooding slow lings and constantly making queens. So sOs was left with very low tech, the third base for Solar stayed up and he got his production, drone count and tech to a good place much quicker than sOs who had trouble even getting a third base established at any reasonable time. Solar just capitalized on sOs' lack of options and finished him off easily.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
hellokitty[hk]
Profile Joined June 2009
United States1309 Posts
December 31 2013 01:03 GMT
#10
On December 31 2013 09:39 dyDrawer wrote:
Uh... no offense, but Stork is on like a what, 12 game losing streak in Proleague?

No he's on like a 100 game loosing streak.
People are imbeciles, lucky thing god made cats.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
December 31 2013 01:42 GMT
#11
On December 31 2013 10:01 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2013 09:56 BigFan wrote:
On December 31 2013 09:56 Tamagoshi wrote:
On December 31 2013 09:47 BigFan wrote:
Congrats to Solar! Sad that sos lost but ya, the best player in that game won or so I hope since I didn't watch the games lol.

The ace match was really good imo

I had to go to sleep so I missed it but read the comments and it seemed like sOs made a mistake and overcommitted or something which is why he lost. I may take another look though to see how it went


sOs did a really aggressive, low economy pressure build that Solar held by basically just flooding slow lings and constantly making queens. So sOs was left with very low tech, the third base for Solar stayed up and he got his production, drone count and tech to a good place much quicker than sOs who had trouble even getting a third base established at any reasonable time. Solar just capitalized on sOs' lack of options and finished him off easily.

hmm I see, thanks!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Tamagoshi
Profile Joined September 2012
Brazil981 Posts
December 31 2013 01:56 GMT
#12
On December 31 2013 09:59 GTPGlitch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 31 2013 09:56 Tamagoshi wrote:
On December 31 2013 09:47 BigFan wrote:
Congrats to Solar! Sad that sos lost but ya, the best player in that game won or so I hope since I didn't watch the games lol.

The ace match was really good imo


he stayed way too long at Solar's third and Solar basically won by making zerglings because for some reason sOs decided to go void rays really slowly, with no ground army, and even though Solar had three or four botched lign attacks sOs just sat at his third and let Solar make ling/infestor/ultra/queen with no harass apart from the first attack...

I dunno how that's good >.>

sOs made some mistakes, but Solar played really solid. he didn't leave many openings for sOs.. I think it was an entertaining game overall.

I was cheering for Samsung though, maybe I am biased
jubil
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2602 Posts
December 31 2013 02:21 GMT
#13
Although the ace was more enjoyable to watch, I was also pretty impressed with his first match. It looked like a very tailored build that he managed to pull off without a hitch. Of course sOs is also to blame for not scouting well enough and not walling, but Solar I think does deserve credit for timing his fake third and the attack itself at the right moment. Good mindgames.
Marineking-Polt-Maru-Fantasy-Solar-Xenocider-Suppy fighting!
SoFrOsTy
Profile Joined December 2011
United States525 Posts
December 31 2013 02:26 GMT
#14
Solar played well, no taking that away from him. Sad to see sOs go down so easy in that first game, but he made pretty big mistake not having anything close to a wall and having his sentry in the main.
Julyzerg ftw
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 31 2013 02:27 GMT
#15
solar seems well prepared, pity his value is really high now so it's hard to trade for him lol
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Baadbeat
Profile Joined June 2011
France203 Posts
December 31 2013 03:24 GMT
#16
Solar really looks like a solid player! Couldn't see the games but he played really well in the M-House cup

Damn I was so close of puting him on my FPL team.
tomastaz
Profile Joined January 2013
United States976 Posts
January 01 2014 17:40 GMT
#17
Come on Stork I believe in you!
No church in the wild --- @tzhang0126
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings29
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta33
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
19:00
Jungsu & Hasu #1
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 126
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11093
Artosis 869
White-Ra 137
Dota 2
monkeys_forever760
League of Legends
Doublelift6374
JimRising 624
Counter-Strike
fl0m17243
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox914
AZ_Axe160
Other Games
summit1g8578
KnowMe265
Maynarde192
ArmadaUGS119
Mew2King31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1064
BasetradeTV176
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 11
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 61
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 47m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
10h 47m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.