• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:01
CEST 21:01
KST 04:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6858 users

[Interview] WCS Korea GSL S3 Champion!

Forum Index > SC2 General
69 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Mintie
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia563 Posts
October 19 2013 23:06 GMT
#1
Dear - "I was confident, I knew I would win"
After today's victory, I will be able to work even harder in the future"

[image loading]

Source : ThisIsGame

Dear, beating soO, was able to record his first victory in an individual league.

Dear (of team SouL) was able to defeat soO (of team SK Telecom) 4:2 at the WCS KR S3 finals held at the Uniqlo AX Hall on the 19th. He becomes the second royal roader in GSL history, following Life (of team Startale)

You've become a champion for the first time in your life. This must be a brand new experience for you.

Even before I got to the finals, I was confident and I knew I would win. Maybe because of that I feel like I'm less happy than I should be, but I still feel really good. Because the season finals are still coming, I'm still a little all over the place.

Not only did you become a champion for the first time, but you also became a GSL royal roader.

Because it was my first finals and a chance at walking the royal road, there was a lot of pressure on my shoulders. I wanted to have it all. Because of that, I practiced harder for this than any match before. I think because of that, I was able to get a good result.

[image loading]

Over your career, you've had a lot of different teams.

I felt like I was progressing each time I moved between teams. After leaving from Hwaseung, I started playing broadcasted matches and after I started at STX I became a regular in the rotation. Although it's not certain at SouL, I feel like I've grown a lot. It's not a good thing to be moving teams, but I feel like it's been a great help to me.

A lot of the commentators predicted a 4:2 win for soO

I think that a lot of analysts think that I'm strong in the early and mid-games, but weak in the late-game. However, in contrast I'm confident in my mechanics and I like going to the late-game. I just had a lot of confidence in my ability to end things in the early or mid-game, which is why I had used the builds that I did throughout the tournament. I feel a little regretful about the analysis of the commentators.

At the media-day, you mentioned that you were doing the dishes even the day before the match.

I think because I was in the finals, I was exempt from dishes and cleaning duty (laughter)

Woongjin's sOs came to the finals today.

As long as it's not a match with Woongjin, I get a lot of help from sOs. Every match, he helps me as if it were his own.

In the 3rd map, you suffered a comeback from soO despite being ahead.

During the first map, I felt really uncertain. I did lose the 3rd map, but I thought of it as having switched places in a way with the 3rd map, and didn't get too disheartened by it.

[image loading]

You have 2250 WCS Points so far. You still haven't secured a spot in the global finals.

I'm planning to take the prize money and treat my team-mates and those I know, take a little for pocket money and then give the rest to my parents. If I hadn't won today, my situation would be much more insecure. I am planning to practice non-stop until the season finals. I think that I will get good results at the season finals.

This year, there were no repeat finalists.

I think that the most important thing for a gamer is strength of will. I think after this victory, I've gotten a bit stronger. I did win today, but I don't think that I'm incredibly good. I still have a lot of weaknesses. In order for people to acknowledge that I'm a true champion, I think that I have to keep working hard. Because of today, I can work even harder than normal.

I think it will be amazing if I can win at the season finals that are almost upon us. Because the season finals draws the best 16 players from across the 3 regions, a lot of the matches are decided by who's in better condition. I will work as hard as possible.

Is there anything you'd like to add to finish off?

A lot of people came out to the finals. I want to tell them that I'm really thankful. A lot of people worked really hard to help me practice. I want to thank Azubu_Symbol, EG_Revival, Woongjin_Soulkey, Axiom_Impact, FXO_Leenock, JinAir_Coca, JinAir_Savage and from my team SouL Hyvaa, SSanaEE and YoungJoo. I want to thank sOs for helping me as if it were his own finals, even though he's not even on my team. I want to really thank Head Coach Kim Min Ki and Coach Park Jae Seok for coming out to the finals.

Because of my victory today, I want to spend today with a happy heart and work hard towards doing well at the season finals. I especially want to thank the coaches again, Kim Min Ki, Park Jae Seok and Choi Yeon Seok for creating this position for a pro-gamer.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
October 19 2013 23:10 GMT
#2
thanks for the interview
TL+ Member
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
October 19 2013 23:14 GMT
#3
Congrats to Dear! Thanks for translating the interview!
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Lunareste
Profile Joined July 2011
United States3596 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-19 23:42:29
October 19 2013 23:42 GMT
#4
Grats Dear!

Look at that list of people helping him practice! Other than Jaedong he pretty much had all of the best Zergs in the world to help him practice.
KT FlaSh FOREVER
SkullZ9
Profile Joined April 2011
Belgium2048 Posts
October 19 2013 23:46 GMT
#5
So many emotions on his face, amazing !
KanoCoke
Profile Joined June 2011
Japan863 Posts
October 20 2013 01:10 GMT
#6
Congratulations to Dear.

He's likely to be the only Protoss champion besides MC who seems very consistent.
Also, Royal Roader and 3rd ever Protoss Champion in the GSL (1st in HotS).

He certainly deserves all these titles and praise.
Will always cheer for: MMA Bomber Taeja Curious Life herO Zest
tomastaz
Profile Joined January 2013
United States976 Posts
October 20 2013 01:13 GMT
#7
So happy for Dear as well as for team Soul!
No church in the wild --- @tzhang0126
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
October 20 2013 02:00 GMT
#8
oh Dear...
Congratz
awesomoecalypse
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2235 Posts
October 20 2013 02:07 GMT
#9
Congrats Dear, definitely well-earned
He drone drone drone. Me win. - ogsMC
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
October 20 2013 02:13 GMT
#10
Generic interview imho. I was watching the games tho.
illsick
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1770 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-20 02:29:48
October 20 2013 02:27 GMT
#11
the old GSL trophies were so much better, the new ones are ugly
you live and you learn
Jmanthedragonguy
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada1202 Posts
October 20 2013 02:31 GMT
#12
GJ Dear, WP ^^
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
October 20 2013 02:34 GMT
#13
On October 20 2013 11:27 illsick wrote:
the old GSL trophies were so much better, the new ones are ugly


Agreed. Please get rid of that horrible trophy design. >_<
FlyingSteaks
Profile Joined April 2012
Brazil433 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-20 02:49:40
October 20 2013 02:47 GMT
#14
"I want to thank Azubu_Symbol, EG_Revival, Woongjin_Soulkey, Axiom_Impact, FXO_Leenock, JinAir_Coca, JinAir_Savage and from my team SouL Hyvaa, SSanaEE and YoungJoo. I want to thank sOs"

Wow, quite the list, but surprised he didn't mention Trap. And f*** yeah I knew Dear would win!
1015Fan
Profile Joined November 2010
United States86 Posts
October 20 2013 02:50 GMT
#15
On October 20 2013 11:27 illsick wrote:
the old GSL trophies were so much better, the new ones are ugly


It looks like blocks of plastic stacked on top of each other <.<
I know its not actually plastic but still ><
LockeTazeline
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
2390 Posts
October 20 2013 02:57 GMT
#16
Gratz Dear!
DBS
Profile Joined July 2012
515 Posts
October 20 2013 03:01 GMT
#17
Gratz. I'm rooting for you to make it to blizzcon
"a pitchfork is for hay. a trident is for killing bitches." -djwheat
GatsbyTheGreat
Profile Joined October 2013
68 Posts
October 20 2013 03:13 GMT
#18
Legend of the fall continues. Grats, Dear!
GatsbyTheGreat
Profile Joined October 2013
68 Posts
October 20 2013 03:16 GMT
#19
On October 20 2013 11:47 FlyingSteaks wrote:
"I want to thank Azubu_Symbol, EG_Revival, Woongjin_Soulkey, Axiom_Impact, FXO_Leenock, JinAir_Coca, JinAir_Savage and from my team SouL Hyvaa, SSanaEE and YoungJoo. I want to thank sOs"

Wow, quite the list, but surprised he didn't mention Trap. And f*** yeah I knew Dear would win!


Probably like those kind of things that award receiver thanked everyone but forgot his own wife.
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
October 20 2013 03:19 GMT
#20
On October 20 2013 12:16 GatsbyTheGreat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2013 11:47 FlyingSteaks wrote:
"I want to thank Azubu_Symbol, EG_Revival, Woongjin_Soulkey, Axiom_Impact, FXO_Leenock, JinAir_Coca, JinAir_Savage and from my team SouL Hyvaa, SSanaEE and YoungJoo. I want to thank sOs"

Wow, quite the list, but surprised he didn't mention Trap. And f*** yeah I knew Dear would win!


Probably like those kind of things that award receiver thanked everyone but forgot his own wife.

Trap isn't a zerg....
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM923
TKL 315
TaKeTV 288
IndyStarCraft 221
BRAT_OK 118
ZombieGrub19
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 923
TKL 315
IndyStarCraft 221
MaxPax 138
BRAT_OK 118
UpATreeSC 95
JuggernautJason35
ZombieGrub19
EmSc Tv 19
Nathanias 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 698
ggaemo 173
White-Ra 127
firebathero 106
Barracks 58
910 54
Hyun 37
Trap 26
Killer 26
Bale 21
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 19
Shine 18
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva4537
Counter-Strike
Fnx 786
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7754
crisheroes1852
Liquid`Hasu1639
Trikslyr52
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4194
singsing1430
summit1g994
Beastyqt762
ceh9637
B2W.Neo393
shahzam273
C9.Mang0154
KnowMe126
ArmadaUGS109
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream388
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 178
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 25
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• FirePhoenix14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2321
• TFBlade834
Other Games
• Shiphtur252
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 59m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.