• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:39
CEST 03:39
KST 10:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8955 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XLIII

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
June 19 2013 19:31 GMT
#28
/in
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
June 20 2013 16:21 GMT
#50
On June 20 2013 05:42 Ange777 wrote:
I played my first Newbie Game with FirmTofu :D

OH HEY! How's it going? I love you <3 Have you been playing regularly? I'm trying mafia again because it's summer now and I have bunches of time.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
June 22 2013 20:52 GMT
#99
ONE MORE! The anticipation is killing me...
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
June 23 2013 19:49 GMT
#111
On June 24 2013 04:44 geript wrote:
The game will be starting tonight in [unparsable timestamp format]

Could you update the op with the updated player list? Thanks!
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
June 24 2013 01:08 GMT
#122
I would like to establish my innocence at this point, so as to dispel any thoughts about my future alignment.

I have never killed or assisted in killing ANYONE in my entire life. Thus, it would be presumptuous to accuse me of being a murderer or an accomplice to murder.

Thank you for reading.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
June 24 2013 02:15 GMT
#135
Scum Hunt Day 1:
On June 24 2013 10:59 Chromatically wrote:
hey guys

Analysis: Trying to appear friendly with an innocuous greeting. Seems to project an air of insecurity.
Preliminary Conclusion: Scum

On June 24 2013 11:01 StiMaDDict wrote:
so it begins..

Analysis: Neutral statement of fact.
Preliminary Conclusion: Need more information.

On June 24 2013 11:02 Spicydinosaur wrote:
Hey everyone

Analysis: Exudes power with strong capitalization techniques along with a greeting.
Preliminary Conclusion: A leader with a powerful role.

On June 24 2013 11:03 Xzavier wrote:
Spicy <3 hello again.

Analysis: Trying to establish a connection with a player that he has interacted with prior to this game. A metagaming, manipulative sort of move.
Preliminary Conclusion: Scummy

On June 24 2013 11:04 Chromatically wrote:
Why so scummy, Spicy?

Analysis: First baseless accusation. As the old chinese proverb states, "He who smelt it, dealt it."
Preliminary Conclusion: Scum

Suggested Lynch: Chromatically
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
June 24 2013 02:29 GMT
#143
On June 24 2013 11:21 Xzavier wrote:
jesus somebody went a long way to post alot of nothing xD

Lighten up bud, I was trying to make some conversation and get things started.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
June 24 2013 02:58 GMT
#160
On June 24 2013 11:46 Hurricane Sponge wrote:
The fun part comes with the Tracker and the Nosy Neighbor (and by extension Parity Cop). The Tracker should secretly track the Nosy Neighbor. AGAIN, MR. OR MRS. TRACKER: DO NOT CLAIM NOW. If we have a Nosy Neighbor, they should claim IMMEDIATELY. Once the Tracker can confirm that the Nosy Neighbor is in fact moving around at night, but not visiting the person who got Mafia-killed, WE CAN ESTABLISH HIM AS TOWN. This is a big deal. The Parity Cop can then tag the confirmed Nosy Neighbor as Town and start measuring up suspects against them. If he gets a 'Different' claim, the other person is Scum. If he gets 'Same', they are town.


Whoa, whoa, slow down there bud, the Nosy Neighbor should NOT be claiming right now. Have a look at the rolecard again.

On June 18 2013 14:22 geript wrote:
Alpha 5 -- Nosy Neighbour
You visit a random person at night and do nothing, but can be tracked there and watched visiting. You are aware of this behaviour, but are not able to stop it or even control it.


See that? The part where it says RANDOM? The dude can't pick who he visits, so there's no point in revealing him. He might be visiting someone who isn't mafia-killed, sure, but he could just as easily be one of the mafia roles that doesn't kill. I appreciate the sentiment, but your plan is ill-advised and short-sighted.

You also are under the assumption that we have a tracker and that this tracker is going to reveal on day 2 to confirm the nosy neighbor as town. It's all very presumptuous and ill-conceived.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
June 24 2013 03:01 GMT
#162
As an aside, I would prefer if the accusations remained within the confines of this game and this game only. That is to say, judging people on the differences between their past games and this one is a rather boring way to play the game.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
June 24 2013 03:09 GMT
#165
On June 24 2013 12:07 hzflank wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2013 12:01 FirmTofu wrote:
As an aside, I would prefer if the accusations remained within the confines of this game and this game only. That is to say, judging people on the differences between their past games and this one is a rather boring way to play the game.


But on day one, is that not all we have to go off of?

No, Hurricane Sponge kindly provided some objectionable material for us to look over. Take some to go over some of Spicy Dinosaur's posts as well.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
June 24 2013 03:12 GMT
#168
On June 24 2013 12:10 Hurricane Sponge wrote:
Alright, it appears that my plan has oversights that are unacceptable risks at this juncture. Thank you to the veteran players (or just simply better players) who found them so quickly. Personally, I'm more concerned about Chromatic's point (regarding letting mafia call their shot on blues) than the risk of a mafia-tracker claiming NN, but I will not protest if we continue the scum-hunt without regard for my posted plan.

To me, everyone who is posting one-liners looks spammy to me, but I think the 'everyone is scum until they convince me otherwise' mentality isn't the worst thing in the world. Spicy and Xzavier are on my radar for the fluff and nonsense at the beginning. Chromatically and FirmTofu seem the most town as they were very quick to point out what were (in their view) flaws in a plan to move forward that may have compromised the town.

For the time being, I am willing to forgive you for your plan because I honestly believe it was a newbie mistake. However, I reserve the right to change my opinion!
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
June 24 2013 03:28 GMT
#175
On June 24 2013 12:24 Hurricane Sponge wrote:
The Case on Xzavier being spammy:

None of this is useable for me. That could just be me sucking at reads (no, really. This is a possibility), but none of this material brings anything new to the table for me or encourages serious scum-hunting discussion.


Yeah, he's spammy, sure. Yeah, he hasn't contributed much, sure. Unfortunately, there are plenty of people who haven't contributed and spam is ok at this point because there isn't a whole lot to talk about. I don't this is sufficient evidence to justify a lynch.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
June 24 2013 03:30 GMT
#179
Quoted Player List for reference:
On June 18 2013 14:22 geript wrote:
The Players

  1. Hurricane Sponge
  2. Onegu
  3. Chromatically
  4. Xzavier
  5. StiMaDDict
  6. FirmTofu
  7. fyfy
  8. hzflank
  9. Alakaslam
  10. Aquanim
  11. Spicydinosaur
  12. LoneMeow


We still have yet to hear from Onegu, fyfy, Alakaslam, and LoneMeow.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
June 24 2013 03:36 GMT
#183
I actually do believe Spicydinosaur is scummy, but not for the reasons that Hurricane Sponge states.

In all of his posts, he is extremely defensive. At the slightest mention of someone accusing him of anything, he flares up in his own defense. This could be due to his personality or it could be that he is extremely afraid of getting lynched. If it is indeed the latter, he is likely to be a powerful role, town or mafia. This is my preliminary assessment.

(It's funny that this real analysis is in agreement with my fluff analysis at the beginning of the game)
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
June 24 2013 03:44 GMT
#190
On June 24 2013 12:39 Spicydinosaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2013 12:36 FirmTofu wrote:
I actually do believe Spicydinosaur is scummy, but not for the reasons that Hurricane Sponge states.

In all of his posts, he is extremely defensive. At the slightest mention of someone accusing him of anything, he flares up in his own defense. This could be due to his personality or it could be that he is extremely afraid of getting lynched. If it is indeed the latter, he is likely to be a powerful role, town or mafia. This is my preliminary assessment.

(It's funny that this real analysis is in agreement with my fluff analysis at the beginning of the game)


I do this in all my games, check out Les Mafiafor a good example. Though i don't see how that is alignment indicative as no one wants to get lynched.

I won't bother looking at your past games, because I believe you should only be judged on your actions in this game. As I mentioned before, you could very well have a defensive personality, so I am not saying you are definitely scum or anything like that.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
June 24 2013 04:27 GMT
#208
[QUOTE]On June 24 2013 12:30 FirmTofu wrote:
Quoted Player List for reference:
[QUOTE]On June 18 2013 14:22 geript wrote:
The Players

  1. Hurricane Sponge
  2. Onegu
  3. Chromatically
  4. Xzavier
  5. StiMaDDict
  6. FirmTofu
  7. fyfy
  8. hzflank
  9. Alakaslam
  10. Aquanim
  11. Spicydinosaur
  12. LoneMeow

[/QUOTE]
Lurkers: fyfy, Aquanium, LoneMeow, StiMaDDict, Alakaslam (Sorry, I know you said you were eating, but for all intents and purposes, you haven't posted at all.)
Let's keep a close watch on these guys before we start voting.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
June 24 2013 04:34 GMT
#212
On June 24 2013 13:22 hzflank wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2013 13:00 Chromatically wrote:
hz, do you have any scumreads?


At the moment I am looking at FirmTofu. His chain of attack and defense looks like:

Attack Chromatically
Attack Xzavier
Attack Hurricane
Attack Spicy
Defend Hurricane
Defend Xzavier
Attack Spicy

For some reason the defenses seem a little out of place to me, especially the defense on Xzavier. On the other hand I believe Hurricane to be town as if he were scum then he is very brave to make the first post that he did.

I am also very aware that I made an slightly extended attack on Spicy, who now seems to be FirmTofu's main target. I am wondering if he thinks Spicy is a good lynch target because he can count on my vote.(1)

He has also said twice that we should only use information from this game and not previous games. I think town should have access to as much information as possible in order to lynch scum.

Therefore to me, FirmTofu is currently the scummiest player.(2)

You are taking an extremely simplified approach to analyze my actions. I am not "attacking" or "defending" anyone. I am stating my opinions on how various people are behaving. If you can't distinguish between the two, we have a serious problem here. You can't say that my "defenses" are out of place without even looking at the context of the situation. Read my quote, see if it makes sense to you, and form an opinion based on that.

Furthermore, this post is as scummy as scummy gets. You state that you can side with me as I pursue a lynch on Spicy(see 1), but you also consider me to be the scummiest player(see 2). How are these two chain of thoughts compatible?
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
June 24 2013 06:18 GMT
#238
Sorry guys, the bbcode did a number on me.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T QUOTE MESSED UP BBCODE.

I have the bbcode fixed below, so if you want to quote the list, use this.
On June 24 2013 13:27 FirmTofu wrote:
Quoted Player List for reference:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2013 14:22 geript wrote:
The Players

  1. Hurricane Sponge
  2. Onegu
  3. Chromatically
  4. Xzavier
  5. StiMaDDict
  6. FirmTofu
  7. fyfy
  8. hzflank
  9. Alakaslam
  10. Aquanim
  11. Spicydinosaur
  12. LoneMeow




I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
June 24 2013 06:26 GMT
#240
On June 24 2013 15:21 Aquanim wrote:
@FirmTofu: What is your read on Chromatically?

Give me a sec, I'm reading up the thread again.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
FirmTofu
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1956 Posts
June 24 2013 07:09 GMT
#244
I know Aquanim wanted me to comment on Chromatically, but I would rather address his suggestion to have the NN roleclaim.

Let's have a look at how a roleclaim would play out for scum and town separately so it is easier to visualize.

Event: NN roleclaims
Scum Information Set: Know who the NN is with a rather high degree of certainty
Town Information Set: Could be an NN or could be scum faking NN. Learn absolutely nothing.

Just based on the information that each side gains, we can see that scum takes a clear lead instantaneously. They will choose to avoid the NN if they have a Tracker and can proceed to eliminate one person from the long list of priority targets.

Town remains confused as to the NN's alignment and ends up in a shitty situation.

If you can find a way to resolve this issue, Aquanim, I would love to hear it. Otherwise, I have you pegged as scum.
I lie a lot when I'm town. I never lie when I'm scum.
1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 51
NaDa 24
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm230
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9362
JimRising 778
ViBE149
Mew2King91
ArmadaUGS78
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1302
BasetradeTV174
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream117
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• davetesta59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 21m
INu's Battles
10h 21m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
13h 21m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 21m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 21m
Replay Cast
21h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 9h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.