• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:33
CEST 02:33
KST 09:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8463 users

[Interview] SPL SKT vs KT Round 6 2012-2013

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-18 19:36:43
June 13 2013 20:26 GMT
#1
500+ Translation celebratory blog! http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=417102 Please check it out if you have time. Thank you



[image loading]


SPL Interviews for this Week:

    (Clicking on the link will take you to that interview)
  • 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 8th Team vs Woongjin Stars Interview
  • 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 CJ Entus vs EG-TL Interview
  • 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 Samsung KHAN vs 8th Team Winner Interview
  • 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 SK Telecom T1 vs KT Rolster Winner Interview
  • 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 Samsung KHAN vs STX SouL Winner Interview



(T)SK Telecom T1 FanTaSy

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

It’s been a while since you grabbed a victory. How do you feel?

My pace has not been good these days so I am glad that I was able to win. I also think my happiness multiplied because I beat a strong opponent like Flash.

You must have been concerned about the fact that your opponent was Flash.

Flash is really good at TvT so I told myself that playing regularly would be too difficult. So I decided to play a responsive style to what Flash would be doing so I practiced really hard with my teammates so I could experiment on a lot of things. I had yet to beat Flash this year so I think I’m going to able to approach all my games with confidence from here on out since I finally beat him for the first time.

How did you prepare your responsive strategy for Flash?

I knew that there was this one build order that Flash liked to use frequently. But he played a little differently today. It wasn’t what I expected but I was able to respond properly cause I was familiar with Flash.

Did you come out with a widowmines strategy just for Flash?

I’m sure everyone is thinking that I came with a widowmine strategy just for Flash but that’s not true (laughs). I’ve always thought that widowmines are good against battlecruisers so once I saw Flash go for bcs I just decided to respond with widowmines.

It must be risky to use widowmines against battlecruisers.

The way I see it, I just don’t think anyone else really realizes how to use this strat (laughs). There really isn’t that much of a risk (laughs). After that, I’m pretty sure that a lot of players will start doing this to respond against players who go for quick bcs.

As of late, you haven’t been in your best form.

I don’t really mind losing here and there for televised matches but I started losing a lot of confidence because I lost during practice as well. These days, I not only go through up and downs for the feel of the game but also for my skills for the game. I’ve been going through a rather difficult time as of late so I want to keep riding this momentum since I took down a strong opponent today.

You were placed into the group of death for WCS Ro32 OSL.

I’ve been really lucky with group placements up until now, but I got placed into the group of death right from the Ro32 so I got flustered when I found out. But it is a group that’s going to get a lot of attention right? So I am going to have to work harder. I think the bo1 format actually helps me out. I have to play Life so I think it’s better to just play him once than to play him in a bo3 (laughs). I think that I could even beat him if I just prepare well.

Anything else you would like to say?

There was a long time to prepare after the entries for today’s match came out. I received a lot of stress and it was a difficult time but my teammates and the coaching staff helped me out a lot. I want to take this moment to thank them.



Methods to locating SC2 interviews!

  • Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
  • Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: [image loading] If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-13 20:29:35
June 13 2013 20:28 GMT
#2
Thanks Seeker! Look forward to his ro32

edit - grats on 500 translations!
edit 2 - wait, not quite exactly 500? whatever it is, grats
Refer to my post.
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-13 20:40:54
June 13 2013 20:37 GMT
#3
Thanks for translation!
Real man play a responsive style, Fantasy showing who the real boss is here. SKT fighting!

Oh, and those widow mines, sheeesh, Flash must have nightmares from those. Anyone who hasn't checked out the game, should do so asap, really sweet game.
Get off my lawn, young punks
tl2212
Profile Joined April 2013
Belize731 Posts
June 13 2013 20:44 GMT
#4
fantasy: pushing the sc2 metagame at the professional level. fuck yes. that game was fuckin awesome fantasy built like 16 widow mines and burrowed them all and flash couldn't escape!!!! GG and congrats seeker TY

starcraft2: just do whatever you want and keep your money low into gg
economy over everything
xuanzue
Profile Joined October 2010
Colombia1747 Posts
June 13 2013 20:48 GMT
#5
You were placed into the group of death for WCS Ro32 OSL.


you know, wherever is life there will be death.
Dominions 4: "Thrones of Ascension".
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
June 13 2013 21:28 GMT
#6
Love Fantasy's using widow mines against BCs! When I saw him doing that I thought he was making a big mistake, but damn was I proven wrong! Hopefully he goes on a big winning streak starting with his win against Flash
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
June 13 2013 21:54 GMT
#7
On June 14 2013 06:28 HolyArrow wrote:
Love Fantasy's using widow mines against BCs! When I saw him doing that I thought he was making a big mistake, but damn was I proven wrong! Hopefully he goes on a big winning streak starting with his win against Flash

Yeah, what I said to myself was "they don't do much vs ultras.. they're sure as hell not going to do it against BCs", but that was a pleasant surprise
Refer to my post.
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
June 13 2013 22:03 GMT
#8
awesome interview, Fantasy is a really entertaining player to watch.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
June 13 2013 22:10 GMT
#9
Thanks for the translation seeker
theMagus
Profile Joined February 2013
578 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-13 22:14:46
June 13 2013 22:11 GMT
#10
thanks for translating.

flash is my favorite player but part of me is also glad that fantasy did well in that game. he belongs up there with the best. hope this really boosted his confidence and he does really well from here.
"Give away the stone. Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor. Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold. Let go."
prabhbhambra13
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom424 Posts
June 13 2013 22:15 GMT
#11
Thanks for translating. Fanata is a total boss. I hope he makes it out of his OSL group.
SECO SECO SECO
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
June 13 2013 22:27 GMT
#12
On June 14 2013 07:11 theMagus wrote:
thanks for translating.

flash is my favorite player but part of me is also glad that fantasy did well in that game. he belongs up there with the best. hope this really boosted his confidence and he does really well from here.


My thoughts exactly.

Thanks Seeker.
Flash | Mvp
Gorilla23
Profile Joined March 2012
United States339 Posts
June 13 2013 22:44 GMT
#13
I hope FanTaSy continues to do well. I love watching his games.

Thanks for the interview.
JayConn
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States408 Posts
June 13 2013 22:56 GMT
#14
Sick play by Fantasy. I prefer Flash, but I would like to see Fanta up there with Flash and Innovation as top 3 terrans.
ThePrince
Profile Joined October 2010
Peru331 Posts
June 13 2013 23:03 GMT
#15
Thank you seeker!
SK_MC, ST_Parting, STX_Bogus fighting!!! Colossi should shoot nukes and blink.
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
June 15 2013 11:19 GMT
#16
On June 14 2013 05:48 xuanzue wrote:
Show nested quote +
You were placed into the group of death for WCS Ro32 OSL.


you know, wherever is life there will be death.

Nice. And scary.
jjakji fan
Meatloaf
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Spain664 Posts
June 15 2013 11:50 GMT
#17
Thanks Seeker , truly appreciated it.

the game Flash vs Fantasy was so awesome to see! I always thought flash was going to win but in the end innovation made the mine work.
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
June 15 2013 12:03 GMT
#18
On June 15 2013 20:50 Meatloaf wrote:
Thanks Seeker , truly appreciated it.

the game Flash vs Fantasy was so awesome to see! I always thought flash was going to win but in the end innovation made the mine work.

Even in FvF Innovation is still on everyone's minds xD
jjakji fan
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft348
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft348
ViBE121
CosmosSc2 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1988
Artosis 603
Shuttle 559
910 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever692
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox506
Other Games
summit1g7146
JimRising 589
shahzam589
C9.Mang0269
Maynarde131
ArmadaUGS43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick933
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream135
[ Show 8 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 27m
Stellar Fest
12h 27m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.