• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:42
CEST 05:42
KST 12:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7478 users

[Winner's Interview] SSL Group Ro16 - Group B

Forum Index > BW General
15 CommentsPost a Reply
Kimoleon
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States210 Posts
April 08 2013 02:59 GMT
#1
[image loading]
Banner by Hyde


20130406 SSL Ro16 - Group B

The games were so good oh man. Go watch them here! - Small VOD Thread 2.0

Source - Daily eSports.
http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=75240 - Moved on through Winner's match.
http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=75250 - Moved on through Final match.

[Written by Daily eSports Nam Yoon Sung journalist thenam@dailyesports.com]
*Together in the eSports world with SK Telecom (www.sktelecom.com)


+ Show Spoiler [Winner's Match Interview] +


[SSL] Park Jun Oh ((Z)Killer), "Even in the 8th SSL I'm going to reach the finals."

[image loading]



Park Jun Oh ((Z)Killer) was the first player to escape the group of death. The other players in group B included Park Ji Ho ((P)Pusan), Park Soo Bum ((P)Tyson), and Kim Yoon Joong ((P)Shuttle). With so many skilled progamers in this group, the match ups created anticipation for the viewers. For Killer, he came back in his matches versus Pusan and Shuttle and took the 1st place in Group B. His game play level since the 7th SSL has not faded away.


Q. You showed your strength as the last SSL winner. Your thoughts on moving on to the Round of 8?
Killer - Group B has many strong players, and I'm happy I moved on in this tough group. I will show the viewers even better play.

Q. In your first game you simply traded armies, and it seemed your condition was below par.
Killer - My hands weren't warmed up yet. The game turned out harder than I expected. As the game went on my hands became warmed up.

Q. Don't you think you took too much damage from Pusan's harassment play?
Killer - I believe Pusan did a good job harassing. I knew the harassment play but I couldn't react well enough.

Q. Even in your games versus Shuttle, you came back from almost losing.
Killer - In our third game I made a crucial move and luckily it worked out. I contemplated back and forth to make Zerglings or Sunken Colonies.

Q. What's the reason you chose Lurkers in the first set?
Killer - Shuttle didn't use Corsairs in his strategy so I chose Lurkers. After containing him with Lurkers I wanted to enter late game management style but his the his army pushing out was stronger than I expected.

Q. Your third game was incredible. When did you pull your drone out?
Killer - After seeing the Gateways in the center, while deciding whether to send the drone to his natural or his main, I picked the latter. I hoped Shuttle wouldn't notice and my plan worked out.

Q. How did you decide to build a proxy Hatchery in Shuttle's main?
Killer - I've used this method in the past within those kinds of scenarios. I was extremely lucky today. Shuttle didn't notice my drone at all.

Q. With your tough Round of 8 matches, your desire to win two SSL's in a row must be high.
Killer - My entrance to the Round of 8 wasn't easy. I'll do even better in the Round of 8 and like last season I want to reach the finals. I will definitely reach the finals.

Q. You've mentioned in the past you wanted to return as a progamer with the release of Heart of the Swarm. How is that going?
Killer - I tried coming back as progamer but the process didn't go smoothly. All the attention when I was just preparing gave me a lot of pressure as well. First of all I want to keep communicating with my Afreeca stream viewers and continue streaming. I am keeping my eyes on SC2. I hope everyone will cheer on the SC2 players as well.



+ Show Spoiler [Final Match Interview] +



[SSL] Park Soo Bum ((P)Tyson), "Finally reaching the Round of 8, something I couldn't achieve in my Pro days."

[image loading]


After playing in MBCGame Hero and Team 8 afterwards, Park Soo Bum ((P)Tyson) finally reached an individual league Round of 8. In any OSL or MSL for Tyson never reaching a Round of 16 even once, through the Itembay Sonic Starleague he reached the Round of 8. Battling it out with Kim Yoon Joong ((P)Shuttle) and Park Ji Ho ((P)Pusan), Tyson lost to Shuttle and had to play in the Loser's match but Tyson beat his former team senior Pusan entering the Final match. Then he went on to defeat Shuttle 2-0 and received his ticket into the Round of 8.


Q. How does it feel surviving the group of death?
Tyson - I'm so happy to move on. First time in my gaming career I reached the Round of 16 and the Round of 8.

Q. You must've felt pressured when you got sent to the Loser's match.
Tyson - I felt sad from my first game against Shuttle. In the Loser's match my hands warmed up playing against Pusan and that helped me continue on to win in the final match.

Q. Playing against your former senior in MBCGame Hero Pusan must've been troublesome.
Tyson - It was very burdensome. Additionally because it was the Loser's match. You could say we have a teacher and student relationship so the pressure was high.

Q. You made many mistakes when you played against Pusan.
Tyson - I made many mistakes but Pusan also made a lot of them, which helped me play more relaxed.

Q. In your second set, didn't you get nervous using your Dark Templar strategy? Pusan used the same strategy.
Tyson - I saw his Dark Templars slightly faster. Because of that I could react faster and take the victory.

Q. Can you explain your games versus Shuttle. You were advantageous in both resource and army battles.
Tyson - The first one if I could defend it turns out advantageous for me. The second we had the same builds but I could win because I had better control.

Q. Anyone you want to avoid playing in the Round of 8?
Tyson - Disregarding match ups, if I evade Jo Il Jang ((Z)by.hero) or Killer, it'll be okay.

Q. Any last words?
Tyson - I believe I won because so many people cheered me on. I'll see you all during my broadcast when I get home. Thank you for your cheers.


Edit: Thx Jaevlaterran, fixed.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
#nanashin #once | No Sana No Life | BW Forever ~
Jaevlaterran
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden578 Posts
April 08 2013 03:07 GMT
#2
Nice! + Show Spoiler +
Killer is listed as a protoss in the beginning tho
Need a light?
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
April 08 2013 03:15 GMT
#3
Shuttle didn't use Corsairs in his strategy so I chose Lurkers.

Why is this? How does not seeing corsairs prompt lurkers?
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
April 08 2013 03:22 GMT
#4
On April 08 2013 12:15 Birdie wrote:
Show nested quote +
Shuttle didn't use Corsairs in his strategy so I chose Lurkers.

Why is this? How does not seeing corsairs prompt lurkers?

probably because he didn't need to make mutas and horde of scourges to fight for air control, so he could focus his resources on ground units.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
April 08 2013 03:28 GMT
#5
thanks for the translation
ace hwaiting!!
Dragoons
Profile Joined January 2012
140 Posts
April 08 2013 09:39 GMT
#6
thank you
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
April 08 2013 09:47 GMT
#7
The second we had the same builds but I could win because I had better control.
Didn't seem like it :/
Thanks for the interviews
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
April 08 2013 09:54 GMT
#8
Thanks for the interviews! Good stuff!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
chongu
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Malaysia2605 Posts
April 08 2013 10:14 GMT
#9
Killer & tyson fighting!~~ I love both of them. The third game was incredible as well
SC2 is to BW, what coke is to wine.
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9558 Posts
April 08 2013 10:54 GMT
#10
Thank you for translating!

I was really hoping Shuttle would advance though :/
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
April 08 2013 12:03 GMT
#11
I had better control.


Tyson now in the running against Zelot for "most full of shit".
Boonbag
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
France3318 Posts
April 08 2013 15:26 GMT
#12
shuttle out of ssl makes me fucking sad

movie fighting >.>
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
April 08 2013 16:23 GMT
#13
tyson gonna date stargirl or what?
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
Sayle
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom3685 Posts
April 08 2013 16:53 GMT
#14
On April 09 2013 01:23 dRaW wrote:
tyson gonna date stargirl or what?


At least with his reaver control, there's no risk of her getting knocked up.
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
April 08 2013 23:49 GMT
#15
:/

it would be depressing if Killer switched now
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
KristofferAG
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Norway25712 Posts
April 09 2013 08:33 GMT
#16
Hoping Killer doesn't leave for HotS. Surely another SSL win will make sure he doesn't do it.
@KristofferAG | http://vestkyststoy.bandcamp.com | last.fm/user/KristofferAG
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2411
Shinee 39
NotJumperer 13
Noble 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever973
NeuroSwarm211
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft387
Other Games
summit1g7113
Coldzera 763
JimRising 660
C9.Mang0396
PiGStarcraft253
ArmadaUGS25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1016
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream347
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo970
• Rush771
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
6h 18m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
20h 18m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.