• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:06
CEST 23:06
KST 06:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12817 users

[Song] Part of the Zerg (Disney StarCraft Parody)

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Tezkat
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada72 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-20 03:53:38
February 20 2013 03:17 GMT
#1
After I read about the TeamLiquid HotS Community Launch Party Contest this morning... well, I had possible Disney parody lyrics running through my head all day and pretty much got no other useful work done. I finally settled on "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid and got down to recording it as soon as I could. (I was trying to sing in character as an SC2 marine. It's really hard...) Hopefully at some point I'll have the time to make a proper music video for it. But until then... enjoy!


PART OF THE ZERG




LYRICS:

Look at this map,
Covered in creep.
Wouldn't you think infestation's complete?
But you know I'm a marine
And we can do everything.
Our medivac lands.
Drop down a scan.
Take out these tumours as fast as we can.
Look at my squad and you'd think:
Sure, they've got everything.
I've got C-14 Gauss spikes a plenty.
I've got combat shields, upgrades galore.
You want stim packs? Hell, I got twenty.
But who cares?
No big deal.
I want more...

I wanna be where the zerglings are.
I wanna see... wanna see them dancing.
Comin out clean when the banelings all go...
Kaboom!

In this chickenshit outfit you ain't going far.
Zerg DNA's what you need for evolving,
Wrapped in an armoured... uh, whatcha call em, again?
Cocoon...

Out where they spawn, out where they swarm,
Out where they fight since the day that they're born...
Spawning for free.
Wish I could be...
Part of the Zerg.

I'd change the tide, spawning beside an army of brood lords.
We'd set the pace while they're locked in place by fungal growth.
While others train or warp in our main,
We'll all be dropping down like beach balls.
Deadly warriors, don't need orders,
Just kill and maim...

And I'm ready to join a collective mind.
No more of Mengsk and his flawed Dominion.
I'll fight for Kerrigan and her perky... uh...
Wings!

What will I bring?
When I'm reborn... I'll be reborn in the Heart of the Swarm!
It's right for me.
Wish I could be
Part of the Zerg.


Shantastic
Profile Joined October 2011
United States435 Posts
February 20 2013 03:39 GMT
#2
Hahaha sick!! Great job :D
"My grandpa could have proxied better, and not only does he have arthritis, but he's also dead." -Sean "Day[9]" Plott
RHGaming
Profile Joined December 2011
United States83 Posts
February 20 2013 03:59 GMT
#3
hahahaha...love it
algorithm0r
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada486 Posts
February 20 2013 05:31 GMT
#4
This was amazing. Maybe it is my Zerg bias but I think this is really good!
CrayonSc2
Profile Joined August 2011
United States267 Posts
February 20 2013 11:39 GMT
#5
loved it
LittLeD
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden7973 Posts
February 20 2013 11:47 GMT
#6
Awesome! The lyrics really worked out well.
☆Grubby ☆| Tod|DeMusliM|ThorZaiN|SaSe|Moon|Mana| ☆HerO ☆
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
February 20 2013 11:53 GMT
#7
Loved it! Thank you so much for doing this. Great singing!
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
ELA
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark4608 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-20 12:19:29
February 20 2013 12:19 GMT
#8
LOL

Really well done

Funnily, I had a really awkward moment yesterday including a Little Mermaid song

So I was at swimming practice, doing my lanes when this girl starts practicing dolphin kick with a monofin 2 lanes from me - She was really good at it too, 50m underwater just kicks. So my mind starts to drift and I get "Kiss the girl" from the little mermaid stuck in my head as im swimming along.

I get up from the pool still with the song in my head, quick shower and go in the sauna which is quite crowded, I sit there with 10 other naked people and all of a sudden, without thinking I just burst out: "My Oh - My Oh - My oh, boy too shy..." and I stopped myself just then in disbelief of what the fuck I just did and everyone just starts staring.. Biggest WTF moment in a long time

Needless to say, quite awkward and I got showered off and dressed in a hell of a hurry, cringing at my own awkwardness as I flee the scene

God damn it Disney.....
The first link of chain forged, the first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
February 20 2013 12:36 GMT
#9
awesome work :D great lyrics!
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
theBALLS
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Singapore2935 Posts
February 20 2013 12:41 GMT
#10
You have such a beautiful disney voice <3
If you lose the stick, you'll always have theBALLS.
Dismay
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1180 Posts
February 20 2013 13:22 GMT
#11
That was hilarious, well done. I'm a sucker for Disney songs.
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3555 Posts
February 20 2013 13:26 GMT
#12
Nice lyrics!
BtW Sector 7-G is where Homer work in the nuclear power plant.
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
GrimZeRo
Profile Joined January 2011
United States113 Posts
February 20 2013 13:27 GMT
#13
Awesome.
Hearthstone, Borderlands, SC2, D3 and more! http://www.twitch.tv/promisesplays
Kommatiazo
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States579 Posts
February 20 2013 13:27 GMT
#14
HOLY ROFLS BATMAN. I can't stop laughing. So amazing. Well done sir. Fucking fantastic work.
"You must enemy don't know, and very good micro" - Bosstoss #Wet4Ret
KapsyL
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden704 Posts
February 20 2013 13:28 GMT
#15
jesus this is so good
Jurg Jurg Jurg
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
February 20 2013 14:13 GMT
#16
Love it! :D
Tezkat
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada72 Posts
February 20 2013 15:50 GMT
#17
Thanks for the compliments, guys! <3

I had a lot of fun making this. I'll probably do more in the future...

On February 20 2013 22:26 ejozl wrote:
Nice lyrics!
BtW Sector 7-G is where Homer work in the nuclear power plant.


Heh. Believe it or not, that was unintentional. I'd just spent an hour recording like a dozen takes of the song. By that point, I was pretty tired, and I adlibbed through the intro/outro bits in one go. "Sector 7-G" just rolled off the tongue unbidden. I knew it was a reference to something I'd heard before, but at the time I just assumed it must be some kind of military or science fiction thing. It wasn't until I was halfway through the video production that it hit me: Oh man, I just accidentally made a Simpsons reference. Ah well, that's actually kinda funny in its own way.

SolidMoose
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1240 Posts
February 20 2013 18:23 GMT
#18
Awesome lyrics. And awesome voice :D
itsbecca
Profile Joined October 2012
United States28 Posts
February 20 2013 23:56 GMT
#19
Ah. MY HEART! This was my choice for the parody as well. I thought such a girly song would certainly be safe... but you go and make a man's man version of it. -_-

I have to say, very well done though! :D
Tezkat
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada72 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-21 18:44:05
February 21 2013 18:41 GMT
#20
On February 21 2013 08:56 itsbecca wrote:
Ah. MY HEART! This was my choice for the parody as well. I thought such a girly song would certainly be safe... but you go and make a man's man version of it. -_-

I have to say, very well done though! :D


Aw...

Please don't let me scare you off from joining the fun. All the other contest submissions so far have been awesome, and I'm sure yours will be too! <3
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O157
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17922
Calm 2042
Shuttle 327
White-Ra 219
Mini 196
ZZZero.O 157
firebathero 70
soO 11
Sacsri 5
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1548
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5078
Liquid`Hasu76
Other Games
summit1g7284
Liquid`RaSZi2313
FrodaN2150
fl0m1305
crisheroes318
Pyrionflax211
Livibee199
IndyStarCraft 193
ToD145
Mew2King59
C9.Mang03
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick960
BasetradeTV249
StarCraft 2
angryscii 25
EmSc Tv 16
EmSc2Tv 16
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 25
• musti20045 11
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki38
• blackmanpl 32
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1396
• Shiphtur688
• WagamamaTV331
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 54m
Replay Cast
1h 54m
OSC
14h 54m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.