• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:00
CEST 20:00
KST 03:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10251 users

[Interview] SPL Stars vs SouL Round 1 2012-2013

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-05 04:51:44
December 25 2012 19:48 GMT
#1
(P)STX SouL_Dear

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

How do you feel about winning in the ace match up?

All season long, our team has had to go all the way to the ace match up, but we had a terrible record of 1-3. I also heard a lot of sayings about how we cannot afford to go to the ace match up. I was sent out during a bad situation but I secured a win so I am happy.

Not a lot of people expected you to be sent out as the ace.

Recently I've gained a lot of confidence through my practices. The map was also Cloud Kingdom so Protoss was playable. I also got sent out because the coaching staff believed in me.

Was it already scheduled beforehand that you would be the ace?

Yes it was.

You lost game six so the situation was very burdensome.

I don't know how other people viewed that situation but for me, I thought I had the advantage. I lost my nexus and all but I was able to get a ton of my opponent's units. Had I just ignored his zergling army and headed straight for his main base, I would have won right then and there. But I mad a mistake and attacked his expansion instead. If I had played properly, I would have taken the victory.

지난 해 승수(2승)를 넘어섰는데. (no idea what this means)

I've been sent out for televised matches before so I wasn't nervous. But it's true that our team's score was heavily on my mind. I used to strongly think that it wouldn't matter if we lost just as long as we didn't go to the ace match but now my thoughts have changed. I just need to get sent out and take the victory. None the less, I am sorry that we make the fans wait for so long though.

Did you expect your opponent's build order for the ace match?

I think he was expecting me to just expand without scouting. But my style is to scout frequently. I made a lot of mistakes even though I was in an advantageous situation, but I got lucky and was able to win.

Your next opponent will be EG-TL.

EG-TL is a really good team. I am especially a HerO fan (laughs). I really did want to face them at least once. Regarding our match against EG-TL, I can see us going all the way to the ace match up.

This season's goals?

I want to grab at the very least, twenty victories. As long as I can maintain this pace, I think it will be a possibility.

Anything else you would like to say?

This was my very first ace match up victory. If I get more chances from here on out, I think I will be able to keep winning them. I want to thank the fans for cheering me on. I hope everyone can spend the rest of today having a wonderful Christmas.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-25 20:02:05
December 25 2012 19:58 GMT
#2
Thanks for the translation, but the old formatting was in every way superior.

Oh and could you tell me short what all that buzz on TIG and so on about Polt leaving TSL is?

(I am just assuming there is something going on as it is the most read article there, maybe it is nothing.)
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
December 25 2012 20:02 GMT
#3
On December 26 2012 04:58 Aunvilgod wrote:
Thanks for the translation, but the old formatting was in every way superior.

Oh and could you tell me short what all that buzz on TIG and so on about Polt leaving TSL is?

Old formatting? What do you mean?
And Polt leaving TSL is pretty straight forward. He left TSL so that he could join a foreign team while also studying in America.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-25 20:05:45
December 25 2012 20:05 GMT
#4
On December 26 2012 05:02 SeeKeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2012 04:58 Aunvilgod wrote:
Thanks for the translation, but the old formatting was in every way superior.

Oh and could you tell me short what all that buzz on TIG and so on about Polt leaving TSL is?

Old formatting? What do you mean?
And Polt leaving TSL is pretty straight forward. He left TSL so that he could join a foreign team while also studying in America.


The black letters with the questions bolded. Easier to read and so on.

I just wondered about why this story seems so much more important than it is received here.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
Jolo
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada70 Posts
December 25 2012 20:12 GMT
#5
On December 26 2012 05:05 Aunvilgod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2012 05:02 SeeKeR wrote:
On December 26 2012 04:58 Aunvilgod wrote:
Thanks for the translation, but the old formatting was in every way superior.

Oh and could you tell me short what all that buzz on TIG and so on about Polt leaving TSL is?

Old formatting? What do you mean?
And Polt leaving TSL is pretty straight forward. He left TSL so that he could join a foreign team while also studying in America.


The black letters with the questions bolded. Easier to read and so on.

I just wondered about why this story seems so much more important than it is received here.


It's christmas
Thanks for the translation!
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
December 25 2012 20:14 GMT
#6
On December 26 2012 05:05 Aunvilgod wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2012 05:02 SeeKeR wrote:
On December 26 2012 04:58 Aunvilgod wrote:
Thanks for the translation, but the old formatting was in every way superior.

Oh and could you tell me short what all that buzz on TIG and so on about Polt leaving TSL is?

Old formatting? What do you mean?
And Polt leaving TSL is pretty straight forward. He left TSL so that he could join a foreign team while also studying in America.


The black letters with the questions bolded. Easier to read and so on.

I just wondered about why this story seems so much more important than it is received here.

Important how? Am I missing something here?
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
nooboon
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
2602 Posts
December 25 2012 20:19 GMT
#7
Your next opponent will be EG-TL.

EG-TL is a really good team. I am especially a HerO fan (laughs). I really did want to face them at least once. Regarding our match against EG-TL, I can see us going all the way to the ace match up.


Really looking forward to an Hero vs Dear match now.
If any team was going to bring it to an ace match, it would be STX Soul. 5 straight ace matches thus far for STX.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
December 26 2012 00:15 GMT
#8
Is it just me or does no one give a damn about Dear?
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
December 26 2012 00:19 GMT
#9
On December 26 2012 09:15 SeeKeR wrote:
Is it just me or does no one give a damn about Dear?

I didn't know anything about him beforehand, and his two matches today weren't exactly very impressive, I guess that's why
Thanks anyways, your translations are appreciated even if not many comment!
Get off my lawn, young punks
TommyP
Profile Joined December 2011
United States6231 Posts
December 26 2012 01:03 GMT
#10
On December 26 2012 09:15 SeeKeR wrote:
Is it just me or does no one give a damn about Dear?

I freaking love Dear. I watched him in the Hybrid league and thought he was a bamf so I picked him up on my FPL and now its paid off.
#TheOneTrueDong
catplanetcatplanet
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3837 Posts
December 26 2012 01:11 GMT
#11
OH DEAR. What a boss. Dear great at BW (PvT at least) too.
I think it's finally time to admit it might not be the year of Pet
LiLSighKoh
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States588 Posts
December 26 2012 01:13 GMT
#12
I like Dear's previous matches, he has promise. A win is a win!
"Want some? Go get some!"
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
December 26 2012 01:17 GMT
#13
Thanks for the translation. I only saw a handful of the games due to time so I missed his games but I'm glad that they managed to get the win in the end. Now let's hope that Samsung Khan can get their first win soon lol.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
RaiKageRyu
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada4773 Posts
December 26 2012 01:19 GMT
#14
It may be christmas but god damn those colours are not easy on the eyes.
Someone call down the Thunder?
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
December 26 2012 01:20 GMT
#15
oh gosh my eyes
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
LuckyMacro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1482 Posts
December 26 2012 02:46 GMT
#16
the red and green not toooo bad imo. I enjoy the thought behind it lol.
I remember at one time disliking dear for taking down stork in BW aha.

thanks for the translations!
rotinegg
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1719 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-26 02:58:46
December 26 2012 02:58 GMT
#17
지난 해 승수(2승)를 넘어섰는데. (no idea what this means)

-> You've surpassed last year's number of wins (2 wins)

Thanks for the translations as always!

edit: and merry christmas!
Translator
Zer atai
Profile Joined September 2011
United States691 Posts
December 26 2012 04:05 GMT
#18
I love how he admitted that he was a Hero Fan.
Want to sport eSports? Disable adblock. P.S. En Taro Adun!!
tj341
Profile Joined October 2012
United States147 Posts
December 26 2012 07:27 GMT
#19
Thanks SeeKeR

Dear looks like a shoe-in for code A as long as he doesn't run into a code S player
Diader
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States232 Posts
December 26 2012 07:32 GMT
#20
On December 26 2012 09:19 ACrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2012 09:15 SeeKeR wrote:
Is it just me or does no one give a damn about Dear?

I didn't know anything about him beforehand, and his two matches today weren't exactly very impressive, I guess that's why
Thanks anyways, your translations are appreciated even if not many comment!


I give a damn about him because he slayed God.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem532
IndyStarCraft 234
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 532
IndyStarCraft 234
Railgan 81
BRAT_OK 75
JuggernautJason29
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16625
BeSt 396
Soma 185
Mini 165
Dewaltoss 129
Mind 92
hero 69
Zeus 44
Hyun 39
Bale 25
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 25
Rock 18
NaDa 18
PianO 17
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
Gorgc4786
qojqva3038
420jenkins455
Counter-Strike
fl0m4082
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4840
Khaldor1410
Liquid`Hasu1100
MindelVK11
Other Games
FrodaN1720
B2W.Neo810
byalli421
Hui .178
QueenE84
Mew2King54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1164
BasetradeTV177
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
StarCraft 2
angryscii 11
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 34
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 47
• blackmanpl 23
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4015
League of Legends
• Nemesis2406
Other Games
• imaqtpie649
• Shiphtur283
• WagamamaTV216
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1h
Replay Cast
5h
Afreeca Starleague
16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
17h
Monday Night Weeklies
22h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 17h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.