• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:02
CEST 01:02
KST 08:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)20Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10320 users

[Interview] SPL EG-TL vs KHAN Round 1 2012-2013

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-19 06:14:25
December 19 2012 03:43 GMT
#1
SKT T1 vs Team 8 won the poll results! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=388982

(Z)EG.JaedongRC

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

How do you feel about winning?

It took three matches but we finally grabbed a victory. We were the new team on the block so there was a lot of pressure for when we would grab our first victory but we were able to make a clean sweep like this today so I feel good. I feel so good that there are no words that can describe how I'm feeling right now.

Is there any pressure behind the fact that people are saying that EG-TL are championship contenders?

Of course there is pressure. Just the fact that our team looked to be so powerful from the get go and that we were labeled as championship contenders before proleague even began really did put a lot of pressure on us. I feel like we can pull of great results though through the performance we just showed today.

During game four, you lost your natural without even being able to utilize it once.

I let my natural die but we were in cross positions and my zergling speed was done faster than his. I also felt like I wasn't at that much of a disadvantage because I didn't lose any workers. I knew that the game was still perfectly playable.

In the previous match, EG-TL went all the way to the ace round but ended up losing. Did you feel any disappointment at the fact that you weren't chosen as the ace?

Not at all. TaeJa has far more experience in the world of SC2 than I do. I acknowledge that he has more experience than me so I wasn't disappointed. I'm sure people view our team as a pain in the butt since we have so many talented players we can choose as aces.

How do you feel about the new team you've joined?

I am receiving a ton of feedback regarding my game and I am also learning so many new things I never even knew existed. I am the oldest member on the team so I feel like my teammates follow me well. I am having no trouble whatsoever adapting to this new team. My teammates help me out well and I have fun everyday.

You took a game for EG-TL today. How many wins do you think you will secure for Round 1 of Proleague?

All the other teams got a head start in preparing for Proleague. Which is why I don't really have big expectations for round one. Personally I think it's best that we're trying to gradually grab results. Today's atmosphere was better than I thought it would be. I think we'll be able to show our gradual progress from here on out. I think our overall score will be around 4-3 or 5-2. I am very excited for it. I think our victory held a lot of meaning today.

Your personal goals for this season?

I want to be the player on my team with the most wins. Even if I can't achieve that, I still want to be able to make performances where I can be satisfied within myself. I also heard that they will be giving out awards for each race. I want to receive the award for Zerg.

You must be excited for IdrA and Stephano joining the roster in a month.

They are players who are notorious overseas so I really think people will tune in to Proleague even more with their arrival. I also think overseas fans will also watch Proleague more so I am excited. Stephano and IdrA are internationally acclaimed Zerg players. I know they will be able to teach me a lot of things so I am very excited for their arrival.

It was announced that you were going to stream tomorrow.

I feel the pressure because of that announcement but none the less I still want Korean fans and foreign fans alike to tune in (laughs).

Anything else you would like to say?

I was preparing so vigorously for today's match that I ended up catching a cold, fell ill, and wasn't able to practice a lot. Especially yesterday since I did nothing but rest. I want to thank the manager and the coach for taking good care of me and I want to let the coach know that I very much enjoyed the coffee. Every time we come out for Proleague I feel like the crowd cheer on the hardest for us. I want to thank the fans for regularly coming out to cheer us on. I promise that we will pay them back by putting up great results.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
LeapofFaith
Profile Joined November 2011
United States446 Posts
December 19 2012 03:46 GMT
#2
What's the reasoning behind only doing one interview with a player of a team league win? Is it just lack of time?
ne0lith
Profile Joined August 2011
537 Posts
December 19 2012 03:52 GMT
#3
On December 19 2012 12:46 LeapofFaith wrote:
What's the reasoning behind only doing one interview with a player of a team league win? Is it just lack of time?


I was hoping for the whole EG-TL lineup interview, including LzGamer, Machine, Incontrol, Stephano, Idra, Demuslim and Anna Prosser.
GTPGlitch
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
5061 Posts
December 19 2012 03:52 GMT
#4
<3 EGTLJDRC Fighting! <3
Jo Byung Se #1 fan | CJ_Rush(reborn) fan | Liquid'Jinro(ret) fan | Liquid'Taeja fan | oGsTheSuperNada fan | Iris[gm](ret) fan |
Dakkas
Profile Joined October 2010
2550 Posts
December 19 2012 03:58 GMT
#5
On December 19 2012 12:52 ne0lith wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2012 12:46 LeapofFaith wrote:
What's the reasoning behind only doing one interview with a player of a team league win? Is it just lack of time?


I was hoping for the whole EG-TL lineup interview, including LzGamer, Machine, Incontrol, Stephano, Idra, Demuslim and Anna Prosser.


Not to mention Mr. Garfield.
Hossinaut
Profile Joined June 2011
United States453 Posts
December 19 2012 04:01 GMT
#6
Great to hear! Especially since I'm the only one in the dark about IdrA and Stephano joining them in Korea, which is bonus mega super exciting. I feel like IdrA improved a lot the last time he went, and I love watching him win, so I hope it happens again. Both he and Stephano are a lot of fun to watch, and Jaedong has been as well.

Fun note: I love seeing the EG and TL guys as a unified team- I think that it is a bunch of really talented, hard working players, and it's a lot of fun to watch them win! Now all they need are ThorZain and TaeJa to get some more results in proleague-I love watching good terrans.... <3
frantic.cactus
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand164 Posts
December 19 2012 04:10 GMT
#7
So great to see the Tyrant back to winning ways. I have decided that I like the Kespa players SC2 style more than the EsF's, probably because many of the Terrans seem to enjoy Meching AND the Dong is the Man.

The Tyrant loves coffee! Come to Wellington NZ where we make the best coffee and I'll give you an extra shot for free!
Terran it up since 2007
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
December 19 2012 04:17 GMT
#8
i think its important that he said he was "having fun"
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
Qwyn
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2781 Posts
December 19 2012 04:18 GMT
#9
JAEDONG!

I LOVE YOU!

Fuck yeah your stream is awesome. Mechanics are amazing.You inspire me so much!
"Think of the hysteria following the realization that they consciously consume babies and raise the dead people from their graves" - N0
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
December 19 2012 04:39 GMT
#10
Guess the people who were saying EG-TL would get crushed when they first announced this aren't so vocal now lol. Can't imagine how sick it would be for them to take the championship.
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
December 19 2012 04:40 GMT
#11
On December 19 2012 13:01 Hossinaut wrote:
Great to hear! Especially since I'm the only one in the dark about IdrA and Stephano joining them in Korea, which is bonus mega super exciting. I feel like IdrA improved a lot the last time he went, and I love watching him win, so I hope it happens again. Both he and Stephano are a lot of fun to watch, and Jaedong has been as well.

Fun note: I love seeing the EG and TL guys as a unified team- I think that it is a bunch of really talented, hard working players, and it's a lot of fun to watch them win! Now all they need are ThorZain and TaeJa to get some more results in proleague-I love watching good terrans.... <3



Don't forget PuMa bro
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
December 19 2012 04:50 GMT
#12
Great interview. I'm gonna go watch Jaedong's stream now.
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
December 19 2012 04:57 GMT
#13
On December 19 2012 13:39 Doodsmack wrote:
Guess the people who were saying EG-TL would get crushed when they first announced this aren't so vocal now lol. Can't imagine how sick it would be for them to take the championship.


Hardly anyone was saying that. Most people were saying that they were the clear favourites.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Jmanthedragonguy
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada1202 Posts
December 19 2012 04:57 GMT
#14
JD :D
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 19 2012 04:58 GMT
#15
So glad they picked jaedong as the person to interview, always enjoy reading his interviews
When I think of something else, something will go here
Gatsbizzle
Profile Joined March 2010
United States132 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-19 05:05:42
December 19 2012 05:03 GMT
#16
I think it's because they usually interview the winning player after their game (during the match). However, because the match ends after the last player wins, they don't have the timeslot to do a televised interview, so they release the interview later (at least that's how it seemed to work in the last season of Proleague).

Glad that Jaedong got a win in PL; looking forward to seeing how much he can improve this season when he's on a team that can reliably field other heavy hitters (Hero, Taeja, etc). A little less pressure could go a long way in seeing the Dong achieve his full potential in WoL.
I joined TeamLiquid for TSL2 but I stayed for Nada's Body.
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-19 05:09:04
December 19 2012 05:07 GMT
#17
DES tends to interview someone who fits one or more of these criteria:

1) Has not been interviewed, or has not won in a long time
2) Just had something happen to them of note (e.g. switching over to a foreign team lol)
3) Played a particularly interesting game
4) Didn't get a post-game interview

edit: have some victory pics! :D

[image loading]

[image loading]

more
Writer:o
Veldril
Profile Joined August 2010
Thailand1817 Posts
December 19 2012 05:28 GMT
#18
On December 19 2012 12:58 Dakkas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2012 12:52 ne0lith wrote:
On December 19 2012 12:46 LeapofFaith wrote:
What's the reasoning behind only doing one interview with a player of a team league win? Is it just lack of time?


I was hoping for the whole EG-TL lineup interview, including LzGamer, Machine, Incontrol, Stephano, Idra, Demuslim and Anna Prosser.


Not to mention Mr. Garfield.


You know, that might be the most important person (along with Nazgul) that Korean should interview for once.
Without love, we can't see anything. Without love, the truth can't be seen. - Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
TERRANLOL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States626 Posts
December 19 2012 05:40 GMT
#19
Is it just me or is the Dong's fly unzipped?
danl9rm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States3111 Posts
December 19 2012 05:40 GMT
#20
On December 19 2012 14:07 Kiett wrote:
DES tends to interview someone who fits one or more of these criteria:

1) Has not been interviewed, or has not won in a long time
2) Just had something happen to them of note (e.g. switching over to a foreign team lol)
3) Played a particularly interesting game
4) Didn't get a post-game interview

edit: have some victory pics! :D

[image loading]

[image loading]

more


you forgot
5) Is Jaedong

:p

But, you're right.

If Jaedong got the zerg award I'd wet myself. On purpose of course.
"Science has so well established that the preborn baby in the womb is a living human being that most pro-choice activists have conceded the point. ..since the abortion proponents have lost the science argument, they are now advocating an existential one."
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE169
Nina 104
Nathanias 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13935
Artosis 535
White-Ra 255
ToSsGirL 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever391
NeuroSwarm141
League of Legends
Doublelift4308
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox905
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1869
Liquid`Hasu1377
Trikslyr76
Other Games
summit1g7657
Grubby3475
ArmadaUGS757
shahzam590
JimRising 347
C9.Mang0293
ZombieGrub60
Mew2King50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick200
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream121
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 62
• davetesta40
• musti20045 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 36
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1207
• imaqtpie1059
• Shiphtur251
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 58m
OSC
13h 58m
Stellar Fest
13h 58m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.