• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:01
CEST 21:01
KST 04:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6927 users

[Interview] Code S Ro16 Group C 2012 GSL Season 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-18 00:53:09
November 14 2012 17:38 GMT
#1
(T)STX SouL_Bogus

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You successfully made it to your first Code S Ro8 appearance. Tell us how you feel about advancing.

I never expected to get out of my group as first. My first opponent, Sniper, is a really tough player so I was already looking at the losers' match. I got lucky.

You started off your match against Sniper with a loss in game one.

My goal was to take him down several notches using a double medivac harassment style but then his mutas came out really quickly. That's why I decided from game two an onward, that I would play by harassing him upfront.

Did you decide to just stick to the basics after game one?

That's not what happened. I had planned out strategies and I implemented my next moves depending on whether or not he was going for mutas.

You met Polt in the winners' match. You must be confident in your TvTs.

If I'm lucky, the chances for me to win a TvT rises. Which is why I admit that I got rather lucky today.

How did you practice up for your matches after the group nominations?

I had all three races in my group so I put my top priority on taking down the Zerg and then prepared for the rest of the races by laddering.

Your Ro8 opponent will be a Zerg regardless of who makes it. With today's match and your Ro32 matches, it seems like you have a sort of weakness when it comes to TvZs.

I do admit that I get rather nervous for televised matches. In TvZ, it's important that you have fast hands but I'm not quite there yet. But since I have a lot of time to practice up for my match, if I just practice well I think I have a chance at winning.

From the Ro8 an onward, everything becomes a best out of x. Personally, what are your thoughts on it?

I am not really strong when it comes to mind games but I've gotten some experience through laddering so I think I've gotten used to it by now. But I've never done a bo5 before.

Who would you like to face in the Ro8?

I want to face StarTale's Life. Mainly because the rest of the players in that group play a style that I'm not comfortable playing against. Which is why I think playing against someone like Life, whose style revolves heavily around using Zerglings, should be better for a player like me. But that's not me saying Life is a weak player or anything.

Additionally, your Ro8 placement means you've secured your spot for next season's Code S.

Since the Code S system is designed to eliminate players with no skill, I think I'm going to have to work on solidifying my skills and work on putting in more effort.

If you make it to the semi finals for this season, you will be able to head to Las Vegas.

While it's true that I have no idea what kind of city Las Vegas is, I have no interest in it. I just want to work hard so that I can win the championship and rise up in the ranks. I want to take full advantage of my given situation.

Anything else you would like to say?

Fellow teammate Size, helped me a lot with practice so I want to thank him for that. Lastly, I want to thank my parents for taking such a big interest in my career.

(Z)MVP_Sniper

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

Your personal best achievement. You've finally made it to the Ro8 so how do you feel?

I feel good and all but I am really disappointed that my match against Bogus went so horribly.

You won game one against Bogus but allowed him to make a comeback for the rest of the match.

I think I was being rather irrational in the beginning. I went through with my strategies no matter what since I figured they would work and I also reacted late to his attacks. I had pretty much figured that there was no way they would fail.

Were you affected my your loss in the first match?

My loss in mach one did shake me up a bit mentally but I got better and better as time elapsed.

You faced PartinG in the losers' match. Did you expect an immortal allin in for game one?

He said it himself in the chat before the match even began that he was going for an immortal all in. Which is why I expected phoenixes but lo an behold, he really did go for immortals. But as of late, I think all Zergs are really good at blocking immortal rushes.

In game two, you faced a stalker/colossi composition.

The map was Entombed Valley so I expected him to play a macro game after quickly taking his expansion. I think the reason I was able to win was because I was able to attack from the front while also sandwiching him from the back.

In the final match against Polt, you blocked his hellion/marauder timing attack with only queens.

Before the match began, the coach notified me that that was a strategy that Polt likes to do frequently. That's why I was able to block it easily.

In game two, you showed a rapid aggression from the very get go.

I figured Polt would go for a quick triple CC build so I decided to expose that and I think it ended up working really well.

With your Ro8 placement, you secured your spot for next season's Code S. How do you feel?

The fact that I won't have to play in Code A or face the Up/Downs is really good news for me. But the fact that I have to face a Zerg in the Ro8 discourages me.

Who do you think you'll end up facing in the Ro8?

I think I'm going to end up facing Life. His momentum is really scary right now. Personally, I think it'll be the same regardless who makes it up. Everyone there is really good at ZvZ. I'm going to have to prepare extensively once I know who my opponent is since I have a desire to get to the semi finals.

Recently, fellow teammate DRG's pace has slowed down somewhat. Your momentum is being compared to what DRG's once was.

I don't think people should compare me to DRG hyung. I still have a long way to go. I won't know for sure where I am at yet until I win the championship but I don't really have a high chance. The Ro8 will be a true test.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank my parents, my younger sibling, and my relatives for always cheering for me. I want to let PartinG know that he did a job well done today. I also want to thank the coach for coming with me today. Lastly, I want to thank our partners MYM and Wayi Spider, and sponsors RAZER, GOMtv, and Lotte Chilsung.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
PiQLiQ
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden702 Posts
November 14 2012 17:39 GMT
#2
Them interviews thx
http://twitter.com/PiQLiQ
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
November 14 2012 17:42 GMT
#3
haha Bogus don't give a fuck about Las Vegas
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
November 14 2012 17:45 GMT
#4
Is all that luck thing false modesty from Bogus or what lol?
"yeah I got lucky as in ro32, I don't know how to tvz but i beat him". Weird.
Either he is really scary good or he states the truth.
WriterMaru
ROOTheognis
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States4482 Posts
November 14 2012 17:45 GMT
#5
YES! Bogus! Hasn't let me down so far. Please make the finals! :D We need a terran royal roader.
If you avoid your weakness, it will remain your weakness. www.twitter.com/#!/rootheognis Follow me!
ROOTheognis
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States4482 Posts
November 14 2012 17:45 GMT
#6
On November 15 2012 02:45 Poopi wrote:
Is all that luck thing false modesty from Bogus or what lol?
"yeah I got lucky as in ro32, I don't know how to tvz but i beat him". Weird.
Either he is really scary good or he states the truth.


He's scary good. Great mechanics, great builds. All he needs now is just more experience.
If you avoid your weakness, it will remain your weakness. www.twitter.com/#!/rootheognis Follow me!
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13021 Posts
November 14 2012 17:49 GMT
#7
On November 15 2012 02:45 QuanticTheognis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2012 02:45 Poopi wrote:
Is all that luck thing false modesty from Bogus or what lol?
"yeah I got lucky as in ro32, I don't know how to tvz but i beat him". Weird.
Either he is really scary good or he states the truth.


He's scary good. Great mechanics, great builds. All he needs now is just more experience.

Yeah I think it's that, you don't happen to get lucky in two GSL groupstages.
I hope to see if he could beat Life given proper preparation time, tomorrow group will be interesting.
WriterMaru
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
November 14 2012 17:49 GMT
#8
On November 15 2012 02:45 Poopi wrote:
Is all that luck thing false modesty from Bogus or what lol?
"yeah I got lucky as in ro32, I don't know how to tvz but i beat him". Weird.
Either he is really scary good or he states the truth.


"I don't know how to win TvZ, but I'm confident against the best ZvT player"
Random_Guy09
Profile Joined April 2012
Canada1010 Posts
November 14 2012 17:51 GMT
#9
On November 15 2012 02:49 Poopi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2012 02:45 QuanticTheognis wrote:
On November 15 2012 02:45 Poopi wrote:
Is all that luck thing false modesty from Bogus or what lol?
"yeah I got lucky as in ro32, I don't know how to tvz but i beat him". Weird.
Either he is really scary good or he states the truth.


He's scary good. Great mechanics, great builds. All he needs now is just more experience.

Yeah I think it's that, you don't happen to get lucky in two GSL groupstages.
I hope to see if he could beat Life given proper preparation time, tomorrow group will be interesting.


Good to see he's dodging every other zerg in Life's group... Hoping he gets anyone but Life to see how much more uncomfortable he'll get against those styles.
trwkling
Profile Joined September 2011
658 Posts
November 14 2012 17:52 GMT
#10
On November 15 2012 02:49 zyzq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2012 02:45 Poopi wrote:
Is all that luck thing false modesty from Bogus or what lol?
"yeah I got lucky as in ro32, I don't know how to tvz but i beat him". Weird.
Either he is really scary good or he states the truth.


"I don't know how to win TvZ, but I'm confident against the best ZvT player"


Well to be fair to him he didn't say he'd be confident against Life but that Life's style suits him more than others.

Too bad I missed his games today. Hopefully I'll catch his Ro8 games and see how good he is for myself
Isualin
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1903 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-14 17:57:41
November 14 2012 17:57 GMT
#11

Since the Code S system is designed to eliminate players with no skill,


While it's true that I have no idea what kind of city Las Vegas is, I have no interest in it.

this guy has the spirit
| INnoVation | The literal god TY | ByuNjwa | LRSL when? |
LockeTazeline
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
2390 Posts
November 14 2012 17:59 GMT
#12
I like Innovation

Of course it helps that he didn't personally eliminate Parting.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
November 14 2012 18:07 GMT
#13
Uh lol, this interview had quite some moments where i thought: wtf? :D

Thanks for the translation once again, Susie.
Necro)Phagist(
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada6667 Posts
November 14 2012 18:07 GMT
#14
On November 15 2012 02:57 Isualin wrote:
Show nested quote +

Since the Code S system is designed to eliminate players with no skill,

Show nested quote +

While it's true that I have no idea what kind of city Las Vegas is, I have no interest in it.

this guy has the spirit

Spirit > Soul
"Are you talking to me? Because your authority is not recognized in fort kick ass!"" ||Park Jung Suk|| |MC|HerO|HyuN|
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
November 14 2012 18:20 GMT
#15
On November 15 2012 03:07 HolydaKing wrote:
Uh lol, this interview had quite some moments where i thought: wtf? :D

Thanks for the translation once again, Susie.

I swear... I should put up a front and say "no more interviews until everyone stops calling me susie." Honestly, I'm being genuine here, please stop. It's getting annoying and I don't find it humorous.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
November 14 2012 18:22 GMT
#16
On November 15 2012 03:07 Necro)Phagist( wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2012 02:57 Isualin wrote:

Since the Code S system is designed to eliminate players with no skill,


While it's true that I have no idea what kind of city Las Vegas is, I have no interest in it.

this guy has the spirit

Spirit > Soul

He's got both, stxSOUL_bogus :D
¯\_(シ)_/¯
CuteZergling
Profile Joined November 2011
641 Posts
November 14 2012 18:37 GMT
#17
While it's true that I have no idea what kind of city Las Vegas is, I have no interest in it

Woah. Bogus is hardcore.
Team owner of team QTLing
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
November 14 2012 18:41 GMT
#18
On November 15 2012 03:37 CuteZergling wrote:
While it's true that I have no idea what kind of city Las Vegas is, I have no interest in it

Woah. Bogus is hardcore.


not surprising, most of these KeSPA players eat, sleep and breathe Starcraft. They take their job very seriously.
JBright
Profile Joined September 2010
Vancouver14381 Posts
November 14 2012 18:45 GMT
#19
I know SeeKeR works with FXO...but are these interviews sponsored by them now?
ModeratorThe good and the wise lead quiet lives. Neo's #1 Frenemy and nightmare.
QuixoticO
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Netherlands810 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-14 18:47:46
November 14 2012 18:46 GMT
#20
On November 15 2012 03:37 CuteZergling wrote:
While it's true that I have no idea what kind of city Las Vegas is, I have no interest in it

Woah. Bogus is hardcore.


That and him saying the code S system is designed to eliminate players with no skill so he has to work harder solidifying his skills is making me a bigger fan of him than I already was. Bogus indeed hardcore.
"Suum Cuique" - Cicero
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM923
TKL 315
TaKeTV 288
IndyStarCraft 221
BRAT_OK 118
ZombieGrub19
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 923
TKL 315
IndyStarCraft 221
MaxPax 138
BRAT_OK 118
UpATreeSC 95
JuggernautJason35
ZombieGrub19
EmSc Tv 19
Nathanias 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 698
ggaemo 173
White-Ra 127
firebathero 106
Barracks 58
910 54
Hyun 37
Trap 26
Killer 26
Bale 21
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 19
Shine 18
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva4537
Counter-Strike
Fnx 786
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7754
crisheroes1852
Liquid`Hasu1639
Trikslyr52
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4194
singsing1430
summit1g994
Beastyqt762
ceh9637
B2W.Neo393
shahzam273
C9.Mang0154
KnowMe126
ArmadaUGS109
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream388
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 178
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 25
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• FirePhoenix14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2321
• TFBlade834
Other Games
• Shiphtur252
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 59m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.