• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:57
CEST 21:57
KST 04:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8449 users

[Interview] GSTL LG-IM vs. MVP 2012 Season 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-10 09:09:51
November 10 2012 09:06 GMT
#1
ti tired to do gsl qualifier interviews sry

(P)MVP_TAiLS

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You took your team to the Round of 4 with four kills.

It's nice that we're in the semifinals, but we'll have to win in order to be satisfied. Still, I'm in a good mood after making four kills.

When you were sent out on the third set, how many kills did you feel you had to perform?

To be honest, I've played so well in my games lately that I felt that I would beat everyone. Both yesterday and the day before that, I did astoundingly well in practice. Way back when, I did well during practice before the 2011 GSTL Season 1 Round of 16 playoffs and stated that I thought that I would win if I were sent out, and it was just like that this time, too. I think that I do particularly well during times like this (laughs).

Out of your four games, which one would you say was the hardest?

The most difficult one was my match against LosirA. I scouted him with my Probe but couldn't find a single worker at his natural. That is a 100% sure indicator of an all-in, so I warped in Photon Cannons to defend, but my tech was late because of that. When I went for an attack after building an army, I was blocked and ended up at a disadvantage. After LosirA stopped my army, he went for the counter-attack. The game would have been more difficult if he had built more Drones and added Infestors to his unit composition, but I was given an opportunity after he lost his army during his attack.

Against YongHwa, you did a 5 Gate all-in.

This is a build that only I knew since several months ago. I have a lot of builds that I want to show off in broadcasted matches, but I haven't had the opportunity to do so. I haven't been able to use them because I haven't been able to play in the GSL, but I have a lot of powerful hidden builds.

Were you certain that your 5 Gate all-in would succeed?

I used the same build twice during the IPTL, and it worked both times back then, too. He would have blocked the all-in if he had seen those matches, but he wasn't aware of it.

This match feels just like the one during the Round of 6 of the 2011 GSL Season 1 playoffs. Is there a reason that you are so strong against IM?

There isn't any special reason. As I said before, I start to do well at times like this; I become better at the game and perform well during my matches.

Whenever MVP participates in the GSTL, your team reaches the Round of 4 100% of the time. Did you know this?

I did know, and it's unfortunate that we've recently lost whenever we reached the Round of 4. The most regrettable part of dropping out of the semifinals was my team losing the opportunity to travel to Las Vegas. Because I was invited to IPL 4 and had to go by myself, I felt lonely.

Your opponent at the semifinals is TSL. How do you think things will go?

TSL's Zergs are incredibly powerful. I think we will be able to win if we focus on our matchups versus Zerg. I don't think that their other races are as strong.

You're participating in the GSL Code A qualifiers tomorrow. Are you confident that you will advance?

I did expose a lot of my play style today, but I have so many strategies that I don't think my opponents will know which ones I will go for. I'm not only confident in my prepared builds but also in my macro play. If they worry too much about my all-ins, I will defeat them in macro games. As long as I plan my matches well, I think I can move up.

Now, you'll have to play in the GSL in addition to the GSTL.

My affinity to the GSL isn't that strong. I've participated in the Code A qualifiers for two years and lost five times at the finals, but I think I can advance if I can seize just one opportunity. I think that I can earn good results in the GSL, too, as long as I can keep up my momentum.

Do you have any last words?

A lot of people became interested in me after last year's GSTL playoffs, but I ended up falling off the radar. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to do well despite everyone's expectations, and I will make sure to work hard in order to rise up to them in the future. I'm also grateful to my parents for believing in me, and I would like to thank all of my friends and fans for cheering for me. Finally, I want to thank my team's sponsors, Lotte Chilsung, Razer, and GOMTV, as well as our partners, MYM and Wayi Spider.
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
dynwar7
Profile Joined May 2011
1983 Posts
November 10 2012 09:15 GMT
#2
Thanks you always have blazing fast interviews lol
Regarding the imbalance, hilarious to see Zergs defending themselves....
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
November 10 2012 09:22 GMT
#3
Thanks for the translation!

Tails always seemed to have so much potential but just never had the chance to get results, I hope he qualifies for GSL, and continues to do well in GSTL.
Moderatorlickypiddy
AgentChaos
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom4569 Posts
November 10 2012 09:27 GMT
#4
so fast interview translation. love it
suck that my favourite team lost though
IM & EG supporter
MCXD
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Australia2738 Posts
November 10 2012 09:33 GMT
#5
Is it me or does that photo look like it's of a cardboard cutout?
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-10 09:47:07
November 10 2012 09:39 GMT
#6
On November 10 2012 18:33 MCXD wrote:
Is it me or does that photo look like it's of a cardboard cutout?


Nope not just you. It's a little unsettling haha
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
November 10 2012 09:47 GMT
#7
woz so op!
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
MCXD
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Australia2738 Posts
November 10 2012 09:47 GMT
#8
On November 10 2012 18:39 Weirdkid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2012 18:33 MCXD wrote:
Is it me or does that photo look like it's of a cardboard cutout?


Nope not just you lol


Hum. Just something about the way they did the lighting makes him look flat for some reason.
SuperFanBoy
Profile Joined June 2011
New Zealand1068 Posts
November 10 2012 09:49 GMT
#9
The IM LoL team looks like its going to dominate like their sc2 team.
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
November 10 2012 18:06 GMT
#10
Thanks for the translation woz!
Tails is sure a very smart player, spot on with his all-ins. A bit cheesy today, but well executed and I think he can play macro as well.
And IM continues to suck at team leagues. Rather inexcusable with that line-up really. Sigh.
Get off my lawn, young punks
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
November 10 2012 18:13 GMT
#11
"I don't think that their other races are as strong."

I think TAiLS is only talking about inori, Punisher, Centre and Cyrano.
Seems strange how TAiLS is such a monster at team leagues but falters at singles. Whatever is holding him back, I hope he manages to fix the problem(s).
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
November 10 2012 18:18 GMT
#12
On November 11 2012 03:06 ACrow wrote:
Thanks for the translation woz!
Tails is sure a very smart player, spot on with his all-ins. A bit cheesy today, but well executed and I think he can play macro as well.
And IM continues to suck at team leagues. Rather inexcusable with that line-up really. Sigh.


Continues to suck at GSTL, continues to do well in IPL team league events.

I don't get it, really. I guess IM just performs better online, some players might have trouble in the booth.
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
November 10 2012 18:23 GMT
#13
On November 11 2012 03:18 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2012 03:06 ACrow wrote:
Thanks for the translation woz!
Tails is sure a very smart player, spot on with his all-ins. A bit cheesy today, but well executed and I think he can play macro as well.
And IM continues to suck at team leagues. Rather inexcusable with that line-up really. Sigh.


Continues to suck at GSTL, continues to do well in IPL team league events.

I don't get it, really. I guess IM just performs better online, some players might have trouble in the booth.

I know they won last IPTL, but the way they won wasn't very convincing, being taken out by Taeja almost single handedly. The players don't really strike me as being affected by stage fright, it's just something not clicking for them. Hmm, strange.
Get off my lawn, young punks
Quochobao
Profile Joined October 2010
United States350 Posts
November 10 2012 18:23 GMT
#14
Can someone explain to me why a great player in GSTL can constantly fail to qualify for the GSL?
Best or nothing.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
November 10 2012 18:25 GMT
#15
On November 11 2012 03:23 ACrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2012 03:18 Dodgin wrote:
On November 11 2012 03:06 ACrow wrote:
Thanks for the translation woz!
Tails is sure a very smart player, spot on with his all-ins. A bit cheesy today, but well executed and I think he can play macro as well.
And IM continues to suck at team leagues. Rather inexcusable with that line-up really. Sigh.


Continues to suck at GSTL, continues to do well in IPL team league events.

I don't get it, really. I guess IM just performs better online, some players might have trouble in the booth.

I know they won last IPTL, but the way they won wasn't very convincing, being taken out by Taeja almost single handedly. The players don't really strike me as being affected by stage fright, it's just something not clicking for them. Hmm, strange.


To be fair every other top Korean team that played in that tournament also got taken out by Taeja, and in the earlier rounds of the tournament they beat every ESF team they played convincingly.

They won the last one, and are in the finals of the current one. I just wish they could transfer those good results to the GSL studio.
SHOOG
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1639 Posts
November 10 2012 18:38 GMT
#16
Congrats TAiLS!
They do have a slight advantage knowing to practice vs Z mainly, but that doesn't mean they could be prepared for how truly good TSL's zergs are.
Gorilla23
Profile Joined March 2012
United States339 Posts
November 10 2012 18:56 GMT
#17
On November 10 2012 18:49 SuperFanBoy wrote:
The IM LoL team looks like its going to dominate like their sc2 team.


I don't follow LoL, but are you being sarcastic or not?
Mozzery
Profile Joined January 2012
United States140 Posts
November 10 2012 18:57 GMT
#18
It's crazy how Tails just "goes off" sometimes and then can't beat mid level foreigners other days. Loses to Suppy and Idra at MLG Anaheim 2012, loses online cups to Krass, Axslav, etc. He is one of the ballsiest players out there in every game he plays though, which is cool. He doesn't care who you are, he'll use a cool strat against you that could fail miserably.
Proponent of team liquid word filtering imbalanced to "at an unacceptable level of racial balance/game design"
SupLilSon
Profile Joined October 2011
Malaysia4123 Posts
November 10 2012 18:58 GMT
#19
On November 11 2012 03:56 Gorilla23 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2012 18:49 SuperFanBoy wrote:
The IM LoL team looks like its going to dominate like their sc2 team.


I don't follow LoL, but are you being sarcastic or not?


I don't follow LoL either but I think IM LoL team is supposed to be pretty sick.
S_SienZ
Profile Joined September 2011
1878 Posts
November 10 2012 19:14 GMT
#20
On November 11 2012 03:57 Mozzery wrote:
It's crazy how Tails just "goes off" sometimes and then can't beat mid level foreigners other days. Loses to Suppy and Idra at MLG Anaheim 2012, loses online cups to Krass, Axslav, etc. He is one of the ballsiest players out there in every game he plays though, which is cool. He doesn't care who you are, he'll use a cool strat against you that could fail miserably.

He seems to go super saiyan against IM, it was also he who knocked out Mvp AND Nestea in an earlier season.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 608
ProTech176
UpATreeSC 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16083
Calm 3027
Mini 316
Mind 84
910 69
soO 48
Dota 2
Gorgc5819
canceldota66
monkeys_forever41
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4613
Other Games
fl0m2178
FrodaN890
Beastyqt554
olofmeister535
Liquid`Hasu294
Livibee189
C9.Mang0161
IndyStarCraft 138
QueenE65
ZombieGrub65
BRAT_OK 33
MindelVK6
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 0
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• FirePhoenix17
• Michael_bg 1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2902
• WagamamaTV383
Other Games
• imaqtpie892
• Shiphtur679
• Scarra557
• tFFMrPink 13
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 4m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 4m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.