• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:49
CEST 23:49
KST 06:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8154 users

[Interview] Code S Ro32 Group B 2012 GSL Season 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-30 14:55:05
October 30 2012 14:04 GMT
#1
(Z)TSL_Symbol

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

Tell us how you feel about about getting to the Ro16 of Code S.

I feel really good. I figured I would advance through easily after I saw my group. I am even happier because I got through so easily.

You started off with the same strategy as Roro's within your match. Were you expecting this?

Nope. That was a move that I did not expect. From studying his VODs I figured RorO would go for roaches after getting infestors. But then I saw lings coming out after I scouted with my overlord. Because I wasn't able to take him on early, I decided to go for a long macro game. I decided to go for a macro game for game two as well after winning game one. But then I scouted him and saw that his strategy was to go for lings and then transition to infestors. I realized that my infestors would come out later than his so the deciding factor would have to be a really huge battle. In a ZvZ, it is important that you gather a huge army for a really big one time hit. I just focused on winning rather than focusing on the score.

Who did you want to face for the winners' match?

Hack and Happy are both Terrans so I didn't care who made it.

You played a very one sided match against Hack in the winners' round. Were your strategies separately planned?

As of late, I had been going for no gas strategies against Terrans. But then I saw Life and how he played so I decided to mimic him. I realized afterwards that that's something that only Life can pull off. So I decided to just kind of resemble my early game to his and then throw in my own style for the transitions. When you watch Life play, you realize that it's really difficult because you have to spend your larvas wisely trying to get the right amount of both lings and drones but Life is excellent at it. I tried it out and I saw that I end up playing poorly.

You have group nominations ahead of you. Anyone you would like to face?

I haven't really thought about it yet. I did so badly last season that all I can think about is just putting on a great performance and showing people that I've changed. But I do want to face mostly Terrans.

Recently, Life won GSL and your teammate HyuN has been dominating the IPL Fight Clubs. Do you also want these kinds of successes?

When I watch Life play, I was able to realize many things about myself. Life's know how on his mentality factors and executing build orders is so good that I do get envious of that. As for HyuN hyung, he's just a really good player so I learn a lot from him. But I also want a career of my own that I'll get recognized for so I focus diligently for my practices.

What do you think will be the climax for this season?

I will know for sure once the groups get determined but I've gotten through the Ro16 before so I feel confident. So the Ro8 will be the climax in my opinion. I think I have some kind of trauma since I keep losing in the Ro8. I want to get through it no matter what.

Isn't it difficult for you to handle both GSL and GSTL?

I have a lot of teammates in the GSL and we also have GSTL. HyuN hyung and Polt hyung are both really good so I think we're all going to go to the Ro8. I also think the championship for the GSTL will not be an issue as long as everyone puts up the kind of performance they do for the GSL.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank the manager and coach for coming with me to the studio today. HyuN hyung has his matches ahead of him so I hope he does well without getting nervous. My other teammates also have the qualifiers ahead of them. I hope they also do well and perform like they do for practices without getting nervous. Also, Polt and Revival are participating for this week's fall MLG so I hope they do well there and come back safely. Lastly, I want to thank our sponsors, The Handsome Nerd, N Keybord (or En Keyboard), and GOMTV.

(T)StarTale_Hack

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

Tell us how you feel about advancing to the Ro16 after fighting till the very end.

I still can't believe that I've made it. After playing my games, I would be so disappointed with my performances that I would even start to think to myself "wow I am really terrible". It's so unbelievable and amazing that I've gotten to the Ro16.

You won by a score of 2-1 against Happy today.

I went to school on Sunday so I didn't have a lot of time to practice. So I told myself even if I did fall out of my group, I would prefer it if I could get eliminated as third from my group. But then I was able to win easier than I thought I would.

You suffered a complete loss against Symbol for the winners' match.

I had something prepared but Symbol's strategies were totally unexpected to me. But then I got supply blocked so I made a lot of mistakes. That's why I think my mind got erased completely and ended up losing completely.

Who did you want to advance from the losers' match?

I was hoping Happy would make it. I felt like more TvZs would be detrimental to me since I had already lost against Symbol. I wasn't able to watch game one but I did see game two and that made me realize how good RorO was against mech. I knew it was going to be hard upcoming match.

For the final round, you had a neck and neck match.

I came to the studio without even thinking about the final match. So I just played like I normally did on ladder. I lost game two humiliatingly because nothing went like I thought it would so I decided to do a strategy I had already used for the Ro48 for game three. But then I forgot about my strategy and things didn't go like I had planned so I just decided to wing it and luckily, I was able to win.

This is your first Code S after your debut from two years ago. Why do you think you weren't able to make Code S for all these years?

I think I wasn't able to focus on the game well. I think it's because I get a lot of thoughts when I play in an actual match so the things I prepare don't get executed properly. I also didn't have enough practice. But since I have enough time until the group nominations, I plan on overcoming all my disadvantages by the time my Ro16 matches roll around.

You have group nominations ahead of you. Any specific player you would like to face?

We still don't know all the player for the Ro16 so I haven't thought about who I want to face yet. I think Curious hyung made a pretty nice impression during last season's group nominations so I would like to do something like that as well.

What are your goals for this season?

I've set my goal for the semi finals so I can go to Las Vegas. I also tend to get a lot of thoughts that I won't ever be able to beat Zerg thanks to my practices against Life. Overcoming that kind of feeling is my second goal for this season.

Anything else you would like to say?

First off, I want to thank our sponsors ZOWIE Gear, Joy Gear, and Red Bull. Lastly, I want to thank my teammates for helping me with practice, especially Life, who still helped me practice even though he had school.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Pazuzu
Profile Joined July 2011
United States632 Posts
October 30 2012 14:11 GMT
#2
Wow that was fast! Thanks Seeker!
"It is because intuition is sometimes right, that we don't know what to do with it"
Weavel
Profile Joined January 2010
Finland9224 Posts
October 30 2012 14:12 GMT
#3
Thank you a lot SeeKer!
Life/Seed//Mvp/NaNiwa fighting! ZeNEX forever!
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
October 30 2012 14:20 GMT
#4
Thanks Seeker! :D
Moderatorlickypiddy
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
October 30 2012 14:21 GMT
#5
cheers rekees
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
October 30 2012 14:21 GMT
#6
Good interview
Thanks Kersee !
silent_owl
Profile Joined March 2011
Philippines3098 Posts
October 30 2012 14:22 GMT
#7
Roro.T_T Thanks, Seeker!
"If you know your enemy and yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles." - Sun Tzu
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
October 30 2012 14:26 GMT
#8
Thanks Susie. Symbol seems very happy to play as much ZvT as possible lol
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
October 30 2012 14:32 GMT
#9
On October 30 2012 23:26 Asha` wrote:
Thanks Susie. Symbol seems very happy to play as much ZvT as possible lol


I think pretty much all the top zergs are very good vT and want to play vT as compare to vP and vZ.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
October 30 2012 14:43 GMT
#10
On October 30 2012 23:26 Asha` wrote:
Thanks Susie. Symbol seems very happy to play as much ZvT as possible lol

........

Su.....sie?.....
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Incomplet
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United Kingdom1419 Posts
October 30 2012 14:58 GMT
#11
The handsome nerd sponsor Tsl? Isn't that the business Tastosis run?
Bow down to the sons of Aiur...SKT1_Rain, CreatorPrime, ST_Parting, Liquid_Hero.
kju
Profile Joined September 2010
6143 Posts
October 30 2012 15:08 GMT
#12
On October 30 2012 23:58 Incomplet wrote:
The handsome nerd sponsor Tsl? Isn't that the business Tastosis run?

yes it is.

thx seeka
nokz88
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil1253 Posts
October 30 2012 15:13 GMT
#13
Life's style can't be copied even by fellow progamers. I wonder how much APM it requires. Around 300 perhaps?
in a state of trance
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
October 30 2012 15:41 GMT
#14
Really didn't want Hack to make it through, but I'm glad he's really happy
Refer to my post.
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
October 30 2012 15:45 GMT
#15
On October 31 2012 00:13 nokz88 wrote:
Life's style can't be copied even by fellow progamers. I wonder how much APM it requires. Around 300 perhaps?


It might not just be APM although that is part of it. Symbol mentioned it was larvae management and making the right number of units. And likely where you position your units and how to engage.
LockeTazeline
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
2390 Posts
October 30 2012 15:56 GMT
#16
Symbol is #1 ELO versus Terran isn't he?

Also it's interesting that both Symbol and DRG have said that they can't copy Life's style. And poor Hack feeling unconfident because he practices with Life.
Taefox
Profile Joined March 2010
1533 Posts
October 30 2012 16:15 GMT
#17
lol'd symble he was so confident about his ZvT

thanks seeker <3
@taefoxy
Rikiya
Profile Joined March 2011
Japan87 Posts
October 30 2012 16:24 GMT
#18
Good interviews! Needs moar TSL zergs in Code S!

thanks Seeker for translation
Serelitz
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands2895 Posts
October 30 2012 16:26 GMT
#19
I also tend to get a lot of thoughts that I won't ever be able to beat Zerg thanks to my practices against Life.


Have to say I laughed.
Heavenfallz
Profile Joined September 2012
Australia73 Posts
October 30 2012 16:32 GMT
#20
Fast translation!!
Great work!!
"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories" - Sun Tzu
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O109
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 149
PiGStarcraft4
ViBE3
Nina 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14714
Dewaltoss 147
ZZZero.O 109
firebathero 99
Hyuk 87
Terrorterran 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm67
febbydoto57
League of Legends
Doublelift3854
Counter-Strike
Fnx 775
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6032
Other Games
summit1g6871
FrodaN2333
fl0m620
mouzStarbuck414
KnowMe258
ToD202
ArmadaUGS140
JimRising 108
Mew2King52
Railgan35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1139
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 47
• musti20045 35
• Adnapsc2 16
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie826
• Shiphtur214
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 11m
INu's Battles
14h 11m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 11m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 11m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.