• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:41
CEST 20:41
KST 03:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7856 users

[Interview] OSL non-KeSPA dual tournament winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-16 23:13:08
July 16 2012 22:13 GMT
#1
FnaticRCOz

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Interview] +

Your thoughts on advancing to the paly offs in first place of the group?

It has taken me five years to get into the OSL. As long as it has taken me to achieve this, it makes me all the happier.

What did you think after seeing your group?

Since it was with just GSL players and no KeSPA players, I didn’t think too much about the groups. Despite not liking PvZ, I felt like I could advance.

You tried a photon cannon rush in the first set

It was planned. Lately, I haven’t been doing early probe scout against Zerg in either the GSL or in foreign tournaments. So this time, I did a scout after forge to catch my opponent off guard as he goes for a 15 hatchery.

Did you expect your opponent in Set 2 to play as well as he did?

MVP tried to trick me out by building his command centre at the back of his main but I didn’t fall for it. I still expected a quick expansion from him and focused on unit production and upgrades. It seemed like a 2 armour timing would break him.

Lately you are very inconsistent so why do you think that is?

I agree with the statement that I am very inconsistent. I do well when I practise and vice versa. I think this shows in my official games. Recently, I’ve reached the bottom so it’s time to start practising a lot more.

Who do you want to face in the playoffs?

I’ve already played a lot of games against the GSL players so I want to try facing players from KeSPA. I think it’d be fun to take on CJ Entus players such as Leta and Horang2. Only thing is I can’t be sure they will be advance too (laugh).

Your goal for this season?

Rather than the royal roader title, I’m focusing more on the fact that this would be my first championship in my Starcraft 2 career if I win. That’s why I want to take this season really badly.

Anything to add?

My teammates helped me practise so much. I am very grateful. I’m a bit disappointed by the fact that the audience was rather small. I believe more people will attend once the KeSPA players have held their qualifiers and the playoffs start.
Lately, the issue of KeSPA vs GSL is becoming a hot topic and this is a good thing. I just ask that you support us in a positive manner as both sides are working very hard. Once the playoffs start, this is going to be even more of an issue so rather than dishing out criticisms, I think it’d be better for us to have an enjoyable time.


Source: ThisisGame

LG-IMMVP

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Interview] +

Your thoughts on advancing in second place of the group?

It’s been a long time since I came to play in Yong San in the OSL so I’m very happy to have won. I’ve been slumping lately but I think I can carry the momentum from this victory and play as I used to.

You used the same strategy for your TvZs today.

Just recently at the Home Story Cup, I played a very common marine-siege tank centric style in the TvZs. Then, Min told me today that he’d seen all of my HSC games. That’s why I switched up my style and it worked excellently. So I also employed it in the final match.

Your thoughts on the best of 1 format?

I love the best of 1 format so I was very happy with the dual tournament. Multi series play is very demanding in terms of stamina but best of 1 is much quicker so I like the latter.

This is your first time in ro16 of OSL so how do you feel?

I’ve dreamed of this since the Starcraft 1 days. I feel like a victory on my dream stage will give me a boost in motivation.

Anyone you wish to face in the playoffs?

No one in particular. Then again, Flash was a BonJwa in Starcraft 1 and he seems excellent in Starcraft 2 so I do want to face him sometime.

Lately, Woongjin is doing well in Starcraft 2 so did you have a hand in that?

I tend not to share strategies with Starcraft 1 players. I think it’d be silly for professionals to just give away their secrets. Actually, I’ve noticed that Soulkey gets sent out in the ace match of proleague quite often but I smashed him in a ZvZ the other day. I can’t fathom why they would send out such a novice player for the ace matches(laugh). It made me very sad to see him lose three times in a row in his ace matches. It’d be nice if he refined his play a little bit. Also, Zero lost in his recent ro4 match so I want to wish him the best.

Your goal for this season?

The championship. I will work hard for this goal.

Anything to add?

I want to thank Happy, True, Losira, Nestea and Horror for helping me with practice. Also, my girlfriend came to cheer me on today and this is why I won today.
Lastly, the anti-noise curtains on the stage were really well done. I want to give my thanks to the producers.


Source: ThisisGame

MVPDongRaeGu

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Interview] +

Tell us how you feel advancing in first place of the group

I’ve been in a lot of tournaments recently so I couldn’t practise much. So I relied on my fundamentals and it’s great to advance to the playoffs that way.

What did you think about your group?

There was one of each race so it was difficult to practise for the matches. On top, all of these players are doing really well lately. I thought practising hard only to lose would be too disappointing so actually just focused on GSL and GSTL instead.

If you were to evaluate today’s games?

There were a few mistakes but I think I played about as well as I do in practice.

Set 2 was a close game in which you came back after falling behind so how did you manage that?

I had more infestors and had more firepower in general. Symbol’s expansion was late and the subsequent fact that he wasn’t maxed out was a great help too. I was able to overtake him because I forced him to expend a lot of his infestor energy before the last engagement.

Who do you want to face in the playoffs?

I want to face the top KeSPA players. I also want to play against TaekBangLeeSSang whom I always wanted to play against in my Starcraft 1 days.

You are attending a great number of tournaments these days so how are you taking care of yourself?

Nothing special other than making sure I practise hard and rest up well.

You are thought to be the potential champion for this season so are you confident you can live up the expectations?

It’d be possible if the map pool was changed but as it is, against the best players, it’d be difficult. I wish they would add maps like Daybreak and Cloud Kingdom to replace the ones they have now.

Anything to add?

I want to thank the coach, my teammteas, family, friends and my girlfriend and fans who stayed late til the end to cheer for me. I also want to give my thanks to our sponsors Lotte Chil Sung, Razer and our partner MYM.


Source: ThisisGame

NSHSSan

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Interview] +

Your thoughts on advancing after some very close games?

I have been slumping for a long time so maybe this OSL is the beginning of its end.

Why do you think you have been slumping?

I play badly in official matches. I get jittery and impatient which leads to me throwing games.

Have you gotten rid of that impatience?

I was still a bit affected today so I think luck was on my side for me to advance. I think I will have to have a good mindset to do well in the playoffs.

What did you think after seeing your group?

After the coach handed me the list, I despaired. The only hope I had was that there were two Zergs in the group.

You lost to DRG in the first set

I made a huge mistake in that game. I was supposed to research Charge but forgot. That’s why I lost. If I had had to play another game straight after that, I would have been broken mentally and lost but during the break, the coach and teammates helped me recover and made sure I could play my best in the loser’s match.

You seem to play better in the OSL

I’m not aware of any major differences. Maybe it’s the noise-cancellation curtains in this studio. GomTV ones make ocean noises but OSL ones play a background music.

You are once again being called ManZenith (T/N: the Korean word was 갓초원, a play on his name but I’m not sure what it means) so do you feel like you are at your best once again?

Not even close. Once I get to ro4 of Code S in the GSL, I will have lived up to the name of ManZenith.

Anyone you wish to face in the playoffs?

No one in particular. I just hope that my friends Parting, Seal and Yugioh all advance. KeSPA players have gotten so good that it will be daunting to take them on.

Anything to add?

I want to thank my friends for coming to cheer me on as well as my coach. Also, I wish Kim, Do Kyun the best of luck in his high school finals and Daisy who is in Germany by himself. Lastly, I want to thank my practice partners Life, Pet and MentalKingand want to dedicate today’s victory to Parting. Parting lost to Symbol in Code S recently but I just avenged him so I hope he feels better and works hard (T/N: PartingxSan ship? Parsan? Santing?).


Source: ThisisGame
Translator
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
July 16 2012 22:14 GMT
#2
uploading first two interviews for now cuz i gotta have breakfast and stuff
Translator
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
July 16 2012 22:15 GMT
#3
storywriter best writer <3
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
July 16 2012 22:17 GMT
#4
you're amazing storywriter!
I need to buy you a beer one day.
moo...for DRG
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-16 22:22:38
July 16 2012 22:17 GMT
#5
Epic fail on my part, please ignore
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
July 16 2012 22:19 GMT
#6
lmao @ MVP ripping on soulkey
Woonjin players seem to enjoy talking shit to one another
jaedong imba
DrPandaPhD
Profile Joined November 2011
5188 Posts
July 16 2012 22:19 GMT
#7
On July 17 2012 07:17 Assirra wrote:
Great work but i think i found a mistake in the Oz interview.

Did you expect your opponent in Set 2 to play as well as he did?

MVP tried to trick me out by building his command centre at the back of his main but I didn’t fall for it. I still expected a quick expansion from him and focused on unit production and upgrades. It seemed like a 2 armour timing would break him.

Doesn't this have to be Sniper?


Sniper is zerg? :o

Much love as always sw, you're doing an amazing job~
리노크 👑
FataLe
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand4560 Posts
July 16 2012 22:20 GMT
#8
On July 17 2012 07:14 storywriter wrote:
uploading first two interviews for now cuz i gotta have breakfast and stuff

no!

You don't get rest!

You are the translator we need but we do not deserve!

You're the dark knight!
hi. big fan.
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
July 16 2012 22:21 GMT
#9
On July 17 2012 07:17 Assirra wrote:
Great work but i think i found a mistake in the Oz interview.

Did you expect your opponent in Set 2 to play as well as he did?

MVP tried to trick me out by building his command centre at the back of his main but I didn’t fall for it. I still expected a quick expansion from him and focused on unit production and upgrades. It seemed like a 2 armour timing would break him.

Doesn't this have to be Sniper?

fairly certain the name in the interview is MVP and Zerg can't build command centres. can you elaborate because i didn't watch the games, i'll admit
Translator
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-16 22:22:16
July 16 2012 22:21 GMT
#10
On July 17 2012 07:17 Assirra wrote:
Great work but i think i found a mistake in the Oz interview.

Did you expect your opponent in Set 2 to play as well as he did?

MVP tried to trick me out by building his command centre at the back of his main but I didn’t fall for it. I still expected a quick expansion from him and focused on unit production and upgrades. It seemed like a 2 armour timing would break him.

Doesn't this have to be Sniper?

Uh no. Oz played MVP after Sniper, and Sniper is Zerg any ways. Though really MVP didn't build the CC at the back of the main, it was close to the front .
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
July 16 2012 22:22 GMT
#11
On July 17 2012 07:19 DrPandaPhD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 07:17 Assirra wrote:
Great work but i think i found a mistake in the Oz interview.

Did you expect your opponent in Set 2 to play as well as he did?

MVP tried to trick me out by building his command centre at the back of his main but I didn’t fall for it. I still expected a quick expansion from him and focused on unit production and upgrades. It seemed like a 2 armour timing would break him.

Doesn't this have to be Sniper?


Sniper is zerg? :o

Much love as always sw, you're doing an amazing job~

Ah group stages.
My bad.
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-16 22:25:43
July 16 2012 22:22 GMT
#12
Hahaha.

Min's guide to shooting yourself in the foot

step 1) talk to opponent before games.

step 2) tell him you saw all his recent games.

step 3) proceed to lose after your opponent decides to completely switch up his style of play.

====

lol @ MVP teasing his ex-teammates.

As expected his own Zerg play is fearsome =p

I like his comment about not giving away secrets.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
July 16 2012 22:23 GMT
#13
On July 17 2012 07:19 slappy wrote:
lmao @ MVP ripping on soulkey
Woonjin players seem to enjoy talking shit to one another


LOL that made me laugh to.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
July 16 2012 22:24 GMT
#14
ManZenith RETURNS. So happy he won this.
"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
aRyuujin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5049 Posts
July 16 2012 22:26 GMT
#15
lol, thanks SW! so glad MVP advanced
can i get my estro logo back pls
HappyTimePANDA
Profile Joined March 2012
United States167 Posts
July 16 2012 22:26 GMT
#16
I still can't believe San beat Symbol :/. Now I just have to hope for DRG to get Flash
Violet | Leenock | Life | Symbol | Jaedong | DRG
DMKraft
Profile Joined December 2010
476 Posts
July 16 2012 22:28 GMT
#17
Actually, I’ve noticed that Soulkey gets sent out in the ace match of proleague quite often but I smashed him in a ZvZ the other day. I can’t fathom why they would send out such a novice player for the ace matches(laugh).


Ouch MVP so mean
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
July 16 2012 22:35 GMT
#18
What is this, No DRG or NSHSSan?!?!? We need interview translations! lol. Thanks Storywriter!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
silent_owl
Profile Joined March 2011
Philippines3098 Posts
July 16 2012 22:45 GMT
#19
So San is back? Has he gone to military service? I mean is he done?
"If you know your enemy and yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles." - Sun Tzu
LemonyTang
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom437 Posts
July 16 2012 22:45 GMT
#20
Storywriter OWNS!
Mvp #1
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 258
ProTech154
BRAT_OK 54
MindelVK 25
CosmosSc2 21
JuggernautJason7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25069
Shuttle 704
Hyuk 168
White-Ra 116
Dewaltoss 101
firebathero 76
Trap 49
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 22
Bale 17
[ Show more ]
Shine 17
Rock 16
Dota 2
Gorgc9556
qojqva1567
Counter-Strike
fl0m1570
Fnx 829
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King119
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby1729
crisheroes1385
Khaldor1270
Liquid`Hasu501
Other Games
summit1g3921
FrodaN1550
Beastyqt558
Mlord311
XBOCT289
ArmadaUGS183
C9.Mang0179
QueenE69
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream63
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH327
• StrangeGG 64
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 17
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie828
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 19m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 19m
Online Event
16h 19m
FEL
21h 19m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 19m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.