• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:37
CEST 13:37
KST 20:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8690 users

patch 1.4.4 wont update

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
TSM
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Great Britain584 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-16 19:14:07
July 16 2012 19:11 GMT
#1
Hi TL tech gurus i am having some issues updating the new patch for SC2, it strarts downloading then the updater closes, i reopen the client to have the updater screen with the play button clickable but then it says starcraft 2 needs a patch to work, download and install now? i click yes and the blizzard updater comes up and once the ghets to 3/4 percent it crashes, plz help.

i have tried reinstalling and no change, if you needs PC specs i will post.

thx
The person to smile when everything goes wrong has found someone to blame it on - arthur bloch **** tl:dr *user was banned for this post*
transience
Profile Joined February 2011
Belgium74 Posts
July 16 2012 19:20 GMT
#2
I ran into the same issue, turns out it was because of my relocalizer. Ended up downloading the latest version of the relocalizer, which fixed it.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
TSM
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Great Britain584 Posts
July 16 2012 19:45 GMT
#3
real tech noob moment here, how do i do that?
The person to smile when everything goes wrong has found someone to blame it on - arthur bloch **** tl:dr *user was banned for this post*
rhs408
Profile Joined January 2011
United States904 Posts
July 16 2012 21:02 GMT
#4
I had trouble with this patch also, had to close everything and start over a couple times before it finally went through. When it did work, the Blizzard updater automatically started doing its thing after the patch was re-downloaded, which did not happen the first couple tries.
IWaZzAI
Profile Joined July 2012
Australia1 Post
July 31 2012 08:41 GMT
#5
Mine didn't register there was an update and wouldn't let me into the Australian server and would crash, I think because the last time I logged in it was on the American server and the patch isn't on the American server yet as far as I know. I used the starcraft switcher.exe file to change accounts to SEA and then when I started SC2 the update kicked into action.
HypertonicHydroponic
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
437 Posts
August 01 2012 00:42 GMT
#6
Do you get a message saying that it has had an error attempting to write to your disk? What happenes to me is I try to run the game client and the updater pops up. After it downloads the file, a window with Starcraft 2 Setup in the caption pops up and says something like "Looking For Setup Files..." The status bar for this get's like 2/3 of the way and then I get the following message:

"An error occurred while writing to your hard drive. Please make sure your hard drive is not full and try again.

Please click the link below for more information or contact Customer Support if the problem persists.

Error code: BLZPTS00009"

Clicking on the link brings up this page: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/BLZPTS00009. For me the advice on this page was no help at all. After checking out a few other sites, and trying a few other tips (like turning on my Secondary Logon service, turning off the security messaging under user controls, running as administrator, etc.), I still have not been able to get past this error. I've even completely uninstalled all of my virus/spyware protection, reinstalled the game, and nothing has worked.

I have since reinstalled my security, and reversed all of the settings I've changed since they seem to leave little hope of working, and I've openned up a support ticket with Blizzard. If they come through for me, I will share the response with you if you are having the same issue,
[P] The Watery Archives -- http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=279070
makoy
Profile Joined May 2011
Singapore2 Posts
August 01 2012 06:50 GMT
#7
I am having same problem here, I am using a Macbook Pro on OS X v10.5.8

From the patch updater log, I am getting the below error. I tried connecting my Mac directly to my modem, instead of via my WiFi router, but I still get the same error.

Any suggestions?

-----------------------------------------------------------
# System started at 2012-07-31 11:13:50.1071
# system: MacBook Pro (4)
#-----------------------------------------------------------
11:13:50.2399 Launcher version 2.1.2.2748
11:14:04.7635 Failed while patching. Command was 'execute sc2-x.x.x.x-1.5.0.22342-enUS-Downloader.app'.
11:14:04.7635 Failed to run Downloader from 'sc2-x.x.x.x-1.5.0.22342-enUS-OSX-Migration-dl'.
11:14:14.8167 IPC Monitor Cancel Patch: Timeout, State = ready_updater
For the swarm!
EdenPLusDucky
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
571 Posts
August 01 2012 07:56 GMT
#8
On August 01 2012 15:50 makoy wrote:
I am having same problem here, I am using a Macbook Pro on OS X v10.5.8

From the patch updater log, I am getting the below error. I tried connecting my Mac directly to my modem, instead of via my WiFi router, but I still get the same error.

Any suggestions?

-----------------------------------------------------------
# System started at 2012-07-31 11:13:50.1071
# system: MacBook Pro (4)
#-----------------------------------------------------------
11:13:50.2399 Launcher version 2.1.2.2748
11:14:04.7635 Failed while patching. Command was 'execute sc2-x.x.x.x-1.5.0.22342-enUS-Downloader.app'.
11:14:04.7635 Failed to run Downloader from 'sc2-x.x.x.x-1.5.0.22342-enUS-OSX-Migration-dl'.
11:14:14.8167 IPC Monitor Cancel Patch: Timeout, State = ready_updater


http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2301630502

Important Information:
• Mac 10.5 is no longer being supported for StarCraft II.
chroniX
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
517 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-01 09:18:20
August 01 2012 08:56 GMT
#9
On August 01 2012 09:42 HypertonicHydroponic wrote:
Do you get a message saying that it has had an error attempting to write to your disk? What happenes to me is I try to run the game client and the updater pops up. After it downloads the file, a window with Starcraft 2 Setup in the caption pops up and says something like "Looking For Setup Files..." The status bar for this get's like 2/3 of the way and then I get the following message:

"An error occurred while writing to your hard drive. Please make sure your hard drive is not full and try again.

Please click the link below for more information or contact Customer Support if the problem persists.

Error code: BLZPTS00009"

Clicking on the link brings up this page: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/BLZPTS00009. For me the advice on this page was no help at all. After checking out a few other sites, and trying a few other tips (like turning on my Secondary Logon service, turning off the security messaging under user controls, running as administrator, etc.), I still have not been able to get past this error. I've even completely uninstalled all of my virus/spyware protection, reinstalled the game, and nothing has worked.

I have since reinstalled my security, and reversed all of the settings I've changed since they seem to leave little hope of working, and I've openned up a support ticket with Blizzard. If they come through for me, I will share the response with you if you are having the same issue,


Found a solution? I have the same problem...

EDIT: FIXED IT
Go to properties of Starcraft2.exe and run it in WindowsXP compatibility mode and as administrator.
TeMiL
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Peru545 Posts
August 01 2012 20:46 GMT
#10
it work for me too.
compatibility with Windows XP SP2
run as administrator
HypertonicHydroponic
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
437 Posts
August 02 2012 14:01 GMT
#11
Alas, this did not work for me. I did try this before as I found it as a tip on another website, and I tried it again now after your suggestion. There was a slight difference between the other tip and yours -- the other one said to use XP SP 3, and yours says XP SP 2. Neither worked. Blizzard's response said to remove the Norton from my system or make sure the firewall component was letting through certain executables:

+ Show Spoiler [canned response ahead...] +
Hello!

Thank you for contacting for with your issue about Patching Starcraft II.

NORTON ANTIVIRUS
Please use the following links to either configure or remove the program completely:

The Firewall component of Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall products must be configured to allow desired programs to run over the Internet. The firewall needs to be set to "Allow" or "Permit All" for programs such as Launcher.exe, WOW.exe, Background Downloader.exe, BNUdate.exe and Repair.exe. Normally a Norton security product automatically detects the first time a new program attempts to access the Internet and then prompts you to allow or block access. Always "allow" Blizzard programs. Otherwise, you may need to manually configure the program rules in your Norton product.

To configure a program rule in Norton 360 "All-in-One Security" to allow Blizzard executables to access the Internet:

1. Start Norton 360
2. Click Task & Settings at the top of the main menu
3. On the Task & Settings menu click Advanced Settings
4. On the Advanced Settings screen click Firewall Protection Settings
5. On the Firewall Protection Settings screen, click the Firewall Program Rules tab
6. Select WOW Retail.exe (and/or Repair.exe, Blizzard Updater.exe, Launcher.exe, BNUpdate.exe, and Blizzard Downloader.exe ) in the list of programs
7. In the Access column beside EACH OF THE ABOVE .EXE files click the down arrow and select Allow (not Auto or Custom)
8. Click the Apply button at the bottom of the screen.


If needed here is the link to the Norton Removal Tool:
Norton Removal Tool
http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080710133834EN&ln=en_US

If you continue to experience issues, please reply to this ticket. Be sure to include any steps that that you have tried to resolve the problem, the exact text of any error messages you are seeing along with where in the connection process the issue occurs. Please also provide your systems diagnostic files, follow the instructions here: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/request-for-system-files-dxdiag-msinfo-and-error-reports and http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/performing-a-traceroute

- Please attach these files to your reply.
- Attachment must be under 5MB
- Attachments must be in BMP, JPG, GIF, TXT, or TGA format
- Make sure that all attachments (up to 4 files allowed) meet the recommended requirements. Security concerns may cause files with other formats or files that are too large to be filtered or deleted without response.

If you still need assistance, feel free to hit the "Not resolved" button below or If you'd prefer to speak to someone over the phone, our Representatives are available 7 days a week from 7AM to 8PM Pacific Time at 1-800-592-5499.

Regards,

Mallorie D.
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support


My installation of Norton was merely a setup that came prepackaged on my computer that I had never activated, so it seemed like this was a long shot. Nevertheless, I uninstalled it, then uninstalled all my actuall functional anti-virus, etc. again, and tried to run the SC2 executable -- still no luck. I even tried the compatability mode trick and run as administrator again while I had all of the security stuff down. Same error code. So I reopened my Blizzard support ticket. I guess we'll see what happens. :/ Maybe I'll just have to wait for HOTS -- hopefully they will bundle all of these hotfixes into that disk and not make us install over a fully patched WOL.
[P] The Watery Archives -- http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=279070
HypertonicHydroponic
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
437 Posts
August 16 2012 19:22 GMT
#12
So I just thought I'd update this in case people are still having problems -- I just got mine resolved. I was || <-- this close to installing on my home "print server", too... lol

Anyway, as it turns out the original assessment in my post above (in the spoiler) wasn't actually all that far off. However, it wasn't the Norton that was F'ing with my installation, it was Webroot Security. When I first got my computer, it came with in a bundle deal that included Webroot security for all of the computers that came in the package. So I installed it to see if I liked it. It was okay, but there were a few issues that made me decide not to go with it past it's first year. I tried to uninstall it from my computer but there was a problem that occurred during the uninstall. While it seemed to uninstall (it no longer showed up in the list of programs to uninstall), it only seems to have mostly uninstalled and a latent part of the program that seems to have been running this whole time as a service (AEI.exe) was hindering the SC2 1.5.0 installation. I restarted into safe mode, ended the process, disabled the service, took the remaining folder in program files out of the equation, and POOF, the SC2 installation went through quite smoothly from there.

So, while Blizzard didn't quite hit the nail on the head, they were very helpful and stuck with me through the process. It took a little longer than I had hoped, but hopefully they have learned something a similar case is going on with anyone else still.
[P] The Watery Archives -- http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=279070
Universum
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada192 Posts
October 13 2012 15:19 GMT
#13
On August 02 2012 05:46 TeMiL wrote:
it work for me too.
compatibility with Windows XP SP2
run as administrator



Will it work even if I have windows 7 ?
You often learn more from losing than winning. Don't rage, it's a game!
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko362
SpeCial 114
ProTech113
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16268
firebathero 1937
Bisu 1274
Hyuk 660
Horang2 597
BeSt 310
Larva 237
Mini 231
EffOrt 190
Light 173
[ Show more ]
Soma 145
Leta 92
ZerO 92
Mong 82
Rush 80
Barracks 80
Snow 55
Pusan 52
Killer 47
ToSsGirL 38
Sharp 34
NaDa 32
Shinee 32
Aegong 32
zelot 32
Mind 29
Sexy 24
Bale 19
sorry 19
Sacsri 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
JulyZerg 11
Noble 9
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 398
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss894
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1151
Khaldor1006
Other Games
gofns34622
singsing2059
olofmeister1170
B2W.Neo285
Livibee122
Mew2King85
ArmadaUGS52
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream236
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH143
• StrangeGG 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 23m
OSC
10h 23m
CranKy Ducklings
22h 23m
Online Event
23h 23m
FEL
1d 4h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.