• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:24
CEST 19:24
KST 02:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9554 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XIX

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Intact
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden634 Posts
June 26 2012 11:10 GMT
#15
/in
Intact
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden634 Posts
June 28 2012 23:12 GMT
#151
I know it's a bit early to try and make a read, however my short list of possible scum is topped by Myles atm. Primarily because it seems like he wants to promote inactivity. It's a loose read but someone had to get this started.
Intact
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden634 Posts
June 28 2012 23:44 GMT
#156
On June 29 2012 08:28 Promethelax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2012 08:16 Myles wrote:
On June 29 2012 08:12 Intact wrote:
I know it's a bit early to try and make a read, however my short list of possible scum is topped by Myles atm. Primarily because it seems like he wants to promote inactivity. It's a loose read but someone had to get this started.

I guess you can call trying to be a little more selective than randomly picking people to start accusing is promoting inactivity, but I was trying to be a little more prudent. The game started 2 hours ago so it seems a bit early to start accusing people.


I think Myles is right here, we need to think this through. I'm certainly not opposed to a lurker lynch but if we are going to start targeting a single player it should be for a good reason.

Intact, if you think Myles is scummy you should keep a close eye on him and see how he acts see what he does and build a case.

We as townies need to work together though we have the deductive power of nine smart (I hope) people on our side, we should try to use that power.


Im not claiming he is scum, I'm simply pointing out the observations I've made- And I felt like the ball had to get rolling.
Intact
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden634 Posts
June 29 2012 01:05 GMT
#163
On June 29 2012 09:55 Anacletus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2012 09:52 NrGmonk wrote:
On June 29 2012 09:46 JingleHell wrote:
What about you, monk? The color of the hammer next to your name trying to tell us something? Hell, if nothing else, and we end up with nobody really screaming "scum", we should totally ban the pants off of the banling, just for irony.

Although, Anacletus, I am going to keep that loose eye on you, and one on Myles. I'm not entirely sure why, but something about your posting is setting off... well, not really alarms, more like having a cell phone on vibrate, but leaving it in your other pair of pants, so that mild buzzing sound.

Seems pretty scummy. Telling people to lynch a somewhat arbitrary player when I haven't done anything to arouse suspicion. O_O


You seem scummy for calling him scummy.


Now this isn't going anywhere..
Intact
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden634 Posts
June 29 2012 11:22 GMT
#204
On June 29 2012 18:51 Fencer710 wrote:
Ah I've found something!
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2012 09:55 Anacletus wrote:
On June 29 2012 09:52 NrGmonk wrote:
On June 29 2012 09:46 JingleHell wrote:
What about you, monk? The color of the hammer next to your name trying to tell us something? Hell, if nothing else, and we end up with nobody really screaming "scum", we should totally ban the pants off of the banling, just for irony.

Although, Anacletus, I am going to keep that loose eye on you, and one on Myles. I'm not entirely sure why, but something about your posting is setting off... well, not really alarms, more like having a cell phone on vibrate, but leaving it in your other pair of pants, so that mild buzzing sound.

Seems pretty scummy. Telling people to lynch a somewhat arbitrary player when I haven't done anything to arouse suspicion. O_O


You seem scummy for calling him scummy.
This may suggest that both Anacletus and Jinglehell may both be mafia. Jinglehell points his finger at Monk after pointing it at Anacletus, then Anacletus points it at Jinglehell.

For some reason I can't say exactly why it makes me tick, but it does.


I think I saw this type of play in a previous mafia game. Not sure which one though. There were 2 mafia who argued agressivly towards eachother early on. This reminds me of that occasion.
Intact
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden634 Posts
June 29 2012 12:37 GMT
#210
On June 29 2012 20:30 BLinD-RawR wrote:
yes I do see that their argument seems lacking but that is also because analectus seems be quite uncooperative with Jingle therefore the argument itself seems to be quite pointless.

Intact, any reads so far?



My first guess was Myles, however he is no longer on top of the list(although I will keep an eye on him). I'm leaning mostly towards Analectus, his posts contain very little of value and seems more like a way to avoid being branded a lurker. And like I said before I have seen scum play that is similar to what JH and Analectus is doing.
Intact
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden634 Posts
June 29 2012 14:28 GMT
#226
##Vote Analectus
Intact
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden634 Posts
June 30 2012 01:29 GMT
#282
I'm going to stand by my read as analectus being scum but I have also become very suspicious of promethelax. People may have been bandwagoning analectus but as soon as he got into lynching territory promethelax show up with a long thread pointing out someone else, thereby making some people switch vote. This causes divisions and tensions among the town which is exactly what the scum want. I lean more towards fencer just playing badly and promethelax trying to save his scum partner analectus.
Intact
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden634 Posts
June 30 2012 01:48 GMT
#284
In addition, should we lynch analectus and he turns put to be mafia, it would make it fairly easy to point out the other mafia. And if he turns out to be townie it would be very easy to confirm some townies.
Intact
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden634 Posts
July 01 2012 01:23 GMT
#401
So I see that there is some doubt about me and my posting. I'll try adress that in a couple of hours when I wake up. Just got home from a nightclub so trying to make sense seems like a bad idea right now.
Intact
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden634 Posts
July 02 2012 00:11 GMT
#431
Sorry for my inactivity, internet died and It's quite annoying trying to write long texts from my phone. ISP says it will be fixed by tomorrow.
Intact
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden634 Posts
July 03 2012 01:16 GMT
#472
I've been on the phone with my isp all day, if stuff isnt working soon I will have to ask for replacement. Cant make any serious posts from my cellphone.
Intact
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden634 Posts
July 03 2012 14:01 GMT
#487
Ok, everything is working now so I'm gonna try and defend myself. Atm it seems like I am on the chopblock due to being percieved as a lurker aswell as generally poor posting. To people pointing out my short and not very well tohught out posts, my answer is two fold. First, this is my first game of mafia and I've made some bad misstakes, the biggest of them not being patient enough and starting the bandwagon on analectus. I did feel very good about my read and his actions after being accused seemed to back it up. My second explanation for poor posting is that the way I think is not very well suited for town play. I can read the thread ove and over and not come up with anything and then while playing a game or doing work or whatever an idea pops up and I feel like I should post as soon as I can because I have a tendency to forget stuff like that very fast. This is obviously going to come off as very scummy posts.

Now, on to some more specific explanations:

On June 29 2012 23:28 Intact wrote:
##Vote Analectus


No discussion, no thoughts, just hopping on board.

After promethelax comes in to push his case on Fencer (which no one but me really took to), Intact sees this as a very suspicious move. Promethelax is attempting to flesh out multiple cases on day 1 instead of tunnelling one person, and Intact deems that scum behaviour because it might split the town and cause tension. On the other hand, Anacletus flipped town, so Promethelax had the right idea going after someone else.


Explanation:
+ Show Spoiler +
The no discussion claim is simply false, Even though I did not write anything in the vote post I was the first to bring up analectus and tyring to make a logical case against him. I did not just jump on the bandwagon, I posted my thoughts more than once before voting. The reasons I suspected promethelax was that I truly believed in my read of analectus and to me promethelax post seemed like a desperation move to save him. This obviously turned out not to be true.


On June 30 2012 10:48 Intact wrote:
In addition, should we lynch analectus and he turns put to be mafia, it would make it fairly easy to point out the other mafia. And if he turns out to be townie it would be very easy to confirm some townies.


This is not true in the slightest and just screams scum to me. JH quickly picks up on it:

That last line in the spoiler is the biggest point here. Intact is assuming that a lynch would reveal perfect information about who voted. That cant work since town must be involved in the mislynch, so how could you know with certainty who is scum and who is town? Unless you're scum, you cant possibly know after a D1 Lynch.


Explanation:
+ Show Spoiler +
Here, my only defence is poor play, which admittedly is not a very strong case. I'd like to remind you that this is my first ever game of mafia and at the time this did seems completely logical to me, although I've figured out that I assume way to much


On June 29 2012 20:22 Intact wrote:
I think I saw this type of play in a previous mafia game. Not sure which one though. There were 2 mafia who argued agressivly towards eachother early on. This reminds me of that occasion.

This is basically Intact's first move of the game: A vague reference to how maybe JH and Anacletus might both be scum, but presented in such a way that it's easy to distance yourself from later on. I acknowledge that I responded with agreement that this could be a useful bit of analysis if one of them flipped red, but knowing that both were town makes this look like an attempt to get discussion moving toward a mislynch.


Explanation:
+ Show Spoiler +
I don't see how this is suspicious or scummy at all, I'm trying to make a read and be a little meta. Also, it is promoting discussion. Ofcourse it looked bad after analectus and JH flipped town, but this was just me posting my thoughts and observations and trying to promote discussion


On June 30 2012 10:29 Intact wrote:
I'm going to stand by my read as analectus being scum but I have also become very suspicious of promethelax. People may have been bandwagoning analectus but as soon as he got into lynching territory promethelax show up with a long thread pointing out someone else, thereby making some people switch vote. This causes divisions and tensions among the town which is exactly what the scum want. I lean more towards fencer just playing badly and promethelax trying to save his scum partner analectus.

I really don't see anything suspicious about Promethelax's case against Fencer. I think I'm not alone when I say that he's around the top of the suspects list at the moment. What about Promethelax's analysis of Fencer's play seemed suspicious? This seems like an attempt to just sow dissent without any real logic behind it.


Explanation:
+ Show Spoiler +
As I have explanied earlier, I was really convinced of my read as analectus being scum and thus promethelax coming out with a late post to save him seemed to fit perfectly with what my read was. Later this turned out to be all wrong ofcourse


On June 30 2012 10:48 Intact wrote:
In addition, should we lynch analectus and he turns put to be mafia, it would make it fairly easy to point out the other mafia. And if he turns out to be townie it would be very easy to confirm some townies.

Anacletus was, in fact, one of the good guys. We banned him. By what logic are we now able to confirm some townies? This post is just stupid, and to me it stinks of someone who is playing with the full information that a PBU has, and hasn't thought through the logic of the limited information environment that we town players are in enough to fake logical conclusions that sound like they were made by a townie.


Explanation:
+ Show Spoiler +
Already explained this but my only defence is bad play and posting without thinking it through. It did seem logical to me when I posted


Show nested quote +
Im not claiming he is scum, I'm simply pointing out the observations I've made- And I felt like the ball had to get rolling.


Intact tries to call Myles scum and as soon as I suggest that he commmit to his read he backs off saying that he just felt that he had to get the bandwag- err ball rolling.


+ Show Spoiler +
Again, I'm just trying to get discussion going early on. I realize I was a bit too eager to get a read off and again I'm gonna have to point to my inexperience.


That should cover it for the moment, I'll post my reads shortly after thinking them through, been mostly concerned with defending myself the lasts couple of days.
Intact
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden634 Posts
July 03 2012 20:53 GMT
#529
I've done my best to explain myself, but it seem like you are set to lynch me anyway. Wwll, good luck winning after losing your third townie.

My thoughts are that either BLinD-RawR or Hopeless1der are scum. BLinD-RawR has been posting a lot in order to avoid being labeled a lurker but none of his post actually contribute anything and he frequently jumps on the bandwagon. The case is similar with Hopeless1der.

Analectus was lynched without even trying to defend himself and everyone was annoyed. Now that you are about to misslynch me I've actually tried to defend myself and yet you are about to do the same misstake all over again.
Intact
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden634 Posts
July 03 2012 20:59 GMT
#531
Oh right, I'm a forgetful person

##Vote BLinD-RawR
Intact
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden634 Posts
July 03 2012 21:06 GMT
#538
Seriously guys, you made the exact same misstake 2 times in a row. WHen will you learn. And for the record, eveything I said was true.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 201
ProTech142
BRAT_OK 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17112
Leta 1083
Shuttle 462
Horang2 237
firebathero 131
Trap 131
Zeus 82
Hyun 55
soO 48
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 33
Rock 26
scan(afreeca) 20
Bishop 15
Noble 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
qojqva1644
Dendi1474
420jenkins456
Counter-Strike
fl0m4276
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu387
Other Games
Grubby1485
Beastyqt665
FrodaN633
KnowMe218
Hui .186
Livibee136
QueenE79
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick391
StarCraft 2
angryscii 10
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 51
• printf 36
• Adnapsc2 19
• Hinosc 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach114
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• FirePhoenix17
• Michael_bg 12
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1597
Other Games
• Shiphtur618
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 36m
Patches Events
21h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
OSC
1d 5h
OSC
1d 18h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.