• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:09
CEST 00:09
KST 07:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10808 users

Teamliquid, my family.

Blogs > konadora
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 07 2012 16:10 GMT
#1
Wow, it's already been over a thousand days since I've joined TL. It's been a really long time, and it just flew past so fast. Usually things seem to go by faster when you enjoy it, I guess it's true.

I haven't written a serious blog in a long time, and I think tonight is the time I get to write one more. Tomorrow, in 14 hours, I'm undergoing the mandatory conscription in Singapore. As a second-generation permanent resident of Singapore (parents being the first generation), I have to go through it. I won't be out for some time. I'm just going to miss you guys.

I'll miss bitching about missing BW and its glory days. Thank you all BW fans and writers who put up amazing work in local, foreign and korean BW coverage consistently, getting things done one way or another. Kiante, riptide, flamewheel, plexa, csheep, disciple, kiett, GTR, wax, CA, ]343[, HP, Hyde, Mustaju, 2pac, SirJolt and so many more. I can't possibly name all but thank you guys.

I'll also miss my new BW - Dota 2 and the glorious rage and victories we've endured together, all over teamspeak (with random chats with non-Dota 2 players too!) Kiett, hotbid, torte, kiante, flamewheel, tec, MrHoon, Zeehar, Cube, firebolt, rubdrub, paper, mizu and... maybe missed out one or two. <3 you guys for making my dota games so much more fun than solo queueing, despite our outnumbered loss:win ratio. Also to TheYango, NB and DoNotDisturb, whom I've not played with but had nice conversations on the dota 2 forums here on TL. (Big shoutout to Tobi, though he probably won't see this )

I'll also miss some of the most awesomest people on TL the planet, people like ilikestarcraft (i hope you guys still remember him lol), harem, boesthius and smix. <3

And I'll miss everyone else, no matter how small or big you think your presence may be on TL. You guys complete this community, this family. TL is an amazing community, it's probably the only place where you can organise a huge meeting with strangers united by one passion and just have a great time together. I fulfilled one of my dreams of watching the Proleague grand finals live (and a SKT grand finals no less) with so many TLers (endy, zeehar, scarecrow, atrioc etc! miss you guys!) while I was in Korea. I actually want to blog about my stay in Korea, but I guess that'll have to wait to another time.

So until then, I bid farewell and hope to return once again soon.

I leave with this song, a song by an indie composer going by the name of "Kiss Me Joy". Vocals are done by Kim Ji Min.


+ Show Spoiler +
I wanted to post the lyrics to this song because I think they're really powerful and meaningful. Goes perfectly with the song, but I don't have time for it because I still need to pack for tomorrow. Sorry guys Maybe one day I'll list some of my favourite korean non-kpop songs and post lyrics with them.


Also, I'll leave my stream on for some korean indie groups' music.

http://twitch.tv/konadora

Enjoy your day, ladies and gentlemen.


****
POGGERS
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
May 07 2012 16:13 GMT
#2
glhf kona you were a pillar of the community for a looooong time

drop by when you get a chance, don't be like yakii now!!
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Qbek
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Poland12923 Posts
May 07 2012 16:15 GMT
#3
Dota2 Live Reports won't be the same without you ♥ Already missing you :C
This space left intentionally dank /)3(\ http://i.imgur.com/RmeEUcF.png
fusefuse
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Estonia4644 Posts
May 07 2012 16:20 GMT
#4
good luck and be back soon!
the same fate awaits me in july ;_;
only for 11 months tho
but still D:
Liquipedia@jkursk
jpak
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States5045 Posts
May 07 2012 16:23 GMT
#5
I will miss you, too. Good luck!
CJ Entusman #50! #1 클템 fan TL!
ZoW
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States3983 Posts
May 07 2012 16:23 GMT
#6
you joined 1 month after me and have 10x my post count lol

gl buddy
the courage to be a lazy bum
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
May 07 2012 16:31 GMT
#7
22-24 months NOOOOOO
GulpyBlinkeyes
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1449 Posts
May 07 2012 16:34 GMT
#8
Never knew you personally, but I tuned into more of your BW streams than I can count. Thanks for everything you've done for the community, and good luck!
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
May 07 2012 16:36 GMT
#9
You will be missed, thanks for everything
Good luck Kona <3
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
May 07 2012 16:40 GMT
#10
Ctrl+F OpticalShot
1 of 2

IS THIS PERSONAL REVENGE for not including you in my blog? T_T

Hope the great memories of TL and SCBW and all that's good with eSports will keep you strong during the hard times.
[TLMS] REBOOT
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11602 Posts
May 07 2012 16:43 GMT
#11
omg kona. good luck!
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
May 07 2012 16:45 GMT
#12
: <
Moderator<:3-/-<
kerpal
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom2695 Posts
May 07 2012 16:46 GMT
#13
Good luck! hope you have a good time and make many friends. Come back soon!
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
May 07 2012 16:46 GMT
#14
you're just gonna post during book-out, don't be so dramatic
ironchef
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Canada1350 Posts
May 07 2012 16:46 GMT
#15
gl, stay safe. Thanks for the posts and streams
“Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also.” - Marcus Aurelius
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
May 07 2012 16:48 GMT
#16
Good luck in your future endeavors! Thanks for the translations during the BW era!
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
theBALLS
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Singapore2935 Posts
May 07 2012 16:52 GMT
#17
Blah.

I spent more time online during my 2 years of service compared to any other time of my life.

Don't sweat it
If you lose the stick, you'll always have theBALLS.
See.Blue
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2673 Posts
May 07 2012 16:52 GMT
#18
Good luck buddy. Our paths never really crossed but I've seen you around a lot on the forums. All the best and stay safe, hope to see you back sometime soon.
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
May 07 2012 17:00 GMT
#19
I'll miss seeing you in the Dota2 LR thread.

GL HF
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
ZisforZerg
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States224 Posts
May 07 2012 17:00 GMT
#20
I don't know who you are, or where you've been, but what I do know is that you have a special set of skills, skills you've developed over a lasting career. Skills that make this website glorious for people like me. If you leave now you will be sorely missed, we will miss you, we will think about you, and we will find you.
"I'm too drunk, to taste that chicken."
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O132
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13089
Shuttle 391
White-Ra 260
ZZZero.O 132
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm122
League of Legends
Doublelift5033
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4652
Other Games
summit1g9988
FrodaN2484
Liquid`RaSZi1948
C9.Mang0311
crisheroes291
ToD285
Livibee201
Pyrionflax139
Mew2King54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1016
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 72
• Adnapsc2 35
• musti20045 35
• HeavenSC 19
• Sammyuel 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1594
• Shiphtur676
• WagamamaTV289
Upcoming Events
OSC
51m
Replay Cast
51m
OSC
13h 51m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.