• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:22
CEST 11:22
KST 18:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8302 users

TL Mafia LIV

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
April 24 2012 02:21 GMT
#36
/in
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
April 24 2012 19:00 GMT
#49
Is there a reason I wasn't added?
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
May 02 2012 22:56 GMT
#182
I thought what blubb said was a joke. There is no reason to think it was a sincere comment. If you honestly think this:
On May 03 2012 07:39 johnnywup wrote: It's fairly natural to think "blue, power role" right away if you don't think about Blue vs Red flavor.
is the thought process blubb went through then you should be backing up Matt because blubb was blue fishing.

Your own reasoning makes blubb's actions scummy johnny, yet you attack Matt instead.

##FOS: johnnywup
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
May 02 2012 22:57 GMT
#184
EBWOP: I'm not so sure it was a joke anymore after that response from blubb, hmmmmm.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
May 02 2012 23:00 GMT
#190
Every town role is a blue role. Asking that to someone who just claimed townie in blue lettering just seemed very tongue-in-cheek to me. I'm reconsidering now that I know he was serious.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
May 02 2012 23:08 GMT
#195
On May 03 2012 08:06 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2012 08:04 johnnywup wrote:
On May 03 2012 08:00 DoYouHas wrote:
Every town role is a blue role. Asking that to someone who just claimed townie in blue lettering just seemed very tongue-in-cheek to me. I'm reconsidering now that I know he was serious.



Yeah, but my point is in most games blue=power role. Asking if someones blue, to me, meant asking if he just claimed a power role. It would be strange if someone came into a game without this flavor saying "I'm a townie", would it not?


Indeed, if someone came in and said that in another game, I'd be quite confused. However, if I were a town player in a game where the name my role was BLU Depressed Soldier, I would not be confused at all. That's the point SA and I are making.


This man is making sense.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
May 02 2012 23:26 GMT
#209
slOosh! I want your opinion on things so far. Where did you go? Speak up!

BM, your initial posts rubbed me the wrong way. I can't put my finger on it, but I definitely want to hear more from you.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
May 03 2012 17:47 GMT
#304
Palmar's confrontational and empty 1 liners make it impossible to get a read on him. (anti-town) He is shutting down conversation instead of fostering it. (anti-town) I have no interest in keeping someone around who I won't be able to get a handle on and who I think is hurting the town.

##Vote: Palmar
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
May 03 2012 18:15 GMT
#310
Why are you defending someone who has done absolutely nothing to benefit the town so far? The only posts of substance that Palmar has made so far is this exchange:

On May 04 2012 01:56 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 01:37 SomethingAwesome wrote:
On May 04 2012 01:25 Palmar wrote:
On May 04 2012 01:19 SomethingAwesome wrote:
On May 04 2012 00:34 Palmar wrote:
I want to look useful to the town without knowing what's going on. If I read the thread past Kenpachi's claim that might help.

doesn't want to put effort into game only to get shot n1 and because we don't have a jailer/medic.. read you loud and clear homes


That's a dumb way to play the game.

then why are you doing that

-mattchew

I'm not doing that!

which can hardly be considered of much value. Palmar is a big boy. He can defend himself, and you should let him.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
May 03 2012 18:29 GMT
#313
So my logic is retarded, I must be stupid for proposing it. Please walk me step by step through your issues.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
May 03 2012 18:30 GMT
#314
Oh, and btw. You are defending Palmar by attacking the person going after him. You discredit me and Palmar no longer has a need to respond.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
May 03 2012 18:47 GMT
#317
On May 04 2012 03:42 BlackRaven wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2012 03:30 DoYouHas wrote:
Oh, and btw. You are defending Palmar by attacking the person going after him. You discredit me and Palmar no longer has a need to respond.


This is wrong

- D


How is fitting the definition of a chainsaw defense wrong?
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
May 03 2012 19:28 GMT
#321
How can something be both confrontational and empty? I could just quote everything you say and then say "Nuh-uh". Palmar's posting has essentially been one step above that.

I have never played with Palmar before, but I do know he is a recognized player that people are going to listen to for no other reason than his name. If any unknown player was to post like Palmar has so far he would be tuned out until he starting making real contributions. The fact that Palmar is supposed to be a decent player but shows no interest in contributing is anti-town to me.

As for shutting down conversation instead of promoting it. Marvel and Matt both tried to engage Palmar only to be deflected or belittled by him. It may be true, as you say, that Palmar playing anti-town has gotten me talking. But that is hardly the act of a townie. To intentionally act anti-town in order to draw people to attacking you is something I have only ever seen once before from a townie. It was bad then and got him killed. It is bad now if that is what Palmar is doing.

The one point I will grant you is that I obviously have a read on Palmar (anti-town) or I would not have voted him.

I'm just as guilty of holding Palmar to a different standard as the rest of you. The difference being that while I see some of you excusing him posting crap because of his reputation, I see someone who has the potential to lead the town but is instead acting against the town. That is enough for me to vote him.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
May 04 2012 19:04 GMT
#441
I'm going to move my vote off Palmar as that is clearly not going to get any traction. By no means do I think he is any better off than when I first voted him. In fact, he has a worse standing to me as we are this late in the day.

##Unvote: Palmar



The 2 people I have been looking at as suspicious for a while now are Layabout and Katina.

-Layabout caught my eye with his first post.
On May 03 2012 08:04 layabout wrote:
I just want to warn all of the "area 53" guys that policy lynching is no better an option in this game than it ever was before. I know that a few of you are currently feeling like we should place all lurkers and confusing posters into the fire. But the majority of those players will be town and lynching into them is likely to kill (admittedly useless) townies.

We are going to be polite in this game.

We are going to vote at appropriate times.

We are going to act in town's interest's using methods that are simple and explainable.

And we are going to destroy red.

This post came largely out of nowhere. It seems like a very standard opener, but it had no relevance to the state of the thread at that point. And the addressing the few of us that wanted to put lurkers and confusing lurkers to death is also strange as none of those people had spoken up yet. This post sounded to me like Layabout was not comfortable chiming in on the current situation (attacking/defending blubb's play) and instead made this post which looks pretty standard and safe, but in context is completely out of place. However, even this on top of points others have made is not enough to earn my vote because of Katina.



-Katina I believe I have caught in a lie. When I first read this post it rang a bell for me but it did not connect until I reread it yesterday.
On May 03 2012 08:39 Katina wrote:
Mr. Blazinghand I say this once and once only. I'm not mafia. Point your Blazinghand at someone who actually deserves it.

I was reminded of this TED talk. Start just after the 7minute mark as that is what I am referring to.
    1. Underlined- overly formal showing that he is overly determined in this denial.
    2. Italicized- qualifying language.
    3. Bolded- A 'stop wasting time' statement very similar to Pres. Clinton's in the clip.

That is the core of my case against Katina but there are a few other things worth noting like this post:
On May 03 2012 08:37 Katina wrote:
O.o I think you are grabbing at air here. It's suspicious that he was quick to throw suspicion and blame. Mafia like to shift people's attention onto a person. That's all I was getting at.
This comes right before the above quote. It shows a pretty sudden change in attitude and tone as well as making a claim that does nothing to exonerate him. In this post it is all pronouns, a smilie, a statement designed to mollify BH. ("That's all I was getting at") Then, not 2 minutes later when Katina gears up to deny being scum we get the switch to formal language and a frustrated tone.

He also says this, "Mafia like to shift people's attention onto a person." This is an incredibly generic statement that serves no purpose. It could be said that this is exactly what Katina has done in these posts: (1)(2)(3) Which still does not mean anything because I'm pretty sure I could make a list like that for most the people in this game. So what is the point? To demonstrate that Katina is scumhunting? using a standard that would make virtually all of us guilty?

##Vote: Katina
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
May 04 2012 20:00 GMT
#447
Grush's initial missteps and then claiming scum twice (even if it is sarcastic) makes him a decent lynch.

You all seem to be avoiding having an opinion on the main part of my post.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
May 04 2012 20:05 GMT
#449
On May 05 2012 04:46 layabout wrote:
DoYouHas, how come you didn't notice that you thought that my post was scummy until two other people had literally just called me scum?


I made note of that first post as soon as I read it, but it is hardly convincing by itself. Then I was busy going after Palmar. Other people going after you IS what prompted me to mention my own observation about you, but it is not what brought you to my attention in the first place.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
May 04 2012 21:48 GMT
#520
Is it plurality lynch or majority lynch?
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
May 04 2012 22:12 GMT
#567
Booya, was right about Katina.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
May 05 2012 06:12 GMT
#606
There is no question in my mind that Palmar should be the next one on the chopping block. It is like he is trolling the town, waiting to see just how much he can get away with before we lynch him. His posts are a joke, he has been lurking in spite of being called out numerous times, and he tops it all off with a ninja vote onto a townie bandwagon. Unless something drastic changes, I want Palmar dead tomorrow.
Guts? Determination? $5?
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
May 05 2012 23:41 GMT
#682
I don't believe that laya's hard defense of Katina is condemning. I don't think that it is likely that scum would defend each other so openly, especially when my case (the driving force behind a possible Katina lynch) was not picking up followers except for slOosh.

I should have a new case ready for you guys before I go to sleep tonight. But for now I'm headed out.
Guts? Determination? $5?
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech0
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 404
Horang2 277
Larva 232
EffOrt 161
Mind 77
Hyun 61
scan(afreeca) 43
Killer 40
Bale 39
NotJumperer 39
[ Show more ]
Sharp 27
sorry 25
ggaemo 24
Shinee 18
Hm[arnc] 12
Sacsri 5
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto101
League of Legends
JimRising 422
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1157
edward80
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King105
Other Games
summit1g7875
Coldzera 687
ceh9655
Happy295
crisheroes195
Sick187
dupreeh65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick567
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2279
League of Legends
• Jankos1115
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
38m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 38m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 38m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.