• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:42
CEST 19:42
KST 02:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8847 users

[Winners Interview] KT Rolster vs. SK Telecom T1

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-19 18:43:09
February 19 2012 18:26 GMT
#1
KT Rolster's (P)Wooki: "I beat (P)Bisu, so I'll get MVP, right?"

[image loading]

In a situation where a team is ahead 2-0 and the other team catches up to make the score 2-2, the player that comes out in the 5th set is under great pressure. KT was in the middle of a 2 game losing streak, with a 4 game loss streak (?) against SKT, and because (P)Wooki personally lost all three of his games against SKT, his confidence level had dropped.

But Wooki overcame all challenges and beat (P)Bisu to gift his team the 1st place position. Wooki, for whom this was the most joyous victory since his transfer to KT, confessed, "I'll work hard from now on to keep getting opportunities to play."

Q: You beat Bisu. How do you feel?
My build worked out really well in practice so I thought that I would win no matter what. Whatever my opponent did, it wouldn't matter; I had confidence in my strategy.

Q: It felt like you spent a lot of time preparing this strategy.
A: It is a strategy filled with the "Spirit of the Artisan" (laugh). I really had to think about it a lot (laugh).

Q: You were behind in your head to head record against Bisu.
A: I was really tense because it was a 5th set situation and I had to play against Bisu, who I had a losing record against. My heart was pounding (laugh). But I mind controlled myself to just do it and play.

Q: Have you been satisfied with your results after you transfered to KT?
A: I'm still not really content yet. I haven't gotten sent out that much, and I lost a lot of games I could have won. From now on, I'll need to win all 5 remaining games for me to be satisfied (laugh).

Q: You and Mind were teasing each other. You guys seem pretty close.
A: When we were both still on WeMade, we were awkward around each other, but ever since we transfered to KT, we've gotten much closer (laugh). It seems we should keep our distances (laugh). Also Mind-hyung has gotten more lively since we transfered. I thought I should stop that from happening, so I teased him more (laugh). But today I didn't say anything, so it seems I'll just have to have an escape (laugh).

Q: You don't get to play that much, so when will you be coming out?
A: Because there isn't much time to prepare, I might get the opportunity to play based on the opponent. On broadcast, I seem to do well against Zerg, but in practice, my PvZ isn't all that great, so I tend to only come out on maps where there are many Protoss and Terran. [wait, why chain reaction then? lol]

Q: If you beat Bisu, you have a high chance of becoming MVP.
A: The team was on a 3 game loss-streak and I was on a 3 game loss-streak against SKT, so I was very aware of that. Before the match, I was joking about how people who beat Bisu become MVP, but it seems like that might be me after all (laugh).

Q: Anything else you'd like to say?
A: We regained 1st place and our win differential is pretty crazy. If my teammates can play now with strength and vigor, we'll definitely end the regular season in first place and go straight to the finals.

---

I won't pretend I'm not still miserable, but a big congratulations to Wooki. Good to see the new recruits doing great. Well played, KT, well played. UNTIL NEXT TIME! ^^

As always, please let me know if there are any errors.

Source:
http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=56479
Writer:o
GARO
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2255 Posts
February 19 2012 18:32 GMT
#2
Lol wooki, if hon_sin could be MVP, so can you!
hellbound
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2242 Posts
February 19 2012 18:35 GMT
#3
lol tittle
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-19 18:38:46
February 19 2012 18:37 GMT
#4
the way you translated this feels like you dont like kt. very disrespectful towards KT imo. typical SKT fan


edit: thankyou for translating!


+ Show Spoiler +


lol


+ Show Spoiler [lol] +

masochist!
Writer
4vvhiplash7
Profile Joined December 2010
South Africa392 Posts
February 19 2012 18:49 GMT
#5
Thanks
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
February 19 2012 18:51 GMT
#6
I was watching this online... when Bisu was playing I sent my friend a message "OMG BISU'S IN TROUBLE!!" I feel a bit guilty for linking her to the stream just as he was being crushed. That build by Wookie really caught Bisu completely by surprise.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
February 19 2012 18:57 GMT
#7
yayyy wooki!
Writer
George_the_man
Profile Joined May 2011
796 Posts
February 19 2012 18:58 GMT
#8
yay Kiett translated it :D thanks a lot
i dont think ure getting MVP Wooki u lost to Brave
But im really happy u bit Bisu ... !!
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
February 19 2012 19:00 GMT
#9
On February 20 2012 03:37 Kiante wrote:
the way you translated this feels like you dont like kt. very disrespectful towards KT imo. typical SKT fan

The way you commented feels like you don't like me. Very disrespectful towards me imo. Typical Kiante
Writer:o
Darksoldierr
Profile Joined May 2010
Hungary2013 Posts
February 19 2012 19:27 GMT
#10
[wait, why chain reaction then? lol


Well i would say, it was obvius they will send Bisu out
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
February 19 2012 19:27 GMT
#11
Thanks, Kiett!
kiss kiss fall in love
X10A
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada9837 Posts
February 19 2012 19:27 GMT
#12
Thanks Kiett for the translation <3
Anyone who beats Bisu is + Show Spoiler +
Awesome in my books

MVP material? <3
CJ/T8 Fighting//#1 STX and Bisu anti <3//YES X10A is based off the Freedom Gundam
Vargavaka
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden111 Posts
February 19 2012 19:28 GMT
#13
Thanks for the translation!
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-19 19:31:59
February 19 2012 19:30 GMT
#14
On February 20 2012 04:27 Darksoldierr wrote:
Show nested quote +
[wait, why chain reaction then? lol


Well i would say, it was obvius they will send Bisu out

They played on Electric Circuit in set 5. T/N is referring to the twilight map that gets so many ZvZs, but which Wookie has an impressive PvP record on (I think?). I would say that I'm not really sure why teams keep sending their Zergs on that map tho, since they've been having so much trouble vs P on that map due to a really strong 2 base play they've got. Maybe just to ward off Terrans, I don't know.

edit: no, it's brave that has the impressive record on Chain Reaction... But wookie does get sent out on that map a lot.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Kimoleon
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States210 Posts
February 19 2012 19:30 GMT
#15
Thank you for the translation ^_^.
I require more Pantaji interbiews :<! when he usually wins the team loses and vice versa (ofc when they both win he doesn't get picked rawrr.
#nanashin #once | No Sana No Life | BW Forever ~
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
February 19 2012 19:31 GMT
#16
nice win from wooki the rookie :p

thanks for translation
ace hwaiting!!
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
February 19 2012 19:31 GMT
#17
Wooki played a great game. Congrats and best of luck! Thanks for the translation!
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
February 19 2012 19:40 GMT
#18
On February 20 2012 04:27 Darksoldierr wrote:
Show nested quote +
[wait, why chain reaction then? lol


Well i would say, it was obvius they will send Bisu out

He said he wanted to play P and T and avoid Z. In that case, Jade would definitely be the better map for him. Chain Reaction has pretty much no Terrans and is infested with Zergs.
Writer:o
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
February 19 2012 19:42 GMT
#19
On February 20 2012 03:37 Kiante wrote:
the way you translated this feels like you dont like kt. very disrespectful towards KT imo. typical SKT fan


edit: thankyou for translating!


+ Show Spoiler +


lol


+ Show Spoiler [lol] +

masochist!


there's still SKT fans left?
George_the_man
Profile Joined May 2011
796 Posts
February 19 2012 19:44 GMT
#20
On February 20 2012 04:40 Kiett wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2012 04:27 Darksoldierr wrote:
[wait, why chain reaction then? lol


Well i would say, it was obvius they will send Bisu out

He said he wanted to play P and T and avoid Z. In that case, Jade would definitely be the better map for him. Chain Reaction has pretty much no Terrans and is infested with Zergs.


Mind games
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
Laughngamez YouTube
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 226
ProTech155
BRAT_OK 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15409
Leta 998
Shuttle 615
Horang2 229
firebathero 113
Trap 108
Zeus 77
Hyun 54
soO 47
Bale 41
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 32
Rock 25
scan(afreeca) 18
Bishop 14
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
qojqva2035
420jenkins545
Counter-Strike
fl0m4656
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu442
Other Games
Grubby2611
Beastyqt675
FrodaN640
KnowMe224
Livibee143
QueenE71
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick407
StarCraft 2
angryscii 20
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 53
• 3DClanTV 36
• Adnapsc2 24
• Hinosc 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach92
• FirePhoenix18
• Michael_bg 8
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1625
Other Games
• Shiphtur600
• imaqtpie99
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 18m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 18m
Patches Events
21h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
OSC
1d 5h
OSC
1d 18h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.