• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:05
CEST 01:05
KST 08:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8963 users

[14th Dec] Blizzcup Winners Interviews

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
CP-Jun
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia278 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-14 12:31:43
December 14 2011 12:02 GMT
#1
It is now fully updated. Due to a bad headache, I didn't proof read so please excuse me if there are spelling or grammar errors.


+ Show Spoiler +
MC talks about Naniwa. But please try not to discuss about Naniwa as there are tonnes of other threads


Interview 1

+ Show Spoiler +

oGsMC
[image loading]
Original Article : http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=984994&board=&category=13439&subcategory=&page=1&best=&searchmode=&search=&orderby=&token=

Q : How do you feel about advancing into the semi-finals

Leenock is one of Zerg players that I normally win against so I was confident. This is the first time I played with him in the official match but winning over Leenock on the ladder helped me. But Leenock played very well in the third set so I was panicking but the coach got my mind straight up again.

Q : How would you rate yourself for today's matches?

I have been worrying too much about how I can could handle losing after winning a championship which made me nervous. I had a hard time losing in tournaments unlike my practice games. I played well today. Family members, my girlfriend and the coach cheered me up so I guess they revived me.

Q : So you think your plays are much better in official games now?

To be honest, the only game that I played today that went as I planned was on Taldarim Altar. Other matches did not go according to my plans. When I am able to lead all games as I plan that's when I will be back to my best shape.

Q : I believe that you had more time to prepare for today's match than your opponent

But maps are decided after the opponent is determined so I couldn't practice that much. Had to wake up early on Monday for the Media-day so I was still tired yesterday. However both Lenock and I played today without practising too much so I thought who has better basic mechanics and who thought about matches more would determine the winner.

Q : Aggressive blink into the front was impressive.

When you blink back a damaged stalker, the firing power also decreases. But if you think you can win then blinking to the front will increase the firing power even more. It is very important to take big benefits in the first engagement as they reinforce fast. But on Daybreak, I made a mistake. I thought I would win so I blinked to the front then got all units killed. I think I was bit too excited.

Q : You will play PvZ again in the semi-finals. How do you think about playing against DRG?

Maps will be a strong factor. There are GSL maps where going double nexus is bit difficult. As long as I don't play on these maps as much as possible, I can take him. But if all maps will be randomly chosen to favour Zerg, it would be very tough.

Q : What do you think your chance of winning is?

More important thing is if I can make into the finals. I haven't been into the finals for a very long time. I hope I face MVP in the finals. I want to make the most classical finals in Starcraft 2 history.

Q : You have to immediately play tomorrow. I am wondering how you will practice.

I have been to many overseas tournaments so I am not too worried. Because in overseas tournament, you have to play straight away as soon as your opponent is determined. I will just practice to improvise my weak points.

Q : Anything else that you want to say?

Naniwa played a game yesterday that is not professional. I have heard that he threw away the game because it doesn't benefit himself. I want to lecture him. Pro-gamer as an occupation is not a job where you just play games between other pro players. Corporations sponsor us because the existence of fans make e-sports a product that we are trying to create. But I believe the behaviour from Naniwa yesterday was such a behaviour that betrayed and looked down on the fans. I hope he thinks about what he did and do not play a game like that again.

And I also thank my mum and my girlfriend. The coach is pretty busy lately (but still looked after me) so I thank him. I thank our sponsors Mum's Touch and Corsair.


Interview 2

+ Show Spoiler +

IM_Mvp
[image loading]
Original Article : http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=985105&board=&category=13439&subcategory=&page=1&best=&searchmode=&search=&orderby=&token=

Q : You made into the semi-finals. How do you feel right now?

Polt is one of the Terran champions. I feel happy after winning against the champion. My next match will be against MMA who is another Terran champ, but I want to win all TvTs

Q : I am worried about your stamina. How are you physically?

I can actually feel that I am tired even when I am playing a game. There had been many tournaments consecutively, I am very exhausted.

Q : But you still have a game to play, will you be ok?

Whether I am fine or not, I must play the game tomorrow. I hope I can manage my shape so I can play the game tomorrow with good conditions.

Q : You have over 100 wins on 2011 GSL record.

I knew that I had my 100th win after winning the first match. So I felt so good because I achieved my goal I could play next sets of games well too. The record of having 200th win and 300th win be made but I want to be the first person having 200 wins.

Q : You lost in the third set. What was the reason for that loss?

I had many small mistakes in the overall. I had a timing window when I had an advantage but I wasn't able to use it. I think wanting to win quickly made me lose.

Q : You still seemed bit impatient in the 4th set.

Because I was tired while I was playing the game, I got impatience which I didn't realize. I was aiming for a timing push but that made the game go for longer. I am glad I still won despite how I won. If I want to play better tomorrow I better manage my condition to play calmer.

Q : Games tomorrow has an element of vengeance for GSL Oct.

I have lost to him recently so I don't want to lose again. I want to win so much. Of course getting a revenge would have a meaning itself. Like I said on the Mediaday, I do not want to lose to Terran players who got a position because of me. I want to climb higher than them. I want to win badly.

Q : oGsMC wishes to meet you in the finals.

First of all, MC is on fire so if I play well and get into the finals, there is a possibility that we will meet in the finals. It will be very fun to play against him in the finals and it could be the successful finals. I do hope we meet in the finals.

Q : Anything else that you want to add?

I thank to my team mates who helped me practice (laughs). I also thank our sponsors Steelseries, Coca-Cola and Googims.
SlayerS_Min's Translator I Voluntary translator for the community I Commentator during Min's stream I Own channel coming soon
GoodRamen
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States713 Posts
December 14 2011 12:03 GMT
#2
thanks for the interview!!!
#1 Fantasy Fan!!!!
Parlortricks
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States111 Posts
December 14 2011 12:04 GMT
#3
MC is such a class act. Thanks for the quick translations as always.
Amornthep
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore2605 Posts
December 14 2011 12:04 GMT
#4
Thanks for the quick interviews!
theBALLS
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Singapore2935 Posts
December 14 2011 12:05 GMT
#5
What a baller.

"I want to lecture him."

Love you MC, hope you take blizzcup.
If you lose the stick, you'll always have theBALLS.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 14 2011 12:05 GMT
#6
MC is a boss. I can only agree.
I had a good night of sleep.
Unnamezz
Profile Joined May 2010
Malaysia191 Posts
December 14 2011 12:05 GMT
#7
MC as the President Toss lecturing a protoss player. Classic. MC +1. Thanks CP for translating.
Lazy and Sleepy
Nate.F
Profile Joined April 2011
918 Posts
December 14 2011 12:05 GMT
#8
thanks for the interview
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
December 14 2011 12:05 GMT
#9
I'm rooting for MC to make it to the finals. He's still the Protoss President.
Floobie
Profile Joined February 2011
England296 Posts
December 14 2011 12:06 GMT
#10
Excellent interview, cant wait to read the next one now. Thanks for the very quick thread¬!
Morale
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1010 Posts
December 14 2011 12:07 GMT
#11
GO MC such a baller hope he returns to his former glory!
ReaperX
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Hong Kong1758 Posts
December 14 2011 12:07 GMT
#12
BossToss Hwaiting!
Artosis : Clide. idrA : Shut up.
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
December 14 2011 12:08 GMT
#13
Well deserved, that's why MC is a champion
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
December 14 2011 12:08 GMT
#14
I think this is the best MC has played in many months. A return to form would be encouraging for protoss everywhere.
SilverLeagueElite
Profile Joined April 2010
United States626 Posts
December 14 2011 12:10 GMT
#15
BossToss has spoken.
legaton
Profile Joined December 2010
France1763 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-14 12:12:37
December 14 2011 12:11 GMT
#16
MC is a boss, but i'm starting to think there's an slight misunderstanding on Naniwa's reprehensible attitude. Naniwa's explanation for throwing the fourth match was "it didn"t matter at all". It seems this sentence was interpreted as "it doesn't directly benefit me" (MC version) or as "without more money on the line, i don't care about the games" (Mr. Chae version). Doesn't change the fact he was wrong and i agree with MC, but Naniwa is not greedy, he just acts like a spoiled child with a broken toy.

Also, these were nice games from MC. Stephano said he thought MC was going to go far. I guess he also saw him play in the oGs gaming house even if they didn't train together.
No GG, No Skill - Jaedong <3
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
December 14 2011 12:12 GMT
#17
Would love to see MC take this tournament, a return for the former king.
(Still think MVP will win it though)
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
December 14 2011 12:12 GMT
#18
If MC can make it to the finals he's got a really good shot at taking the tournament, neither MMA or MVP are too strong at TvP, while MC feels very confident about it.
But if DRG makes it to the finals then it'll make it that much easier for MMA/MVP. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
December 14 2011 12:13 GMT
#19
good interview and i like his opinion.
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-14 12:14:37
December 14 2011 12:14 GMT
#20
MC talks about Naniwa. But please try not to discuss about Naniwa as there are tonnes of other threads


On December 14 2011 21:11 legaton wrote:
MC is a boss, but i'm starting to think there's an slight misunderstanding on Naniwa's reprehensible attitude. Naniwa's explanation for throwing the fourth match was "it didn"t matter at all". It seems this sentence was interpreted as "it doesn't directly benefit me" (MC version) or as "without more money on the line, i don't care about the games" (Mr. Chae version). Doesn't change the fact he was wrong and i agree with MC, but Naniwa is not greedy, he just acts like a spoiled child with a broken toy.

Also, these were nice games from MC. Stephano said he thought MC was going to go far. I guess he also saw him play in the oGs gaming house even if they didn't train together.


Think someone missed out on a key line @ OP. I'm getting sick with having like 10 threads at the same time about the same topic.

Edit: And don't respond to this -.-
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O172
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft347
Nina 133
ViBE107
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14845
ZZZero.O 172
firebathero 105
Hyuk 59
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm162
febbydoto100
League of Legends
Doublelift3674
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5480
Other Games
summit1g8510
FrodaN2043
JimRising 402
mouzStarbuck398
KnowMe228
ArmadaUGS121
Mew2King45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1148
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream127
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 95
• musti20045 31
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie687
• Shiphtur216
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 55m
INu's Battles
12h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15h 55m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 55m
Replay Cast
23h 55m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.