• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:23
CEST 12:23
KST 19:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9286 users

Anderson Cooper Accuses Reddit Of Spreading Child

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
thepantysoaker
Profile Joined June 2011
United States54 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 05:21:25
September 30 2011 04:58 GMT
#1
I used to have respect Anderson Cooper but this made me lose it all. He is just trying to make something out of nothing. This video shows Anderson Cooper trying to fear monger people into thinking that reddit is just a place where pedophiles go to look at pictures of child porn. This is borderline slander if you ask me. Watch for yourself:



What do you think? I feel it is just another example of looking for reasons to police the internet and break peoples first amendment rights. i know looks of good friends on reddit and have I demand Cooper apologize!
no off position on the genius switch
Mjolnir
Profile Joined January 2009
912 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 05:03:25
September 30 2011 05:02 GMT
#2

Wasn't there a TL thread about the inappropriate images on Reddit? Some people found many images to be close to child porn, if I recall correctly - and there were a lot of people really unhappy about it.

It could all be media hype but Maybe Mr. Cooper isn't too far off the mark, he's not the only one who has taken issue with it.

Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
September 30 2011 05:02 GMT
#3
Again with the suspicious OP's from thepantysoaker...

I visited /r/starcraft just after getting around within TL. Overall great site
Support your esport!
KimJongChill
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6429 Posts
September 30 2011 05:02 GMT
#4
Spreading child? Now that's no good..
MMA: U realise MMA: Most of my army EgIdra: fuck off MMA: Killed my orbital MMA: LOL MMA: just saying MMA: u werent loss
zakmaa
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada525 Posts
September 30 2011 05:03 GMT
#5
Jailbait is pretty fucked up, in my opinion. I think that he should on another episode show that Reddit isn't only about Jailbait and that it has many other sub forums to it, but I do think that this is merited as Reddit shouldn't be supporting this. No one should. Provocative pictures of teen girls shouldn't be looked upon by adults in my opinion.
TadH
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1846 Posts
September 30 2011 05:04 GMT
#6
Yes there was, it was about the sub forums of reddit. I know the "jailbait" section actually was closed down for a while, it was a big deal over there. I am unsure of the reasoning behind it, as it's technically perfectly legal, as long as the pictures are non nude. Not saying I agree with it, but fear mongering is wrong.

Fuck Anderson Cooper.
NathanSC
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States620 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 05:05:06
September 30 2011 05:04 GMT
#7
Why so many terrible threads?

I'm not watching a video if you don't give me a description of what it includes and why I should watch it. Please add content to the OP.
TadH
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1846 Posts
September 30 2011 05:08 GMT
#8
On September 30 2011 14:03 zakmaa wrote:
Jailbait is pretty fucked up, in my opinion. I think that he should on another episode show that Reddit isn't only about Jailbait and that it has many other sub forums to it, but I do think that this is merited as Reddit shouldn't be supporting this. No one should. Provocative pictures of teen girls shouldn't be looked upon by adults in my opinion.



I've seen the jailbait sub reddit and most of the pics are self shots, the girls taking pics of themselves and posting them online. Who gives a shit? They obviously want the attention. And reddit serves that purpose. AFAIK the legal age of consent in Canada is 14 (correct me if I'm wrong) so to me, seeing a picture of a 14 year old girl with her ass in the air in a bikini does nothing for me. I think these girls are old enough to know what they're doing and know what emotions or reactions they're trying to get out of people. And for the most part it works.
TadH
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1846 Posts
September 30 2011 05:09 GMT
#9
On September 30 2011 14:04 NathanSC wrote:
Why so many terrible threads?

I'm not watching a video if you don't give me a description of what it includes and why I should watch it. Please add content to the OP.



Take a step back, stop back seat moderating and contribute to the OP next time. Then, maybe you wouldn't be helping to turn it into a shitty thread.
naggerNZ
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand708 Posts
September 30 2011 05:12 GMT
#10
As long as reddit has the Jailbait subreddit I'll never be able to take the site as a serious community site. Considering that even the Starcraft subreddit is 95% lame image macros and terrible comics, it's not a site which anyone should take at face value.

Trying to act all offended on behalf of Reddit users over something that is most likely true is just pathetic. Demanding an apology is even worse.
Yergidy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2107 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 05:13:28
September 30 2011 05:13 GMT
#11
They should just give girls under 18 black boxes to put over their bikinis while there at the beach cuz someone over 18 could be looking at them.
One bright day in the middle of the night, Two dead boys got up to fight; Back to back they faced each other, Drew their swords and shot each other.
darkscream
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada2310 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 05:19:47
September 30 2011 05:15 GMT
#12
Jailbait reddit is totally legit. I don't like it, but there's nothing illegal about it. Anderson Pooper is just looking for reasons to police the internet though, he's a super shill. He has a clear agenda.

Oh and yeah, the age of consent in Canada is 14. It's low in a lot of countries, the USA laws are just archaic as fuck on age of majority issues. Nobody really thinks much about sleeping with a girl under 18 here provided the age difference isn't huge. Now, that's not to say we go around "hunting for little girls", but we are just mammals and this is what mammals do -- the girls themselves included. The whole idea that sex doesn't exist until you turn 18 is retarded.




edit: oh great, post 500 about underage girls. Oh well.
necrOtix
Profile Joined August 2011
81 Posts
September 30 2011 05:17 GMT
#13
I understand both points of view, lots of people in that section of reddit defend themselves say they aren't seeing anything worse than girls at the beach

But do you fucking masturbate to underage girls at the beach? I have no sympathy in this regard. Any attempts to justify it in that way are just stupid. I even bet that stuff past the point of "what you see at the beach" like nudity or softcore porn get's posted which is just sick. You just can't justify it when it's in the "NSFW" section where people to go FAP.

It just simple promotes sexual attraction of underage girls, which isn't healthy and should indeed be looked down upon. I hope that subreddit get's removed.

Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
September 30 2011 05:20 GMT
#14
On September 30 2011 14:08 TadH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 30 2011 14:03 zakmaa wrote:
Jailbait is pretty fucked up, in my opinion. I think that he should on another episode show that Reddit isn't only about Jailbait and that it has many other sub forums to it, but I do think that this is merited as Reddit shouldn't be supporting this. No one should. Provocative pictures of teen girls shouldn't be looked upon by adults in my opinion.



I've seen the jailbait sub reddit and most of the pics are self shots, the girls taking pics of themselves and posting them online. Who gives a shit? They obviously want the attention. And reddit serves that purpose. AFAIK the legal age of consent in Canada is 14 (correct me if I'm wrong) so to me, seeing a picture of a 14 year old girl with her ass in the air in a bikini does nothing for me. I think these girls are old enough to know what they're doing and know what emotions or reactions they're trying to get out of people. And for the most part it works.



I agree with this post. Fuck, right now manila has problems with 12 to 16 year old gangbangers who either beat up or steal stuff from people twice their age. Seems like the organized crime is exploiting under age teens.

not to derail, I'm against pedo shit, but if it's consensual well whatever. It's their problem not mine..
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
TadH
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1846 Posts
September 30 2011 05:21 GMT
#15
On September 30 2011 14:17 necrOtix wrote:
I understand both points of view, lots of people in that section of reddit defend themselves say they aren't seeing anything worse than girls at the beach

But do you fucking masturbate to underage girls at the beach? I have no sympathy in this regard. Any attempts to justify it in that way are just stupid. I even bet that stuff past the point of "what you see at the beach" like nudity or softcore porn get's posted which is just sick. You just can't justify it when it's in the "NSFW" section where people to go FAP.

It just simple promotes sexual attraction of underage girls, which isn't healthy and should indeed be looked down upon. I hope that subreddit get's removed.




I agree with you.

However, these girls are sexualizing themselves and some people just share it. There is nothing wrong with that, per se.
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5714 Posts
September 30 2011 05:24 GMT
#16
On September 30 2011 13:58 thepantysoaker wrote:
I used to have respect Anderson Cooper but this made me lose it all. He is just trying to make something out of nothing. This video shows Anderson Cooper trying to fear monger people into thinking that reddit is just a place where pedophiles go to look at pictures of child porn. This is borderline slander if you ask me. Watch for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GimbrACh-Yw&feature=player_embedded#!

What do you think? I feel it is just another example of looking for reasons to police the internet and break peoples first amendment rights. i know looks of good friends on reddit and have I demand Cooper apologize!


Ya I saw it on TV. Was kinda surprised he was offended so much seeing as nothing is illegal. Everyone is fully clothed and it's mostly self pics the girls took. Anyway I'd like to see his reaction to what 4chan does.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
Alay
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States660 Posts
September 30 2011 05:25 GMT
#17
Some people are just attracted to teenagers. *shrug* different strokes.

As long as there's no abuse (readas: CP) who care? A lot of teenagers take pictures of themselves in... less than formal wear, and post it on the internet. If someone "faps" to a photo then that's their thing lol.

I highly doubt a moderated site like Reddit would allow any CP to stay up for any length of time, and I'm sure they track IPs and whatnot in those cases.
ene13
Profile Joined February 2011
50 Posts
September 30 2011 05:27 GMT
#18
O man, I completely forgot its 14 here in C to the anada. Dayum, I've been missing out!

pfff underage? I remember in grade 7 girls were grown as fuck. Some had breasts bigger than my moms. everyday I would get a boner so big I would have to jerk off in a sock in the boys washroom just to relieve the tension.

I think the optimal age for sex/marriage is 14. They'll never be more attractive anyways...

God bless Canada.



Tippecanoe
Profile Joined May 2011
United States342 Posts
September 30 2011 05:28 GMT
#19
On September 30 2011 14:17 necrOtix wrote:
I understand both points of view, lots of people in that section of reddit defend themselves say they aren't seeing anything worse than girls at the beach

But do you fucking masturbate to underage girls at the beach? I have no sympathy in this regard. Any attempts to justify it in that way are just stupid. I even bet that stuff past the point of "what you see at the beach" like nudity or softcore porn get's posted which is just sick. You just can't justify it when it's in the "NSFW" section where people to go FAP.

It just simple promotes sexual attraction of underage girls, which isn't healthy and should indeed be looked down upon. I hope that subreddit get's removed.




Personally i don't find child pornography attractive at all or even jailbait, but your point of view is subjective.

Who is to say that they are sick just because that is how you were raised knowing that to you this kind of stuff is sick.

Some countries age of consent is 14 and in more 'developed' countries like India there are arranged marriages at ages as low as 12.

Like i said i don't find child porn or jailbait attractive at all, but people are people no point in looking down on them especially when they are not hurting anybody.


inb4 you are an insensitive human being and you should rot in hell.


darkscream
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada2310 Posts
September 30 2011 05:32 GMT
#20
Honestly, some of the puritans in this thread... Nature picks a time for people to be interested in sex. That time is puberty -- You get there and it suddenly becomes reality for you. This whole idea of some magic line you cross at age 18 (or any age) is a real problem.. the government has no place in regulating the mating behaviours of people.

Children should be protected, absolutely. Teenagers aren't children. In years past, even in north america, you were a man at 15 and you went to war. Young women were wed at similar ages - usually after their first period.

A few select countries around the world decided at some point to legally define being an adult at age 18, and then somehow sexual relations became restricted to only adults.

Now, I respect everybody's point of view but sexual desire for another human who has completed puberty is not sick. It's instinct. The only way it's wrong is if someone forces the act on another, and I think we can all agree that it doesn't matter what age you are if that happens.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM438
IndyStarCraft 49
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 438
Lowko216
IndyStarCraft 49
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 4279
Stork 2476
Horang2 433
Soulkey 359
Jaedong 332
Zeus 287
Larva 263
Soma 228
Mini 220
BeSt 186
[ Show more ]
sorry 98
Mind 72
Pusan 65
Last 60
Hyun 60
ZerO 53
Sexy 50
soO 32
Shinee 30
scan(afreeca) 26
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
Dota 2
XcaliburYe311
canceldota56
League of Legends
JimRising 435
Other Games
gofns37259
singsing1990
Coldzera 704
Happy329
byalli236
Pyrionflax206
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV219
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 28
• StrangeGG 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV284
• lizZardDota2233
League of Legends
• Jankos3463
Upcoming Events
Online Event
1h 37m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 37m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 37m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 37m
Patches Events
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.