• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:30
CEST 23:30
KST 06:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)50Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8570 users

Jin Air Star League Finals Meetup, Seoul

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
syst
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
United States247 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 06:57:50
September 12 2011 19:30 GMT
#1
Editting in the much better OP from the other thread by FuRong:


With a lot of TLers leaving Seoul recently, I guess it's up to me to make this thread.

The Jinair OSL finals are on this Saturday, to be held in an outdoor plaza at the Seoul War Memorial Museum. Here are the details:

Place: Seoul War Memorial Peace Square
Date: Saturday 17th September
Time: 6pm KST
Cost: Free, obv
Who's playing: (P)JangBi vs (T)Fantasy

How to get there: The closest subway station is Samgakji (삼각지역) Exit #12, which is a transfer station between lines 4 and 6.

The plan: Depending on levels of interest, we could meet earlier for lunch and then head over to the venue, or just meet directly at Samgakji. Since it starts at 6pm, and there will probably be a large crowd, I think we should aim to be there by about 4pm. Of course, if others have better ideas then I'm open to suggestions.

Why you should come: Because it's (P)JangBi choking and losing another game playing in the fucking OSL FINALS. Also, the novelty of watching a terrorist get raped at a war memorial is sure to provide plenty of amusement for everyone except SKT fans. But wait, there's more! You have the chance to get on TV, and you get a lot of free stuff just for turning up. Just ask ggggbabybabybaby. And of course, you wouldn't want to hurt ESPORTS by being in Seoul and not coming, right? Right?
jeremycarr
Profile Joined September 2011
2 Posts
September 14 2011 09:39 GMT
#2
Hi! I'm going to be visiting Korea from 9/14 to 9/19, and I would LOVE to go see the star league finals game. I don't speak Korean, but I found this thread that was helpful:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=80483
Do you know which arena it will be at? And when the game starts? Hopefully we'll get the chance to meetup!
mizU
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States12125 Posts
September 14 2011 09:58 GMT
#3
It's in Ulsan? T.T
if happy ever afters did exist <3 @watamizu_
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51694 Posts
September 14 2011 10:04 GMT
#4
its at the war memorial in yongsan I don't know where you get ulsan from that
Commentator
OopsOopsBaby
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Singapore3425 Posts
September 14 2011 10:05 GMT
#5
take the seoul metro to samgakji then walk there. ezpz.
s3x2-2 xiao3x2+2 bone3+2+2
syst
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
United States247 Posts
September 14 2011 12:08 GMT
#6
I'm going to Seoul (where the finals is) FROM Ulsan (where I currently am). I never claimed the finals were in Seoul, sillies. Thanks for the metro info, I'll use that.
mizU
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States12125 Posts
September 14 2011 14:32 GMT
#7
FML I thought the finals were in Ulsan... that would be kinda dumb.
if happy ever afters did exist <3 @watamizu_
SkimGuy
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada709 Posts
September 14 2011 14:51 GMT
#8
I won't be able to make it but JangBang fighting!
only.her0
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Singapore78 Posts
September 14 2011 16:37 GMT
#9
I'll be in Seoul from late Friday night till Sunday night. I'd like to meet up with other TL people before the final, I'm staying a few blocks away.

There's two threads, in the other one Furong suggested all the TL people meet for lunch before the final. The war memorial seems like a cool place to check out in general (planes, tanks and other stuff) before the final.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=265463
[s] cuteangels [/s] CuteBOys no.1 fan
FuRong
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand3089 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 12:30:54
September 15 2011 04:36 GMT
#10
Yeah, I didn't realise there was already a thread made for this. I guess we can just use this one.

So it seems like people interested in going are:

Me (FuRong)
only.her0
syst
jeremycarr
tenacity (from the other thread)
Blue[SKA]
Tomred87

Any other interested parties?
Don't hate the player, hate the game
syst
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
United States247 Posts
September 15 2011 07:03 GMT
#11
I'm certainly down for lunch. I'm going to need some co-teacher help with buying my train ticket for the morning of Sat, then getting to the area. Also gotta find some kind of hotel/motel/hostel, still looking for recommendations if anyone knows any.
FuRong
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand3089 Posts
September 15 2011 08:32 GMT
#12
On September 15 2011 16:03 syst wrote:
I'm certainly down for lunch. I'm going to need some co-teacher help with buying my train ticket for the morning of Sat, then getting to the area. Also gotta find some kind of hotel/motel/hostel, still looking for recommendations if anyone knows any.


Hostelworld.com is good if you wanna find a cheap hostel in Seoul, I've used it several times before.
Don't hate the player, hate the game
only.her0
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Singapore78 Posts
September 15 2011 08:49 GMT
#13
On September 15 2011 16:03 syst wrote:
I'm certainly down for lunch. I'm going to need some co-teacher help with buying my train ticket for the morning of Sat, then getting to the area. Also gotta find some kind of hotel/motel/hostel, still looking for recommendations if anyone knows any.


I'm staying here friday and saturday nights, really close to the war memorial

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/ISK-Guest-House/Seoul/46605#availability

Still available now
[s] cuteangels [/s] CuteBOys no.1 fan
BluE[SKA]
Profile Joined September 2006
United States35 Posts
September 15 2011 11:04 GMT
#14
I'm going for sure. what is the plan for this?
I plan on being in Seoul around 12pm
For anyone watching their money and do not mind jjimjilbangs theres a good one at yongsan.
w00t
only.her0
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Singapore78 Posts
September 15 2011 11:43 GMT
#15
haha whats a jjimjilbangs? google search says bathhouse..I assume it's like a hawker center?

i think the plan is:

lunch somewhere near war memorial -> war memorial (to register?) -> check out the exibits while waiting for the final -> bask in psi storm goodness
[s] cuteangels [/s] CuteBOys no.1 fan
jeremycarr
Profile Joined September 2011
2 Posts
September 15 2011 11:59 GMT
#16
Ok great! Looking forward to meeting everybody! Why don't we choose a time and place to meet for lunch, and then we can all head over to the arena together afterwards? Meet at samgakji gate 1 at 1pm?
Tomred87
Profile Joined June 2009
United States46 Posts
September 15 2011 12:01 GMT
#17
Where do you guys plan on meeting up? I'm very interested in joining you guys.
only.her0
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Singapore78 Posts
September 15 2011 12:17 GMT
#18
samgakji gate sounds good
[s] cuteangels [/s] CuteBOys no.1 fan
FuRong
Profile Joined April 2010
New Zealand3089 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 12:36:14
September 15 2011 12:25 GMT
#19
@only.her0: lol, a jjimjilbang is about as far from a hawker centre as you can get. It's like a public bath where you can stay overnight for a relatively cheap price. I dunno if there will be enough time to go to the museum, but it sounds like you're really interested in it. I've been there before and it's definitely worth checking out, but I dunno if everyone will want to go on that day. Also, I've been to the hostel where you are staying before, it's a nice place and the owners are cool.

@jeremy: that sounds good

@Tomred: Did you come to the Zero vs Flash MSL finals? Your name looks familiar.
Don't hate the player, hate the game
only.her0
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Singapore78 Posts
September 15 2011 12:37 GMT
#20
Oh i see..just glanced at the wiki article. Looked like the museum was open access on google maps, I don't mind not going.

I'd prefer to hang out before the event anyway, we can chill and think of some funny signs to make lol
[s] cuteangels [/s] CuteBOys no.1 fan
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 143
ProTech122
Nina 103
SpeCial 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13199
Bale 12
League of Legends
Doublelift3082
JimRising 330
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4819
Khaldor1401
Liquid`Hasu759
Other Games
summit1g6767
fl0m828
shahzam512
ToD188
FrodaN159
KnowMe131
ArmadaUGS128
Mew2King57
JuggernautJason56
NeuroSwarm45
ViBE34
PPMD12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen113
Other Games
• imaqtpie856
• Shiphtur164
• Scarra5
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 30m
Stellar Fest
15h 30m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.