• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:47
CEST 01:47
KST 08:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9163 users

[Interview] Up and Down Day 3 Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Lixler
Profile Joined March 2010
United States265 Posts
September 08 2011 23:37 GMT
#1
Taeja

[image loading]
Source = http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=767153&category=13439

Q: How are you feeling?
I'm really really happy (laughs). It hasn't yet hit me that I've gotten into Code S (laughs).

Q: Recently, it seems like you're on an upswing. Were you confident that you would succeed in the Up and Downs?

A: I wasn't confident, because I had a stuffy nose over the weekend that was giving me a lot of trouble. I couldn't practice much. But I thought the group I had been placed in would be good for me, so I didn't lose hope.

Q: Your result was 3 wins and 1 loss. Are you satisfied?
A: Not really. I thought I could go 4-0. I thought if I could play a management game with Tester I could win, but I went too far after defending his aggression and didn't do well.

Q: You were defeated helplessly in the Code A Round of 4.
A: Oh well. I couldn't practice a lot for the match, so naturally that was the result. It was a teamkill, so that's why not practicing wasn't being overly self-confident.

Q: Which game was hardest?
A: The game against JYP was hardest. He did a lot of early damage so I kept trying to attack to end it, but the attacks didn't work. My unknown third allowed me to be dangerous.

Q: Slayers now has four Terrans in Code S.
A: This is thanks to Gayeon, Boxer, and coach Ryu Won. They give us a lot of help. It seems like our team's Terrans are getting handsome. (laughs). [T/N no idea what that last sentence means]

Q: What would you like to happen in group selection next season?
A: I haven't really thought about it. The final player to be picked usually has bad luck, and the first person to be picked seems easy, so players who are doing well pick him. So I'd like to be selected around the middle. Mainly I just want to stay in Code S (laughs).

Q: Slayers has 6 players in Code S. It seems you will have a lot of synergy.
A: That's what I'm expecting. I think we will show good results.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: I most want to thank SlayersLots for his help. Also, MVP's Yo Soo Ah [T/N not sure who this is], oGsJ, ZenexHack, and SlayersPuzzle helped a lot. Finally, I want to thank Gayeon, Boxer, and coach Ryu Won, who are always generous with advice. Also, everyone on Nos Clan is always cheering me on, so I want to thank them.



Marineking

[image loading]
Source = http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=767272&category=13439


Q: You have returned to Code S. How do you feel?
A: I've come back after one season of resting, so I am ambitious to get better.

Q: Your return was very difficult.
A: Because I stayed in Code S, I didn't know Code A and the Up and Downs could be this hard. I just now learned it. I think I was lacking. Everything feels different.

Q: You lost 3:4 in the Code A finals. Is that regrettable?
A: Because I was driven into a corner at 1:3 it was very difficult. But still it went also the way to the seventh set, so I figured that was a good situation for me. Of course, after that it got worse. But still, it's not like the Runner-up doesn't get a chance to get promoted, so it wasn't too bad.

Q: You started out going 0:2. Did you get discouraged?
A: In the first game, my condition wasn't good and my hands were tense. Truthfully, in the second game I felt confident but I lost to a strategy that I didn't think would happen. I thought “You're going to be in Code A again.” It felt like I encountered hell.

Q: When it went to the rematches, what were you thinking?
A: At 2:2 I thought I couldn't advance, but it seems that luck was on my side. I got really lucky. I was really glad. I felt as happy as when I got to the Code S finals (laughs). But on the other hand, having to knock out players I respect and like was regrettable.

Q: Your opponents were all Protoss in the rematches.
A: In broadcasts, I'm weak against Terran and my record against other races isn't bad. Facing Protoss in accordance with my personal preference was a relief. I thought this was my chance to advance.

Q: It seems like the Marine King hasn't regained his force. What do you think?
A: I have a lot of different thoughts about today's matches. The games didn't go well and I wasn't happy. I reflected a lot. I'm sorry that I keep showing bad performance in games. I have resolved to definitely make a comeback. I will practice hard like a new person and the Marine King will get back his force.

Q: MVP, who you are often struggling to beat, also had to go to Code A once.
A: I respect MVP the most of all players. He slumped and fell to Code A, but I believed he would immediately recover. He is the greatest player. Naturally, I want to become like that. I will work hard to become as good as he is and go to the Code S finals.

Q: What's your goal [for the next season]?
A: I still haven't gotten a chance to go to the United States. I heard this time the finals are being held at Blizzcon. I'm very eager. I definitely want to take a plane to the U.S.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: I want to thank IMLosira and IMMVP for helping me practice. Before the games I promised with TSL_JYP that we would both advance together, but it's really a shame. I will train hard for Code S in the stead of JYP and Tester.

Q: Last question. Do you think MVP can win Code S this season?
A: I think he will win. oGsTop is good but MVP's presence in the strongest. He's really good.

+ Show Spoiler [Some other interviews] +

Up and Downs Day 2 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=263453
Code S Semis - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=262872
Code S Ro8 - Day 1 http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=261000
Day 2 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=261612
GoodRamen
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States713 Posts
September 08 2011 23:41 GMT
#2
gooo taeja!
#1 Fantasy Fan!!!!
kineticSYN
Profile Joined May 2011
United States909 Posts
September 08 2011 23:45 GMT
#3
damn was expecting a bit more from the MKP interview, but it ended up being a bit mild.

nice practice partners ;D
IMMvp #1 :)
Kh0nsu
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom183 Posts
September 08 2011 23:56 GMT
#4
Taeja is a professional video game player and he can't practice much with a stuffy nose. Am I getting trolled?

2 more Terrans with mediocre play in the GSL, very disappointed we can't see JYP or Violet in Code S : /

Wow that sounded bitchy and miserable :S
Wunder
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2950 Posts
September 08 2011 23:57 GMT
#5
>< MKP so cute. I really like his attitude and resolve to get stronger - it's quite admirable.
Writer@joonjoewong
castled
Profile Joined March 2011
United States322 Posts
September 08 2011 23:58 GMT
#6
On September 09 2011 08:45 kineticSYN wrote:
damn was expecting a bit more from the MKP interview, but it ended up being a bit mild.


I thought

“You're going to be in Code A again.” It felt like I encountered hell.


was pretty good
ch33psh33p
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
7650 Posts
September 09 2011 00:00 GMT
#7
MKP knows whats up.

MVP is the greatest player.
secret - never again
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
September 09 2011 00:00 GMT
#8
thanks for the interview
Micket
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2163 Posts
September 09 2011 00:01 GMT
#9
Practicing with MVP must be really fun.
Linwelin
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland7554 Posts
September 09 2011 00:04 GMT
#10
Practicing with Losira and MVP must be good
Fuck Razor and Death Prophet
skatbone
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1005 Posts
September 09 2011 00:05 GMT
#11
"Q: Which game was hardest?
A: The game against JYP was hardest. He did a lot of early damage so I kept trying to attack to end it, but the attacks didn't work. My unknown third allowed me to be dangerous."

That was a sick game and, while I was pulling for JYP (great harassment!), I was impressed with Taeja's play. His marauders were so over-stimed and over-stormed.

I enjoy this translation: "My unknown third allowed me to be dangerous."

I'll lament the losing of the toss.
Mercurial#1193
Angelbelow
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3728 Posts
September 09 2011 00:07 GMT
#12
Luck was really on his side. Went to sleep after he lost his first 2, was definitely expecting the worse but glad to see he pulled out. And its definitely not an exaggeration when they say that slayers have some strong terrans.
You may delay, but time will not. Current Music obsession: Opeth
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
September 09 2011 00:09 GMT
#13
Q: You were defeated helplessly in the Code A Round of 4.
A: Oh well. I couldn't practice a lot for the match, so naturally that was the result. It was a teamkill, so that's why not practicing wasn't being overly self-confident.

Oh, Taeja. Glad to know that's not keeping you down.

Man, MKP thinks Code A is hell, and he's never had to go through the Code A qualifiers yet!

Congrats to these two for making it through!
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 00:21:17
September 09 2011 00:19 GMT
#14
Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: I want to thank IMLosira and IMMVP for helping me practice. Before the games I promised with TSL_JYP that we would both advance together, but it's really a shame. I will train hard for Code S in the stead of JYP and Tester.


Promise JYP they'll both advance together...proceed to all in him twice ¬__¬

*still bitter*

Taeja is awesome, very solid Terran addition to Code S, one who I can see sticking around even when the race balance evens back out again.
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
September 09 2011 00:27 GMT
#15
No mention about how he got 2nd place in Up/Down too?

How many 2nds is that now?
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 00:33:05
September 09 2011 00:30 GMT
#16
On September 09 2011 08:56 Kh0nsu wrote:
Violet in Code S : /



Haha violet? He's one of the worst zergs to ever grace gsl. So glad he got knocked down to code a.

So happy violet,kyrix and trickster got knocked down. Now just waiting for killer and ensnare to join them as those 5 represented the worst code s players.

Delighted mkp is back in code s! Just didn't seem right for that major nerd baller to be toiling in code a.
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
cablesc
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1540 Posts
September 09 2011 00:32 GMT
#17
On September 09 2011 09:19 Asha` wrote:
Show nested quote +
Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: I want to thank IMLosira and IMMVP for helping me practice. Before the games I promised with TSL_JYP that we would both advance together, but it's really a shame. I will train hard for Code S in the stead of JYP and Tester.


Promise JYP they'll both advance together...proceed to all in him twice ¬__¬

*still bitter*

Taeja is awesome, very solid Terran addition to Code S, one who I can see sticking around even when the race balance evens back out again.


Agree on Taeja. He's just very solid in all matchups and can win macro games vs toss.
Slayers Forever! Rip. :( - Not the eSports organizer, that's CableStarcraft.
WightyCity
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada887 Posts
September 09 2011 00:34 GMT
#18
way to go mkp
90% watching it 8% talking about it and 2% playing it - sc2
iyoume
Profile Joined May 2011
2501 Posts
September 09 2011 00:35 GMT
#19
A: I still haven't gotten a chance to go to the United States. I heard this time the finals are being held at Blizzcon. I'm very eager. I definitely want to take a plane to the U.S.


MKP <3 come to the states please!
BeSt <3 | HoeJJa | Leta :: team Polt
GreyKnight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4720 Posts
September 09 2011 00:36 GMT
#20
On September 09 2011 09:30 Canucklehead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 09 2011 08:56 Kh0nsu wrote:
Violet in Code S : /



Haha violet? He's one of the worst zergs to ever grace gsl. So glad he got knocked down to code a.

So happy violet,kyrix and trickster got knocked down. Now just waiting for killer and ensnare to join them as those 5 represented the worst code s players.

Delighted mkp is back in code s! Just didn't seem right for that major nerd baller to be toiling in code a.


Talking about bad code s players yet pleased with mkp in code s despite his lousy play as of late.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft177
ViBE143
CosmosSc2 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 819
Shuttle 576
Artosis 571
910 25
Dota 2
monkeys_forever656
Counter-Strike
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox261
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5435
Other Games
summit1g7936
shahzam597
JimRising 503
C9.Mang0260
ArmadaUGS88
Maynarde72
Trikslyr49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick773
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream153
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 117
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen166
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
13m
PiGStarcraft177
Kung Fu Cup
11h 13m
Stellar Fest
13h 13m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.