• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:28
CEST 16:28
KST 23:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8902 users

TL Seoul meetup OSL Ro8 d2 + STX finals

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Thorin
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
601 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 12:30:28
August 25 2011 06:45 GMT
#1
Hey there guys,
I'm in Seoul this week on vacation so I want to catch some live Brood War and since the last time I organised a meetup went splendidly I figured it would be a good idea to put out the word to some likeminded people again.

My basic plan right now is to attend the OSL Ro8 day 2 and/or the STX Cup Masters final. Info for both below. EDIT: I am only going to the STX match now

What and when

OSL Round of 8 Day 2
Friday 26th August
19:30 KST
OGN Stadium (Yongsan)

(T)Fantasy vs. (Z)Hyuk
(Z)Hydra vs. (Z)Modesty
(P)SoO vs. Killer
(P)JangBi vs. (T)Flash.

2011 STX Cup Masters Final
Saturday 27th August
17:00 KST
Changwon Gymnasium (apparently)

SKT vs. OZ

How to get there

You can find out how to get the OGN stadium via this excellent guide.

How to meetup

Based on the above guide I think the easiest way is for us to meetup for the OSL is to be outside the entrance to the ipark mall shown in the photo. Since the scheduled start time is 19:30 I think 17:30 is a reasonable enough time, with say 30 minutes for people to get there who are running a little late.

For the STX cup I don't know about the venue at all so perhaps someone kind and helpful will offer some advice for that in this thread.

Who is going?
Thorin (only going to STX masters cup final)

I will add more names as people say they can attend via the thread.

Whoever wants to go is welcome to join me/us. Just say in this thread and also either leave your cell phone # here or PM it to me, if you don't feel comfortable having it as public knowledge, and we'll make sure everyone has a chance to meetup. I'm very likely gonna go to get some Korean BBQ/soju after the games so anyone who wants to come along for that too is welcome.

Let's go watch (T)Flash, (P)Bisu and (Z)Jaedong play some BW :D
Tomred87
Profile Joined June 2009
United States46 Posts
August 25 2011 09:11 GMT
#2
Gah, as badly as I want to go to the OSL ro8, I gotta work so that's definitely a no go for me. As for the STX Cup finals, I have a wedding to attend so I'll see if I can make it afterwards. Give me your # Thorin, so if I can make it on Saturday, I can call you and I can join you guys.
Thorin
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
601 Posts
August 25 2011 12:30 GMT
#3
Ok, so it turns out I'm only going to the STX match on Saturday since I have something to do on Friday.
RunningInSquares
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States215 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-25 16:50:26
August 25 2011 16:48 GMT
#4
Thank you for posting this! I am in Seoul for the Semester and all my Starcraft playing friends are uninterested in BroodWar. Too bad to hear you aren't going to the OSL, but I also plan on going to the STX Finals. I'm at Yonsei University (close to Sincheon station). Want to meet up before or at the event? I currently don't know how to get there, but I'll check the map you posted.

Edit: Oh it's in the OGN studios? I actually do know how to get there, it's pretty easy. Also, I don't have a phone yet, but I will PM you as soon as I do acquire one which hopefully will be today in the afternoon.
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
August 25 2011 16:59 GMT
#5
Changwon is quite far from Seoul, it's in South Gyeongsang province. You have to take the KTX or express bus there.
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
vulnerate
Profile Joined August 2011
United States4 Posts
August 26 2011 12:55 GMT
#6
Seattle guy here. Didn't expect to see you back so soon. I really don't know why I went through the trouble of creating an account just to tell you that the STX finals are (all the) way south and I won't be attending. But in any case, have a great time here in Korea. I'll keep an eye out for your tall goofy whiteness on the television tomorrow.

p.s. you're a week late! should have come through for the proleague finals! ggggbabybabybaby left Korea literally the next day and DarthThienAn repatriated too just a couple days later. Now that you came prematurely (pun intended), who is supposed to keep me and FuRong company at the OSL finals?
but brood war makes you better at arithmetic! you get your multiples of 8 down pretty good.
Moletrap
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1297 Posts
August 26 2011 13:26 GMT
#7
STX finals is all the way down near Pusan or I'd be going...
aka Moletrap
RunningInSquares
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States215 Posts
August 26 2011 16:30 GMT
#8
Upon learning the finals are so far from Seoul, I unfortunately have to say I can't make it. Sorry T___T
Thorin
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
601 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-26 17:59:44
August 26 2011 17:59 GMT
#9
Yeah this has pretty much failed epically since there's no point going that far from Seoul for the STX finals ;_;

On August 26 2011 21:55 vulnerate wrote:
p.s. you're a week late! should have come through for the proleague finals! ggggbabybabybaby left Korea literally the next day and DarthThienAn repatriated too just a couple days later. Now that you came prematurely (pun intended), who is supposed to keep me and FuRong company at the OSL finals?


The really brutal thing is that I actually came a day before the proleague finals but I had to do some work covering an esports event for CS called e-Stars Seoul on the day they were held so I couldn't go. So all in all my BW dreams have been owned pretty hard this time around :D

Oh well, at least I didn't have to sit and be denied a Bisu vs. Flash in person -_-
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1111
RotterdaM622
SteadfastSC280
TKL 234
Rex130
CosmosSc2 42
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 622
SteadfastSC 280
TKL 234
Rex 130
ProTech80
CosmosSc2 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46567
Calm 3391
Shuttle 2552
Jaedong 1693
Horang2 730
Soma 527
actioN 524
Mini 461
Rush 453
Soulkey 408
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 368
Stork 349
ZerO 270
BeSt 212
Larva 195
Snow 188
Mong 124
firebathero 119
Zeus 97
hero 93
Mind 75
910 71
Free 64
Hyun 53
Yoon 48
sorry 40
Sharp 38
Shinee 36
PianO 36
Shine 33
Pusan 31
JYJ 26
ToSsGirL 25
Bale 22
Aegong 21
Sexy 20
HiyA 18
Terrorterran 18
Rock 14
Hm[arnc] 14
Killer 13
scan(afreeca) 12
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5130
Dendi1305
420jenkins0
Counter-Strike
fl0m2409
Fnx 600
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King167
ChuDatz24
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko366
Other Games
singsing2200
hiko805
crisheroes417
Liquid`RaSZi347
B2W.Neo289
DeMusliM233
ceh9210
Pyrionflax187
Khaldor187
Livibee181
Liquid`VortiX149
dupreeh132
Trikslyr82
QueenE65
ZerO(Twitch)19
Hui .7
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 529
Other Games
BasetradeTV226
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH230
• mYiSmile19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2139
• Jankos1617
• TFBlade461
• Noizen81
Other Games
• Shiphtur648
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 32m
The PondCast
19h 32m
INu's Battles
20h 32m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.