• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:13
CEST 02:13
KST 09:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9952 users

-= The -Ng5- Weekly =-

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
August 25 2011 03:30 GMT
#1
It's been long time in the making, many times did I plan and got screwed up about it, but as it seems it will finally come to pass. The huge interest in the TL Chess Match just made it clear for me that I have to do this. I hereby present you with...

The Ng5 Weekly


Which time of the week? I can't possibly tell. I planned Thursday evening, but I've just got bent over by my classes, so it is yet to be decided and announced.

From when? Sometimes early-mid September. Meaning at least two weeks from now, but more likely three (at most four).

But let me first tell you my plans. The Weekly will mostly consist of one evening (US time, sorry I have roommates now and I cannot start late late late night anymore) of chess. My guess would be between 3 and 5 hours of content each time. In return I will make everything available through VODs and if you watch them you can keep posting me questions that I can answer during a later stream.

The Content


The content would pretty much be similar to what I wanted to do in my marathon when I wasn't playing.

Game analysis, plan making analysis, going over openings, analyzing games - both games of yours that you've sent me or random games I've seen or played.

What extra I have in mind to that is - I want to have a session of Chess for Noobies done at least bi-weekly, where I would like to give a shot at making chess more popular for beginners or those new to the game. I'm not sure how and when, maybe it wouldn't be more than answering questions of new players, or going through their games and trying to give advice from a different perspective, but I would like to have that implemented.

On another not I probably will not play on my weekly stream. I will keep it to teaching. I am quite unsure about when and whether I will actively (or not so actively) play chess in the future. I might give side-streams where I stream my play, but I might just get a secret ICC account for that and not show my play (if it's existent) for a good while.

For this I would like to invite everyone to list their ideas. I want to keep this thread open for the Weekly and have another for the main stream itself. You can post your ideas here or in a PM. The ideas can vary from request of material covered - from as general as endgames, to as particular as some 14 move deep sideline of a rarer opening. Or it can be about a game of yours (I would prefer those sent to me in a PM and in time I might set up a separate email address just for that). Or mostly anything chess related, really.

I probably will not have anything huge for the first event, I will do what I plan to do later.

I also don't know how long I will be able to do this, but I plan to go at least till Christmas with it - and then will see.

I know this is not too flashy of a main post, and it could become much better with some pictures, but right now I cannot do more - and at the same time I do not want to wait longer with the announcement. Please keep up the enthusiasm about chess and come enjoy my stream when it happens!

I'm awaiting your posts.

Cheers,
-me
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
August 25 2011 03:31 GMT
#2
Reserved.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
August 25 2011 03:31 GMT
#3
Res.
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
August 25 2011 03:43 GMT
#4
Sounds great, I would definitely tune in to hear some analysis.

Good luck with the stream!
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
Kralic
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2628 Posts
August 25 2011 03:55 GMT
#5
Wow this will be awesome. As someone who did not get to play chess a whole lot when I was younger I will tune in live or watch the VOD's!
Brood War forever!
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
August 25 2011 04:06 GMT
#6
Amazing, glad to see you back. I loved your stream and it's amazing to see it coming back.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
August 25 2011 04:14 GMT
#7
I think you should show some of the games you've played before and analyze those.
Also, love the bi-weekly chess for noobies thing. :D I'd love to know how you even get started in chess. T___T Reading those wikipedia openings just seems soooooo daunting, especially to memorize all variations and stuff.
darkness overpowering
Picklesicle
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States64 Posts
August 25 2011 06:02 GMT
#8
Terrific! I would definitely add it to my calendar and watch as many as I can. Sadly, that'll be limited due to my own schedule.

However, I'd be very interested in open analysis of ongoing games, from both sides.

Cheers and good luck!
chesshaha
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1117 Posts
August 25 2011 11:44 GMT
#9
Dude awesome! If I can't catch the live stream I'll try to watch part of the Vods.

Great idea! Keep up the good work for the TL chess community.
"Hopefully you're not the real TLO so it's not casted" - SpecialK
Archers_bane
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1338 Posts
August 25 2011 18:43 GMT
#10
I've been getting back into chess after a long break. I will be tuning in
Starcraft's BW glory days have passed, RIP Jaedong's dominance - 2013...EDIT 2017: WE BACK BOYS
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
August 26 2011 00:17 GMT
#11
Hrm, not many replies so far...

I probably can't make time to catch it live but I'll check out the VODs for sure.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
RandomAccount#49059
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2140 Posts
August 26 2011 00:17 GMT
#12
--- Nuked ---
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
August 27 2011 02:11 GMT
#13
Zona wrote:
Hrm, not many replies so far...

I probably can't make time to catch it live but I'll check out the VODs for sure.


It's fine. I started out with a little more than a dozen or two watchers on average. It wasn't before my marathon stream when I scored well into the hundreds.

I'm not going for the quantity. I could get further in my chess if I spent that time on practicing alone, or I could play LoL. I do it because teaching is fun, and a passion of mine.

And just as it wouldn't matter to me if I got to be a professor at a top school or some backwater small university, I don't want thousands of people praising me. I'll just do what I want.

I would do it at a later time to appeal both US and EU people, but the sad truth is - noises get here quite easily from my roommate in the room right next to me, and that should be symmetric, so I don't want to keep them up with a late chess stream, especially not over the weekend.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
davetesta36
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 128
Nina 89
CosmosSc2 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1565
GuemChi 1164
Artosis 665
910 33
MaD[AoV]21
Bale 15
Dota 2
monkeys_forever156
League of Legends
JimRising 701
Counter-Strike
minikerr23
taco 1
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox602
Other Games
summit1g8642
Day[9].tv635
shahzam473
C9.Mang0287
Trikslyr45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick606
BasetradeTV206
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream16
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• Hinosc 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv635
• Shiphtur504
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
15h 47m
The PondCast
1d 9h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.