• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:30
CEST 21:30
KST 04:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8666 users

Honest question....

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
GordonRamsay
Profile Joined July 2011
United States3 Posts
August 08 2011 06:35 GMT
#1
This time last year, I had no idea people played starcraft competitively, at least in the USA I had heard about it in Korea. I had no idea what TL was, never watched any gaming streams or you tube channels. Now I likes me some rootdestiny stream, some day9 daily, some huskies starcrafts. But as I have become immersed in the world of gaming something keeps cropping up, and it doesn't me so much as I just don't understand it.

Why are you all so gay?

That's an honest question. From listening to the chat in day9's stream, mlg streams, destiny's stream...heck just about any gamer chat you can find around has about one thing in common...it is full of unabashedly gay comments. I mean it even seems to have become an acceptable term in gaming to call people "pretty". Husky and Day9 will do this a lot, but it spills over even worse when you get to the masses. For instance its commonplace for men to tell Day9 they wanna bang him in his chat....

And so I wonder, all you "come out of the closet if only in a starcraft 2 stream chat"...what was it that drew you and you're gay friends to sc2? what makes it feel like such a safe place to let it all out? Or...and this is a long shot but who knows...did starcraft 2 somehow turn you into a flaming homosexual?

Like I said, this isn't meant to be homophobic. Yes I'm straight, and sure overtly and over the top gay people can make me feel a little uncomfortable at times but i know I'm not alone in that. So its not that I'm bashing you I just want to know....

why so gay starcraft 2?

*starts counting seconds until mods pwn post*

User was temp banned for this post.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 06:37:29
August 08 2011 06:37 GMT
#2
lol

don't worry about it people just say those "gay" things to joke around
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
August 08 2011 06:37 GMT
#3
Are you like 12?
twitch.tv/medrea
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
August 08 2011 06:37 GMT
#4
why even fucking bother..?
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
contraSol
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States185 Posts
August 08 2011 06:37 GMT
#5
"Yes I'm straight, and sure overtly and over the top gay people can make me feel a little uncomfortable at times but i know I'm not alone in that."

Yes, this makes you homophobic. No, you are not the only homophobe alive, so I guess you can take solace in that? Why do you give a shit about the sexuality of people on the internet?
Lobo2me
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway1213 Posts
August 08 2011 06:39 GMT
#6
It's only gay if the balls touch.
Bad manners are better than no manners at all.
Warpath
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1242 Posts
August 08 2011 06:40 GMT
#7
If your the real Ramsay I must say you are one handsome dude, I'd love to bear your children.
rawrjaaaaay
Profile Joined March 2011
United States426 Posts
August 08 2011 06:40 GMT
#8
You're not comfortable with your sexuality.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Candide
Profile Joined November 2010
456 Posts
August 08 2011 06:41 GMT
#9
On August 08 2011 15:39 Lobo2me wrote:
It's only gay if the balls touch.



this is extremely relevant to my interests.

OP would you like our balls to touch?
SnowSC2
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States678 Posts
August 08 2011 06:42 GMT
#10
I learned to boner from day9
Hnnngg
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1101 Posts
August 08 2011 06:42 GMT
#11
On August 08 2011 15:39 Lobo2me wrote:
It's only gay if the balls touch.


Exactly, I only touch balls with my best friend.
-eXalt
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States462 Posts
August 08 2011 06:42 GMT
#12
It's called gay humor. Pretty popular these days. Artosis calls tasteless 'handsome' all the time.. it's just kind of funny.

My friends use gay humor ALL the time, and they are straight. Are you anti-social or something? : P
moltenlead
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada866 Posts
August 08 2011 06:42 GMT
#13
It's a joke...
ronpaul012
Profile Joined March 2011
United States769 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 06:44:04
August 08 2011 06:42 GMT
#14
because we're not a bunch of homophobic jocks who think that having respect for other men is means that your flamboyent. What a stupid ass question. The comments are not gay, something gay would be if somebody would come out and say, I'm attracted to that man. If anything complimenting other pro's is a way of showing that hey, we're not a bunch of pimply faced nerds. We're normal people.

And so what if some of these comments were meant to be gay, which they're not. Even if they were good for the caster for being open about it.

I'm straight myself, but I feel as if this community is very progressive when it comes to that, and yes if gay people make you nervous then you are homophobic.
I'm a gooner.
cdhstarbuck
Profile Joined February 2011
Austria84 Posts
August 08 2011 06:43 GMT
#15
On August 08 2011 15:37 Medrea wrote:
Are you like 12?


Either that or a giant troll.
Also, you have some problems if you don't think MKP is cute.
Software is like sex: it's better when it's free
Leyra
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1222 Posts
August 08 2011 06:44 GMT
#16
I'm guessing you're not a male between the age of 15-25 that's ever used the internet. "fake gay" is a pretty normal thing these days. If they're seriously saying "he's so handsome" it's just not wrong to think another man is handsome!
ckw
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1018 Posts
August 08 2011 06:44 GMT
#17
On August 08 2011 15:35 GordonRamsay wrote:
This time last year, I had no idea people played starcraft competitively, at least in the USA I had heard about it in Korea. I had no idea what TL was, never watched any gaming streams or you tube channels. Now I likes me some rootdestiny stream, some day9 daily, some huskies starcrafts. But as I have become immersed in the world of gaming something keeps cropping up, and it doesn't me so much as I just don't understand it.

Why are you all so gay?

That's an honest question. From listening to the chat in day9's stream, mlg streams, destiny's stream...heck just about any gamer chat you can find around has about one thing in common...it is full of unabashedly gay comments. I mean it even seems to have become an acceptable term in gaming to call people "pretty". Husky and Day9 will do this a lot, but it spills over even worse when you get to the masses. For instance its commonplace for men to tell Day9 they wanna bang him in his chat....

And so I wonder, all you "come out of the closet if only in a starcraft 2 stream chat"...what was it that drew you and you're gay friends to sc2? what makes it feel like such a safe place to let it all out? Or...and this is a long shot but who knows...did starcraft 2 somehow turn you into a flaming homosexual?

Like I said, this isn't meant to be homophobic. Yes I'm straight, and sure overtly and over the top gay people can make me feel a little uncomfortable at times but i know I'm not alone in that. So its not that I'm bashing you I just want to know....

why so gay starcraft 2?

*starts counting seconds until mods pwn post*


a/s/l???
Being weak is a choice.
junky50
Profile Joined April 2011
11 Posts
August 08 2011 06:44 GMT
#18
When I was playing CS , there was not such thing as pretty or love in the chat.
I personally don't care about gay comments since it's not affecting me. But I agree some time the use of <3 smiley can lead to some gayism. What can I do ? Nothing.

pampelmus
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
Switzerland215 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 06:46:52
August 08 2011 06:45 GMT
#19
Well, your question is phrased aggressively, kind of, but I wonder the same. I really do not know why Artosis and Tasteless call themselves pretty all the time. Or why he calls Nestea and other progamers pretty and handsome and stuff... they're not pretty at all, some of them the contrary.

It's kind of awkward. I suppose it's not anymore for pepole that spend a lot of time in the community, but I'm doing a lot of other stuff than playing and following sc2, and it's not that common anywhere else.

I do not think it has anything to do with being gay at all, but nonetheless, it's kind of strange
Biggun69
Profile Joined December 2010
187 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 06:45:58
August 08 2011 06:45 GMT
#20
On August 08 2011 15:35 GordonRamsay wrote:
This time last year, I had no idea people played starcraft competitively, at least in the USA I had heard about it in Korea. I had no idea what TL was, never watched any gaming streams or you tube channels. Now I likes me some rootdestiny stream, some day9 daily, some huskies starcrafts. But as I have become immersed in the world of gaming something keeps cropping up, and it doesn't me so much as I just don't understand it.

Why are you all so gay?

That's an honest question. From listening to the chat in day9's stream, mlg streams, destiny's stream...heck just about any gamer chat you can find around has about one thing in common...it is full of unabashedly gay comments. I mean it even seems to have become an acceptable term in gaming to call people "pretty". Husky and Day9 will do this a lot, but it spills over even worse when you get to the masses. For instance its commonplace for men to tell Day9 they wanna bang him in his chat....

And so I wonder, all you "come out of the closet if only in a starcraft 2 stream chat"...what was it that drew you and you're gay friends to sc2? what makes it feel like such a safe place to let it all out? Or...and this is a long shot but who knows...did starcraft 2 somehow turn you into a flaming homosexual?

Like I said, this isn't meant to be homophobic. Yes I'm straight, and sure overtly and over the top gay people can make me feel a little uncomfortable at times but i know I'm not alone in that. So its not that I'm bashing you I just want to know....

why so gay starcraft 2?

*starts counting seconds until mods pwn post*


The real question is, why are YOU so homophobic? I think the main reason people say gay things is because they are funny. Lighten up?
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 199
ProTech165
JuggernautJason56
CosmosSc2 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 758
White-Ra 183
Dewaltoss 118
Hyuk 98
firebathero 74
Trap 51
Sacsri 23
Bale 17
Dota 2
Gorgc8316
qojqva1345
Counter-Strike
fl0m1505
Fnx 878
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King92
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3218
Khaldor1264
crisheroes1067
Liquid`Hasu550
Other Games
summit1g4607
FrodaN1719
XBOCT272
ArmadaUGS164
C9.Mang0162
QueenE75
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream67
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• StrangeGG 78
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie918
• Shiphtur263
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 30m
CranKy Ducklings
14h 30m
Online Event
15h 30m
FEL
20h 30m
AI Arena Tournament
21h 30m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 30m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.