• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:39
CEST 07:39
KST 14:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8444 users

Honest question.... - Page 4

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
rauk
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States2228 Posts
August 08 2011 07:00 GMT
#61
because starcraft players are secure enough in their sexuality that stating another man is attractive in no way reflects on their orientation.

or it's because playing starcraft makes you gay.
thenextnight
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada23 Posts
August 08 2011 07:00 GMT
#62
On August 08 2011 15:44 ckw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 15:35 GordonRamsay wrote:
This time last year, I had no idea people played starcraft competitively, at least in the USA I had heard about it in Korea. I had no idea what TL was, never watched any gaming streams or you tube channels. Now I likes me some rootdestiny stream, some day9 daily, some huskies starcrafts. But as I have become immersed in the world of gaming something keeps cropping up, and it doesn't me so much as I just don't understand it.

Why are you all so gay?

That's an honest question. From listening to the chat in day9's stream, mlg streams, destiny's stream...heck just about any gamer chat you can find around has about one thing in common...it is full of unabashedly gay comments. I mean it even seems to have become an acceptable term in gaming to call people "pretty". Husky and Day9 will do this a lot, but it spills over even worse when you get to the masses. For instance its commonplace for men to tell Day9 they wanna bang him in his chat....

And so I wonder, all you "come out of the closet if only in a starcraft 2 stream chat"...what was it that drew you and you're gay friends to sc2? what makes it feel like such a safe place to let it all out? Or...and this is a long shot but who knows...did starcraft 2 somehow turn you into a flaming homosexual?

Like I said, this isn't meant to be homophobic. Yes I'm straight, and sure overtly and over the top gay people can make me feel a little uncomfortable at times but i know I'm not alone in that. So its not that I'm bashing you I just want to know....

why so gay starcraft 2?

*starts counting seconds until mods pwn post*


a/s/l???



You're my favorite
Give me liberty, or give me a bran muffin!
Cassel_Castle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States820 Posts
August 08 2011 07:02 GMT
#63
On August 08 2011 15:44 ckw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 15:35 GordonRamsay wrote:
This time last year, I had no idea people played starcraft competitively, at least in the USA I had heard about it in Korea. I had no idea what TL was, never watched any gaming streams or you tube channels. Now I likes me some rootdestiny stream, some day9 daily, some huskies starcrafts. But as I have become immersed in the world of gaming something keeps cropping up, and it doesn't me so much as I just don't understand it.

Why are you all so gay?

That's an honest question. From listening to the chat in day9's stream, mlg streams, destiny's stream...heck just about any gamer chat you can find around has about one thing in common...it is full of unabashedly gay comments. I mean it even seems to have become an acceptable term in gaming to call people "pretty". Husky and Day9 will do this a lot, but it spills over even worse when you get to the masses. For instance its commonplace for men to tell Day9 they wanna bang him in his chat....

And so I wonder, all you "come out of the closet if only in a starcraft 2 stream chat"...what was it that drew you and you're gay friends to sc2? what makes it feel like such a safe place to let it all out? Or...and this is a long shot but who knows...did starcraft 2 somehow turn you into a flaming homosexual?

Like I said, this isn't meant to be homophobic. Yes I'm straight, and sure overtly and over the top gay people can make me feel a little uncomfortable at times but i know I'm not alone in that. So its not that I'm bashing you I just want to know....

why so gay starcraft 2?

*starts counting seconds until mods pwn post*


a/s/l???


44/m/scotland
Bobster
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany3075 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 07:04:15
August 08 2011 07:02 GMT
#64
Wait a second, a homophobe from the United States? What happened to the land of the free and the right of every man to pursue his happiness?


OP sounds un-American.
Devolved
Profile Joined April 2008
United States2753 Posts
August 08 2011 07:02 GMT
#65
On August 08 2011 16:00 rauk wrote:
because starcraft players are secure enough in their sexuality that stating another man is attractive in no way reflects on their orientation.

or it's because playing starcraft makes you gay.

Yeah, but I've heard people call Idra handsome. This alone let's you know it's just a joke.
$♥$
SnowSC2
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States678 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 07:07:27
August 08 2011 07:02 GMT
#66
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


This is just how things are, most people nowadays arent uncomfortable with theyre sexuality, simple as that.
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
August 08 2011 07:04 GMT
#67
On August 08 2011 15:45 Biggun69 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 15:35 GordonRamsay wrote:
This time last year, I had no idea people played starcraft competitively, at least in the USA I had heard about it in Korea. I had no idea what TL was, never watched any gaming streams or you tube channels. Now I likes me some rootdestiny stream, some day9 daily, some huskies starcrafts. But as I have become immersed in the world of gaming something keeps cropping up, and it doesn't me so much as I just don't understand it.

Why are you all so gay?

That's an honest question. From listening to the chat in day9's stream, mlg streams, destiny's stream...heck just about any gamer chat you can find around has about one thing in common...it is full of unabashedly gay comments. I mean it even seems to have become an acceptable term in gaming to call people "pretty". Husky and Day9 will do this a lot, but it spills over even worse when you get to the masses. For instance its commonplace for men to tell Day9 they wanna bang him in his chat....

And so I wonder, all you "come out of the closet if only in a starcraft 2 stream chat"...what was it that drew you and you're gay friends to sc2? what makes it feel like such a safe place to let it all out? Or...and this is a long shot but who knows...did starcraft 2 somehow turn you into a flaming homosexual?

Like I said, this isn't meant to be homophobic. Yes I'm straight, and sure overtly and over the top gay people can make me feel a little uncomfortable at times but i know I'm not alone in that. So its not that I'm bashing you I just want to know....

why so gay starcraft 2?

*starts counting seconds until mods pwn post*


The real question is, why are YOU so homophobic? I think the main reason people say gay things is because they are funny. Lighten up?
This.
Not only that, but much of the stuff I'd say isn't even homosexual behavior. If you've been told it's homosexual to give a guy a complement than you've been taught miserably.
Try living somewhere other than under your rock, and maybe aside from learning that pro gaming exists, and that guys give other guys compliments and make jokes about it, that there are a whole bunch of other discoveries you can make in this world.
Since I don't know what else you don't know, I will not give examples, as much as I'd like to assume things.
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
Tryxtira
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden572 Posts
August 08 2011 07:04 GMT
#68
I understand you feel threatened by this. Homophobia is a very serious disease and we should all really beware of making you frightened.

Seriously though. What the fuck is your problem? It's a way to joke around and at the same time show appreciation for a player or a style or what ever. Love is a great thing, even the bible says so, which I'm sure you are aware of.
Ponyo
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1231 Posts
August 08 2011 07:04 GMT
#69
Because they can and there is no reason they shouldn't.

ponyo.848
Demonace34
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2493 Posts
August 08 2011 07:05 GMT
#70
On August 08 2011 16:00 Mastermind wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2011 15:56 Demonace34 wrote:
It is a joke, how is it 2011 and people still aren't comfortable in their sexuality? Who cares even if they were actually gay and saying it instead of joking? Nada's body thread is awesome, Tastosis are two of the sexist caster combinations and Day9 is a studmuffin... The real question is am I joking or not? Maybe it is who cares?

ya, but it is way over done.



It might be overdone but the OP is blatantly asking why is everyone gay like it is a bad thing. I think people might take it too far, but I don't call them flaming homosexuals for taking it too far.
NaNiwa|IdrA|HuK|iNcontroL|Jinro|NonY|Day[9]|PuMa|HerO|MMA|NesTea|NaDa|Boxer|Ryung|
Divergence
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada363 Posts
August 08 2011 07:06 GMT
#71
Holy crap this thread is exploding fast.

I like to think of all this "handsome" talk as a meme. Someone said it once either as a joke or a sign of true heterosexual affection, and after that it just spread into the minds of other casters. Now it has become the "industry standard" to make jokes like that.

OP's social circle is probably somewhat homophobic but he just doesn't realize it.
arbitrageur
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia1202 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-08 07:08:04
August 08 2011 07:07 GMT
#72
Who cares.. I like it when people use words like that.. It shows they're not some bozo who's trying to be some masculine douchebag.
Xation
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada147 Posts
August 08 2011 07:07 GMT
#73
On August 08 2011 15:44 junky50 wrote:
When I was playing CS , there was not such thing as pretty or love in the chat.
I personally don't care about gay comments since it's not affecting me. But I agree some time the use of <3 smiley can lead to some gayism. What can I do ? Nothing.


I feel like the <3 emote doesn't hold much meaning behind it anymore. It's just a show of fanboyism. "Oh, I love HuK.<3" can be said without being gay. "I love HuK, he is so hot.<3" is the difference. YOU SEEEE?!?!
Liquid HerO bonjwa. Stardust fighting! -Jester 1754
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
August 08 2011 07:08 GMT
#74
I been having a shitty day, but always trust in TL to make you laugh.

<3
Thank God and gunrun.
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
August 08 2011 07:09 GMT
#75
Sigh. Please be secure with yourself, and don't make threads like these. :|
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft685
PiGStarcraft231
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 535
Stork 220
ggaemo 171
Leta 143
PianO 59
Hyuk 31
yabsab 17
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm168
League of Legends
JimRising 786
Reynor3
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King295
Westballz30
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor660
Other Games
summit1g8986
Coldzera 841
C9.Mang0331
Sick158
RuFF_SC2113
ViBE74
ArmadaUGS36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick635
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 9
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2198
League of Legends
• Lourlo1334
• Stunt390
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 21m
Online Event
5h 21m
FEL
10h 21m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 21m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 21m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.